Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-5

With 8 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

Whemestar (2): GrandpaMo, Irish Dancer
No Elimination (1): Ahri
irish dancer (1) skitter30
Ahri (4): JacksonVirgo, T3, Fizz Raab, WhemeStar

Not Voting (0):

Deadline for Day Two: (expired on 2021-04-15 19:49:39)

Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:14 am

Post by T3 »

Not much to say... hammer time?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'll do it if we're all ready
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:52 am

Post by T3 »

Don't just stand there get a hammer! :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

My gut says this is a super bad idea >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

smh. skitter i rlly hope ur right :(

VOTE: Ahri
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-6 (Final)

With 8 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

Whemestar (1): Irish Dancer
No Elimination (1): Ahri
irish dancer (1) skitter30
Ahri (5): JacksonVirgo, T3, Fizz Raab, WhemeStar, GrandpaMo

Not Voting (0):

Deadline for Day Two: (expired on 2021-04-15 19:49:39)

Last edited by Cabd on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

The children frantically fill pastry bags, formulate pate a choux, and fit as much pastry cream into each eclair as possible. Amid the hubbub, one competitor seems less concerned with her own baked goods than with what everyone else is doing. She strolls by one workstation and tips an extra stick of butter into a mixing dough. She looks left, then right, then pours half a bottle of peppermint extract into another pastry cream. Chaos reigns until...she is spotted.

"Hey, my dough is runny!" "My pastry cream would knock out an elephant from twenty paces away!" "Saboteur!"

They congregate around her workstation, where her unfilled pile of (quite pale, honestly) eclair forms await decoration. In clear agreement, they make quick work of her supplies. Icing, washed down the drain. Pastries, in the garbage, with the pastry cream dumped on top for good measure. And just like that, she has nothing to present to the judges.

As time expires, Duff and Val return to see seven workstations with rows of eclairs ready for judging and one workstation with nothing but an empty plate A single shaker of sprinkles sits on the counter, the only sign anyone was ever working there. "Well, I guess we know how this is going to go. We can't judge an empty plate, so that's our elimination."

The defeated baker rips off her apron and throws it over the counter. "I can't believe I got called out like this! Maybe I'll just wait for a better kid's Food Network shot to come along." An evil grin appears. "Like Cutthroat Kitchen For Kids!"

And with that, she flounces out. Duff claps his hands together and announces, "One down! What's up next, Val?"

Val makes a show of looking around the kitchen set. "Well, we do have all these nifty gadgets here, and it would be a shame for you to miss out on using them. Like the popular ice cream maker! So today, your job is to make us a dessert treat that incorporates ice cream. Get creative, and be cool!"

The bakers' expressions settle into ice-cold determination, and they race back to their stations. But, seen only by the camera crews, one kid makes sure to grab a kitchen torch. The trouble isn't over yet!
Last edited by Cabd on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

Ahri, Mafia Goon, was eliminated Day Two.

Night Two now begins. It will last for two days:

(expired on 2021-04-16 22:52:12)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

Due to irish dancer not picking up his prod, night is paused until a replacement is found. Once a replacement is in place, day 3 will start exactly 24 hours after the replacement.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Cabd »

Catboi replaces in for irish dancer.

Deadline now begins and Night Two will end in 24 hours:

(expired on 2021-04-19 11:14:47)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Cabd »

Stuff coming shortly.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Cabd »

The young bakers work feverishly through the night. Baked Alaska, ice cream cakes, ice cream cookie sandwiches. This judging round will definitely be a close call.

But where there's smoke, there's fire. The kitchen torch makes an appearance, subtly, smoothly. Until it's time for Duff and Val to view the confections. Seven plates of delicious, perfectly chilled ice cream treats...sploosh!

A carefully constructed ice cream cake slides to the floor before the judges' eyes. Blackberry filling smears across the tile, and the cake crumbles to pieces upon impact. "I was paying such close attention!" cries the hapless baker. "How could it have melted that fast?"

Duff and Val glance at one another and, finding themselves in accord, look back at the baker. "It would seem you don't have anything to present to us for judging," Val notes gently. "So we're going to have to eliminate you here. Thanks for all your hard work throughout this competition though!"

Defeated, he leaves. The kitchen torch slides back onto its spot on the shelf, now cool to the touch.

Duff is immediately, irrepressibly cheerful again. "Six bakers! Not quite half a baker's dozen! What comes in dozens...I know, eggs! Let's go with egg custard as the centerpiece of the next challenge. Anything you can dream up that incorporates egg custard. But be creative--we have high standards of egg-cellence around here!"

Groaning, the bakers take off for the next round. Time to see who will crack next under the pressure.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Cabd »

Fizz Raab, Town Tracker, was eliminated Night Two.

Day three now begins. With 6 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate someone.

Countdown set for 7 days and change: (expired on 2021-04-26 20:06:38)
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:10 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

Analysis.

After Ahri flipping scum, this reveals very much viable info. This should make T3 (Andante) town here for this specific reason. Towards the beginning-mid game everyone had this push against Andante and was almost voted out. Do you bus your Mafia role cop there? I doubt it. Especially that early day one. Then we come out to this random pivot and T3 on which Andante also initially suspected of Ahri being scum and now T3 continued that legacy and pushed for it and flipped BM. This is what I think is what makes T3 most likely town here.

Now there are three things on how to pair this kill up.

First:

This could have been an elaborative bus from only one person assuming T3 is town.

JV is the only person who is responsible for a bus to happen here. Look at how JV starts backing down from their initial scumreads and pushes out Ahri and points out a scum slip deciding to fully push Ahri towards the end day. Then, look at how JV also says “I am not starting to like Grandpa again” and that could be possibly a frame onto the second day to bring a mislynch because JV knows that T3 paired me and Ahri up together coming into the game.

Second:

This could NOT have been a bus but an actual mafia defense from skitter.

Skitter wanted to get a condemn on Irish and T3. And was defending the fact that Ahri was a bad kill. This is the most blatant type of mafia play which is to openly defend your mafia partner. Personally, I do not think skitter would have just openly defended their mafia partner there. But that’s all WIFOM. Skitter is probably experienced enough to set that up in a way where people will conclude that he is town because they wouldn’t just defend their partner there, but who knows.

Third:

Mafia is just between Irish and Wheme.

I think this is also very likely as Irish have given no contribution, which is kinda hard since there is no meta from them but that could just be their original scum play where they go into lack of contribution. Wheme was my original scumread just because of inconsistent quotes that I have brought an analytic read on to previous posts in response to skitter. Wheme also sussed Irish and Irish gave very bad reactions but that could just have been newbie play. Also to reiterate Irish ended up voting Wheme as an OMGUS.

So now my voting gamesolve that has so far 100% accuracy B)
Ahri >>> T3 >>> Wheme >>> Irish

Ahri flipped scum. T3 is town. We vote Wheme today and probably win.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am

Post by catboi »

Hai~ (。・ω・)ノ゙

I've only really skimmed people off the flip, apologies for being lazy but I figured catching up on everything right away wouldn't be necessary. What I got off the flip was JV and T3 are hard town, and skitter and wheme look the scummiest.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:21 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1265, catboi wrote:Hai~ (。・ω・)ノ゙

I've only really skimmed people off the flip, apologies for being lazy but I figured catching up on everything right away wouldn't be necessary. What I got off the flip was JV and T3 are hard town, and skitter and wheme look the scummiest.
LOL. Ah yes sheep me irish! I really want to wheme here.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1266, GrandpaMo wrote:

Also I think that the voting pattern may change depending on how you act. But I think we still go Wheme here and I am sure we win. Unless it was a bus from JV or hard obvious WIFOM defense from skitter. Them fucking godly plays. Or you could just be mafia. Ah whatever I explained it in my analysis.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:51 am

Post by T3 »

skitter said she was going to hammer on her lunch break, never did. Grandpa has been towny recently. I feel like skitter may have been trying to stall the hammer.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1267, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1266, GrandpaMo wrote:

Also I think that the voting pattern may change depending on how you act. But I think we still go Wheme here and I am sure we win. Unless it was a bus from JV or hard obvious WIFOM defense from skitter. Them fucking godly plays. Or you could just be mafia. Ah whatever I explained it in my analysis.
I think writing off an experienced player for hard defending scum is a mistake, but I'll have more on this later. I want to read in more detail before I make any commitment.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm leaning towards wheme here
I was very, very, very wrong yesterday, and i'll own that

I think jv, grandpamo are still hard town
T3 probably town

Between wheme and irish's slot (catboi) for me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 251, Ahri wrote:
In post 238, Andante wrote:Ok, I've read enough, I wanna get Ahri here, not even taking this seriously, has yet to out a genuine read, ignored the whole JV/GM stuff, like I'm not seeing any genuine effort to scumhunt coming from Ahri. And all of Ahri's posts just read as them taking this game as a joke

VOTE: Ahri
by this you should be "scumreading" or wanting to elim Bailey as well, no? They have 1 post this game
(Note: not saying i sr them, but by sr'ing for usefulness to town)
This is +town for t3
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Especially given how stubborn andante was when i pushed her for it
Sorry andante <3
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 255, Ahri wrote:anyways bad elims for today are jackson / HoG / the afk / skitter

mainly because given jackson / hog's playstyle it's so easy to mess up and openclaim mafia
and the afk / skitter haven't really done anything and are capable of a lot more
Ok this supports that conclusion

Hog (now catboi)
Afk (now wheme)

These arent good reasons to clear these people
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 368, Hand of Glory wrote:Yeah, I realize more yet now.

The "catgirl vs. eurosnob" idea was just idiotic. It was a shit idea to suggest it, no less so as "theatre". Nothing else to say there. I didn't mean it as "emotional~ random dumb! vs. analytical", as you presented it. Or I would probably have noticed all of you using it sooner.

I shouldn't have said anything about the character of Ahri, ever, not knowing her.

If I called Ahri a "magical [!] 8-ball" on thread, that was just mafia misdirection and not my actual judgment of Ahri.
If I called her a "deep-space oracle" or "vig shot D1" backstage, it was meant as "energy", because I'd read that you should boost your scumbuddy, not as her being "random" at all. I've said here that I didn't think she was being random.

But again -- I shouldn't have said shit about someone I don't know. Who hates me now. Rightly.

"Spewing lies."
It
was
my first online mafia game. I've lurked elsewhere (probably also not understanding much), and I've played irl (years before), and I've inhaled the wiki far too much and believed in it far too much -- yeah.
I drew scum, was anxious to be "proactive", and always tell my partner all my thoughts to avoid cornering them into an impossible situation by miscoordination. Went well. I realize I gave too many "instructions" to Ahri, all that micromanagement. They weren't meant as commands, they really just were what I thought.

I did try to read the thread and make sense of it. Then you all mock that I don't know where to begin engaging if the entire thread is always "scum reading" what I'm doing.

"Being aggressive."
You were setting me up for that by being intentionally stupid in two different ways. There's also parts where I called the sudden counterstrategies or scum pair calls strikingly smart.

@skitter

"What do you think of Andante?"
On the private thread? Astonishing scumdar, not good at selling it, and play early on that I called newbish or terrible while being a newb myself. Yeah, that's arrogant, though if you've seen people give these tells, it happens. You all made a point of using intentionally terrible scum tells.

On this thread? I thought that their intentionally obfuscating posts were annoying me, also irl for saying that their style is annoying me. Sure, I get that Ahri thinks the same about me, but I never called
her
style annoying. It is precisely nothing like what Andante used. Ahri used her own style throughout the thread as I thought she would, not this "like whatever idk how it's even, i'll iso them tonight" -- that's precisely why I
liked
(what I thought was) Ahri's style.

I'm sorry, all of you.
Right ... this post
So, i think that hog and ahri had a private thread given that he was talking abt/responding to things ahri seemed to have said, except ahri didnt say them here. I thought at thw time masons, so didnt call that much attention to it, but scum pt works too
Show
Hiatus once more.