Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Meuh »

Anyways we have less than a day and a half left so we should really try to hammer something at some point...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 321, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Needless to say, if i'm actually eliminated here, please put more scrutiny on Pear and In3kro.
I mean, Pear had me as top town earlier.
Do you find pear changing their read on you to be scummy?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 316, Meuh wrote:Catboi was the strongest town leader at that point though. Norwee dropped in actual leading of the game and of activity and had me less and less convinced of his innocence and had pushed on me significantly. I felt better about Pear, but they hadn't said anything in a while so they weren't actively leading either.

This setup against me, Catboi and Sama all at once makes me think Marci/Norwee as our team isn't all too unlikely :shifty:
Marci knows she can get away with pushing me with meta reasoning, so considering the pressure being put on Norwee, this isn't surprising.

Marci how are you feeling about Norwee?
Catboi isn't the "strongest town leader" imo, maybe like.. at most a townie townie, but he doesn't radiate "leader" vibes. (imo) its fine if you see him as a town leader, but i dont really so I guess thats just a difference we have.

I still feel as if norwegianboyees town, who just got disinterested due to the game going nowhere.
In post 320, catboi wrote:Why can't they be town who is townreading me correctly?
she could be, but when I think about it I don't believe it. I could always be wrong :dead:
In post 320, catboi wrote:That's an interesting point about Sama repeating opinions. Do you have other examples of this?
Huhhh im so confused, I remembered seeing it before... but now that i'm reading back..
I think it held more weight in my mind at the time, but now doesn't hold as much weight. Their very beginning of the game together.
Also when he was like
In post 143, Samawoodo wrote:in3kro D1 is starting to be kinda sus,
At the time it felt very much like a copy of others.. though I guess not strictly Meuh..? IDK why I remember these things as linked to meuh :dead: I think it's because he said that soon after meuh said "maybe slight scum lean" or something like that.
In post 322, catboi wrote:Like, if we vote out nowee or Meuh and they flip town it's going to be incredibly annoying that we removed an active contributor to the game because people were too afraid to vote a lurker.
Ahh, I didn't really think of it in this way.. I don't really think about activity levels often :dead: :dead:

Maybe I'm just tunneling meuh too much, but I'll be going to bed (soonish..? i'll be awake but not on my laptop so no more playing :( )... there'll be time tommorow right..? When I wake up, if votes aren't moving around I'll vote not_mafia with you guys. I don't think he's a good vote at all, but we do need a flip. praying I have a clearer mind tmmrw :P
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Meuh »

You will have time tomorrow, yep!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by catboi »

one last post before I go to sleep, but I really didn't like marcistar's logic in where she suggests if i'm town, meuh is scum or vice versa. It didn't really make sense to me, it establishes the premise we aren't scum teammates but then assumes one of us must be scum which isn't a given, and the whole idea that me fipping town would make the person townreading me the most suspect, rather than one of the people who'd have voted to eliminate a townie. I can sort of understand her concern with me not reacting more strongly to Meuh in but I don't really know why she didn't ask me about it directly and just put it out there as a reason to fos me, considering she'd been looking to interact with me earlier in the game I'm not sure why she takes that approach. I find all this concerning.
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 324, Meuh wrote:Also yeah Ink some more insight on your vote would be nice.
[post=#p12706998]#p12706998[/post]

I think that's enough to see my train of thought as to why I prefer norwee lynch over NM lynch.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m interested to hear why you think i wouldn’t just keep voting you or switch to N_M if i’m scum here In3kro.
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by iN3krO »

Well, I don't know how to reference posts, I wanted to reference #236

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12706998
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 331, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m interested to hear why you think i wouldn’t just keep voting you or switch to N_M if i’m scum here In3kro.
I think you are scum with catboi. You both want to stop the n3kro or catboi lynch gamestate because then you'll have a 50% chance of having 1 scum killed in D1, catboi went ahead and voted NM in 240 and you vote the guy you have been pushing all day long trying to start a NM vs Meuh lynch which is a 100% chance of killing a townie.

Only you have pushed meow and said he looked scum, trying to repeat that over and over so it would sink within the other players...
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Eh i think Catboi’s been pretty town though.
Why did you scumread Catboi?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ops wrong game.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:48 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 333, iN3krO wrote:
In post 331, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m interested to hear why you think i wouldn’t just keep voting you or switch to N_M if i’m scum here In3kro.
I think you are scum with catboi. You both want to stop the n3kro or catboi lynch gamestate because then you'll have a 50% chance of having 1 scum killed in D1, catboi went ahead and voted NM in 240 and you vote the guy you have been pushing all day long trying to start a NM vs Meuh lynch which is a 100% chance of killing a townie.

Only you have pushed meow and said he looked scum, trying to repeat that over and over so it would sink within the other players...
I think making your push reliant on the possibility of a singular scumteam isn't a great idea. The odds of any scumteam being the one in this game (with the knowledge of yourself being town) is 3.6% (1/28). I think looking for generally scummy behaviour and having several possible teams is a better route to go.

I think the theory is neat though, and you bring stuff to back it up so that's cool. :cool:
I'm not Ink, but I think mafia benefits significantly more from a town!Meuh elim than a town!N_M elim or a town!In3kro elim.
Considering your position on me throughout the day, there was no real risk to pushing on me. I was already having pressure and doubt put on me from Catboi and Marci, and several others felt null on me. You had a precedent to scumreading me (even though it seemed you stopped at some point), if anything, pushing me is beneficial in 3 ways to you:
-It sets up for a stronger elim for the scumteam.
-It makes you look more proactive, by bringing a more original idea to the table, and makes you look like you aren't following others but instead going with what you think is best.
-It's less suspicious on your end because you had a strong precedent to being suspicious of me, unlike with N_M and not many people really have much trust in me anyways.

Scum!Norwee definitely benefits from pushing on me. Does it mean you're scum? No. Does it mean that voting on me is a bit suspicious? Yes. :shifty:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 330, iN3krO wrote:
In post 324, Meuh wrote:Also yeah Ink some more insight on your vote would be nice.
[post=#p12706998]#p12706998[/post]

I think that's enough to see my train of thought as to why I prefer norwee lynch over NM lynch.
Gotcha, that makes sense!
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:01 am

Post by lendunistus »

Now seeking for a replacement for Toriiiiiiiiiiii.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:17 am

Post by lendunistus »

In post 339, lendunistus wrote:
The deadline will be frozen until a replacement is found.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:29 am

Post by lendunistus »

Newbie 2061 - Votecount 1.10

Votecount
NorwegianboyEE (2):
Pearofclubs, iN3krO
Meuh (2):
NorwegianboyEE, marcistar
catboi (1):
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia (2):
catboi, Meuh
Toriiiiiiiiiiii (1):
Samawoodo
Not Voting (1):
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate a player.

Deadline:
FROZEN

Currently seeking replacement for Toriiiiiiiiiiii

Vote historyMeuh votes Pearofclubs: Post #9
NorwegianboyEE votes Not_Mafia: Post #10
Samawoodo votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #15
catboi votes Pearofclubs: Post #45
Not_Mafia votes themselves: Post #46
NorwegianboyEE votes Meuh: Post #60
iN3krO votes catboi: Post #96
Pearofclubs votes iN3krO: Post #97
Meuh votes catboi: Post #100
NorwegianboyEE votes iN3krO: Post #125
Pearofclubs votes catboi: Post #134
catboi votes iN3krO: Post #174
Meuh votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #210
Not_Mafia votes iN3krO: Post #230
catboi votes Not_Mafia: Post #240
Meuh votes Not_Mafia: Post #242
NorwegianboyEE votes Meuh: Post #267
Not_Mafia votes catboi: Post #295
Pearofclubs votes NorwegianboyEE: Post #305
iN3krO votes NorwegianboyEE: Post #309
marcistar votes Meuh: Post #313
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:56 am

Post by catboi »

In post 333, iN3krO wrote:

I think it wouldn't have been remotely difficult to get you voted over me if that was the strategy, we could have just as easily kept voting you if that's what we wanted.

The line of thinking here does feel like a townish sort of paranoia but the terseness of a lot of your responses leaves me cold. It feels...oddly restrained.

You had stated I was too absent, but I'm not anymore, and while it took me a lot longer to get reads out than I expected, I did get them out, so I'm not actually sure why you still scumread me. Is it just the stuff about "actively trying to not look scum"?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:08 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 329, catboi wrote:one last post before I go to sleep, but I really didn't like marcistar's logic in where she suggests if i'm town, meuh is scum or vice versa. It didn't really make sense to me, it establishes the premise we aren't scum teammates but then assumes one of us must be scum which isn't a given, and the whole idea that me fipping town would make the person townreading me the most suspect, rather than one of the people who'd have voted to eliminate a townie. I can sort of understand her concern with me not reacting more strongly to Meuh in but I don't really know why she didn't ask me about it directly and just put it out there as a reason to fos me, considering she'd been looking to interact with me earlier in the game I'm not sure why she takes that approach. I find all this concerning.
huh.. maybe its not the best logic but thats what I was thinking, the way she was buddying u just didnt seem all the good imo.
do you have any questions about my logic? (:

btw how long is phase gonna be..?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 343, marcistar wrote:
In post 329, catboi wrote:one last post before I go to sleep, but I really didn't like marcistar's logic in where she suggests if i'm town, meuh is scum or vice versa. It didn't really make sense to me, it establishes the premise we aren't scum teammates but then assumes one of us must be scum which isn't a given, and the whole idea that me fipping town would make the person townreading me the most suspect, rather than one of the people who'd have voted to eliminate a townie. I can sort of understand her concern with me not reacting more strongly to Meuh in but I don't really know why she didn't ask me about it directly and just put it out there as a reason to fos me, considering she'd been looking to interact with me earlier in the game I'm not sure why she takes that approach. I find all this concerning.
huh.. maybe its not the best logic but thats what I was thinking, the way she was buddying u just didnt seem all the good imo.
do you have any questions about my logic? (:

btw how long is phase gonna be..?
When the timer got frozen I think there was a little under 22 hours left? So however much time it's gonna take to find a replacement + ~22 hours
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:12 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 344, Meuh wrote:When the timer got frozen I think there was a little under 22 hours left? So however much time it's gonna take to find a replacement + ~22 hours
ah okie ty ty
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:44 am

Post by catboi »

Also, while the deadline freeze is a welcome reprieve, I would urge that we still try to move with urgency and tr to make up for last time rather than letting things go slack again. Samawoodo should move his vote since we're not going to do Toriii while they're being replaced.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:02 am

Post by lendunistus »

In post 340, lendunistus wrote:
In post 339, lendunistus wrote:
The deadline will be frozen until a replacement is found.
T3 replaces Toriiiiiiiiiiii.

The deadline has been unfrozen and extended by 12 hours.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:08 am

Post by lendunistus »

New deadline: (expired on 2021-04-18 06:00:00)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Meuh »

I'm still thinking N_M is our best option here. We do have to make sure to have some sort of hammer though. We should all be willing to hammer anything, because not eliming anyone is pretty detrimental.