Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Vasex »

Maybe to be more correct I need to add that the term often uses like that: "to buy smb hand", "he has (bought) enough hands to hang smb"... This is mostly from live-tournirs.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

In post 400, Vasex wrote:live-tournirs.
there's live mafia tournaments in russia? 0.o
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Vasex »

Yeah. And sometimes it is even possible to watch them via the web, there are also recordings. Even some kind of channels. I'm not deeply informed about that, but there is smth like that, and also the clubs. And I think it was more popular years ago than now.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:07 am

Oh fair.

Too bad they'd probably be in Russian. There are some Russian mafia players that stop by American video mafia games sometimes. Although like, I think I'd be good, I find in-persona mafia to be okay and I find forum mafia to be okay but video mafia I find really difficult. I think the way audio works bugs the way I think about the game. Still might be fun to watch a tournament-style mafia game tbh, I might have to look into it
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Vasex »

There is one rather interesting tournament format called "Moskva" (Moscow). 10 players. 3 of them mafia and 1 sheriff and 6 townies. In forum mafia, like in live games, mafia scums cannot talk with each other during the game (so they don't have the chat outside the thread during the game). All night kills and checking for the sheriff they do using the system of secret tags/tips (they arrange this system in chat before the game). Usually the boss of mafia decides who will be killed. All mafia scums should send to the game master the name of the victum, the same nick from everyone. If somebody makes a mistake, they don't kill anybody. But it is not difficult. But the format of the game is quite balanced and difficult for both sides. The most interesting there that almost in every game there are two (or even more sometimes) revealed sherifs (only one of them is true). And after the death a role or a side of the player is still unknown to alive players. And everybody has a right to leave 1 last post after the death - like a last word.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:41 am

Bah, sounds like you're describing Hypoclaiming. EpicMafia used to have people that would do stuff like that. It's pretty unpopular here, even though there have been a few games I thought it would have helped. Weird to have a no kill if any of the scum typo the name of the kill?

I'm really confused by the setup having one real sheriff but multiple people 'revealed' as sheriff, that would be like bastard modding isn't it? Maybe I misunderstood
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
Goon
team rocket queen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:43 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 404, Vasex wrote:And everybody has a right to leave 1 last post after the death - like a last word.
please call me jessie.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 am

Post by floo »

I'm starting to read the top of page 16 but I want to post using some notes I've compiled. I'm treating each lettered section as its own post.

A

It's hard to see why a player with Vasex's experience, whether town or scum, does the apparent OMGUS. Some players have proposed that it's just an emotional reaction, but Vasex himself has said that he was not scared of dying - he has probably gone through a flash RVS wagon before.

FBJim, maybe other players have mentioned the RVS voting with Ydrasse (IIRC). I still want him to explain his RVS vote sequence and thought process. Especially in relation to his first post, where he says he will delay RVS. Then flow trap posts, he votes Ydrasse and calls flow "fine", Ydrasse posts and votes flow, then he votes flow trap.

I have always thought that if he is scum it will be challenging to give a good explanation, but he will easily explain if town.

B

In post 15, FBJim wrote:hi, if i am posting between 6AM/3PM PST, i am posting instead of working, please don't call my boss

first game of this, actually. anyway, VOTE: team rocket queen, might as well poke some SEs to see how you're "supposed" to respond at this stage
If I'm reading this at face value, you're asking SEs how to properly respond to RVS votes. Were you wary of responding "wrong" and being scumread?

C

I wanted to let flow trap be flow trap, if you get what I'm referring to, so I didn't want to explain too much of flow trap's play. But I can point out just the read list for now. Do you agree it feels like "not flow trap" compared to last game?

D

In post 190, Vasex wrote:Floo,
It's time for you to talk more.
Who has more chances to be scum between FBJim and flow trap? In your opinion.
Maybe you can tell it about anime-girls?
I'm inclined to say flow trap by a hair just because the read list feels off for a reason I want flow and fairy to notice first.

I don't understand the anime girls question. Are you still talking about FBJim and flow trap?
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am

In post 406, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 404, Vasex wrote:And everybody has a right to leave 1 last post after the death - like a last word.
this is town lmao
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:47 am

In post 407, floo wrote:I don't understand the anime girls question. Are you still talking about FBJim and flow trap?
maybe Jessie, Ydra, or Princess....?
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Vasex »

This is misunderstanding, because you are projecting this idea on the bad random players. There are usually good, serious players, who don't miss kills (if they don't want it) and are ready to reveal like a sheriff, being mafia.
Though it is difficult to miss. For example I'm Don and we every day kill the player, whos nichname I will tell last one in my posts before the night. And nobody will make a mistake. Even if it will be mine own nickname. :D
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Vasex »

This was the answer to HUB
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:49 am

scum can self target with night kills? I feel like I have to see one of these games now lmao
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Vasex »

In post 412, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:scum can self target with night kills? I feel like I have to see one of these games now lmao
Yeah
Now do the math, put one and one together: "self killing" + "last word" + "false sheriff" :wink:
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Vasex »

+ unknown status of dead players
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 407, floo wrote:I still want him to explain his RVS vote sequence and thought process. Especially in relation to his first post, where he says he will delay RVS. Then flow trap posts, he votes Ydrasse and calls flow "fine", Ydrasse posts and votes flow, then he votes flow trap.

I have always thought that if he is scum it will be challenging to give a good explanation, but he will easily explain if town.
I don't remember
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Vasex »

I meant "last word" not a one single word. Just language problem lol. This is usually a big post with many words.
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by FBJim »

I am in anime boy bloc. Lone wolf. SK softclaim

@floo partially yes, but mostly because i have actually not played a game before and the concept of RVS was kind of weird since most of the (ok fictional) stuff I read involved either night start or no-hang D1
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by FBJim »

<- the format this game was from btw was basically open follow-the-cop with the balancing being no-flip and coroner (faction only) meaning there was a better chance of wolves usurping the cop role

i was actually kind of surprised to find that no-flip-plus-coroner was like an extremely unpopular setup (I think the wiki calls it borderline bastard!)
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Yeah, it's funny because video mafia pretty much exclusively plays flipless

but I can appreciate that forum as a slower format is just, idk, more likely to elicit tilt in a no flip format

Jingle ran Vengeful Ghosts which was a no flip game and it was generally well-received but it definitely had some blood-boiling emotions in points

Maybe you can start modding some flipless games when you start modding setups?
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by floo »

In post 417, FBJim wrote:I am in anime boy bloc. Lone wolf. SK softclaim

@floo partially yes, but mostly because i have actually not played a game before and the concept of RVS was kind of weird since most of the (ok fictional) stuff I read involved either night start or no-hang D1
Convincing answer, probably true if either town or scum. More likely to be town because Mafia would ask this question in the scum PT.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 395, Ydrasse wrote:i’m james here back off........
No, I am James.
Because HUB and TRQ are my main townies in this game since now!
And you can be a scum. With floo, flow, jim, fairy etc. Kinky?
Now we need to understand who is the pokemon among all of you and who we need to catch first.
The first one probably will be here - Floo, Flow, Yadra.
Because I don't see strong willing to hang Jim or Fairy first among my townies.
Other positions of the players:
Kinky is scumreading Flow and Floo.
Ydra is scumreading Flow, Kinky and maybe Floo.
Jim is scumreading Ydra.
Flow is scumreading Ydra.
Floo is slowreading...
Fairy is not scumreading anybody. Ydra for her is "votey-baity" is it good or bad opinion for Ydra? Help me to translate.

I think Floo is a good option for the first execution.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Vasex »

VOTE: Floo
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:21 pm

VOTE: Floo
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M