Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 224, Ahri wrote:
In post 222, Andante wrote:lol just realized grandpa was up to 3 votes lmaoooo yeah I'm gonna catch up then figure out who's good to elim here, cause as of #147 I SR Ahri a lot more than grandpa
bad reads are bad

lmaooo tell me what I should TR from you before post #147 then, if you wanna say my reads are bad, also you mentioned something about at the 500 post mark, please don't purposely spam this thread... otherwise I literally don't care what you claim, I'll vote you out
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 205, GrandpaMo wrote:This is my first forum game lmao. I have played mafia in other communities though as I said previously. This proves that you are taking what I say out of context.
I am just asking as I originally thought you may be an alt, you're the one reaching now.
In post 205, GrandpaMo wrote:Back to the mindset thing. I never have lied anything about you, didn't even scum read you nor really focus on you. Just like how I questioned GeorgeBailey's presence, I questioned yours as Andante has said something about your entrance. I followed up with "yea I can see how that can be weird" then proceed to say that I want to hear from you (which I expected for you to do once you get back from whatever doing).
No, my main point was that you were purposefully omitting information to make me look as bad as possible, of which you've confirmed yourself with your wording. Unless you act deceptive as town, you're simply not. Simple as that. Also you lied by saying I keep making excuses, when I made one which, again, you decide to omit the fact I was at work and decide to shade me.
In post 205, GrandpaMo wrote:Coasting never aligns with me being manipulative. Not in any way I have tried to be manipulative. I was just game solving from a town mindset and actively searching for different reads because at that time, I did NOT have a distinct scum read and wanted to hear from you and your reaction to Andante and me hence, why I said the thing I said.
You're using my own words as a reverse-attack here, it does not matter if you said you had a SR on me or not, you WERE shading me by omitting stuff how hard is this to understand.
In post 205, GrandpaMo wrote:You are also hypocritical to the fact that you as well never answered my question in post 187.
Don't remember this, I'll check back.
In post 187, GrandpaMo wrote:Because were you or were you not?? Did you or did you not leave? Yes you did. Hence I said what I said.
This question? Are you serious? You're taking low blows in hopes to up your defence when it's not. To answer the seeming rhetorical question; I did leave, I was at work like I said. Does that mean you can scummily shade me and manipulate the given state and get away with it? Definitely not.

And by manipulate the state, like I've said a thousand times at this point. You specifically choose to omit that fact I was at work, and say I was coasting. You also blatantly exaggerate it to make it seem like I am constantly trying to not post, when it was page 6. Adding to the fact that you were sapping off the fact I was a LHF at the time in hopes to make me look bad.
In post 205, GrandpaMo wrote:where you have gotten overdefensive on something such as me calling you out as coasting.
As I said, I am not happy that you just put me in a bad light and I am not accepting the fact that a Town would do that willingly, which again I have proven that it WAS willing.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 209, Fizz Raab wrote:The thing is though is you're continuously spamming this thread, not really allowing people to have their say on the reads they are getting
I don't think this is AI, and I also don't think they're not allowing people to say their reads at all. But even so Town can be toxic like that as well, sometimes it's a personality thing
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 212, GrandpaMo wrote:Thank you. I just needed from this day so far not actual like gamesolve reads. I will give you a townread for compliance, no reason to hide info as town...
Are you trying to pocket them into flipping their reads?
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I have a surface level TR on skitz mainly because their entrance felt ballsy in a sense scum wouldn't try. Also the fact they don't have an issue with switching reads, scum tend to stick to it as to not feel opportunistic.
Tactical Lurker
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 223, GeorgeBailey wrote:Uh, sorry for the late entrance, real life is a thing sometimes.
In post 31, Fizz Raab wrote:I say give George a chance as he may live in a different time zone from us. I personally wouldn't vote for anyone on the first day.
I love this post and everything about this post. You are town.
I like the happy vibes of this post :3

VOTE: noone

it is time for yet another video of deliciousness.

This time it is from a little Donut Shop in Brooklyn <3

Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

I dont townread andante as much as in ffery's newbie
Could be like i'll get a bettwr read when they have time to play more, but this is how i view it rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

Hi george!!!!!

And: mmmmmmmm donuts
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 229, JacksonVirgo wrote:I have a surface level TR on skitz mainly because their entrance felt ballsy in a sense scum wouldn't try. Also the fact they don't have an issue with switching reads, scum tend to stick to it as to not feel opportunistic.
Oh? How was it ballsy?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 225, Andante wrote:
In post 224, Ahri wrote:
In post 222, Andante wrote:lol just realized grandpa was up to 3 votes lmaoooo yeah I'm gonna catch up then figure out who's good to elim here, cause as of #147 I SR Ahri a lot more than grandpa
bad reads are bad

lmaooo tell me what I should TR from you before post #147 then, if you wanna say my reads are bad, also you mentioned something about at the 500 post mark, please don't purposely spam this thread... otherwise I literally don't care what you claim, I'll vote you out
you and what army
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Andante »

In post 231, skitter30 wrote:I dont townread andante as much as in ffery's newbie
Could be like i'll get a bettwr read when they have time to play more, but this is how i view it rn

haha I know, I'm struggling to get to where I was in 2057, but also, that game, I entered end of d2, had lots of content, skipped yall's meme phase. I can't read any of Hand's posts, they're written in this analytical way, makes them so hard to read.

I'm here now though, about to catch up, but like, last night I was reading though all this baking talk, none of which is really relevant, Ahri spamming... yeah this combo of players is just way harder for me. Hopefully I find something
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Andante »

My response to #160 -

I'm not really used to insta voting, thus I'm not quick to vote reads without some level of confidence, as I'd rather not elim town, and I do want to be confident my fos is going to flip scum.

No, I didn't expect gamesolving from your first post lmao, I was just trying to move the game somewhere and get people talking.

~~~

Now, I feel like Jackson's vote is weird, like the timing/reasoning of it, I briefly skimmed the Grandpa V JV thing, I'll go back in a sec, but Jackson's "reason" feels weird, like maf jumping in with 2 town voting...

I hated all Ahri's lines around this. I'm not TRing Ahri.. they're literally just sitting here meming/spam posting
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Andante »

#165- I hate how GM is asking how many scum there are. Like, I had this exact question last game, but as TOWN, you'd read the setup, so you know how many maf you're trying to find, what the possible PRs are... I had the question, but never actually asked it last game, cause it's easy to find the answer... feels exactly like maf asking pointless questions, cause if you ask a question, you should be trying to go a direction with it.

#169 - JV's entire "read" om GM... it all feels to me like it's part of this agenda to join me and skitter's vote.. convince 2 more to vote out GM. JV literally SRs GM for saying "lmao" like, come on... it feels like this is either town conf biassing GM as maf, or maf pushing for whatever.

I hate the entire JV/GM convo. JV's push doesn't feel genuine at all, yet it looks like skitter feels the opposite of me on this
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Andante »

Ok, I've read enough, I wanna get Ahri here, not even taking this seriously, has yet to out a genuine read, ignored the whole JV/GM stuff, like I'm not seeing any genuine effort to scumhunt coming from Ahri. And all of Ahri's posts just read as them taking this game as a joke

VOTE: Ahri
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Andante »

In post 185, GrandpaMo wrote:Once I die and flip town... I hope town realizes there was a scum in this interaction and it wasn't me but you. I am still openminded to other people especially in the POE I had which was Jackson/Fizz Skitter/Pooky. I really want to say there is two mafia there. It depends on who flips town or scum. I am also null on Ahri as well. By the way, what happened GeorgeBailey?

So, my read with Grandpa, I'm not 100% sure here, but I'm 100% confident, if Grandpa town, JV maf. I'm just not entirely sure I tr Grandpa. I'm just ready to send Ahri out, let maf elim 1, give us less people to read in lol
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Andante »

I'm hesitant to out my exact read on Pooky, but don't worry, I'm not ignoring him, I just have a very strong read that I'm not sure I want to out yet.

A quick run down of where my head is.

Andante - Town
Grandpa - Initial scum lean, but how Jackson jumped on the Grandpa fos is messing with my head, so I'm not too sure here right now.
Fizz - I'm not entirely sure right now, you had a line I kinda liked, my entrance read on you was real though, felt like maf.
Hand - I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
Ahri - Scum, unless Ahri decides to make an effort to try, they are either scum, or town playing towards scum alignment
Skitter - Scum lean maybe.. very slight lean - your reads this game are like complete opposite of mine, which feels weird, you TRed grandpa, then flipped when I called Grandpa maf, so it's like, idkk, could definitely still be town though!! I know I'll have a solid read on you later, you're not today's elim. I also have a reason I tr you.
Pooky - I will not out my stance on you yet. I'm 100% confident, but me outing this info right now is not helpful to town. You're also not going out the door today.
George - I have 0 read off the top of my head, I can't recall your lines.
Jackson - You got a little defensive over my entrance thing to direct the game somewhere, it wasn't even a legit push sooo. I hate the grandpa read from you lmao, I want your interactions with others.

TLDR- I'm just ready to end today with an Ahri vote
Hand of Glory
Hand of Glory
Townie
Hand of Glory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Hand of Glory »

In post 16, GrandpaMo wrote:Ayee first time playing forum mafia. By the way, don't mnd my PFP, it will get changed ASAP!
But... the future refused to change.

My current reads are Fizz as town; 0-1 scum between skitter/pooky; you've been anti-town; rest unclear.

If skitter is scum, you're looking much more like a misguided townie to me, but you've still been having anti-town effects in my view. You told Fizz "you're sheep, not the shepherd" -- but I think you're not picking up on town signals that, if you're town, you're probably not going to be "the shepherd" right now, either, act as though you could be, and should take it back a notch. Some of these could (IMO: almost surely will) be scum influencing you, but there's been too many for them all to be scum.

If it's pooky or neither that's scum, I don't give you good odds of a town read from me.

@Andante
I fell so far behind, and I'm too tired to catch up right now, Hand's post at 147, I was trying to process it, but Hand's posts are just written in a way they take a lot out of me to try and comprehend what they're saying, I'll probably just end up ISOing Hand later
I can't read any of Hand's posts, they're written in this analytical way, makes them so hard to read.
I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
You appear to judge writing styles notably often. Jackson and Fizz for their intros (#4 in your iso), Ahri generally, and now me. I was going to let it slide initially, when you were being more lenient, but you can't declare you're "can't read any" of someone's posts as town -- unless you already think it's not worth the effort, and that amounts to you calling quite strongly anti-town on me, even if AI. Which I obviously don't like. It's not the first time someone has said something like this about me, I assure you.

Or would you want me to treat you likewise -- I find your posts hard to read, in turn.

I'll give you something which I believe could convince you that I do pay attention to people's reads and interactions:

VOTE: skitter30
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:23 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 240, Andante wrote:I'm hesitant to out my exact read on Pooky, but don't worry, I'm not ignoring him, I just have a very strong read that I'm not sure I want to out yet.

Andante - Town
Grandpa - Initial scum lean, but how Jackson jumped on the Grandpa fos is messing with my head, so I'm not too sure here right now.
Fizz - I'm not entirely sure right now, you had a line I kinda liked, my entrance read on you was real though, felt like maf.
Hand - I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
Ahri - Scum, unless Ahri decides to make an effort to try, they are either scum, or town playing towards scum alignment
Skitter - Scum lean maybe.. very slight lean - your reads this game are like complete opposite of mine, which feels weird, you TRed grandpa, then flipped when I called Grandpa maf, so it's like, idkk, could definitely still be town though!! I know I'll have a solid read on you later, you're not today's elim. I also have a reason I tr you.
Pooky - I will not out my stance on you yet. I'm 100% confident, but me outing this info right now is not helpful to town. You're also not going out the door today.
Jackson - You got a little defensive over my entrance thing to direct the game somewhere, it wasn't even a legit push sooo. I hate the grandpa read from you lmao, I want your interactions with others.

I really like this. More reason to town read you in my opinion. And yes I did question how many scum because this is my first time playing forum mafia and I was confused on where the setup was. I lowkey even thought this was going to be a regular opened setup and not actually closed. I now know there is always 2 mafia in the 9player newbie games. (I am not using the "I am new card" trust me, I know that can be a pain but I am willing to contribute and give other reads.)

Onto more clarification of my reads: I still scumread JV, and it isn't even the fact of what we were going about (I mean yea I obviously scumread them at that time) but there is even more; just lack of deep reasoning and logic given by other people here on our specific interaction. This means really giving just giving no reads or any clarity on reads just based on this specific interaction. For example as Andante said, Ahri didn't give any reads on it besides sheeping of what pooky said on how JV seemed more towny in the interaction. Like why? Give me a good reason on why JV seemed more towny that makes me want to trust your judgment? As town, I want to know why you townread other people (I am not even being biased as you know I have townread two people who scumread me in the beginning, I currently still townread Andante). Give me then just "Oh they are towny". That lack of interest of defense or even just looking at it and giving reasoning and logic, just makes JV more scum imo. If I am assuming JV is scum, then their most likely partner is Pooky here. If pooky flips town, then it is Skitter. If JV flips town, then it is Fizz. I don't know if that is good logic, but based on what I have seen and the interactions I have witnessed that is the most likely scenario here. But I doubt JV flips town here.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:27 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 241, Hand of Glory wrote:
In post 16, GrandpaMo wrote:Ayee first time playing forum mafia. By the way, don't mnd my PFP, it will get changed ASAP!

My current reads are Fizz as town; 0-1 scum between skitter/pooky; you've been anti-town; rest unclear.

If skitter is scum, you're looking much more like a misguided townie to me, but you've still been having anti-town effects in my view. You told Fizz "you're sheep, not the shepherd" -- but I think you're not picking up on town signals that, if you're town, you're probably not going to be "the shepherd" right now, either, act as though you could be, and should take it back a notch. Some of these could (IMO: almost surely will) be scum influencing you, but there's been too many for them all to be scum.

If it's pooky or neither that's scum, I don't give you good odds of a town read from me.

@Andante
I fell so far behind, and I'm too tired to catch up right now, Hand's post at 147, I was trying to process it, but Hand's posts are just written in a way they take a lot out of me to try and comprehend what they're saying, I'll probably just end up ISOing Hand later
I can't read any of Hand's posts, they're written in this analytical way, makes them so hard to read.
I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
You appear to judge writing styles notably often. Jackson and Fizz for their intros (#4 in your iso), Ahri generally, and now me. I was going to let it slide initially, when you were being more lenient, but you can't declare you're "can't read any" of someone's posts as town -- unless you already think it's not worth the effort, and that amounts to you calling quite strongly anti-town on me, even if AI. Which I obviously don't like. It's not the first time someone has said something like this about me, I assure you.

Or would you want me to treat you likewise -- I find your posts hard to read, in turn.

I'll give you something which I believe could convince you that I do pay attention to people's reads and interactions:

I think you and Andante are town on town.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:28 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 235, Andante wrote:
In post 231, skitter30 wrote:I dont townread andante as much as in ffery's newbie

haha I know, I'm struggling to get to where I was in 2057, but also, that game, I entered end of d2, had lots of content, skipped yall's meme phase. I can't read any of Hand's posts, they're written in this analytical way, makes them so hard to read.

I'm here now though, about to catch up, but like, last night I was reading though all this baking talk, none of which is really relevant, Ahri spamming... yeah this combo of players is just way harder for me. Hopefully I find something

I feel like HoG's Contribution's were fine to me. Nothing really to skip over.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:30 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 243, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 241, Hand of Glory wrote:

@Andante

I think you and Andante are town on town.
Wait that's misleading. I apologize. I didn't mean "town on town" specifically as in a scum reading context but that you both are just town (no reason to scumread) noting each other's actions.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Andante »

I mean, Hand, I really don't care if you don't read a word I say, I understand writing styles are all different, but please tell me where Ahri has even TRIED to do one towny thing. After the spam of town/pepe stuff she was like "yeah I was meme'ing" like. ahri isn't even playing
Hand of Glory
Hand of Glory
Townie
Hand of Glory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Hand of Glory »

I think Ahri is going for the magical 8-ball approach where you shake her and a pseudo-random result falls out, but it's designed to crumb as a whole when you iso read her. My guess for the message is "hey town, don't get pocketed here" -- such as in "skitter, how do you feel about [...] being put in the same boat as me", and then "you and what army" at you, and calling "newbie" rather than town/scum on Mo. If that's what she's doing, it's a null tell as such, but situationally moves towards town or scum depending on how serious you think the danger really is.

If nothing else, you and she seem to agree on how I have "weird takes", though she also reads me "seems town" in that post (and said skitter was "stating the obvious" by townreading me; I suspect Ahri was suggesting it's actually not obvious at all)

I don't see why you as town wouldn't care if I read your posts, unless you think I'm anti-town. I think you're clearly not null on me.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 240, Andante wrote:I'm hesitant to out my exact read on Pooky, but don't worry, I'm not ignoring him, I just have a very strong read that I'm not sure I want to out yet.

Andante - Town

so the read on me is solely off the basis of non-contribution and not actual scumreading, good 2 know
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 247, Hand of Glory wrote:I think Ahri is going for the magical 8-ball approach where you shake her and a pseudo-random result falls out, but it's designed to crumb as a whole when you iso read her. My guess for the message is "hey town, don't get pocketed here" -- such as in "skitter, how do you feel about [...] being put in the same boat as me", and then "you and what army" at you, and calling "newbie" rather than town/scum on Mo. If that's what she's doing, it's a null tell as such, but situationally moves towards town or scum depending on how serious you think the danger really is.

If nothing else, you and she seem to agree on how I have "weird takes", though she also reads me "seems town" in that post (and said skitter was "stating the obvious" by townreading me; I suspect Ahri was suggesting it's actually not obvious at all)

I don't see why you as town wouldn't care if I read your posts, unless you think I'm anti-town. I think you're clearly not null on me.
1) magic 8-ball
2) i haven't been randomly giving reads but rather quoting various posts and marking them as town/maf zzz