Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Forum rules
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 0, fferyllt wrote:
Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV

Moderator: fferyllt
Backup Moderator: Syryana
Game Design by Max

Deja Vu...the sense, in a new circumstance, that you've been someplace, seen something, experienced something before. The moment, for unfathomable reasons, reminds you of another moment in your past. Maybe it's an unnoticed knicknack on a shelf. Maybe it's the hands on a clock. Maybe it's a scent, a taste, a breeze. In this game, you're trapped in the mis-eliminate and lose moment of a mafia game. And you will get to replay that moment, again and again, until you've miseliminated 3 times. Or you have eliminated mafia 3 times. Then you will be released as a winner of this Groundhog Day of an experiment...or not.

Player List
  1. Nachomamma8
  2. SirCakez
  3. Leafeon and Glaceon (beeboy, Mistyx hydra)
  4. Not_Mafia
  5. Salsabil Faria
  6. Momrangal
    Brave Heart Lion

7. Kismet
  8. Disaster Cartel (Menalque, Ydrasse hydra)
  9. Infinity 324
  10. Venus Fly Trap (skitter30, lilith2013 hydra)
  11. notscience
  12. The Bulge

Spoiler: Alive
Nachomamma8
SirCakez
Leafeon and Glaceon
Not_Mafia
Salsabil Faria
Momrangal
Kismet
Disaster Cartel
Infinity 324
Venus Fly Trap
notscience
The Bulge

Spoiler: Dead
No one...yet

Spoiler: Modkilled
Let's not go there

Spoiler: Votecounter Settings
living playersNachomamma8
SirCakez
Leafeon and Glaceon (replaces L&G)
Not_Mafia
Salsabil Faria
Momrangal
Kismet
Disaster Cartel
Infinity 324
Venus Fly Trap
notscience
The Bulge

links
Ok, it did feel like you were already SRing him
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 416, Infinity 324 wrote:VFT and kismet are towny, so is salsa somewhat. I forget who else was defending NM
i'm not advocating doing anything except just trying to take a holistic approach to the game. I don't have a read on n_m yet.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Kismet »

in a game like this where multiple scum are 100% going to flip at some point, generating interactions between most slots early seems like it should be at a premium. and so far most of the content has been around someone who basically hasn't posted
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 358, SirCakez wrote:Somebody else already made this point.
Notscience brought up this point. Your response was that you didn't know my reads because you were skimming. That's not good enough for me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 364, Kismet wrote:
In post 355, Disaster Cartel wrote:(1) :rolleyes:
is this a rolleyes because you think you got a nonanswer here (the answer made sense to me)
or is it a rolleyes because you think you should be higher?
I think it was a rolleyes because I was kind of a jerk about it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 360, SirCakez wrote:This would have come up whether or not Misty addressed it
Fair point.

Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Disaster Cartel »

In post 416, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 413, Disaster Cartel wrote:how are they more likely than rand to be scum than the do nothing slot?
I don't understand this question. The assumption is that NM is always gonna be =rand scum (I disagree, but w/e)

If you have a scumread on a player, and if you have any faith in your reads at all, that player is >rand scum. Maybe they're playing towny in an objective sense but that doesn't matter because you know they would as either alignment.

VFT and kismet are towny, so is salsa somewhat. I forget who else was defending NM
I mean in this game specifically NM has a 45% chance of being scum, which is the assumption I’m making

This is the problem tho, unless your reads are like, very good, then *you individually* are not probably doing any/much better than rand, ESPECIALLY when, like here, rand!scum chance is super super high. By all means, if you have strong SRs on enough of the PL then sure, maybe NM is town. But with each TR you get, according to your own logic the %chance of NM scum goes super high

And you didn’t answer the second part, which is why are VFT/kismet/salsa towny?

-Mena
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 379, Kismet wrote:This is a little concerning because it's the sort of thing I see from scum trying to show their fangs early to get someone to back off or put them off balance, and not a thing town do to try to figure out what the person attacking them actually is

I had a very similar interaction w/ muffin in a game a long time ago and he turned out to be scum for it.

that's not to say that that everyone plays the same here, but i don't get what you're trying to do here if town, especially since popcorn eventually ended in y'all mostly backing off each other.
Muffin also brings the fangs out when he's frustrated as town, or directs vitriol at people when they clearly aren't going to listen to them any other way.

If popcorn was the only time that Cakez clashed then it would be a different story, but it's not.

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Kismet »

VOTE: DC

i am, at this point, sufficiently tweaked out by DC having a post count that is the size of mine with basically nothing worth a shit other than "notscience is posting so i guess he's town" and a whole bunch of n_m theorytalk in it
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 432, Nachomamma8 wrote:Muffin also brings the fangs out when he's frustrated as town, or directs vitriol at people when they clearly aren't going to listen to them any other way.
this seems unrelated to what i'm talking about. i'm aware he gets mean for other reasons.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 380, Infinity 324 wrote:@nacho I'm having a hard time seeing which parts of your cakez read don't boil down to "I don't get cakez", or how you not getting cakez means he's scum in this context
The push Cakez made with the most scum intent was the one on me, which I talked about before. Whenever a townie is getting a lot of heat from those present in the thread and then a newcomer rolls around and goes "A-HA! You are scummy!" with reasons that are questionable at best, you can bet your left eye that I'm going to hold them to the fire from it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 434, Kismet wrote:
In post 432, Nachomamma8 wrote:Muffin also brings the fangs out when he's frustrated as town, or directs vitriol at people when they clearly aren't going to listen to them any other way.
this seems unrelated to what i'm talking about. i'm aware he gets mean for other reasons.
Then I guess I don't know what you're talking about!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 433, Kismet wrote:VOTE: DC

i am, at this point, sufficiently tweaked out by DC having a post count that is the size of mine with basically nothing worth a shit other than "notscience is posting so i guess he's town" and a whole bunch of n_m theorytalk in it
What are your current reads?

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Kismet »

nacho i'm trying to believe but you're making it very hard

cakez came at you and you just aggressively postured at him in a way that doesn't make me confident you're trying to figure his alignment out.
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:06 am

In post 421, Kismet wrote:
In post 407, Disaster Cartel wrote:I would also love to hear thoughts on my point that I think scum are bus!disincentivised unless in a lot of trouble, and the fact that there seems to be no appetite for NM is therefore +scum
1 I think it's a fundamentally weak point because it requires that scum came into the game in this headspace and you have no way of testing that assertion
it also relies partially on the alignments of the people pushing n_m so it's something to maybe come back to d2+ at best for me
and mostly....2 there's just no need to use this as a crutch in lieu of like....getting reads and shit like normal which i kiiiiiiinda feel you've been doing the whole game
(1) I don’t take your point, scum are likely to approach setups differently depending on the specifics of the setup. If there’s a setup which disincentivises bussing, it’s logical to assume that scum are less likely to bus and vice versa. So unless you disagree with the setup disincentivising bussing, i don’t get why this is a wrong approach

(2) aka what I’ve been doing so far? Like where am I avoiding getting reads and shit like normal?

-Mena
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 431, Disaster Cartel wrote:But with each TR you get, according to your own logic the %chance of NM scum goes super high
I think PoE is a great reason to elim NM later on, but that's exactly why we wait until later on, because we can actually use that to determine whether NM is town or scum rather than just limming them d1 because they're NM

I'll find quotes for why I townread them, but I doubt scum!skitt would have this much happiness/drive to play mafia here. And kismet is constantly bringing up good points and showing that they're thinking from a town perspective. Which, yeah, good scum can do that, but occam's razor says kismet is towny

Salsa there was one post I thought was good
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 437, Nachomamma8 wrote:What are your current reads?
i'll get to this later when i'm not playing in the moment
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I haven't talked about beeboy's actual entrance but I hate it. It's possible I move there after work today if Cakez makes me feel something with his responses.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 438, Kismet wrote:nacho i'm trying to believe but you're making it very hard

cakez came at you and you just aggressively postured at him in a way that doesn't make me confident you're trying to figure his alignment out.
If you don't see how my approach to Cakez will help me read him then I'm not really sure what to tell you other than if I do something you don't understand it does not make me a better scum candidate.

Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am

In post 433, Kismet wrote:VOTE: DC

This is just a misrep and is also conveniently ignoring the context of the game

Explain how (1) my post count is relevant here (2) my being hesitant on TRs is scummy (3) how my engagement with infinity, cakez, you, and vote on leafy/glacey is “N_M” theory talk and not sorting?

-Mena
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mena what are your reads?

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 443, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 438, Kismet wrote:nacho i'm trying to believe but you're making it very hard

If you don't see how my approach to Cakez will help me read him then I'm not really sure what to tell you other than if I do something you don't understand it does not make me a better scum candidate.
this would work a lot better if you just said what you mean to say instead of expressing incredulity at every turn
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:11 am

Seems hella convenient that you’re sussing me when I’m like the only one who hasn’t been happy to rubberstamp you as town, kismet!

-Mena
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 440, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll find quotes for why I townread them, but I doubt scum!skitt would have this much happiness/drive to play mafia here.
This is a bad reason to townread a good scum player. Moods, and thus engagement, can change from day to day much less game to game.

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 444, Disaster Cartel wrote:Explain how (1) my post count is relevant here (2) my being hesitant on TRs is scummy (3) how my engagement with infinity, cakez, you, and vote on leafy/glacey is “N_M” theory talk and not sorting?
it's relevant from a signal/noise ratio - you're here often, but any time you're here i don't see a lot of analysis on anything but n_m and that worries me because it's a really easy thing to talk about because ultimately it boils down to a philosophy and not anything related to alignments this game
i never said being hesistant on TRs is scummy, i just don't see the process or many even attempts at conclusions yet