Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Put me in the game pooky.
Im a dog that quacks
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 522, WhemeStar wrote:effort =/ town

effort definitely equals town when this game is dead af.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

wow
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 520, Andante wrote:lmaooo ready for my unpopular take which I'm pretty certain on. Wheme is maf, like, sure get me today, get Wheme tomorrow and final is in skitter/Jackson. I'm not saying this just cause like "omg they're voting me" no it's like, a pretty dead certain read. Wheme feels identical to 2057, and skitter is very different.
I THINK my town game and scum game are kind of similar but who knows I can't really self meta.
REGARDLESS of that I just replaced in and haev like 3 posts and im not caught up. do you expect to know how I have been playing this game?
Im a dog that quacks
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 526, Andante wrote:

how do you feel about pooky? do you think pooky is more sus than JV?
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 528, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 520, Andante wrote:lmaooo ready for my unpopular take which I'm pretty certain on. Wheme is maf, like, sure get me today, get Wheme tomorrow and final is in skitter/Jackson. I'm not saying this just cause like "omg they're voting me" no it's like, a pretty dead certain read. Wheme feels identical to 2057, and skitter is very different.
I THINK my town game and scum game are kind of similar but who knows I can't really self meta.
REGARDLESS of that I just replaced in and haev like 3 posts and im not caught up. do you expect to know how I have been playing this game?

if you haven't been caught up then I want you to. You shouldn't already be making finalized reads and be voting someone (unless your rxn testing / pressuring) that early especially when you said your self you haven't gotten caught up yet. I still want to hear about how you feel about the JV/ Gpa Interaction. As well as skitter/pooky. Also HoG as well. And most importantly, the spot you are in. Think of it as a 3rd perspective . I do NOT like how you just jumped in to the wagon of Andante that quick especially considering you didn't focus on to anyone other than andante. Just felt like you
tried
to find a way to sus andante and not actually look over. Give me your full reads on everyone else too bud. And take your time with them too, we still have a couple of days I believe.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

I may or may not be missing something, especially considering 2 of you have played with Andante before, so I do not really know if this is how he plays as scum or is playing differently than that game. If anyone give me a TLDR of what Andante did that game that was towny contrasting to this game? Because I feel like Andante is annoyed town imo to the fact that someone coasting / memish is gaining no attraction (from his POV obviously)

I am also not a fan of meta reading even though I am guilty of it as well. But I usually don't result that as to my number one scumcase on them. I see how they are playing and what pushes they have made, and certaintly as JV says, "the mindset" kek.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 530, GrandpaMo wrote:

if you haven't been caught up then I want you to. You shouldn't already be making finalized reads and be voting someone (unless your rxn testing / pressuring) that early especially when you said your self you haven't gotten caught up yet. I still want to hear about how you feel about the JV/ Gpa Interaction. As well as skitter/pooky. Also HoG as well. And most importantly, the spot you are in. Think of it as a 3rd perspective . I do NOT like how you just jumped in to the wagon of Andante that quick especially considering you didn't focus on to anyone other than andante. Just felt like you
tried
to find a way to sus andante and not actually look over. Give me your full reads on everyone else too bud. And take your time with them too, we still have a couple of days I believe.
That's why I haven't voted yet.

I thikn the JV push was weird. I don't really scumread you. It felt like a dumb 1v1 to me.
Im a dog that quacks
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 532, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 530, GrandpaMo wrote:

tried
That's why I haven't voted yet.

I thikn the JV push was weird. I don't really scumread you. It felt like a dumb 1v1 to me.
idk it just seemed like u were finalized. and okay thank you, tell me bout othersss pwease;(
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 438, skitter30 wrote:
In post 417, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 416, JacksonVirgo wrote:Do you remember that old PYP game where I was tracker(I think). Were you town in that game.
To add to this. I had no idea how the setup worked at all, but I was the #1 in the draft.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=83030

This one? Was town!
Just realised I skimmed this before while at work and forgot to come back to this. The original quote you said "Why am I town?" and that gave me instant flashbacks to that PYP game, and I am not entirely sure if it's something that's NAI or something I should be following up but I do think that makes my TR on you stronger.

Is that something that you would say as scum?
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 459, Fizz Raab wrote:Grandpa being a lot more calmer with his gameplay
Thanks for this fam, I now has a question for Grandpamo.
Is there a reason you now have a complete tonal shift?
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Whoops I was gonna have that on a wallpost. Pretend that was after this

--
In post 456, Andante wrote:I said I wanted more time with yall, let more flips/whatnot happen, cause I have reasons I TR you both
Is this both me and grandpamo or speaking of other people?
In post 456, Andante wrote:, pooky is def a pr/maf skitter feels off
Why are you even PR hunting? Stop right now
In post 456, Andante wrote:I have a reason to tr you and jackson
Ignore top question
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Grandpa, do a quick solid for me.

Where do I stand in your reads. You keep saying I have gotten townier etc etc but then you still SR me but less than Pooky yes?
Tactical Lurker
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:14 pm

Show

-Norwee

~Maple
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Replying to Andante's wallpost in . My responses in
Bolded Red

Spoiler:
In post 487, Andante wrote:sorry this is so long...

JacksonVirgo: 43 ISO posts, LOTS of quotes and responding to quotes.
Is this a problem? You're making it out that it is

2 people vote Grandpa, and Jackson goes “I’m swinging this way as well at this point” - #162 with no interactions directed at Grandpa before that, then in #162 Jackson votes Grandpa after yelling that they were gonna sleep/go to work?? I do believe Jackson was genuinely mad, but like, it’s weird. #167 Jackson says “I am saying your perspective is not one that aligns with what I would consider a town mindset.” But all Jackson has really SAID about/to grandpa was explained the setup, and got mad at GM cause Jackson said they were gonna go to bed/work, yet assumes they have to stick around and talk to GM??
You are aware you can just walk away and resume whenever right??

Depending on how busy my life is at the time, I sometimes can't get super into a game until later which leads to me reading but not posting, which happened until Grandpa heavy-duty caught my radar. You're also taking my words out of context here. Grandpa was omitting information that was making me look bad, of which I wasn't going to accept so of course I attacked back. I explained many times about the mindset thing so why are you choosing to ignore that. I do not like leaving stones unturned when I play, get used to my playstyle or yeet me.

~~ I see why yall wanted me to react to this exchange earlier lmao ~~
Just reading this, Jackson feels mad/annoyed at GM for the questions. GM asked for a reason for a read, and in #168 you go “I’ve given one, rather blatantly if I do say so myself” then in #169 JV scumreads GM for saying lmao.
Like, I could see this as town conf biased Grandpa is scum, but it really feels like JV has just decided to tunnel GM.
In #179, I find this really interesting, JV calls GM manipulative, then talks about GM sheeping another’s read without adding to it, then picking info to make JV look bad. I haven’t ISOd GM yet, but this reaction to GM wondering the reason JV SRs them? The #179 paragraph is just a very generic thing, it’s not even like “you said this here, and changed the context here” Town or Maf, Jackson feels like they aren’t even going to consider a Grandpa town world, which makes me lean JV scum, but I’ll keep reading.
#180 Jackson still seems mad about being “expected to be there when they previously said they wouldn’t be” like, this type of anger isn’t alignment indicative, but I do kinda SR the fact JV has so many posts about it, when you could literally just walk away any moment and return later, and no one will care.

I was very frustrated with having to deal with what Grandpa was doing, yes. Your response to my is weak and seems overly shady, tbh it's not even a response it's just reiterating what was done with no input of your own. Repeating again, me deadass tunneling a player without looking elsewhere is a bad habit of mine, even if I am right I am trying not to do so. Again, you're attacking something that's just my
playstyle, so stop.

#183 JV explains a town vs scum mindset, and I’ll add, a town mindset would be trying to find maf/acknowledging your read might not be right, cause JV has just been tunneling Grandpa, granted GM is probably the only one speaking right now, but posts like this kinda just reaffirm that your only goal is to tunnel GM, I kinda agree with GM’s #181 JV hasn’t explained the GM specific things, just keeps talking in general terms.
#186 JV is still yelling about being in the forum longer than they wanted?
Again, you are more than welcome to walk away whenever, we have 7 IRL days for d2/3/4
JV asking GM about maf experience… as if that will change anything about this little situation… I’m trying to not make a super long post here lol I know yall aren’t gonna want to read this
#227 FINALLY a post not to GM, JV responds to Fizz about spamming the thread, which in my opinion is a really weird post to respond to lol especially going “I don’t think this is AI” like, I think in that content, it definitely pointed more to JV scum GM town, like, also based on what I remember people saying, others agreed with that, and I really see it.
#229 “I have a surface level TR on skitz because their entrance” this comment feels really out there. Just had this huge exchange with GM about how you need reasons.. also in #160 basically told me reading entrances was bad, but if JV does it, it’s ok!!

Acknowledging a read may/may not be right is a personality thing and/or confidence thing so I disagree with you. 186 you're completely misrepresenting/misunderstanding there. I am proving that I was not just bullshitting my way out of posting like Grandpa was making out I was doing. And I am ALLOWED to ask people for experience, I was trying to fucking gauge them. Now I'm lowkey getting mad. I do not care if any of my posts are "out there", I've explained what I did and I am not going to again.

#298 makes a point to go back to skitter about the entrance? This exchange with the 2 feels really weird. I was a tad sus of skit before, and this makes it feel like “I need to force an interaction with my partner” it’s so significant, I’ll actually quote it below.
In post 298, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 233, skitter30 wrote:
In post 229, JacksonVirgo wrote:I have a surface level TR on skitz mainly because their entrance felt ballsy in a sense scum wouldn't try. Also the fact they don't have an issue with switching reads, scum tend to stick to it as to not feel opportunistic.
Oh? How was it ballsy?
It just seems overly, hype/exciting in a way that seems too risky for scum to do as it may appear as pockety.
#412 is another post just speaking in general, and not really directed at anyone “scum would do this…”
#413 – JV knows I’m town :) likely from TMI but I’ll take a tr right now
#423- I mean, if you ISO Glory, Glory’s lines are fine, definitely not bad.
You're making associative reads before any flips happen, which is generally bad practice as you're >rand wrong when you do that. Just stick to singular reads and go from flips, trust me on that one. I hate the fact you're shading me for which is legitimately LAMIST, and I no longer town-lean you. It's actually quite funny how big your contradiction here is though, you said a town mindset is knowing your reads may not be right, but here you are fairly certain on me/skitter being scum (more specifically me here) and yeah, according to your very own logic you are scum. Congrats fam
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I accidentally opened up the inspect menu and deleted the entire body tag when doing that one so I had to redo some of that one, lucky it saved almost at the end though so phew
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 521, Andante wrote:I've put the 2nd most effort into this game, Grandpa the most, and I do not believe this skitter/wheme sr comes from a town pov
In post 526, Andante wrote:

No it does not, and you know it's not.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also Wheme looks pretty decent at this current moment imo. 552 I like a lot and it's something I would have said if they didn't
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Awaiting grandpa answering my question before I change votes though.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Spoiler: Mega Wallpost
Tactical Lurker
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:39 pm

Spoiler: Why Andante is clearly Scum
actually here's some music instead:

Townlock Pooky for posting great music yes yes
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 535, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 459, Fizz Raab wrote:Grandpa being a lot more calmer with his gameplay
Thanks for this fam, I now has a question for Grandpamo.
Is there a reason you now have a complete tonal shift?

i actually was going to answer that later when i looked back giving the tldr of wheemie (also cuz i witnessed it too) but basically i realized that like tonality/style is much nai on forum mafia lol and also i just got lazy to just keep doing it every single time. so it is whatever i right. like earlier, i gave my more formal tone but this one it is semi formal. it just happen to be that it doesn't matter for me anymore. ik long response for an expected 1 answer thing but oh well
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

write*
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 537, JacksonVirgo wrote:Grandpa, do a quick solid for me.

Where do I stand in your reads. You keep saying I have gotten townier etc etc but then you still SR me but less than Pooky yes?

yes so basically my parings WERE originally skitter/pooky and fizz/jv i believe if i recall correctly. i was basically saying how there was 1 mafia at that time. afte rour interaction,i realized that hey it could just now be switched up optimally to pooky/jv and skitter/fizz. and scumteam could just be both pooky and jv. but then later on the days, you acted more towny in response to our second very little interaction as well ur response to other ppl including rn to andante's iso reads on you and i realizezd that pooky was way more genearlly scum than you. yes they have contributed but they seemed to sheep what skitter says, not giv any really other good reads other than on me and u (thinking we are alligned) and just overall lack of contribtuion. pooky's early game was good tho, but then later after me and jv's interaction died down, you jv just started acting townier (and that may have been because we werent tunneling each other and now i was finally seeing ur other reads open up etc.)

so if i am basically looking at pooky/jv... i thought pooky was more scum in that pair.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »