Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 397, Bell wrote:To me it looks like he's running on autopilot, just pushing whoever and saying whatever. He is emotionally engaged, hence why Wheme seemed to think he was "tunneled" but I just think of him as like an NPC in marioparty on a stage where they just sort of run at you to try you knock you off the platform with 0 deviation or algorithmic pathing. Like an arrow.
That's a pretty good description of tunnelling. I saw some nuance to it on second read.

Do you think scum would be unhappy with the game's overall energy level?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Bell »

I replaced into this slot because I thought it was a scum slot.
Boy was I surprised (I'm kidding, I didn't read this game before I replaced into and just wanted to play a newbie game and hang out with some unfamiliar faces).

Why did you join because I joined? We could have been fish friends, but now you're 39.33333% likely to be scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Bell »

Yes, scum are extremely unhappy with inactive games with inactive towns. They just hate that.

I don't agree, Demainer seems like an SE more than a newbie.
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 401, Bell wrote:I replaced into this slot because I thought it was a scum slot.
Boy was I surprised (I'm kidding, I didn't read this game before I replaced into and just wanted to play a newbie game and hang out with some unfamiliar faces).

Why did you join because I joined? We could have been fish friends, but now you're 39.33333% likely to be scum.
Obvs because I like playing with you and I think you should be relatively easy to sort with a little time! Re fish friends, it's sadly just not a good time for a large theme game, especially next week, although it's not as bad as when I bowed out. A newbie at the end of day 2 is a totally different level of commitment.

I look forward to swimming those turbulent seas sometime soon, though.

I have an incredible record of correctly reading newbie game slots I replace into. I guessed wrong once, on an SE slot. This game wasn't a wrong read. Factor that into your 39.33333%

IF you're town.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 402, Bell wrote:Yes, scum are extremely unhappy with inactive games with inactive towns. They just hate that.

I agree Demainer is experienced. He's not trying to hide it. There was still nuance in that wheme tunnel. I also really liked his observation about Lukewarm that I called out in an earlier post.

It was going back and seeing the nuance, seeing the Lukewarm observation, and thinking about his participation rate during a dragging, low-energy game that broke down my own initial scumread.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

How do you feel about Ivy?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 402, Bell wrote:Yes, scum are extremely unhappy with inactive games with inactive towns. They just hate that.

My point, which I doubt you missed, is that Demainer is actively working against the inactivity.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Bell »

I don't see any obvious anti-tunneling measures in Demainer's posts. SE's usually have those when they're trying.

What do you mean by how do I feel?
They constructed a blameless vote and argued that they were being very consistent this game with almost no trace of irony in their posts. They're very green.

Your push against Egix is off, why did you feel the need to push at him? You'd read the game beforehand right?
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 407, Bell wrote:I don't see any obvious anti-tunneling measures in Demainer's posts. SE's usually have those when they're trying.

They constructed a blameless vote and argued that they were being very consistent this game with almost no trace of irony in their posts. They're very green.

Your push against Egix is off, why did you feel the need to push at him? You'd read the game beforehand right?
I'm not pushing against Egix. Even in the highly unlikely event that clasko is fake claiming, egix is almost certainly town.

I didn't read the game beforehand, just my 2 potential isos.

I had a townread from his day 1 posts, and then discovered in the first readthrough that two of my townreads were near-confirmed.

I'm pushing egix to reevaluate his read of my slot and think about his POE from that perspective, though.

I also wish he'd take the mantle of near-confirmed SE and lead a little, even if it leads toward elimming me, but that's a playstyle thing, and I've seen enough of his play to feel that he's not likely to do that.

So, my goal is to figure you out since if you're town you will have to stick in an oar here.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Bell »

I haven't missed much, you're playing a standard game where you started out by posturing and communicating your intent to all before voting me and asking leading questions, positioning yourself so that your reads are aligned with the most active people while pushing at the least active.

It's pretty blameless stuff, if I asked you why you'd say you wanted to inject life into this game and I would literally never be able to tell the difference between that and just getting town read and picking to side with those that have the most influence. It feels samey.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Bell »

Stick in an oar?
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by fferyllt »

regarding anti-tunnelling measures, I don't necessarily expect to see that.

This post was what I saw as nuance in his wheme stance
In post 183, Demainer wrote:Ivyeo and Ahri both give me bad vibes. They're posting very cautiously in the thread, Ahri hasn't said anything material at all, and Ivyeo seems to be creating an "I told you so" position to defend herself before WhemeStar's flip.

It does make me a bit less certain that Wheme is scum, because based on that, Ivyeo and Wheme can't be on the same team. But I'm sticking with my vote because I trust my gut feeling.

I feel that something is off about Clasko as well, but they've been active in the game posting reads and sharing their thoughts, so no strong thoughts on this one way or the other.
Wheme is an easy player to misread, even for experienced players. I *think* I have a handle on his towngame, but I haven't had an opportunity to test myself yet.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 410, Bell wrote:Stick in an oar?
move and steer our little boat.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 409, Bell wrote:I haven't missed much, you're playing a standard game where you started out by posturing and communicating your intent to all before voting me and asking leading questions, positioning yourself so that your reads are aligned with the most active people while pushing at the least active.

It's pretty blameless stuff, if I asked you why you'd say you wanted to inject life into this game and I would literally never be able to tell the difference between that and just getting town read and picking to side with those that have the most influence. It feels samey.
Have you meta'd me recently? I have some scumgames out there in metaland.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Bell »

Guess who's about to disappear because he just got a call to do a shitload of work?

THIS GUY.

I'm sorry FF. I have to prep for tomorrow now. Parent-student meeting tommorrow and we'll be talking about reopening and oh my god.

I haven't played with Wheme, but he didn't seem very hard to read, he did seem argumentative and abrasive, sure. But that's not very much of one.
Anyway, I believe Egix is cleared so I didn't get what you were insinuating with him not "trying to read you." I was like, 'wut'

Anti tunnel technology is the shit. I'm investing in it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 413, fferyllt wrote:
In post 409, Bell wrote:I haven't missed much, you're playing a standard game where you started out by posturing and communicating your intent to all before voting me and asking leading questions, positioning yourself so that your reads are aligned with the most active people while pushing at the least active.

Have you meta'd me recently? I have some scumgames out there in metaland.
I...honestly haven't meta'd anyone since I got a job. It's terrible.
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I was thinking earlier that I don't think you've ever played against scum-me unless it was as a hidden alt or something.

Also, not sure you've met replace-in ffery. I'm not the ball of fire I used to be as a replace in, but I do tend to grab the available data and run with it.

damn it. I'm already talking to you like you're town.
unvote:

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about sorting Ivy. :/

pedit: oh well. see you when you can show up again.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 409, Bell wrote:leading questions
I really try not to lead with my questions, though it's hard sometimes. Given my reaction to your 3-post replace in contribution, I'm not surprised I gave this vibe, though.

I remember Diamond Sentinel reacted this way to some of my questions in the smokefilled game. Which should alarm me, but you're Bell, so.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

There's a literal-mindedness to Ivy's posts that I kinda vibe with, but there's so much of it, and it's not changed a lot as the game has progressed. There's also a stilted formality that feels like she thinks about what she's going to post pretty carefully.

These 3 posts:
In post 56, Ivyeo wrote:Whilst I do see the scummyness in Wheme's posts, I'm not sure we want to cut Day 1 discussion to right here.
In post 77, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 67, Saudade wrote:No no no........................!
it's the need to state the obvious that pinged me
I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly?
So, post 56 was "the obvious", and Ivy didn't see what he meant

And yet in her very next post she's explaining something Demainer posted to Wheme that to me seems to be about the same level of abstraction as what she didn't get from a post about her.
In post 79, Ivyeo wrote:He's not neccesarly saying Dark isn't scummy, he's saying you are *more* scummy than dark, we want to execute our most likely scum do we not?
In post 103, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 90, Lukewarm wrote:My scumreads are Whemestar, Ivyeo and Clasko.

Ivyeo does not seem to be contributing much to the conversation, and what they are sending is very wishy-washy. Their messages so far have been a vote, a quick unvote, and then this one:
In post 56, Ivyeo wrote:Whilst I do see the scummyness in Wheme's posts, I'm not sure we want to cut Day 1 discussion to right here.
They just seem like they are being overly cautious, which I feel is more likely with a scum then a town.
Being honest, this mostly comes from being worried because my reads were *basically* 100% wrong last time I played, and I don't want to cause us to lose again. I have some reads but I'm not sure if they hold any water? Like I had bad vibes from Wheme but then their defense made me less confident in that, and now them trying to keep pushing defensively isn't feeling very towny to me, but again that's just kidna vibes and also nothing special for how town has been feeling. I had a town read on Clasko for example, because the whole W/W thing felt good, but also them saying they town lean *both* of them instead of "picking a side" makes me like them less. I still think I need more time to really have anything scum reads at this point, as I feel less sure on Wheme, but part of that may be a thing from the other games I play, as they're generally more strict on behaviorial stuff.
In post 98, endlessdark wrote:
In post 84, endlessdark wrote:
In post 67, Saudade wrote:No no no........................!
it's the need to state the obvious that pinged me
I'm sleepy and will elaborate further tomorrow, but take into account that she's a newbie. Her posts don't yet strike me as needing-to-state-the-obvious (filler?) in a scummy way.
In post 85, Saudade wrote:No but this tell was usually what newbies fell for while the veteran gods (me) knew to avoid it
If Ivyeo is not an experienced player, I can see stating things in a more-than-necessary clear way as expected. Ivyeo, what's your experience with mafia?
On a Fourm this is my second game, as said earlier first I got Mis-elim'd in F4, and But I'm pretty active in *other* social deduction games such as BoTC, though that feels more information based and less read based. I've also did Video mafia for a few weeks, but stopped as I didn't really vibe with it.
^^ I townread this when I did my first readthrough, especially where she was talking about her reads. I felt like she was showing her analysis, and although it's not really deep analysis, there's definitely some thinking-through that seems efforty for newbscum.

but video mafia for a few weeks, depending on frequency could be a fair bit of game experience even though video/in person is fast and pretty different from text based/forum mafia with long game days.
In post 142, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 137, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 112, WhemeStar wrote:I don’t like how you are set on me being the flip on page 5
Yes its page 5 (well 6 now), but we are also on the 6th irl day for our in game Day 1. Maybe I am just not accustomed to the pacing of games on this site, but it feels like we are approaching the point where we just have to pick someone. Like there is only so much info we can really gain in day 1 until we force someone to claim, no?

I am getting pretty antsy for us to l-1 someone just so we can gain new info. Force someone to claim their role, then decide if we want to actually hammer the person based on what they claim. I mean if we wait to much longer, then if we L-1 someone, and decide we shouldn't hammer them, we won't even have long to form a new wagon.

I am not necessarily saying that I think it needs to be you, I would be happy for us to L-1 anyone on my scumread list tbh, so for now, I am gonna be on the biggest wagon between Whemestar, Ivyeo and Clasko.

VOTE: Ivyeo because I have sat on the Whemestar wagon for a while, and the Ivyeo wagon is the same size, so might as well mix it up lol
Do you not have preferences between the three of us? Your post makes it seem as though you just want to eliminate someone rather than anyone in specific, and you gave the three names that town appears to be most willing to eliminate right now.
This points up something that ran through the earlier posts, too. While not confrontational about it, she takes a lot of interest people scumreading her. The lack of confrontation seems a little off.
In post 166, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 164, Clasko wrote:
In post 86, Clasko wrote:I'm forming opinions on others that I don't want to give words to just yet. Stay tuned.
- Ivyeo: - /M - Too back and forth on WhemeStar now, especially after the interaction with Lukewarm.
Whilst I am somewhat back and forth, my logic for it is consistent. My most recent vote on Wheme I took back because I didn't really have a strong reason to have a vote on him. It's more a gut feeling than anything so I decided I didn't want to be voting based on that. Tomorrow I plan to go back through some ISOs to try to form a more solid opinion, as I currently don't have a definite idea of who I'd want to go for.

@Ivy
"My logic is consistent" I'm not sure what you meant by your logic was consistent. The rest of your post doesn't lay out a logical progression, consistent or otherwise.

This next post shows concern and initiative about the deadlline approaching with the biggest wagon at E-2. Kinda want to townread that.
In post 238, Ivyeo wrote:Unoffical Vote Count
WhemeStar (3): Demainer, Ahri, endlessdark
Demainer (2): Saudade, WhemeStar
Ahri (2): Ivyeo, Lukewarm
Clasko (1): Egix96

not voting (1): Clasko

With 9 hours left, what are we thinking?
I think this one was in reply to Wheme asking her about her Demainer read.
In post 272, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 261, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Ahri
Town lean. With the clarification that his feelings haven't changed the inactivity is fine.
In post 341, Ivyeo wrote:Rereading, I think my evil team would be Demainer>Egix. Luke would be my other valuable (town) read as I've agreed with most of what he's said, and he's pushing the game forward and importantly
Disscussing with the town what to do and why.

Demainer appears to be playing with the mindset that we will be executing what he wants, and not really pushing the discussion forward except toward what he's started to tunnel. Whilst he has a high post count, it's mostly been tunneling Wheme, who was a VT. I can't fully explain why all of this feels scummy, as it could also just a very tunnely and confident towny, but it just kinda *feels* scummy to me as opposed to that.

Egix I would more like an explanation from, as I found some of his posts a bit off. Most specifically...
In post 167, Egix96 wrote:
In post 164, Clasko wrote:
In post 86, Clasko wrote:I'm forming opinions on others that I don't want to give words to just yet. Stay tuned.
Probably about time I did this now:
- Egix96: - /M - Whilst I think his questions and contributions are helpful to town, they feel finely placed and thought-out... not enough to use the word "artificial" though..
I'm finding it hard to see how what you've written about me resolves to a scum lean overall, especially since you seemingly liked my enough to warrant unvoting me.
Despite the fact Clasko said why he was voting Egix.
In post 43, Clasko wrote:UNVOTE: Ivyeo - They spoke; I'm happy.

S'ppose I'll poke an SE now:

VOTE: Egix96 - Hi. Feeling any town vibes from anyone? Or too soon to say, do you reckon?

I guess the above question applies to anyone who's around, really...
They just wanted you to speak, then you tried to paint it as "liking the post enough to unvote," which is atleats disengenious. It's fairer to say they didn't dislike the post. This post,
In post 172, Egix96 wrote:
In post 95, Clasko wrote:If I'm answering truthfully, from my perspective, my nerves come from interacting with 8 strangers on the internet playing a game I love, but having outdated experience in.

Also, in response to being scum-read/bad reads, whilst I feel they're inevitable in every game, yes, I am afraid of making mistakes and looking bad. I also hate offending people and try to avoid it in games I'm in at all costs.
Like, I could definitely see this being an "It's not just because I randed scum, honest!" sort of post.
Also feels like you're almost using someone who may be a bit akward and trying to phrase it in a way that makes them look scummy, though ig akwardness could be a source for a read so anjdkwahdkjaw
Ethier way, I still feel Demainer more on a gut level, on top of what Luke was sayign, especially the Night kill stuff, which very much rubbed me the wrong way, and felt like it was trying to make me defensive. Clearer mafia mindset than with Egix.

VOTE: Demainer

I'll also try to rereread for a read (god awful sentece) on the others tomorrow, for now it's 5am and I haven't slept aaaaaaaaa
^^ This whole post is just kinda eh. She's gone from townreading to scumreading Demainer without a whole lot of explanation beyond that he confidently tunnelled wheme. And then the rest of the post is setting up a scumread of egix. The effort vs where the vote goes doesn't feel great.

And that's the last real post of substance.

I come in and go from a null read to a POE scumread within a page and the comment it elicited was something about if I was going to put her at E-1. Not much interaction with my predecessor either, beyond that talk about e-1 vs e-2 and answering a question about her Demainer read. I can see Endlessdark maybe fading into the wallpaper, but I've been a loud presence and I'm kinda surprised that didn't generate more ~something~.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 418, fferyllt wrote:I come in and go from a null read to a POE scumread within a page
For clarity, I mean that I go from a null read to a POE scumread on her

Idic
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Demainer »

In post 397, Bell wrote:To me it looks like he's running on autopilot, just pushing whoever and saying whatever. He is emotionally engaged, hence why Wheme seemed to think he was "tunneled" but I just think of him as like an NPC in marioparty on a stage where they just sort of run at you to try you knock you off the platform with 0 deviation or algorithmic pathing. Like an arrow.
I've been very clear about where my suspicion lies. Please quote which of my posts point to me "just pushing whoever and saying whatever".
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Demainer »

In post 407, Bell wrote:I don't see any obvious anti-tunneling measures in Demainer's posts. SE's usually have those when they're trying.

So what do you think our scumteam is
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Demainer »

after multi isoing ivyeo and a few others, her posts are even scummier
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Demainer »

who's the second scum, is it bell or ff hmm.............
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm going to go through Luke's posts either tonight or tomorrow morning.

We're at about 37-38 hours on the clock.

Idic