Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 2169, maxwell wrote:
In post 2157, Momrangal wrote:At the same time, I Isoed VPB now and like, with the most recent claim I'm doing a conditional 180 on their slot
What on earth does the claim have to do with Baltar?
The manner of which GC claimed and referred to their crumb possibly revealed more than just their individual claim.

Also, your posts absolutely lack analysis so I'll use IIOA. I'm curio to your reaction to it however.

Pedir: :S
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 2176, Momrangal wrote:
In post 2169, maxwell wrote:
In post 2157, Momrangal wrote:At the same time, I Isoed VPB now and like, with the most recent claim I'm doing a conditional 180 on their slot
What on earth does the claim have to do with Baltar?
The manner of which GC claimed and referred to their crumb possibly revealed more than just their individual claim.

Also, your posts absolutely lack analysis so I'll use IIOA. I'm curio to your reaction to it however.

Pedir: :S
Almost everything I say is solidly based on opinion, the idea that I'm not analyzing the game is horseshit. This looks like a convenient pivot when you saw people were rejecting your push on baltar.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2175, midwaybear wrote:
In post 2173, Momrangal wrote:That's pretty eerie
If I was scum, I would have ignored it.
Idk, youve been very lackluster after entry into the game.

Who are your scum reads again? Maybe just a full reads list from you would be helpful
YOUR AD HERE
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I haven't really been thinking this game in terms of scumreads.
I think I'm townreading you, Mom, and Elements. Honestly, an ungated neighborizer seems a bit strong as a scum role, but I'm not the greatest in balance. I've stopped townreading Andres since his reaction to the claim.
I would vote between maxwell and RLotus at the moment.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Why are you townreading Elements?
YOUR AD HERE
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2179, midwaybear wrote:Honestly, an ungated neighborizer seems a bit strong as a scum role, but I'm not the greatest in balance.
I don't get why that's too strong for a scum role?

Same sentiment at VPB thinking the neighborizer would get shot, not sure why that would happen

---

So I've been getting tag teamed by GC and Datisi today. Who is the one orchestrating that in the pt?

Something to keep in mind is that GC would be locked into claiming neighborizer today since he targeted Datisi already.

I guess I don't get why the claim changes anything right now. Could be either alignment, not an important role.

I agree it's unlikely that the claim is fake
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2162, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2161, Momrangal wrote:I basically don't like how you have so much more to say about a supposed null lean town read than a strong scum read. BUT I caught something early day one and I maybe expecting some results from what I've seen
I mean, reading back over those posts, I can say I was definitely annoyed with the way duchess was playing throughout the game, which came across to me as simultaneously disengaged and hyper aggressive.

As much as I think Dunn could be scum here, he is pretty calm and doesn't aggressively misinterpret game statements.

I also acknowledge your perspective is likely very different since you weren't involved in real time.

Anyhow, just seemed a weird thing to say.
Doesn't your description of my play here sound different from the game where we were scum together?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2181, Dunnstral wrote:Same sentiment at VPB thinking the neighborizer would get shot, not sure why that would happen
Just thinking that if I was scum and GC was town, I certainly wouldn't want him grouping a bunch of townies together in a neighborhood. Suddenly then the uninformed majority becomes much closer to being informed.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2182, Dunnstral wrote:Doesn't your description of my play here sound different from the game where we were scum together?
I will reread that game today if I can and look specifically at your aggression levels.

In the meantime, I'd take your feedback on my wagon analysis posts, sans my review of you I guess.
YOUR AD HERE
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2183, VP Baltar wrote:Suddenly then the uninformed majority becomes much closer to being informed.
That's not how neighborhoods work
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2185, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2183, VP Baltar wrote:Suddenly then the uninformed majority becomes much closer to being informed.
That's not how neighborhoods work
If you know what you're doing and use them to build trust, they do
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:11 am

Post by Datisi »

as someone who had the misfortune of playing scum against pure town hoods twice... that's exactly how they work
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2181, Dunnstral wrote:So I've been getting tag teamed by GC and Datisi today. Who is the one orchestrating that in the pt?
neither of us is orchestrating it, we voted you individually before even mentioning you in the hood.

how's your read on baltar doing? anything else going anywhere?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2181, Dunnstral wrote:I don't get why that's too strong for a scum role?
It seems like an easy pocket. I’m probably overthinking this though.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Datisi »

those quotes don't feel like attacks at all to me, especially compared to when i've actually seen scum!baltar attack someone, but alright.

@momrangal, can you tl;dr me on your reads on dunn, me, and andres?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2165, VP Baltar wrote:BM kind of checks out after that fight and votes elements again two days before deadline before lurking out. BM also had Italiano as "locktown" from super early on.
oh, i actually forgot about this. yeah, this slot is most likely town. i think this was around the time of the first major wagon on italiano, right? while it's theoretically possible that scum!bm decided to dismantle that for reasons, i don't think that's actually very likely. from what i've seen of bm's scumgame, he seemed like a line of least resistance scumplayer, and would probably just let the wagon be.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2191, Datisi wrote:
In post 2165, VP Baltar wrote:BM kind of checks out after that fight and votes elements again two days before deadline before lurking out. BM also had Italiano as "locktown" from super early on.
oh, i actually forgot about this. yeah, this slot is most likely town. i think this was around the time of the first major wagon on italiano, right? while it's theoretically possible that scum!bm decided to dismantle that for reasons, i don't think that's actually very likely. from what i've seen of bm's scumgame, he seemed like a line of least resistance scumplayer, and would probably just let the wagon be.
Yeah, it was the first Italiano wagon. I definitely don't see scum BM making those moves
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Datisi »

yeah, went back to check, there were 3 votes on italiano on the last vc, he did vote dunn who was top wagon to ~make something happen~, but then decided to instead try to shift onto elements, who def wasn't top wagon. then after some chatting, went on to vote midway and argue w rtp. *definitely* doesn't remind of jungle oligarchy.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Datisi, could I get your overall take on the wagon analysis since you poked me about it. Anything that feels like wrong conclusions to you?
YOUR AD HERE
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2188, Datisi wrote:
In post 2181, Dunnstral wrote:So I've been getting tag teamed by GC and Datisi today. Who is the one orchestrating that in the pt?
neither of us is orchestrating it, we voted you individually before even mentioning you in the hood.

I think there has been a miscommunication, I wasn't planning on rereading vp balter
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2194, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi, could I get your overall take on the wagon analysis since you poked me about it. Anything that feels like wrong conclusions to you?
it wasn't as inspiring to me as i had hoped, but let me see.

starting with . i like your first assumption. i think there could be merit in yeeting on-wagon as opposed off-wagon today. while i do think it's a wagon that probably isn't scum-filled, both because of the way it came to be and because we have two flips on it already, it also very very likely wasn't pure. though i'd have to figure out if i have strong enough townreads on-wagon for a PoE that i'd think of being decent. also i was never good at vca so lel.

i already said (or at least implied somewhere, not sure) midway's vote is Not Good, and that he's prob my most likely pick for scum hiding behind loud voices. though reading this, it made me look through his iso, and i'm lowkey surprised how much his ~presence~ fell off after the inital burst.

on cursory glance, lotus still feels... *fine* to me? the townblocc proposed at the end of d1 () is still somewhere around where i'm now, and assuming i'm not utter trash at this game, it feels dangerous to make such a proposal as scum if it's actually winning.

that said, the assumption of me not being utter trash is a dangerous one. probably worth looking back at his interactions with italiano, and especially if we decide to flip dunn today and he's green. huh, andres is getting to me it seems. also would definitely like to see more from him today about Recent Events.

maxwell i think i'm mindmelding on today, mostly about midway and about green's wagon, and he seems pretty genuine. rn i do agree he's the least scummy of the three.

jeez i already got distracted twice while typing this up

. agree on dunn. i decided to compare dunn and green's play around italiano, and yeah, dunn looks way worse. green made an effort to read italiano and elaborated on reasoning, while dunn's still feels like cookie cutter "calls misyeet bait town, doesn't do shit to actually convince anyone" scumpost.

skimming through, posts and from green did worry me at first, because they edge towards scum opportunism towards poor misyeetable italiano. however, thinking about it i actually think they're town indcative. i imagine scum in a similar situation would decide to either shade/attack the misyeet and get on the wagon, or continuously defend it, hope it goes through without them, and reap some townpoints for not being on the wagon. this achieves... neither? green voted max afterwards. *and* a few posts earlier () he mentions how he prefers elements over italiano. those italiano posts feel unnecessary.

andres i'm still struggling on. his early d1 behaviour is still puzzling to me, and i wanna see what he presents going forward, bc i feel like there are some loose ends he hasn't tied up. i also get the feeling i'm falling back into the old trap of "his posts feel iioa-y, he's scum". though i disagree on that post being tmi, for the sole reason that he doesn't use it to push on me today. like he started of the day saying that while he did hate my smugness, it wasn't necessarily scum!indicative. like idunno, if that were scum!andres setting up a push on me on d2, i kinda don't see him... backing down from it like that?

momrangal town, duchess maybe town but where is cookie, etc

elements is... meh. i recall at some point thinking that they were acting anti-survivalistically by not exactly trying to vote their own possible counterwagons, but maybe they didn't need to if their buddies were helping out. idk. i wanna see more of them too, i believe they've been stalling on some reads explanations for like a week now.

tl;dr
on wagon - midway > lotus > max >...> baltar
off wagon - dunn > elements > ?? cookie/andres ?? > green > momrangal

probably 1 scum on wagon but also not feeling confident enough in that theory to start steering there atm. also i get the notion that relying on going back / rereading is gonna be less effective than getting new info.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Datisi »

that's too much time spent to say "ye your posts r good, ppl need talk more, still wanna murder dunn lol"

you think him being ~calm~ is possibly town!indicative?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2195, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2188, Datisi wrote:

I think there has been a miscommunication, I wasn't planning on rereading vp balter
i wasn't implying you were. i wanted to hear if you have any New thoughts on him. or really on anyone.
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Andresvmb »