Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 64, Fizz Raab wrote:Right, but at the same time, it's unfair to vote for someone on day 1 when there's no evidence from games I've seen on here on who's scum and who's not.

again it's not about fairness per-se

it's just something that has to be done

action creates reaction

reaction helps us find bad guys
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

Sorry, but I disagree, voting for someone on day one is clueless and it is better not to vote than voting someone out of random with no reasoning. How is it scum to not vote on day one, especially there's no evidence of who's scum?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Andante »

In post 72, Fizz Raab wrote:Yes, I hear what you're saying, but at the same time, there hasn't been any reason for me to vote on here so far.

In forum maf, it is quite literally just us talking and gathering reads, like I'm leaning Grandpa scum, yet skitter has read the exact same lines as me and finds them towny??

I mean, I know the first posts are quite literally just meme posts, but like, that's why I've been pushing stuff, trying to get this game going
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

There are other days of this game to vote, but not day one, especially when there are other people who haven't voted much less posted at all.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 am

usually how the game works is

9 alive -> 1 elim, 1 nightkill -> 7 alive -> 1 elim, 1 nightkill -> 5 alive -> 1 elim (game is over here if we do not elim any scum). - so we have 3 elims to catch any scum, if we miss on 3 elims we lose the game.

If we instead no elim today,

9 alive -> 0 elim, 1 nightkill -> 8 alive -> 1 elim, 1 nightkill -> 6 alive -> 1 elim(game is over here if we do not elim any scum) - we end up only having 2 elims to catch any scum if we no-elim on the first day.

Hence why elimming is better than not elimming.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Andante »

we have 9 alive, and it becomes a numbers thing and as long as the number is odd we need to send someone out. This is just getting annoying to argue a pointless point which should be obvious to town. I'll be back in a bit, just need to step away
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:24 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 69, Andante wrote:Ok so, post #34 from Grandpa, that isn't striking me as towny. Grandpa really backs off of me "I guess you have a good defense on why you did it" when all I did was quote the 2 entrances and say why I found them scummy.

I literally wasn't trying to defend anything, I was just pointing out why I was sus of them.

Immediately after that in #41 Pooky also mentioned something about that, Pooky is leaning town to me, Fizz and Grandpa are leaning scum. Fizz can not be suggesting a no elim out of a town mindset. Like, what is your plan for these 10 IRL days? not finding maf? like, we're not even guaranteed more info by choosing to no elim.

That was not referring to that. That was referring to the later post when you came out and defended your read on JV and Jizz lol. I thought that was a genuine good defense. I was the first person to townread you off of that.

I think you are still town. Pooky is leaning town for me as well, like I said earlier. skitter is null. I don't really have a confident scumread since I am waiting for the other people (who didn't talk) to actually come out with something and say their line of thoughts. M
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

In post 69, Andante wrote: Fizz can not be suggesting a no elim out of a town mindset. Like, what is your plan for these 10 IRL days? not finding maf? like, we're not even guaranteed more info by choosing to no elim.
The plan is to find scum, but not to vote on day one. How is it logical to randomly vote for someone like George for example who hasn't said anything yet in this game a logical town mindset? No, it's not. Need reasons to vote. I don't have any reads right now on anyone to vote for them. I don't understand why we have to vote for someone on day one, even with the eliminating reasons there.
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

But I guess reading back, shows how absolutely clueless I am on this game with the voting side of things more specifically the first day.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:54 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 82, Fizz Raab wrote:
In post 69, Andante wrote: Fizz can not be suggesting a no elim out of a town mindset. Like, what is your plan for these 10 IRL days? not finding maf? like, we're not even guaranteed more info by choosing to no elim.
The plan is to find scum, but not to vote on day one. How is it logical to randomly vote for someone like George for example who hasn't said anything yet in this game a logical town mindset? No, it's not. Need reasons to vote. I don't have any reads right now on anyone to vote for them. I don't understand why we have to vote for someone on day one, even with the eliminating reasons there.

I get what you are saying....but I don't think you should dwelling or arguing over this because I don't those votes were like 100% serious lmao and you are just digging yourself more of a hole leaning scum. For this interaction, you are either really scum for this because you are getting mad your mafia partner is being voted and you actually 100% defend them there. Or you are really town trying to actually play the game and being annoyed that the fact that there is early game votes. Still though, I don't think we should be dwelling on the voting mechanism right now. We all have a consensus that we are going to vote someone eventually.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:58 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

I will also be stepping away. I have work from 4pm EST to around 10:30 PM EST.

I do have a question for skitter that I never got to ask. Why do you townread me?
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

OK, I see your point, but I'm defending a mafia buddy somehow? Funny when I never interacted with George. Was stating more or less asking why do joke votes on someone who gives out no evidence of being scum. Again, I'm obviously clueless with this game so there we go. I will stay silent for now until I have more to say.
Hand of Glory
Hand of Glory
Townie
Hand of Glory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Hand of Glory »

I'm more wary of people trying to take sides in the skitter/Fizz argument than about skitter/Fizz themselves. I don't think scum would be as stubborn as Fizz about not voting D1; instead, they'd see town-Fizz not budging from a stance that's obviously unpopular with several townies and try to create "reasonable" pushback against it. Someone who's been flagged as townish already by several others (Andante) is getting annoyed by the "pointlessness" and "steps away" -- scum should like softly discouraging someone leaning trustworthy from participating.

skitter meanwhile hasn't pushed Fizz that much over this conflict and seems to be leaving her alone rn, which makes me think skitter is pro-town. Could be anti-town skitter rubbing hands after picking out just the right person to antagonize over this and watching villagers pick up the snowball, since Fizz did announce her stance very early, but skitter put her foot forward first with voting early, she's being consistent.

I'm more curious about VOTE: PookyTheMagicalBear.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:04 am

Fizz,

if everyone like didn't vote and didn't say anything

we would have no information to go off of. We would be kinda blind!

that's not great :(

you have to get involved in the game to have fun :>

what do you think of the people who have spoken so far?

who do you think is more likely town or more likely scum? what are your reasons?

when you write it out, it makes it easier for the town to figure out if you are town or scum based on how the thought process feels.

The game is just for fun! there is nothing to lose if you are wrong :3
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:04 am

In post 87, Hand of Glory wrote:I'm more curious about VOTE: PookyTheMagicalBear.
Hi!

what are you curious about? :]
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

OK I get back on this in a few hours as I got cooking and something else to do, before getting back to all of this.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:05 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I was just heading to sleep for work of course I would be disattached, anyways off to work yay :(
Tactical Lurker
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 50, Cabd wrote:Mod Note: The flavor snippets in orange are actually written by my wife, Penguin_Alien.
ahhhhh ok then @penguin your flavor is great :)
my one question is why the *kids* baking championship, and not just the adult one?

~
In post 64, Fizz Raab wrote:Right, but at the same time, it's unfair to vote for someone on day 1 when there's no evidence from games I've seen on here on who's scum and who's not.
right, but if we don't flip someone, how are we going to catch any scum at all? the only way to get out scum is to use the flip, and if we abstain from doing so today, we just give scum free reign to kill whoever they like, and we're exactly in the same place tomorrow, minus one townie
In post 83, Fizz Raab wrote:But I guess reading back, shows how absolutely clueless I am on this game with the voting side of things more specifically the first day.
right, i think pooky did a good job of explainign why we need to vote someone out - it's kinda too bad to be that person day1, but if we don't, we're never going to be able to catch scum

~

fwiw i think this line of thought is probably +town from fizz
In post 69, Andante wrote:Fizz can not be suggesting a no elim out of a town mindset. Like, what is your plan for these 10 IRL days? not finding maf? like, we're not even guaranteed more info by choosing to no elim.
i mean just because it's anti-town and suboptimal doesn't make it a scummy suggestion - what's pro-scum about it?

~
In post 71, Andante wrote:skitter, what makes grandpa town?
i liked and , 47 in particular -seems like he had some sort of plan/thought process behind his 'reaction test', and that is slightly +town to me
it isn't a strong read, but enough that i wanted to mention it to start a dialogue going

however, i don't really like the following:
In post 84, GrandpaMo wrote:leaning scum. For this interaction, you are either really scum for this because you are getting mad your mafia partner is being voted and you actually 100% defend them there. Or you are really town trying to actually play the game and being annoyed that the fact that there is early game votes.
i dont really like this
i agree that it's super suboptimal for fizz to suggest noflipping but i'm not sure why that's *scummy* of her
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Andante »

In post 87, Hand of Glory wrote:I'm more wary of people trying to take sides in the skitter/Fizz argument than about skitter/Fizz themselves. I don't think scum would be as stubborn as Fizz about not voting D1; instead, they'd see town-Fizz not budging from a stance that's obviously unpopular with several townies and try to create "reasonable" pushback against it. Someone who's been flagged as townish already by several others (Andante) is getting annoyed by the "pointlessness" and "steps away" -- scum should like softly discouraging someone leaning trustworthy from participating.

skitter meanwhile hasn't pushed Fizz that much over this conflict and seems to be leaving her alone rn, which makes me think skitter is pro-town. Could be anti-town skitter rubbing hands after picking out just the right person to antagonize over this and watching villagers pick up the snowball, since Fizz did announce her stance very early, but skitter put her foot forward first with voting early, she's being consistent.

I'm more curious about VOTE: PookyTheMagicalBear.
I don't think anyone took sides in this? I'm a bit confused by what you're saying there, I mean that whole no elim thing was annoying as heck to me, but I don't think maf would be that deadset on wanting no one, the only thing really getting me there is a recent Fizz line " shows how absolutely clueless I am on this game with the voting side of things more specifically the first day." #83 where it's like, was she specifically doing all that for like the "dumbtell" points - not entirely sure what to call it, I don't even think it's a dumbtell, but this line, #83, is making me feel like there was an agenda behind that.

idk, cause I almost feel like town would just acknowledge they don't know what's best, and let it be, instead of saying like 10 times how everyone else isn't making sense?? Not entirely sure what to think, cause I can see both sides to this stance. I need Fizz to make an effort to find maf instead of only going "I don't wanna vote out an innocent" they're definitely just trying to play it safe still, but the game just started so I'm not gonna push that, but Fizz, it would be really nice to see you making an effort here.

I'm confused a bit by what you say though, Fizz/skitter argument? I don't think those 2 even interacted, why is pooky your vote? pooky has contributed a lot so far, so if you're trying to rxn, people like fizz/grandpa would be better, so what are you actually sus about with pooky?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Andante »

" it's kinda too bad to be that person day1, but if we don't, we're never going to be able to catch scum"
I mean, if you're making an effort to find scum day 1 you won't be the vote, so it's alright

skitter, please explain the grandpa townpings you mentioned earlier
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 92, skitter30 wrote:i liked 47 and 51, 47 in particular -seems like he had some sort of plan/thought process behind his 'reaction test', and that is slightly +town to me
it isn't a strong read, but enough that i wanted to mention it to start a dialogue going
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Andante »

oops my bad!! I misinterpreted what you said lol

what are your thoughts on Fizz here with all the no elim talk, then admits to being clueless? like it almost felt like a hostile stance "im right you're wrong" wouldn't town want to back down?? idk, I'm probably over analyzing that lol

At this moment Grandpa is scummiest to me
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: Grandpa Mo
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

i still like fizz, not sure scum fakes this or has this take

i was thinking of switching my vote to grandpa tbh

pedit yeah i'll do that too VOTE: grandpa
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Ahri »

owa owa