Dogs Vs. Cats Mafia | Endgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1973, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't like this post. In general, Anya will post things I like about other players and then randomly hop her vote around. I can't help but feel like she could be picking up on legitimate reasons to scumread her buddies, saying them for towncred later, and then hopping off of the wagon so that it doesn't really go anywhere.
This is a good point and something I will consider
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez! Newly updated!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2022, SirCakez wrote:yeah brave heart is town
I'd expect Mom to be OMGUS scumreading me if she were town so I'm not sure if she's town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1975, Anya wrote:what's your proof dwlee

VOTE: Norwegian
In post 1977, Anya wrote:i wanna wrap the day up and after some deep introspection i realised i don't mind if it's the bee or the Norwegian
In post 1979, Anya wrote:what's your proof i change my vote a lot
these posts are fucking awful
In post 1991, unwnd wrote:Anya's recent posts bother me greatly

VOTE: Anya
I think this is definitely justified but I find it hilarious how Anya went from Cora to Kill so quickly
In post 1995, Brave Heart Lion wrote:Considering the speed of this game and the fact that alot of the players are stuck in catch up mode, why?
because look at what Ivy is posting when they are here
it's pretty bad
In post 1999, Farkran wrote:4. Defending beeboy for no reason? Unless you have a different experience with beeboy than the 3 or 4 people who said he's hardlurking as scum - this is not to say beeboy is certainly scum but i dislike the contrast in confidence if there's no reason to justify that
I hate how people keep saying this when Dwlee has essentially proved its not a catch-all
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2002, Farkran wrote:
In post 1948, MURDERCAT wrote:Time to catch up on 30 more pages, but I have a feeling we are just gunna yeet Titus?

Kinda a bummer tbh :/
This is also a very bad post :\

I feel murdercat is being sliding utr with little and poor content today, could we talk more about it?
In post 2003, Farkran wrote:
In post 1974, Ivyeo wrote:Alright, done rereading and add Shiro to my TRs,
Looking at Norwee as the biggest wagon, their response to being wagon'd is the only thing that pinged me in their ISO. Things like calling their wagon crappy, and just kinda discrediting it instead of looking for scum on it just doesn't feel like a towny mindset
VOTE: Norwe

Terrible jump-ins
Major mind-meld!
In post 2009, Shiro wrote:That is Shiro 101 cake, shame on you. You should have known better :u
it's been a while
and anyways I dislike other things you've posted since then
In post 2026, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2022, SirCakez wrote:yeah brave heart is town
I'd expect Mom to be OMGUS scumreading me if she were town so I'm not sure if she's town.
did you attack her? I don't remember
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Revised

Town: nero, save the dragons, dwlee, Norwegian, Fark
Nulltown: Raya, xofelf, Kaz, unwnd, kdowns, brave heart
Null: Titus, Fire, Flea, Chara
Nullscum: toadette, Shiro, Anya
Scum: ivy, andante, flow trap, murdercat, pooky
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

kinda. I expressed concern over her slot (b4 she alt slipped) in one of my lists.

also, her stuff about norway and ivy are hot garbage
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:11 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1995, Brave Heart Lion wrote:I'm referring to this. This is a fantastic case imo if its singleball but it looses its meaning if we're dealing with multiple scum teams. In order to win, one scum team would need to eliminate the other so even as scum Raya would need to, as well as be able to generate authentic reads, No?
i think there's a difference between scum who is hunting for another scumteam while hiding their own alignment and an honest townie.

also i really do not know how else to hunt if it's a genuine fact that multiball scum are going to look exactly like town because they're both actually hunting. like, one of them isn't town and has reason to lie, one of them cares most about their team not being eliminated than if a townie or a different scum gets eliminated, i just don't believe this is the case and i really do not know how else one should hunt. how are you hunting for scum here if not by looking for authenticity?

also my response to anya was about how i don't think Raya has been asking questions over content, which is what anya asserted there and the static reads thing is scummy to me in the absence of Raya signaling town. my opinion didn't change between the two posts.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I rather like Flea. my only concern is does Flea do this much energy as town. I felt like they were a bit lurky in our town games but I could be misrembering. A simple meta dive would tell me but I've haven't got around to it.

Being a general is TUFF.

Y is norway so high, ditto kaz, unwnd and kdowns?

unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:12 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1976, Dwlee99 wrote:Y'all are really trying to prove his point about the wagon composition

Why would town!Anya make this post?
In post 1977, Anya wrote:i wanna wrap the day up and after some deep introspection i realised i don't mind if it's the bee or the Norwegian
In post 1978, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay sure I get your vote (you've been flipping between a set of people that includes Norway for a while) but "what's your proof?" It feels super weird.
In post 1981, Anya wrote:i figured that wouldn't last

VOTE: beeboy
Chara I need you to validate my thoughts on Anya #2020
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

So do you agree with any of my scumreads?
In post 1999, Farkran wrote: 4. Defending beeboy for no reason? Unless you have a different experience with beeboy than the 3 or 4 people who said he's hardlurking as scum - this is not to say beeboy is certainly scum but i dislike the contrast in confidence if there's no reason to justify that

Raya could be scum
In post 2004, Farkran wrote: I agree a lot with dwlee. Although i don't scumread pooky. It is true that the town!pooky who fought me two games ago was much more active though. I might want to reassess later, but definitely far from my today's favorite lim
These don't feel like they make much sense together because I'm arguably doing the most "defending" of the beeboy slot and even did it in the post you quote.
In post 2014, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1736, Dwlee99 wrote:I have Shiro as nullscum in my head but I think a wagon there has similar issues to a beeboy elim in that we don't really get information from it. I also still think Andante is more likely to flip scum than Shiro. I also feel like Andante is anti-town regardless of alignment right now, but I might take jokes about being scum like this one unusually poorly.

-snip-

I remember one of my first threads in mafia discussion was about how much I dislike this exact kind of post.
OK so who is your optimal information yeet?
I don't really have one other than not beeboy's slot (or at least for now). I think any of my scumreads would be fine for information.
I prefer they, thanks :)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2032, Nero Cain wrote:Y is norway so high, ditto kaz, unwnd and kdowns?
is this @me?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2030, Nero Cain wrote:kinda. I expressed concern over her slot (b4 she alt slipped) in one of my lists.

also, her stuff about norway and ivy are hot garbage
hmmm this doesn't seem like it would provoke OMGUS tho you aren't even voting her
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2035, SirCakez wrote:
is this @me?
yes

Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2016, Raya36 wrote:Oops, it's once again my morning catch up before work so I'm gonna have to put this question on hold again. I'll set a reminder on my phone this time though.
i find this a more important question to answer than catching up with every post in the thread.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2032, Nero Cain wrote:I rather like Flea. my only concern is does Flea do this much energy as town. I felt like they were a bit lurky in our town games but I could be misrembering. A simple meta dive would tell me but I've haven't got around to it.

Being a general is TUFF.

Y is norway so high, ditto kaz, unwnd and kdowns?
I can high energy as town, this is currently more towards my scummeta though given i've been iso'ing players, however briefly.
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

After sleeping on it, I really don't like her responses to me last night. It all felt so awkward. People can jokingly troll like she was doing but it did not come across right to me.

I didn't have as strong of a gut reaction to the Murdercat posts as y'all so my read on him is very dependent on how he catches up. I liked his early stuff, the last few posts were kind of weird champ and so cancel it out, and I want more content from him.
Chara wrote: i find this a more important question to answer than catching up with every post in the thread.
qft
I prefer they, thanks :)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2037, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2035, SirCakez wrote:
is this @me?
yes
kdowns posts give me good vibes tonally
unwnd is trying a lot more than he did as scum recently in Fakeclaim Mafia + I think his approach to me is town
Kaz I think is really genuine and they're making a lot of foot-in-mouth posts that are getting them SRs. I didn't really grasp this earlier but they explained it and it makes sense.
Norwe I mainly dislike the way people have piled onto him and I don't really think he's made any posts that are actually scummy. I liked a few of his posts but not overwhelmingly. He could be nulltown I guess?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2020, unwnd wrote:
In post 1996, Ivyeo wrote:

Care to elaborate?
Yes

My initial read on Anya was that I liked her independence from everyone else. I felt like she wasn't forcing her own pace and didn't seem preoccupied with having to think about partners. She was saying whatever she wanted, when she wanted. I changed my mind on this however because I think her behavior became excessive, and she might've slipped up. The way she handles Dwlee had a certain aloofness that seemed forced. If you look at Anya prior to that moment, she is a bit quirky, but not so much that she'd change her vote 3 times in a span of 20ish minutes. She's always been a bit odd, and maybe playful. I think however she might suffer from sustaining her own apparent town behavior. I think to put it simply that her response to Dwlee felt like acting and none of her votes in that moment made any sense.

Another thing I didn't like is that it seemed initially she was writing up reasons to change them. Her posts about wanting to the end with Beeboy just didn't sit right to me because why of all votes do you need to validate your reason especially with how you've been treating the game. It was surprisingly self-conscious for a player who is trying their hardest to seem not to.
i was vaguely into Anya for town, and looking at the way she conducts herself this game i am still into that idea, but i would be lying if i said that toadette's read plus yours makes me less confident about this even though i don't really agree with the reasoning.

things like "not so much that she'd change her vote three times in the span of 20 minutes" seems like kind of an arbitrary line to draw for what constitutes a period of strange behavior from Anya.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Temporal Lich's Grand Idea Mafia has high-efforting as town, as does Raw, Unfiltered, uPick
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1976, Dwlee99 wrote:Y'all are really trying to prove his point about the wagon composition

In post 1978, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay sure I get your vote (you've been flipping between a set of people that includes Norway for a while) but "what's your proof?" It feels super weird.

In post 2042, Chara wrote:
In post 2020, unwnd wrote:
In post 1996, Ivyeo wrote:

Care to elaborate?
Yes

My initial read on Anya was that I liked her independence from everyone else. I felt like she wasn't forcing her own pace and didn't seem preoccupied with having to think about partners. She was saying whatever she wanted, when she wanted. I changed my mind on this however because I think her behavior became excessive, and she might've slipped up. The way she handles Dwlee had a certain aloofness that seemed forced. If you look at Anya prior to that moment, she is a bit quirky, but not so much that she'd change her vote 3 times in a span of 20ish minutes. She's always been a bit odd, and maybe playful. I think however she might suffer from sustaining her own apparent town behavior. I think to put it simply that her response to Dwlee felt like acting and none of her votes in that moment made any sense.

Another thing I didn't like is that it seemed initially she was writing up reasons to change them. Her posts about wanting to the end with Beeboy just didn't sit right to me because why of all votes do you need to validate your reason especially with how you've been treating the game. It was surprisingly self-conscious for a player who is trying their hardest to seem not to.
i was vaguely into Anya for town, and looking at the way she conducts herself this game i am still into that idea, but i would be lying if i said that toadette's read plus yours makes me less confident about this even though i don't really agree with the reasoning.

things like "not so much that she'd change her vote three times in the span of 20 minutes" seems like kind of an arbitrary line to draw for what constitutes a period of strange behavior from Anya.
I'm open to perspective on why you think Anya is town
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2033, unwnd wrote:

Chara I need you to validate my thoughts on Anya #2020
like 1975 is Anya joking about Dwlee's comment that she changes her vote too much while making another naked vote, Dwlee asks why, Anya responds that she doesn't care if bee or Norwee goes today. i think that's fine.

the vote change after 1980 is interesting though. anya, why did unwnd saying you're no longer in town core prompt a switch back to beeboy/Titus?
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 am

Post by unwnd »

Ignore those quotes I apparently didn't clear them
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2044, unwnd wrote:I'm open to perspective on why you think Anya is town
i like her reads.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:33 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 2047, Chara wrote:
In post 2044, unwnd wrote:I'm open to perspective on why you think Anya is town
i like her reads.
I was there too but I worry about her frivolousness
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Chara »

this is the only game i have with anya but that seems to be her personality. i do think your theory about the self-consciousness is interesting and i am aware i may be biased due to her Raya vote, but considering how she responded to requests for townreads from her and that the pool of players she scumreads isn't actually that large i think i can see how town Anya is playing here.

her scumpool isn't that large by my memory, at least, i could be wrong on that.