NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This is a strong gamestate read on N_M. Nobody agrees on an elimination and then Meuh is slowly moving the goal post towards N_M. I don't think N_M flips scum in that universe, but opportunistic scum are trying to lead the charge on an easy to eliminate slot.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like there's two possibilities here. Either N_M is literally scum and everyone else is so townie he get's singled out and killed.
Or we're in universe two which is a lot more dangerous, where scum are in a good position and trying to make us eliminate an shitty useless slot.

I'm much more scared of the second universe, and if N_M actually is scum it will probably be quite obvious at some point cus i doubt he'll live to ELO.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Meuh »

If I was looking for an easy miselim, I would've had my vote on Ink and just went for that wagon. Considering this gamestate, that doesn't seem too difficult to make happen.

I mean I don't really think N_M is mafia
Like I don't townread him but I'm not >50% on him being scum, not even >40%. I'm getting to the demotivated "I just wanna get through this" stage that I've hit in other games before and I'm just trying to make the game better for day 2. I should probably sit down and try to form stronger reads/reread posts but my brain is all over the place and I can't settle down on a reasonable thought process. I just want day 2 to be productive
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 276, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Like there's two possibilities here. Either N_M is literally scum and everyone else is so townie he get's singled out and killed.
Or we're in universe two which is a lot more dangerous, where scum are in a good position and trying to make us eliminate an shitty useless slot.

I'm much more scared of the second universe, and if N_M actually is scum it will probably be quite obvious at some point cus i doubt he'll live to ELO.
The issue is that in this second universe, why wouldn't the scumteam just go for a push on Ink or Catboi? I feel that'd generally set them up better for day 2. I don't understand how N_M > Catboi/Ink today for scum
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The problem is that if N_M is scum i doubt he'd be playing like a dead fish when put on a wagon. Or that one of their teammates wouldn't raise hell. And since i'm town i find it much more unlikely that N_M is scum with another AFK player and they don't do fuckall VS N_M is town and scum are putting the pressure on there.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Meuh »

I've kinda accepted the idea we're not gonna be hitting town today
maybe that's too pessimistic but I really don't think we're gonna be seeing red at EOD
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Meuh »

Not gonna be hitting scum*
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 278, Meuh wrote:I don't understand how N_M > Catboi/Ink today for scum
Ink and Catboi have both played a bit townie i feel and not really been what i'd consider "easy to eliminate" slots.
So a townflip on them would look worse for voters on their wagon than a wagon on N_M cus: "lawl, policy vote!".
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway, this is me trying to make sense of things here. I don't understand what the scum team has been doing if any of them have been pressured and put on any of the biggest wagons recently.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Ink and Catboi have both played a bit townie i feel and not really been what i'd consider "easy to eliminate" slots.
So a townflip on them would look worse for voters on their wagon than a wagon on N_M cus: "lawl, policy vote!".
Eh ig so yeah
I mean the votes were on them
Ink and Catboi are both slots that I don't really wanna see gone right now either
I mean your thought process is reasonable, policy elim + acting non-confident in scumreads is a good setup for scum!Meuh to sweep this elim under the rug tomorrow
I just happen to be genuine :good:
I do wonder what my flip will mean for us though
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 284, Meuh wrote:Eh ig so yeah
I mean the votes were on them
Yeah but what i meant is that they were relatively inactive until they got wagoned and took the game more seriously.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway it's felt like you were trying to steer our ship down the cliff.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 286, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Anyway it's felt like you were trying to steer our ship down the cliff.
If they've been acting townie, what's the issue with steering?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:03 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 266, catboi wrote:Again, same question to you: Do you believe there's someone else who flipping is supposed to provide more information?
I don't see how peoples positioning on not_mafia would show information about them, since not_mafia is so easy wouldn't everyone just have an easy excuse..?
I think flipping you will make meuh/samawoodoo clearer for me :P idk if that would work for others too :shifty: but I don't like how meuh acts with you!!! (and the way samawoodoo acted in kinda gives me similar vibes to what vibes i got from meuh).
How is not_mafia subtly acting different btw...? It's too hard to read them :cry:
In post 268, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Just vote the people that say an N_M wagon is good, and you'll flip scum.
Works everytime.
gottem :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
In post 277, Meuh wrote:I mean I don't really think N_M is mafia
Like I don't townread him but I'm not >50% on him being scum, not even >40%. I'm getting to the demotivated "I just wanna get through this" stage that I've hit in other games before and I'm just trying to make the game better for day 2. I should probably sit down and try to form stronger reads/reread posts but my brain is all over the place and I can't settle down on a reasonable thought process. I just want day 2 to be productive
I understand what you're trying to say here, but I disagree. I would prefer we keep as much town alive as possible,
what info did you say you would learn from not_mafia elim?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 am

Post by catboi »

In post 272, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But it is a fact that when N_M is town mafia that are unfamiliar with his playstyle are extremely likely to want to try to make us flip him. N_M is super flipbait if town here. And sure, that's annoying. But i feel like Meuh isn't really being genuine with their N_M push.
In post 273, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why do you think there's an actual chance he's mafia here as oppposed to just usual flipbait N_M?
I think there's a subtle difference in how he plays that's pronounced in newbie games - if he's explaining himself to justify what he's doing he's doing it with the intent to look town so he gets credit for "actually playing" where as town he'll often just silently vote and make flippant statements but won't argue as strongly compare his isos in these games:

scum:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go

town:

The idea that he or his teammate would be doing something in response to votes is something of a fallacy - he doesn't respond to being voted as either alignment, and there already
are
a significant amount of people wno are trying to resist wagoning him! There's only 2 votes on him! I would describe it, right now, as a vote that is
not
an easy one.

Also, I just don't really like that he fos'd someone just for "stilted rvs posting", it doesn't feel like a real read
In post 274, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 271, catboi wrote:What do you think of in3 right now?
Tbh, town. And that's partly the reason why i'm trying to make the game go in another direction.
I would agree with that. What made you change your mind on him?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:10 am

Post by catboi »

In post 288, marcistar wrote:I don't see how peoples positioning on not_mafia would show information about them, since not_mafia is so easy wouldn't everyone just have an easy excuse..?
I think flipping you will make meuh/samawoodoo clearer for me :P idk if that would work for others too :shifty: but I don't like how meuh acts with you!!! (and the way samawoodoo acted in 256 kinda gives me similar vibes to what vibes i got from meuh).
How is not_mafia subtly acting different btw...? It's too hard to read them
Are you actually interested in flipping me? How is that supposed to give information on those two?

If you think Meuh is a better vote, that's fine, I've already said I don't oppose it.

Explain what bothered you about that Samawoodo post?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Meuh »

Tbh elim me over Catboi, that's probably better for the game, unless he's town and my read is off, but I would
NEVER
make an incorrect read :lol:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hmm i'll give the N_M meta a look when i get some time.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 am

Post by catboi »

In post 292, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hmm i'll give the N_M meta a look when i get some time.
Not like t should take long to look at >_>
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Reading N_M is tiring. Mentally.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Catboi
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 am

Post by catboi »

K
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t think you r scum wither way Catboi. So that vote is meh, but i’m still feeling like N_M could be town.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Either way*
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 297, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t think you r scum wither way Catboi. So that vote is meh, but i’m still feeling like N_M could be town.
I mean that's understandable if you don't believe me, it's not like I'd claim it's the strongest case even if I feel it's my best lead right now.
In post 291, Meuh wrote:Tbh elim me over Catboi, that's probably better for the game, unless he's town and my read is off, but I would
NEVER
make an incorrect read :lol:
You should generally never offer yourself up for elimination like this, especially when it's far from guaranteed who the wagon will be on. After all, you know you're town while anyone else is just a guess. You are right that I'm town here, but I hardly claim to be some great scumhunter, my reads are typically not great.