YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by YyottaCat »

Pagetop?
Show
My signature in 2018-2019:
Fun Fact: This is a fact. Burger king foot lettuce isn't.
Fun Fact: The above fact is a fact.

My thoughts on my signature in 2018-2019:
What in the world even is "Burger king foot lettuce"?
I know what Burger King is but what is foot lettuce?
Is it lettuce made out of feet? Geez, I'm so different than how I used to be.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

well this is exciting

~ skitteR
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I thought Mena was going to convince us the slot was town.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1624, YyottaCat wrote:Scum wouldn't want bomb to get eliminated because that would mean an early loss to them. How is his vote partner-y though? “Halfhearted” doesn't explain it very much.
My thinking was he didn't really seem to push you in a manner that made it seem like he wanted you eliminated, you basically ignored him voting you then defended him when people started voting him, and he backed down for a bad reason, it felt like if you were town he saw as eliminatable he would have been more aggressive in his attack. But that's just a theory.

Is that a strong enough case to vote you over? probably not, I prefer my infinity vote.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by catboi »

Yeah, this game died hardcore, I was expecting more. In lieu of that, her is why I am voting infiity:
In post 348, Infinity 324 wrote:Murder what do you think of GC atp? I lean town on penguin for not trying to look town
In post 357, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 356, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm going to vote here instead though because NM.
?
In post 410, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 391, Green Crayons wrote:meanwhile

VOTE: Gamma
Bad vote
In post 399, Gamma Emerald wrote:MURDERCAT your play feels kinda flat rn
what's up?
Murder's play always feels flat until he hits the towny button. That said, I'm leaning town on him atm.

Murder what are you seeing with yyotta?
In post 622, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 602, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 539, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:@whoever is interested: skitter is within top 3 players onsite with ability to read me. probably top 1 if not close to it. she has crazy accuracy on me. therefore I will consider scumreading me a scumclaim, from her specifically.
This is good context actually, thanks. I was confused about why everyone was accepting skitter's read on you when like, skitter might not be town?
I mean, she's likely forced to read lilith correctly anyway if scum, because it looks sus if she misreads her. Them being scum together is unlikely by stats, and I get the sense that lilith is relatively easy to read in general. Which is why it's odd that I seem to disagree with skitter on lilith's alignment atm. Like, being prickly/antagonistic about an SR on you and channeling that energy into aggressively questioning the person who SRs you is strongly indicative of towny OMGUS imo.

I don't have a read on yyotta atm
In post 756, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't actually know murder's scumgame, I don't really think this is it though

Agree that GC's shadow read feels a bit more genuine than before, still leaning towards him being scum
In post 847, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm townreading both hydras, Dumb & Dumber to a lesser extent because auro is confusing and skitter is good at scum.

I've looked over GC's more recent posts and fitting them into a scum mindset keeps feeling like a stretch. Don't really know who scum is outside of that.

Murdercat show us your towny soul
In post 887, Infinity 324 wrote:Murder can you explain your read on the shadow/catboi slot?
In post 941, Infinity 324 wrote:This is the part where I really feel like murder is town but I can't explain it so I'm just gonna keep saying it hoping that does something
Early on, infinity defends murder as a townlean but only has a couple weak interactions with him.

In post 954, Infinity 324 wrote:@lilith Not much has changed since I TRed skitter early, we mindmelded on GC a bit. It's not really a read I'm interested in re-evaluating until later on

Everyone is towny, let's wagon NM

VOTE: nm
In post 983, Infinity 324 wrote:Because uh

I have way too many townreads and I don't like the murdercat wagon and he's not a townread for obvious reasons
In post 1069, Infinity 324 wrote:Lilith can you try to explain what's been actively scummy about murder's content as opposed to just underwhelming

I've seen flashes of a town!murder personality here and I normally soulread him as town when he's town so I'm also reluctant to elim him today

I am sorta mindmelding with gamma here because I don't want to elim murder but I also am not excited about anyone else, that's why I voted NM at least, yeah it's lazy but I want to trust my reads enough to say that me having a lot of TRs means the unreadable players are more likely scum
In post 1084, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1074, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:@infinity
catboi’s post sums up most of it I think, have you read and responded to this?

Actually just looked at your ISO and you don’t seem to have mentioned this post at all, which is interesting because this is probably the biggest scumcase on murder so far, and you seemingly hard townread this slot before catboi replaced in. Is there a reason you haven’t responded to catboi on murder or engaged with catboi at all?

- Daenerys
I read the post, it didn't really do anything for me. Most of it is like, murder is making lazy pushes and reasoning because he's kinda being lazy this game. If you're interested I can respond to it in more depth
In post 1095, Infinity 324 wrote:@lilith The argument isn't "murder could be lazy town"

It's "laziness isn't scum-indicative, especially for murder"

I just don't think any of the points against murder actually make him more likely to be scum, and he's felt towny to me so far

Fair point about not searching for other scum, I've been pretty demotivated and should probably be re-evaluating my TRs. But also, when I have reasons to TR a lot of the playerlist, yeah maybe players like NM and yyota, who I don't have reasons to TR, are more likely scum
In post 1104, Infinity 324 wrote:I haven't gotten townvibes from NM, I'm (very) not confident I'll be able to read NM later

PEdit: I don't see it happen often, and I don't see why murder would think that would happen in this gamestate?
When the push starts to move against murder, infinity tries to start a wagon on not_mafia instead while being dismissive of the arguments against murdercat.
In post 1115, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I'm not arguing that murder is town for it
In post 1119, Infinity 324 wrote:I was arguing against the fact that it's scummy for murder to not be here atm, I think it's NAI
Small bit of equivocation, saying he's not arguing murdercat is town while defending him.
In post 1409, Infinity 324 wrote:I prefer voting murder to gamma
In post 1411, Infinity 324 wrote:I have more solid reasons to TR gamma that I can go into tomorrow, it comes down to the fact that he doesn't care at all about how he's perceived

Murder I just got some townvibes, I could be wrong there ig
In post 1445, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: murdercat

Sorry murder </3

E-1
Then, abruptly, switches to being willing to vote murdercat for seemingly little reason when the wagon on him builds up.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by catboi »

Honestly looking back at the end of day 1 makes the gamma-bomb/infinity-goon theory feel very plausible which might explain why infinity came into the day completely flat. I was going to say I like the infinity vote for strategic purposes because I had some slight uncertainty with regard to gamma, but I think I pretty much always vote menalque on an infinity goon flip.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:47 am

Post by YyottaCat »

Why is the thread title still “Day 1”?

---

VOTE: Infinity
I'm convinced again.
Show
My signature in 2018-2019:
Fun Fact: This is a fact. Burger king foot lettuce isn't.
Fun Fact: The above fact is a fact.

My thoughts on my signature in 2018-2019:
What in the world even is "Burger king foot lettuce"?
I know what Burger King is but what is foot lettuce?
Is it lettuce made out of feet? Geez, I'm so different than how I used to be.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 am

Post by catboi »

I think the mod needs a prod
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Hello guys, I'm really sorry for being busy. I have some important things going on, that's why can't concentrate here. Give me some time to adjust everything, please.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Menalque »

I had a job interview which I think (?) has gone well so I’m celebrating tonight but don’t have much on tomorrow so I’ll see about reading through then

Unless the entire game is for some reason turning on my slot I don’t get why that’s like preventing other things from happening, and if it is then... ur just gonna have to wait, soz
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1471, Dumb and Dumber wrote:@infinity
My half-baked theory is that gamma is the bomb

~ skitter
Can't be
Infinity 324
? His looks like bussing vote.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Btw, welcome
Menalque
!
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

In post 1179, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 1133, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1130, YyottaCat wrote:Gamma seems a little suspicious.

Infinity, GC, KITTY, Salsabil, PP are my TR.
Everyone else seems null.
can you define why you find me suspicious?
this does sorta answer my question tho
In post 1143, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1130, YyottaCat wrote:Gamma seems a little suspicious.

Infinity, GC, KITTY, Salsabil, PP are my TR.
Everyone else seems null.
can you explain these reads please

- Daenerys
@Gamma I think the way you reacted to your wagon is a little suspicious.

@lilith Infinity just seems townish during the game, GC got some fairly solid (at least how I view it) reasoning behind things although I'm not sure about his KITTY vote. I honestly don't think KITTY is that suspicious. I think he also got some town vibes. Salsabil seems to be going real deep in scumhunting this game. Something that seems town to me. PP just seems to be a passive townie.
can you explain what townvibes you got from murdercat?

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 am

work blew up so I’m probably not going to be around much.

yyotta slot is like, really meh. I don’t really get the feeling of solving, and recent posts are lackluster.

elim within {infinity, mena, yyotta} today I think.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 am

In post 1592, Menalque wrote:
In post 1587, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1549, Menalque wrote:But like fmpov, the occam’s explanation of the gamestate is a scum hardbus. Why? Bc I know that the alternative wagon yesterday was on town, which makes me think scum weren’t trying that hard to resist murdercat wagon which in turn makes me think bussing
i don't understand this either.

if gamma/mena = town, then there was a scum wagon and a town wagon, and so correct assumption is that scum bussed rather than tried to get town eliminated?

also, what would be "were'nt trying to hard to resist murdercat wagon" that wasn't infinity/gamma's reaction to the MC wagon?
I’m saying a very sensible assumption given the setup is that scum (specifically the other goon) has a v clear path to a win from a hardbus on D1 and that shouldn’t be discounted

The path would be >lim murder kitty >NK >9 players left, goon prob gets inducted into the panic room >hardbus the bomb D2 >3p lylo where the goon has led on both their buddies but can explain still being alive via NK expiring after bomb dies
logically this doesn’t make any sense unless you’re positing that dumb&dumber is bussing you and you’re the bomb. I think skitter already said this but it really does not compute. mena’s response in also doesn’t make much sense to me.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 am

on reread I feel better about gc as well.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 am

We’re waiting on infinity who promised a reread/thoughts and mena who promised catchup/thoughts. They’re the main two slots I’m interested in eliminating given how they defended MC yesterday. gamma in particular was arguing that NM voting MC was scummy because NM “should know that town!murder gets wagoned early.” I feel like that’s a very farfetched reason for trying to wagon NM. I don’t have much on my to-do list beyond annoying the shit out of them with questions.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:27 am

In post 1434, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1429, Salsabil Faria wrote:{1278} = Don't agree with you cause like you overreacted on Dumbass ( Auro) earlier, Gamma Emerald overreacted with you too. Yes, he might have the wrong meta on you (which is according to you), but that doesn't necessarily scum indicative. Your reaction was also not calming when the 1v1 was going on. And he said that he has issues with communicating, that's why he was ignoring you which I feel genuine. Also, he may be doesn't solve the game like you're doing but I don't find him scum for this.
fine, let’s remove all the “emotional”-related things (once again, I feel like my points are not invalid just because I’m emotional, but I’m being treated like my content isn’t valid just because I’m frustrated)

Gamma’s perspective is like so far out of the realm of where my head’s at that it’s really difficult for me to believe that this is a town perspective.

- see 1432 - setting up false dichotomies and then going “oh welp guess this person must ~logically~ be scum” when that ignores all context of the game
- “wrong meta” is an understatement. you have to actively be looking at two of my worst scumgames at all time, where I rolled over like a napkin, and think that that kind of engagement is at all similar to how active or engaged I’ve been in this game.

- Daenerys
In post 1432, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:The reason I brought it up is because it seemed like gamma had completely ignored 1) what position scum!me would have to have taken on a town!skitter and town!auro; and 2) the effort I was putting into the game. again, if he wanted to say I was scum despite that or because of it, fine, but he did not consider where my slot stood in the context of the game. he chose to create a false dichotomy between my slot and another slot in two different ways (me vs penguin and me vs dumb & dumber) and then was like “oh well I guess if lilith is in two dichotomies it should be her.” that’s the same mentality I’ve taken to reads as scum before, where I set up a chain of “logic” and then just use those points to draw “conclusions,” and ignore everything else about the actual play in the game.

- Daenerys
reposting these. I think I’m still decently confident in what I said about gamma before.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

I'm in a similar place as lilith, basically waiting for more from infinity + mena

~ skitteR
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:28 am

@salsa would like a response to the posts quoted in 1642 since I don’t think you ever responded

- Daenerys
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:37 am

Post by catboi »

Infinity is really...uh...avoiding this game, huh.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:42 am

In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I do wish he would post more since he said he would be, but is leaving the thread and "hoping the wagon dissipates" something scum actually do ever? Idk
In post 1102, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I do wish he would post more since he said he would be, but is leaving the thread and "hoping the wagon dissipates" something scum actually do ever? Idk
*raises hand*

- Daenerys
In post 1103, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:is leaving the thread and "hoping the wagon dissipates" something scum actually do ever?
Yes.
In post 1104, Infinity 324 wrote:I haven't gotten townvibes from NM, I'm (very) not confident I'll be able to read NM later

PEdit: I don't see it happen often, and I don't see why murder would think that would happen in this gamestate?
In post 1107, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1104, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: I don't see it happen often, and I don't see why murder would think that would happen in this gamestate?
seems a little dismissive when you received two answers of the affirmative.
In post 1109, Infinity 324 wrote:I actually don't remember a time when scum has lurked out a wagon hoping it dissipates, but maybe there's been a time where it happened and I though the scum was just demotivated or something

It just seems like a very dumb thing to do and I don't think that's really how wagons work, maybe in larges idk
In post 1110, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:that’s literally my reaction as scum to most pressure.

- Daenerys
In post 1111, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1109, Infinity 324 wrote:I actually don't remember a time when scum has lurked out a wagon hoping it dissipates, but maybe there's been a time where it happened and I though the scum was just demotivated or something

It just seems like a very dumb thing to do and I don't think that's really how wagons work, maybe in larges idk
I mean - it depends on the player, but I have seen it (work) enough that it's not a good reason to use it for ++town points.
In post 1115, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I'm not arguing that murder is town for it
In post 1116, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:.... aren’t you?

- Daenerys
In post 1117, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:but is leaving the thread and "hoping the wagon dissipates" something scum actually do ever? Idk
In post 1104, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: I don't see it happen often, and I don't see why murder would think that would happen in this gamestate?
Sorry - this seemed to be an argument for notscum!kitty which would be town!kitty
In post 1119, Infinity 324 wrote:I was arguing against the fact that it's scummy for murder to not be here atm, I think it's NAI
this also feels pretty damning for infinity

- Daenerys
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Plenty of power problems throughout the U.S. the past couple of days, so I'm reserving judgment on activity.

But I am basically just waiting to hear from infinity or gamma. I could vote either tbh and am too lazy to look elsewhere at the moment.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

gamma = mena.

congrats on good job interview, too
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:05 am

I think catboi was alluding to infinity posting elsewhere on site. I think it’s really just an “icing on the cake” kind of thing

- Daenerys