Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-4

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

GrandpaMo (2): Andante, skitter30
George Bailey (1): PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): Hand of Glory

Not Voting (5): Fizz Raab, Ahri, GeorgeBailey, JacksonVirgo, GrandpaMo

The deadline for day one is set at (expired on 2021-03-31 00:59:36)

Mod Note: BROWNIES!
Last edited by Cabd on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I think hand of glory is town!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 139, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ahri is clearly the alt of some oldhand shitposter

which is kinda weird cuz how is she even playing in the newbie section? ~.~

could it be the dread [REDACTED] player!?
rude!

I have ONE finished (finished?) game on this site

even had a mod message me about if I was knew and I was like

trick pls

I been knew
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 149, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 147, Hand of Glory wrote:
@Andante

Mafia wouldn't be expecting this to become no-elim, if they had a hand in this. That's not my point. They would have banked on Fizz losing the argument on whether she should D1 vote -- with no support for her, and several townies signaling that she should change this because she's looking anti-town, and Fizz just not budging.

I strongly disagree with you that town Fizz would have given in by now, I'd argue that would have been more suspicious if anything -- she could have gotten some town cred by "reluctantly, but gracefully" being persuaded to join the apparent consensus on what's pro-town. In fact, I think Fizz has signalled strongly pro-town by keeping her stance, even if some more vocal town doesn't appear to support it.
I'm confused a bit by what you say though, Fizz/skitter argument? I don't think those 2 even interacted, why is pooky your vote? pooky has contributed a lot so far, so if you're trying to rxn, people like fizz/grandpa would be better, so what are you actually sus about with pooky?
skitter/Fizz interact in posts #61/#62. skitter tried to nudge Fizz towards voting D1, consistent with her general encouragement. Pretty light push compared to pooky's, but it's there.

I don't think skitter/pooky look very suspicious each by themselves. What gets me suspicious is their so-far complete agreement on what's pro-town/anti-town -- page 1 they bantered a bit about brownies and both voted; they've both tried to push Fizz towards voting D1; they've both agreed on strongly town-reading you. The only disagreement I've noticed between them is about GrandpaMo, where skitter says she has townpings in #60 while pooky noted a scum tell (#41), but now skitter has switched to Mo so it's settled for now.

I can't gauge well if that's because skitter/pooky are town/town trying to link up on common ground, or one is scum trying to cozy up to a townie who's building a pro-town rapport. Between the two, I think probing pooky is the safer bet because skitter had a vote from GrandpaMo iirc. I didn't want to run the risk of a skitter wagon, even though I'm not yet seeing who'd even jump on that atm.

At least one of them IMO is genuine town, and it could also be both. skitter/pooky flipping scum/scum would just be egregious, right with skitter/Fizz on the shoot-the-moon opening scale. I don't think it's that.
In post 89, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Hi!

what are you curious about? :]
What do you think of reading Fizz as obvtown -- does that change any read you have?

Looking back in the earlier votes... I just realized skitter did flip their read on me and eh Idk. You know what I might just open up my poe real quick and add pooky and skitter. I really don't know who is definite scum anymore lmao. I just see skitter/pooky and jackson/fizz. Possible 2 mafia there?
ok good take

I see your 2 2/2s and I raise you

two scum in pooky/hand/fizz/jackson/skitter/grandpa/literally whoever the other two people are in this game idk their names
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 151, skitter30 wrote:I think hand of glory is town!
one post that states the obvious!
with a pepega take to boot!
they're town!
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 140, skitter30 wrote:ahri were any of those takes real?
when did I say they weren't lol?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

this townblock is building itself quite nicely :3
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 156, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this townblock is building itself quite nicely :3
sharing is caring
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:31 pm

but more importantly:

we have a lot of work to do if we are to catch our dread overlord Cabd !
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:33 pm

but more importantly:

we have a lot of work to do if we are to catch our dread overlord Cabd !
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 30, Andante wrote:Jackson/ Fizz though.. their entrances feel a little off, just a gut read though, obv I'll want more content and it's not enough for a vote, but I'm already a tad sus there
Why is an early gutping not worthy of a vote?
In post 37, Andante wrote:Jackson entered saying: Sup batch files, I have returned back to newbie games.

Off the bat, this feels distanced, gives off an "I don't care to find maf" attitude, feels very distanced in a way mafia would be.
First of all, my entrance was on the first page. If you expect me to be all hands on and invested into the game at that point, even if I wasn't going to sleep at that point, that's never happening, period.
In post 39, GrandpaMo wrote:I disagreed because of my personal gameplay and how I usually try to decipher mafia and etc. I guess you have a good defense on why you did it and etc.
The bunch of 'and etc' seems off, the only way I can explain this would be that it's trying to feel more contentful than it is at face value.
In post 46, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: are you partnered with JV? :O
:sweats:
In post 64, Fizz Raab wrote:Right, but at the same time, it's unfair to vote for someone on day 1 when there's no evidence from games I've seen on here on who's scum and who's not.
Oh god, you're not advocating a no-elim are you?
In post 76, Fizz Raab wrote:Sorry, but I disagree, voting for someone on day one is clueless and it is better not to vote than voting someone out of random with no reasoning. How is it scum to not vote on day one, especially there's no evidence of who's scum?
Games like this one, where there's little town power (relatively) it's better to be proactive as scum and force scum to be reactive than vice versa.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 39, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 37, Andante wrote:2 of yall find it weird to get a gut feeling off of entrances?

Jackson entered saying: Sup batch files, I have returned back to newbie games.

Off the bat, this feels distanced, gives off an "I don't care to find maf" attitude, feels very distanced in a way mafia would be.

Fizz's: Interesting choice of a mafia theme. Glad to be here, learning how to play mafia, along with getting to know you guys and girls too.

This also feels like something maf would say. maf likes to use a lot of words to effectively say nothing but make it look like it matters. "Interesting choice of theme" cause there was talk of the flavor. The rest isn't exactly bad, but the tone of it feels weird.

Then you follow that up with going: Interesting to base off entrances of the introduction on being a little off, not that it has anything to do with the game of course.

Are you trying to say that entrances give nothing? To a mafia entrances are huge. It's their first chance to towntell, first impression, they either completely joke around, or try to act mega serious off their first post. I told you I don't have a die hard scumread right now, but that's my initial impression, I'm letting you know, and seeing how you handle the pressure of me being sus of yall

I never had a problem with your initial impression. In fact I agreed with you on Jackson's first line of thought. I just never pay attention to the beginning until maybe later on; I disagreed because of my personal gameplay and how I usually try to decipher mafia and etc. I guess you have a good defense on why you did it and etc.
Did not mean to submit that one
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 97, Andante wrote:VOTE: Grandpa Mo
In post 98, skitter30 wrote:i still like fizz, not sure scum fakes this or has this take

i was thinking of switching my vote to grandpa tbh

pedit yeah i'll do that too VOTE: grandpa
I'm swinging this way as well at this point
In post 125, Ahri wrote:
In post 17, JacksonVirgo wrote:Sup batch files, I have returned back to newbie games.
pepega SE
Mood
In post 135, Ahri wrote:admiration / thanks will be collected in the form of PayPal

thank you!!
Sure! I'll send it to you, just need your account username and password :D
In post 148, GrandpaMo wrote:s of now, Jackson keeps finding a way to coast which is kinda lame because I really want to hear from them so I can perceptualize an actual read on them
You can't actually have this pop into your head, after I've literally explained I was going to work and that I was going to sleep FOR work the night earlier. Your entire perspective is broken

VOTE: GrandpaMo
Tactical Lurker
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 162, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 97, Andante wrote:VOTE: Grandpa Mo
In post 98, skitter30 wrote:i still like fizz, not sure scum fakes this or has this take

i was thinking of switching my vote to grandpa tbh

pedit yeah i'll do that too VOTE: grandpa
I'm swinging this way as well at this point
In post 125, Ahri wrote:
In post 17, JacksonVirgo wrote:Sup batch files, I have returned back to newbie games.
pepega SE
Mood
In post 135, Ahri wrote:admiration / thanks will be collected in the form of PayPal

thank you!!
Sure! I'll send it to you, just need your account username and password :D
In post 148, GrandpaMo wrote:s of now, Jackson keeps finding a way to coast which is kinda lame because I really want to hear from them so I can perceptualize an actual read on them
You can't actually have this pop into your head, after I've literally explained I was going to work and that I was going to sleep FOR work the night earlier. Your entire perspective is broken

VOTE: GrandpaMo
Sad thing is that I never scumread you because you were coasting lmao. I said you kept having excuses (which were genuine) and you had to coast intentional or not intentional. I feel like this is a mafia BW. I am waiting for other takes from other people, to really look at more pairings and interactions with you because you did actually come out with info now.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:00 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

Can you and pooky also give a good reason why you scumread me? Because I feel like Andante was the only one who had a logical reason in the beginning, I don't know if they have been opened to find a pair with me if they do assume I am a mafia. But, can you?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:02 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

Another thing... No one answered my question which I geninuly am curious to know as it will make much more sense on pairings and stuff.

How many mafia are usually in a 9 player setup?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:05 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 165, GrandpaMo wrote:Another thing... No one answered my question which I geninuly am curious to know as it will make much more sense on pairings and stuff.

Check the OP, the game setup is there. It's a 2v7 game (2 mafia, 7 town). A random spot on the bottom three columns are selected, those are the Town PR roles (all other roles are going to be Vanilla Townies) and the Mafia will have the roles at the top of that specific column.

If I butchered this explanation let me know
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:06 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 163, GrandpaMo wrote:Sad thing is that I never scumread you because you were coasting lmao. I said you kept having excuses (which were genuine) and you had to coast intentional or not intentional. I feel like this is a mafia BW. I am waiting for other takes from other people, to really look at more pairings and interactions with you because you did actually come out with info now.
Did I say that you were scum-reading me for me coasting? No, I didn't. I am saying your perspective is not one that aligns with what I would consider a town mindset.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 164, GrandpaMo wrote:Can you and pooky also give a good reason why you scumread me? Because I feel like Andante was the only one who had a logical reason in the beginning, I don't know if they have been opened to find a pair with me if they do assume I am a mafia. But, can you?
I've given one, rather blatantly if I do say so myself.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 167, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 163, GrandpaMo wrote:Sad thing is that I never scumread you because you were coasting lmao. I said you kept having excuses (which were genuine) and you had to coast intentional or not intentional. I feel like this is a mafia BW. I am waiting for other takes from other people, to really look at more pairings and interactions with you because you did actually come out with info now.
Did I say that you were scum-reading me for me coasting? No, I didn't. I am saying your perspective is not one that aligns with what I would consider a town mindset.
Also the typical scum-tell of the 'lmao' has emerged.
Tactical Lurker
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 153, Ahri wrote:
In post 149, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 147, Hand of Glory wrote:
@Andante

Mafia wouldn't be expecting this to become no-elim, if they had a hand in this. That's not my point. They would have banked on Fizz losing the argument on whether she should D1 vote -- with no support for her, and several townies signaling that she should change this because she's looking anti-town, and Fizz just not budging.

I strongly disagree with you that town Fizz would have given in by now, I'd argue that would have been more suspicious if anything -- she could have gotten some town cred by "reluctantly, but gracefully" being persuaded to join the apparent consensus on what's pro-town. In fact, I think Fizz has signalled strongly pro-town by keeping her stance, even if some more vocal town doesn't appear to support it.
I'm confused a bit by what you say though, Fizz/skitter argument? I don't think those 2 even interacted, why is pooky your vote? pooky has contributed a lot so far, so if you're trying to rxn, people like fizz/grandpa would be better, so what are you actually sus about with pooky?
skitter/Fizz interact in posts #61/#62. skitter tried to nudge Fizz towards voting D1, consistent with her general encouragement. Pretty light push compared to pooky's, but it's there.

I don't think skitter/pooky look very suspicious each by themselves. What gets me suspicious is their so-far complete agreement on what's pro-town/anti-town -- page 1 they bantered a bit about brownies and both voted; they've both tried to push Fizz towards voting D1; they've both agreed on strongly town-reading you. The only disagreement I've noticed between them is about GrandpaMo, where skitter says she has townpings in #60 while pooky noted a scum tell (#41), but now skitter has switched to Mo so it's settled for now.

I can't gauge well if that's because skitter/pooky are town/town trying to link up on common ground, or one is scum trying to cozy up to a townie who's building a pro-town rapport. Between the two, I think probing pooky is the safer bet because skitter had a vote from GrandpaMo iirc. I didn't want to run the risk of a skitter wagon, even though I'm not yet seeing who'd even jump on that atm.

At least one of them IMO is genuine town, and it could also be both. skitter/pooky flipping scum/scum would just be egregious, right with skitter/Fizz on the shoot-the-moon opening scale. I don't think it's that.
In post 89, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Hi!

what are you curious about? :]
What do you think of reading Fizz as obvtown -- does that change any read you have?

Looking back in the earlier votes... I just realized skitter did flip their read on me and eh Idk. You know what I might just open up my poe real quick and add pooky and skitter. I really don't know who is definite scum anymore lmao. I just see skitter/pooky and jackson/fizz. Possible 2 mafia there?
ok good take

I see your 2 2/2s and I raise you

two scum in pooky/hand/fizz/jackson/skitter/grandpa/literally whoever the other two people are in this game idk their names
Well it seems that I might be the vote for this day? If I am. Please use my legacy reads :o I am usually right in my pairings. Honestly, imagine if Andante was right day 1 on how their gutping was just the weird impression they got off fizz and jv. That will be funny.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 166, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 165, GrandpaMo wrote:Another thing... No one answered my question which I geninuly am curious to know as it will make much more sense on pairings and stuff.

Check the OP, the game setup is there. It's a 2v7 game (2 mafia, 7 town). A random spot on the bottom three columns are selected, those are the Town PR roles (all other roles are going to be Vanilla Townies) and the Mafia will have the roles at the top of that specific column.

Oh well that changes my perspective on something.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I also have slight suspicion this is abusing LAMIST though that may also be confirmation bias so I am not gonna case it just yet
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 171, GrandpaMo wrote:

Oh well that changes my perspective on something.
Okay cool. And?
Tactical Lurker
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:11 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 169, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 167, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Also the typical scum-tell of the 'lmao' has emerged.

Now I just feel like you are over reaching. I always say lmao,
lmao