Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I mean, if I'm right that 1 of the SE slots is scum, HUB has to be scum or town lose, because there's never a majority on TRQ. FBJim is almost certainly winning this game if scum, so probably writing off that possibility.

Paranoid-BM can also see a world where it's Vasex-Floo (only because Vasex's play in relation to Floo gives me the heeby-jeebies), but you have to make choices and Vasex-Floo is a less scummy duo than Kitty-HUB. And I'm definitely willing to give both an extra day anyway.

So it's really HUB or Kitty today. I'm more confident on HUB, but not gonna complain about either.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1011, KittyTacky wrote:+1 to mass-claim.
I would like to see Floo come and drop a savage hammer on you, but Floo doesn't need to claim now.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

is HUB-Floo still possible? I guess it's only really worth spending lots of time on pairings when we've flipped 1 scum or the pool is smaller.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

In post 1022, Battle Mage wrote:i struggle to believe you think I'm scum here. You know me well enough to know this is 100% town me. So I don't think your take that I 'don't feel right' is genuine or has any substance behind it.

??? I'm not reading you off meta here, you just feel off, very agenda-oriented. It feels more like you're trying to bury KT than anything else, like we're all playing mafia and you're playing Wrestlemania :P
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1028, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:
In post 1022, Battle Mage wrote:i struggle to believe you think I'm scum here. You know me well enough to know this is 100% town me. So I don't think your take that I 'don't feel right' is genuine or has any substance behind it.

??? I'm not reading you off meta here, you just feel off, very agenda-oriented. It feels more like you're trying to bury KT than anything else, like we're all playing mafia and you're playing Wrestlemania :P
You tease! :lol:

Seriously, if you're town, give me something to work with and actually talk to me, rather than this backdoor shading which is making me scumread you on top of everything else.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:08 am

It's funny you say that, because that's one of the main things that bothers me. I feel like you've been trying to pile drive a flip and are trying to push me into the flip order before you've really engaged me at all. As it is I am super backed up with this project that's due tonight, so I mostly just want to be able to look at the thread through tomorrow. But I do feel like the way you've been pushing KT feels unnatural as well. Vasex is a bloodthirsty man, I get that he wants to get on with the game, but I don't remember you feeling this way at all in that mini normal where you felt pretty chill tbh.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1030, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:It's funny you say that, because that's one of the main things that bothers me. I feel like you've been trying to pile drive a flip and are trying to push me into the flip order before you've really engaged me at all.
how is it my fault you weren't here? Plus, how much success have i had engaging anyone so far this game? It's a far cry from our last game together where people listened to me and town kicked ass!
In post 1030, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote: As it is I am super backed up with this project that's due tonight, so I mostly just want to be able to look at the thread through tomorrow. But I do feel like the way you've been pushing KT feels unnatural as well. Vasex is a bloodthirsty man, I get that he wants to get on with the game, but I don't remember you feeling this way at all in that mini normal where you felt pretty chill tbh.
i was marginally more chill at times because initially I didn't care and coasted, and then later everyone just followed me, but don't think it was a big difference. and I'd be similarly chill here if I had even a glimmer of success in co-ordinating the town. My tone here is more assertive because I need to be to elim scum. In the final day of that mini normal I was frenetic in the exact same way as I have been here - because it feels like the same situation with the same urgency. If we fuck up today, it's bad news. Suspecting KT is obvious based on how yesterday went - if you don't see that, you've either got the blinkers on due to your own part in that mis-elim, or you're scum. ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:30 am

Yeah, idk, you've been continuing to argue that anyone townreading people who just wanted to kill flow trap have people in their blind spot. But honestly I townread pretty much everyone on the flow trap wagon, largely for how they handled the flow trap wagon. Actually I was very *slightly* concerned just because Vasex took a little bit of a step back when flow trap really started going off the deep end. And like, I guess I can see how scum *would* use flow trap's behavior as a pretext to f-1 them, but when I read KT's posts they just don't ping me.

I guess from your POV, it makes sense to argue there's like at least one on the wagon, because otherwise, it'd be exactly Jim+floo, right? Can you remind me how you got Jim town or where you are on that read?
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 am

In post 987, FBJim wrote:me: (???): well, if it were me, for miselim-ing a e-1 bait player, i think two scum on the wagon makes more sense than one-on one-off, since the elim-bait status makes justifying any vote theoretically easier. but hey.

Like, Jim arguing a both-on world is actually a polar opposite of my feels. I feel like flow trap was so scummy in how they handled the response to pressure that scum could have been very content to just let flow trap die to an all town wagon. So I very much felt like I've felt towniness from Jim when interacting with them in real time, but today Jim is basically arguing an opposite world as the one I'm imagining.

Basically I would like some time to sort this out in my mind, because if Jim is town then arguing different worlds could be problematic in a world where we're both town.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 am

In post 928, floo wrote:If HUB + TRQ are experienced townies and they know what they are doing, shouldn't you first examine their arguments and understand them before blindly voting for flow trap?
In post 901, floo wrote:flow naturally plays like this, he hides his motives a lot and even bluffs his reads. It was pointed out in the thread by at least one of me/flow/fairy (forgot exactly).

Following your townreads is an interesting reason, do you still plan to "follow "them?

First, little aside, flow trap kinda emphasized they didn't want "he" right? Sorry they never specified pronoun preference but idk, got the impression "he" was wrong maybe. I feel like I mess up their pronoun a lot anyway (or at least I have to edit my posts a lot to not mess that up)

Anyway I don't really like this argument, the "focus on the SEs" first thing is a little scummy, and just because flow trap 'naturally plays like this' doesn't mean they were therefore readable as town

Still want a readslist from you floo
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1033, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote: Basically I would like some time to sort this out in my mind, because if Jim is town then arguing different worlds could be problematic in a world where we're both town.
i can relate to this!! :dead: It's the same as me and...pretty much everyone loud.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:39 am

god I wish I had time today, I really WANT to engage with you right now to really get a sense of my feeling on your alignment in real time, but this project is kicking my ass and this site is being an active distraction for me right now, I'm sorry I have to hold V/LA and get back to this tomorrow
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1036, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:god I wish I had time today, I really WANT to engage with you right now to really get a sense of my feeling on your alignment in real time, but this project is kicking my ass and this site is being an active distraction for me right now, I'm sorry I have to hold V/LA and get back to this tomorrow
do your project, we can chat tomorrow. i'm gonna go watch a detective show - maybe learn a thing or 2 myself ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:12 am

Post by floo »

In post 981, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:If possible I'd like readslists from Jim, floo, and KT before any claims/hammers. wouldn't mind a fresh one from jessie either
I wanted to question other players and might do so if there is the time. But I cannot guarantee it, considering how quickly flow trap was hammered, KittyTacky may be hammered soon too. I am not interested in hammering KittyTacky yet.

My read list from towniest to scummiest is FBJim -> Battle Mage -> Happy Unbirthday Boon / team rocket queen (haven't looked too much into these two yet) -> KittyTacky -> Vasex. I have explained many of my reads in previous posts, but Vasex is now my number one scumread.
In post 976, Vasex wrote:Floo, claim the role.
Smb, let's hammer floo. Only 2 votes. Go.
In post 977, Vasex wrote:omg let's speedlim floo
In post 978, Vasex wrote:I take the whole responsibility on myself. Floo is scum. Hang him.

Floo, last chance to reveal the role. They will hang you, you know that (Hub, trq).

I go asleep
If HUB/TRQ are town, they may rightfully complain about their names being used to extract a claim. You are exploiting at least one pocketed townie to extract claims from other players. And his literal entire argument is still that I'm inactive. I was done questioning him on real-life yesterday after I had questioned him all game. And he has still not shown any town motive in his answers between a "I was scared but wasn't scared", "I forgot", and "I sheep-voted flow".
In post 994, Vasex wrote:Floo, c'mon, let's hammer Kitty. He is a scum.
Vasex is now trying to get any wagon possible, regardless of how much floo+kitty makes sense. I don't see his push on me as anything other than a blatant opportunistic wagon and PR hunt.

VOTE: Vasex

Also IDK why a town!Vasex hasn't realized that Ydrasse, a flipped town, also didn't post much on D1. She had more posts than me, yes, but many of them were short or were just socializing. At this point the lurk argument is just grasping at straws when he knows I'm town and can't figure out any other reason to vote me.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:21 am

Post by floo »

nevermind about the Ydrasse comment, I got my memory mixed up about this:
In post 780, Vasex wrote:Activity overview:
flow trap 184
Happy Unbirthday Boon 152
team rocket queen 120
Vasex 91
FBJim 62
Ydrasse 46
fairyprincess69 27
KittyTacky 26
Battle Mage 24
floo 16

Sometimes it works
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

the fly in the ointment Floo, is of course that Vasex is not PR fishing. Vasex specifically said you shouldn't claim and declared opposition to a mass-claim. I can buy the argument that Vasex is fairly indiscriminate with wagon choices. But I am a bit surprised you're choosing to cast the only vote for your top suspect when the alternative (joining a big wagon on your 2nd top suspect) seems more attractive.

Perhaps I'm going senile, but why can't I shake the feeling you and Vasex are interacting strangely with each other? Other than that doubt, I'm fairly comfortable with you.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm reading it again, maybe it is less bad than I thought. you're not discounting a vote for Kitty, just not yet.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by floo »

isn't joining the wagon = hammer?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

it is indeed. question: if it was HUB-Kitty, wouldn't HUB's play today be basically throwing the game? I think yes, and then I wonder if that's likely?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

floo - on reflection i don't think your lack of hammer is especially scum indicative, but it is interesting.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by floo »

In post 1043, Battle Mage wrote:it is indeed. question: if it was HUB-Kitty, wouldn't HUB's play today be basically throwing the game? I think yes, and then I wonder if that's likely?
If it's HUB-Kitty, the scumteam is in a very hard position with HUB's play today. HUB hard defending Kitty realistically works if I'm voted today, so I wouldn't say it's gamethrowing. If Kitty flips Mafia today, HUB definitely is suspicious, but we also have to look out for other possible scums. I think a scumpartner of Kitty here would be inclined to bus.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by floo »

In post 1027, Battle Mage wrote:is HUB-Floo still possible? I guess it's only really worth spending lots of time on pairings when we've flipped 1 scum or the pool is smaller.
If you can eliminate pairs until you get only 2-3 possible ones, it'll be worth it. Otherwise it's wiser to hunt for individual scum.

I myself don't think it's possible to eliminate more than a few pairs if any at all today. Take BM + HUB, for example. They're too separate to feel like a likely pair. But they haven't separated enough to be confidently not a pair. fairy opposed the flow wagon on D1 without finding a counterwagon. HUB is pushing BM today, but the latter is not at risk of being eliminated. I think it's something like a 3/4 chance Kitty dies, and after Kitty I'm the next most likely elim. (yeah, honestly Vasex is a vote I want that probably won't happen. But I do think my vote on Vasex can help generate discussion and the like) BM prefers to vote Kitty over HUB. In summary, they in rhetoric oppose each other, but when it comes to voting, they stay out of each other's way or at least vote in a way that isn't a risk to the other.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1012, Vasex wrote:Floo can be a townie for you (you've give him some towncred) and the question about the possible partner of Floo is quite surprising for you. You don't think serious about who can be mafia, do you? Is it not interesting for you? Did you lose your interest to the game? When and why?

I'm not sure maybe I don't want mass claim now
Nice assumptions. Floo
can
be town but he is still leaning scum to me. The hell are you talking about?

The fact I'm not self-hammering here already points to me not being scum.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1024, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1010, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1008, Vasex wrote:You are not trying to find mafia, Kitty. This is mafia thing.
Except I am. I am pushing on a non-claimer. How is that
not
trying to find mafia?
like what does the fact Floo hasn't claimed got to do with it? Is it because yesterday somebody got mis-elimmed for not claiming, and you think you can pull off the same thing here? I don't know why you'd use this terminology if you're town.
Maybe it's a culture thing TBH. Where I'm from (TOS and chat mafia) you claim when pushed hard. FT misplayed there, he waited for a while at E-1. I claimed as soon as I noticed I was on E-1.

Readlist:
BM: Town lean. Active, trying hard to find scum. However he'd lose much of that if floo is hanged.

Vasex: Unsure. On one hand he's active and helpful. On the other hand his pushing on me seems like a scum trying to push a mislynch.

HUB: Slight town lean. Can't explain why. Gut feeling. I could be wrong.

TRQ: Null-ish. Just like... Couldn't really get a read from their posts despite them having substance?

FBJim: Town lean. Also gut feeling.

Floo: Scummy because of not claiming when pushed.

IMO it's someone of Vasex, TRQ, Floo, and HUB.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

If I one of those hammers me they're likely scum.

Cop, if you exist, check Vasex or Floo.