Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Forum rules
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2818, Momrangal wrote:Im not sure about Iverson being scum here. I kinda hate the position were in because we now gotta pinpoint the remaining three scum to even win
i mean what's townie abt him exactly ...

and yes it's a sucky place :/
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2819, Iverson wrote:I'm pretty sure my statement above+statements on interactions w/ flipped slots suffice to answer the first question.
i don't think so, no
In post 2822, Iverson wrote:
In post 2820, Venus Fly Trap wrote:right, he seemed to have been thinking through while u were talking to him
i'm not really sure why that's scummy hto
(or why yesterday you were calling to like 'coach' him through this process and explicilty call him *not* scum but today it's scummy either)
With this I'm throwing in the towel for the night.
>.>
In post 2824, Iverson wrote:I am fine with you thinking I am scum and request that you vote me regardless of alignment while I am gone.
that is probably where i will end up, yes
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Kismet »

help
playing alt of borkjerfkin
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2821, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2817, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i associate more activity + pushing-ness with town-you and while you were kinda like that in early game it's the sort of thing i think you have a very hard time keeping up so the read has devolved. and can u show me where you think you're being conviction-ful (i'm sure there's a real word for that but it's escaping my mind atm)
fwiw panic room is the baseline i'm going off of
My whole interaction with bulge d2 (until I doubted myself), my interaction with iverson today feels like things I would've approached with less convinction as scum

Panic room is not a great baseline because I mostly dropped off because I felt like the game was lost, but I do sometimes tend to drop off as scum
ig i don't really see the conviction. or, more accurately, there's less conviction than i would expect to see from town-you
i was under the impression that panic room was a decent example of typical-scum-infinity, esp. given divide and conquer how u kept using that as a reference for why you *weren't* scum

now you're kinda saying that isn't a prototypical scumgame?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2827, Kismet wrote:help
hi bork >.>
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Momrangal »

(Bork/notty)
(Mena/iverson)
(Vft/infinity/cakes)

I think, if scum bork and noddy have been playing an A+ town games, and i feel like Mena/ydra and Iverson.are too sloppy for associtives. To rely on hydra diss to move from NM to Bulge seems like a great way to get everyone to look at you and idk, I've liked Iverson for a large portion of the game.

Skitter and lillith though woul alao have to have been playing a great game if scum so idk
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Kismet »

mara you think both parties involved on the blitz onto bulge at the end are town?
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Kismet »

prism what happened to you being really sure ydrasse was scum at the end of yesterday
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2803, skitter30 wrote:and then the last tier i think is the best bet for hitting scum, and i think there's at least one, probably two, in there
i actually like sircakez out of all of them the best: i like his entrance today, he's p persistantly pushed for nm yesterday, and he also has anti-partner associatives with l/g
i still think mom is scummy, and am just not convinced by any of the reasons presented for townreading her
and i utterly hate everything prism has done since/including the hammer
why all this qualification on cakez? why not just move him up a tier?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2828, Venus Fly Trap wrote:now you're kinda saying that isn't a prototypical scumgame?
It's not and I don't even know what a typical scumgame of mine would be, most of my recent ones are really small. Though I think the way I played d1 in panic room is a decent representation of how I play d1s as scum

I'm not really sure how to respond to you saying it's less conviction than you'd expect me to have as scum, it felt like more conviction to me. Maybe we're defining conviction differently
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

idk that doesn't feel like the right place to put him
like he isn't part of the 're-evaluate townreads' tier but is like the best of the worst tier
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2834, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2828, Venus Fly Trap wrote:now you're kinda saying that isn't a prototypical scumgame?
It's not and I don't even know what a typical scumgame of mine would be, most of my recent ones are really small. Though I think the way I played d1 in panic room is a decent representation of how I play d1s as scum

I'm not really sure how to respond to you saying it's less conviction than you'd expect me to have as scum, it felt like more conviction to me. Maybe we're defining conviction differently
this isn't helping me stave off paranoia and i request you change tack if you can

why the flip from iverson onto dc?
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Kismet »

i gotta say cakez hit me in the townfeels
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Iverson »

Bork, notsci
Infinity

Momra, DC
VFT

Cakez

Might dig up meta to see how bushappy Momra is if I feel like it.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 29, SirCakez wrote:i've fallen for the not maf policy yeet too many times
In post 258, SirCakez wrote:
In post 154, Disaster Cartel wrote:I stg if we have to have another conversation about policy limming and why it’s worth it I will put my face through my desk given the context

-Mena
this post just doesn't make anry sense as town. why is he so opposed to this conversation? it's not like the thread was getting blown up
the "put my face through desk" comment seems like a huge exaggeration
In post 184, Disaster Cartel wrote:I have one tentative TR so fsr
he has no development of reads as stated
In post 188, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 186, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm not confident notsci is town, should I be?
Notsci is my one TR lol

-Mena
and notsci? doesn't make any sense
In post 198, Disaster Cartel wrote:I wasn’t pissed at you I was just a bit frustrated that EVERYONE was shooting it down

bc I have no baseline or any idea of who it is and that inherently makes me slightly +sus unless it’s hectic (which it apparently isn’t)

I’m not SRing them, I just feel uneasy with the slot

-Mena
uneasy but not SRing is such a cop-out

I just really hate the posting around NM and notsci
In post 334, SirCakez wrote:
In post 298, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
@cakes
In post 284, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 268, SirCakez wrote:I already made my stance on N_M clear
actually I went through your ISO and couldn’t find any “clear stance” about NM whatsoever. I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned that NM is usually town when he’s being wagoned, like in panic room. That makes me think you’re trying not to lean too hard one way or the other on an NM wagon in case it does actually go through.

re: opinion on Nacho, like I said I don’t understand how someone comes to the conclusion that NM is the most valuable elim we can make D1. I don’t buy that this is a genuine town thought process from nacho. I think it’s more likely that nacho is trying to sacrifice a buddy to an elim so that he gets to direct an NK than scum!nacho trying to miselim the LHF town!NM so that he can sacrifice someone on his team who is presumably more valuable to his team than NM is to town. why ever go after such LHF like that when you have to sacrifice a partner for it? ergo, scumbuddies.

- lilith
you're literally ignoring me, so you can stop pretending that you're trying to read me whatsoever. "waiting on Lilith to give town pings" okay well how exactly are you doing that if you're not even reading my posts, and in particular the parts of those posts that are addressed to you?

- lilith
I missed this post somehow, I always address things aimed at me.
The meta that I had where NM is town if he is being wagoned has been proven not true so I don't use that anymore.
In post 29, SirCakez wrote:i've fallen for the not maf policy yeet too many times
I guess this was not clear enough but I have 0 interest in elimming NM today.
Cakes NM stances D1.

Yesterday he kept saying that scum is probably bussing NM and used that as a reason to push me so i dont unerstand why hes suddenly (were only hunting on thebulger wagon
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2836, Kismet wrote:this isn't helping me stave off paranoia and i request you change tack if you can

why the flip from iverson onto dc?
I'm mostly trying to sort skitt but it probably isn't helpful

I still feel like iverson and salsa have been towny on play, I mostly voted iverson to try to get an explanation on the hammer

Ydrasse's bulge vote looks particularly bad given both heads' insistence on a bulge vote over an NM vote earlier in the day
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2834, Infinity 324 wrote:

maybe i need to do some homework and look at another scumgame or two of urs
but like the problem i'm having is that you made a massive thing in the last game i playe diwth town-you about how different you were playing than panic room and how utterly unreasonable i was being for attempting to scumread you there because you t hought i ought to have known that how you were playing just couldn't come from scum-you
and here you're kinda fading into the background more and kinda taking a different stance wrt this sort of meta
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 2831, Kismet wrote:mara you think both parties involved on the blitz onto bulge at the end are town?
It sounds shitty to say yes, and i know alot of people hate to scummy to be scum but ut feels so much like tthe case here
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

mom let's just say sircakez is scum
the last two voters on bulge are town
so the other scum are doing what exactly
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2841, Venus Fly Trap wrote:maybe i need to do some homework and look at another scumgame or two of urs
but like the problem i'm having is that you made a massive thing in the last game i playe diwth town-you about how different you were playing than panic room and how utterly unreasonable i was being for attempting to scumread you there because you t hought i ought to have known that how you were playing just couldn't come from scum-you
and here you're kinda fading into the background more and kinda taking a different stance wrt this sort of meta
I mean yeah I'm playing differently from divide and conquer but that game was pretty rare and you've seen me be very different in PyP and jk9++ and ss3
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2842, Momrangal wrote:ut feels so much like tthe case here
why?
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Kismet »

instead of "the right amount of scummy to be scum"
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2844, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2841, Venus Fly Trap wrote:maybe i need to do some homework and look at another scumgame or two of urs
I mean yeah I'm playing differently from divide and conquer but that game was pretty rare and you've seen me be very different in PyP and jk9++ and ss3
you were easier to see as town in the first two at this point in the game tho >.>
and i was scum in ss3 and i honestly don't remember how u played there
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2840, Infinity 324 wrote:I still feel like iverson and salsa have been towny on play, I mostly voted iverson to try to get an explanation on the hammer
and you found this satisfactory?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Watching as town fucks themselves over, and watching them willingly self destruct with slight budges in that direction?