Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

@mod:

I'm not voting myself.

<<Woops! Had your name on there twice. Fixed.>>
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

In post 1374, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1368, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 1363, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1118, Datisi wrote:is there a reason why you're town on lotus that's not about that one post?
That post pushed it over into a comfortable town read just because I think it's a low likelihood for scum to post that sort of thing. Before that, I was toying with town because of his tunnel on VD. He saw some early play that he thought looked scummy, and then stuck with it in a way that I find myself doing when convinced I've got scum. His openness about the fact he was tunneling doesn't do him any favors, so I don't see the "scum tunnel so they can be lazy" theory fitting.
thanks for the townread on me here
okay

grass is blue and sky is green
if this is stuff you're townreading, by proxy you should be townreading me - im just applying your own logic elsewhere.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

you haven't tunneled on a player, you've jumped around a lot.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1373, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:is "directing traffic" scummy? yeah i like to exert control over the game state. so what?
Not in general terms, but it’s the way you’ve been directing traffic this game. Throwing things out and seeing what happens then changing when it doesn’t go where you want it, etc. It’s nai, but in the context of this game it feels scummy.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

lol Toxic, everything is fine with me. your silly pot shots at me seem to be based on your own interpretation of my play - which differs quite a lot from reality! hardly surprising as you barely have any experience playing with me. :lol: maybe don't worry so much about me, and stick to worrying about yourself. ;)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1378, ItalianoVD wrote:It’s nai, but in the context of this game it feels scummy.
Just clarify, directing traffic is nai, not jumping around.

Yeah I’m going here today.
VOTE: RTP
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

in a funny way, this is quite a pleasing turn of events. often i get too wrapped up in games and let the emotions run away with me. here i'm relaxed...and erring on the side of bored and impatient for an elim. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i do solemnly swear that if we elim RTP today, I will be a good and productive and devoted townie tomorrow (as I won't be dodging RTP's snark in the thread) :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

and if we don't elim RTP today, I will be a total grump. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i have a scummy feeling about midway btw, but that's one for later
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1384, Battle Mage wrote:i have a scummy feeling about midway btw, but that's one for later
cool - if i get flipped how about you do something useful and sheep me on my townread there. thanks bud.
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:17 pm

In post 1385, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1384, Battle Mage wrote:i have a scummy feeling about midway btw, but that's one for later
cool - if i get flipped how about you do something useful and sheep me on my townread there. thanks bud.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 1380, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1378, ItalianoVD wrote:It’s nai, but in the context of this game it feels scummy.
Just clarify, directing traffic is nai, not jumping around.

Yeah I’m going here today.
VOTE: RTP
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by RLotus »

zzzz
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 1382, Battle Mage wrote:i do solemnly swear that if we elim RTP today, I will be a good and productive and devoted townie tomorrow (as I won't be dodging RTP's snark in the thread) :lol:
In post 1383, Battle Mage wrote:and if we don't elim RTP today, I will be a total grump. :lol:
but please never ever play with me again. these kinds of unwarranted lines are unnecessary if you're not going to cite anything to back it up.

your play right now consists of hardfocusing my slot and waving off any sort of criticism of your read with "haha idc they're being mean to me anyways so i'll be lazy and keep my vote here"

you're not even concerned about being wrong. you're just straight grudge tunneling me like you fucking do in all your games towards ppl on d1. you've been on this site since 2007 - how can you ingrain such habits and not like realize that MAYBE you're doing something wrong????????
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

with the greatest respect in the world, i'm unlikely to sheep your reads regardless of what you flip. not because I'm "egotistical" or "stubborn", but because:

A. I'm sure that once you're dead, the game will be more fun and I'll feel more motivated to actually form more developed reads of my own. At the moment it's hard to get invested when I'm dealing with your nonsensical personal attacks (and I'd rather be un-invested than respond in kind).
B. This is a strong playerlist, and there are other players here I'd be sheeping before you.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:25 pm

In post 1388, RLotus wrote:zzzz
how about u just like help instead of just letting ppl like BM be allowed to be platformed and not have takes like theirs shut down when they're clearly bad??????

hey if you're town you need to actually speak up if you do townread me because im tired of fucking doing this shit alone and having to feel antagonized by shittunnels on my slot every game
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:26 pm

In post 1390, Battle Mage wrote:
with the greatest respect in the world, i'm unlikely to sheep your reads regardless of what you flip. not because I'm "egotistical" or "stubborn", but because:

A. I'm sure that once you're dead, the game will be more fun and I'll feel more motivated to actually form more developed reads of my own. At the moment it's hard to get invested when I'm dealing with your nonsensical personal attacks (and I'd rather be un-invested than respond in kind).
B. This is a strong playerlist, and there are other players here I'd be sheeping before you.

you're an ass.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm

straight up telling a person you're shittunneling that the game will be fun without them is shitty as hell - i dont care what alignment you are. knock it the fuck off.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1260, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1068, Green Crayons wrote:not sure where you get that i'm townreading elements, but i think on balance his play points away from scum
Sorry if you answered this already, but what did you think of their progression on Baltar from the Baltar/Duchess discussion?
I couldn't quite follow what Elements was finding suspicious, as the (Duchess claimed to have caught Elements lurking) versus (Duchess claimed to have caught Elements while they were online) distinction seemed to be both accurate. I don't know why Baltar focusing on one and not the other was a misrep, as Elements was saying.

Pushing that sort of thinnest of split hairs as a basis for suspicion would be suspicious if Elements stuck to it imo. But that Elements took a moment, reflected, and then backed away while also undermining the line of suspicion (so they weren't just planting it out there for someone else to pick up) seems town on a surface level.

I also think it's plausible that Elements!scum thought they had something, realized it wouldn't really stick, and fessed up--which gives them points for being reasonable while also abandoning a difficult line of suspicion to push.

So in a vacuum: town vibes. But, in context of the rest of Elements play: I'd feel more comfortable with a town takeaway if the rest of Elements play was a strong town read. But they're not strong town, so it doesn't move the needle for me much.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:31 pm

BM - go take a look at your own ISO, and tell me if you were town in MY position how would you feel with the way you are talking to me. Just try it. Maybe some empathy won't hurt.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:33 pm

Yeah I got out of line for calling out your accuracy and shit and sorry for that - but literally like - the way you're approaching me is super frustrating and anti town fmpov and quite honestly is making me upset irl bc of how little control I feel i have here bc theres no one here to back me up.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:34 pm

like holy fuck like hell the fact no one has spoken up in a vocal way about it should point me towards town like ........wow.

italiano, you saw how active i was in scumchat and directing stuff, you saw how i told you to pretend to omgus you. you should freaking know.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:34 pm

i will fight every vote on me hard enough that every scum will have to be voting me in order to get an elim through on me. i promise that.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:35 pm

(for fucking real tho on any other mafia website I'd be universally townread by this point its kinda ridiculous lmfao)