catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 671, Pearofclubs wrote:Catboi's slip is fairly damning, but I'm not sure how VFP is suspect at the moment?
Again, not a slip. Remember the ENTIRE SEGMENT OF THE DAY where T3 was asking people if they were jailer? I made the reasonable assumption based on that

For the record, as mafia here I probably counter claim a PR here to save myself. (I was trying to give off the appearance I could be by complaining about rolefishing)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:29 am

Post by catboi »

I will just issue the reminder that a mafia elim today would mean an automatic loss for scum (tracker becomes a cop, and even without a guilty they get one clear leaving two unclear with two elims). In that light, I'm not sure who you could think I'm scum with unless it's exactly T3.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Let’s go VFP actually

VOTE: VFP

catboi’s being too solvy
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:32 am

Post by catboi »

In post 436, iN3krO wrote:I'm no jailkeeper so I didn't jail a scumread.

Let's update my PoE

VOTE: SamaWoodo
In post 451, iN3krO wrote:
In post 447, catboi wrote:
In post 436, iN3krO wrote:I'm no jailkeeper so I didn't jail a scumread.

Let's update my PoE

VOTE: SamaWoodo
Why samawoodo?
He was neutral for me in D1 and clearly my reads were off so I think it's better to start there (since T3 picked up the pace compared to Tori)
eurgh. I don't know, actually. T3+VFP looks possible. I can't rule out bus voting as sometimes people play suboptimally but it seems weird that that's the route he'd go on day 2 with a doc save, unless maybe they rolecopped a PR
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 am

Post by catboi »

In post 474, T3 wrote:Sam is in the PoE but is null. We should ocus on people who have actually done scummy stuff instead.
In post 477, T3 wrote:Meuh and NM ar hard townreads. Meuh is actively contributing, giving reasons and there were quite a few bad votes on NM yesterday.
Pear is town for showing a solvey attitude and willingness to consider others POV while giving valid reasoning.
I am town becuase I am.
catboi is leanscum. It seems to me like all catboi is doing here is justifocations and excuses.
Sama has not soneanything, we wait for the replacement and see.
in3 is leanscum for the reasons outline in Meuh's post.
marci is scum for a general faked tone, questioning jailkeeper results, and fluffing without any real reads.

Sama is not a good vote for today.
okay, T3 and VFP are actually very compatible
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Samawoodo was very scummy aswell
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 677, Not_Mafia wrote:Let’s go VFP actually

VOTE: VFP

catboi’s being too solvy
Do not like this change in direction tbh. I read catboi's posts as a last ditch effort to switch the vote off of him before the hammer, and then I saw you doing just that.

When I was deciding between vfp and catboi, I stopped and through about how they handled the day if they knew that they had targeted pear, and he had lived. Is it more likely that they decided to open up the day with a hard scum read on Pear, knowing that a PR could hard clear them (VFP), and therefore make themselves suspicious for hard scum reading a confirmable town?. Or does it make more sense to strongly defend Pear, so that once pear is hard cleared, you will get the towncred for defending them (catboi)?

I personally read Catboi's defense of pear as disingenuous, and had assumed that that meant they were partners. But given the knowledge that mafia targeted pear and pear got saved, then a forced defense makes sense in that scenario too.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Meuh »

I have a hard time imagining Catboi being scummates with anyone tbh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Meuh »

Like his behaviour in isolation I can see from scum but looking at the broader scope of the game, I can't really picture Catboi as part of the mafia
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 502, catboi wrote:
In post 500, VFP wrote: is scummy. Cat boi looks to be testing the waters with this post.
I'm not sure why they don't just vote my slot before the replace in though as I read their ISO as convenient or safe. Maybe town credit here.

@Catboi
What makes NM scum possibility to you after ?
I fairly already explained why I thought he might be scum - he was merely declaring reads rather than outright voting them.

On a kneejerk level I heavily disagree with a pearofclubs vote
When VFP scum read Catboi, he immediately voiced a defense of him without reason.

And when I made my case against Pear, that he might have been making up an anecdote, his only argument was "no one does that."

He was the most vocal and frequent defender of pear, without ever giving any reasoning behind his defense. Post 482, 502, 567, 579, 602, 618, are all defense posts of pear, without ever providing a town read defense. This is what I mean when I say his defense felt disingenuous.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 683, Meuh wrote:Like his behaviour in isolation I can see from scum but looking at the broader scope of the game, I can't really picture Catboi as part of the mafia
Which is funny, because my sneaking suspicion is that it just might be you, and that your start of Day 1 completely bamboozled me.

But I would very much like to be able to spend Night 2 examining everyone's interactions with Catboi
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 684, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 500, VFP wrote: is scummy. Cat boi looks to be testing the waters with this post.
I'm not sure why they don't just vote my slot before the replace in though as I read their ISO as convenient or safe. Maybe town credit here.

@Catboi
I fairly already explained why I thought he might be scum - he was merely declaring reads rather than outright voting them.

When VFP scum read Catboi, he immediately voiced a defense of him without reason.

And when I made my case against Pear, that he might have been making up an anecdote, his only argument was "no one does that."

He was the most vocal and frequent defender of pear, without ever giving any reasoning behind his defense. Post 482, 502, 567, 579, 602, 618, are all defense posts of pear, without ever providing a town read defense. This is what I mean when I say his defense felt disingenuous.
He seems so blindly confident in his town read of pear, with nothing backing up that read. That blind confidence feels to me like he already knew Pear's alignment, and had just decided "I'm going to defend pear because of the doc save" today.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Even Pear seems to understand why someone joining into the game might see him as scum, but Catboi was not even willing to consider it?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 685, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 683, Meuh wrote:Like his behaviour in isolation I can see from scum but looking at the broader scope of the game, I can't really picture Catboi as part of the mafia
Which is funny, because my sneaking suspicion is that it just might be you, and that your start of Day 1 completely bamboozled me.

But I would very much like to be able to spend Night 2 examining everyone's interactions with Catboi
MeuhXCatboi would be a legendary team tbh, too bad I'm town :lol:
I'm still confused as to why a MeuhXCatboi team would interact the way we did on day 1 though, I openly used the word buddying to describe the way I acted towards him, scummates wouldn't really be that comfortable associating I feel?
In post 686, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 684, Lukewarm wrote:

@Catboi

He seems so blindly confident in his town read of pear, with nothing backing up that read. That blind confidence feels to me like he already knew Pear's alignment, and had just decided "I'm going to defend pear because of the doc save" today.
Hmm I can see that on a reread, yeah. Still though, even if there is a disingenuous tone to his posting about Pear, if there's no realistic scummates for him, I can't really justify this elim
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

This is where I'm at, if VFP flips town I'm looking at catboi for tomorrow, if he flips scum I'm looking at Lukewarm
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am

Post by VFP »

Regardless I'm pretty sure this is just a win.
Meuh not visiting makes them town here as they would have been visiting for either the kill or the Rolecop.
Pear being protected means town.
2 PR claims not CC.

This means we have 4 town out of 7 going into night 2.
Scum are only possible to be in me, T3, Catboi, and Lukewarm.

I don't think T3 is scum here so the pool narrows down to me, Catboi, and Lukewarm with T3 as the additional.

NM dies tonight, we have 3 town and a clear on someone. Scum flip today means that we have 4 town out of 6 players.

There's really nothing to try and solve here.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 688, Meuh wrote:there's no realistic scummates for him, I can't really justify this elim
I am not sure how you are eliminating the possibility of a [t3, catboi] team?

Without being able to do a full iso of them rn, I could see them being in a team with T3 or possibly in a team with you. (If I remember correctly Marci even floated that idea Day 1) but like I said, I do intend to do a full Iso again over the night.

So from my PoV, he has 2 possible partners, but from your PoV, he should still have 1, right? Unless I am missing something on the Catboi / T3 front
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 690, VFP wrote:Regardless I'm pretty sure this is just a win.
Meuh not visiting makes them town here as they would have been visiting for either the kill or the Rolecop.
2 PR claims not CC.

I don't think T3 is scum here so the pool narrows down to me, Catboi, and Lukewarm with T3 as the additional.

NM dies tonight, we have 3 town and a clear on someone. Scum flip today means that we have 4 town out of 6 players.

I wish I had that kind of confidence right now lol.

Is it not possible that one scum does both the rolecop ability and the kill? If so, how can you clear Meuh?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:24 am

Post by catboi »

In post 681, Lukewarm wrote:When I was deciding between vfp and catboi, I stopped and through about how they handled the day if they knew that they had targeted pear, and he had lived. Is it more likely that they decided to open up the day with a hard scum read on Pear, knowing that a PR could hard clear them (VFP), and therefore make themselves suspicious for hard scum reading a confirmable town?.
Yes, actually, pushing a doc save target to see who defends them so you can narrow down the doctor, and possibly even force them to out if enough people join you, is incredibly basic play, to write it off as something scum wouldn't do is bad WIFOM which ignores the benefits of doing so
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 am

Post by catboi »

Lukewarm is soooooooo scummy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by catboi »

In post 583, Lukewarm wrote:Meuh- Meuh was one tier up as of like 80% of the way through Day 1, like almost every post from the beginning of the day just screamed town at me, but they did fall slightly at the end of the day because they came across like they were okay with almost every elim option presented
In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 690, VFP wrote:Regardless I'm pretty sure this is just a win.
2 PR claims not CC.

I wish I had that kind of confidence right now lol.

Is it not possible that one scum does both the rolecop ability and the kill? If so, how can you clear Meuh?
Going back on a townread to paranoid WIFOM reasoning not cearing her just screems desperation to keep the available elim options open
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 693, catboi wrote:
In post 681, Lukewarm wrote:When I was deciding between vfp and catboi, I stopped and through about how they handled the day if they knew that they had targeted pear, and he had lived. Is it more likely that they decided to open up the day with a hard scum read on Pear, knowing that a PR could hard clear them (VFP), and therefore make themselves suspicious for hard scum reading a confirmable town?.
Yes, actually, pushing a doc save target to see who defends them so you can narrow down the doctor, and possibly even force them to out if enough people join you, is incredibly basic play, to write it off as something scum wouldn't do is bad WIFOM which ignores the benefits of doing so
Sorry, can't take read advice from my top scum read, maybe we can touch back on this topic in the post-game /s
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:28 am

Post by catboi »

fwiw, meuh's play mid-day 1 was screaming self-sacrificial VT
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 am

Post by T3 »

Confirmed town: marci, NM, pear
Hard town: Meuh
Me: me
Everyone else: VFP, Lukr, catboi

Luke is probably not scum with catboi. aThis leaves VFP as almost confirmed scum. VOTE: VFP
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 am

Post by VFP »

In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:Is it not possible that one scum does both the rolecop ability and the kill? If so, how can you clear Meuh?
My understanding is 1 action per player in newbies.
Unless I'm wrong here, Meuh can't be scum.