Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Forum rules
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-5
-- Abduzeedo

Infinity 324
(1): Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
(1): Infinity 324

Not Voting
(4): SirCakez, notscience, Morning Tweet, Venus Fly Trap

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: May 30, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-05-30 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- skitter30 head of Venus Fly Trap is v/la until May 18
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I didn't suddenly become immune to having emotions influence my view of the gamestate I guess
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by notscience »

For the love of god there’s more than just Bork there’s two others with similar levels of experience
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Is Venus/Infinity a viable scumteam or am I way off the mark?

(on page 6 lol)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Lol that would require some absurd scum theater
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Darn
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Who is infinity's partner
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm a bit surprised you're already scumreading me
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

me too sort of

you were second or third to defend NM and i am biased against everyone who said "No let's not policy NM"

additionally you seemed more passive like theres not a lot of SRing and more i guess normal questioning and less interesting stuff

Like from my two game baseline i think you had a push on me fairrrrlly early in royalty and i forget what happened in one night stand

as it is presently I was thinking less likely cakez/notsci scum and if i had to pick between you and disaster for one, well
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Should probably also factor in that scum is killing it this game and can leave in their very best members for the end though huh
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Good news, I do end up having some, uh, prominent scumreads this game :)
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3709, Morning Tweet wrote:Should probably also factor in that scum is killing it this game and can leave in their very best members for the end though huh
this is mostly in reference to notsci cause apparently several dead town were convinced they're town

pedit: ok fabulous
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by notscience »

I appreciate you having that much faith in my scumgsme!
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

it does go at odds with earlier in the game when u said u aren't good at going in for the long haul as scum yes
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by notscience »

Yes I did say that scum me would petter out

I was low activity d3 because I had a bunch of life Shit going on

But I’d prob still be lurking
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by notscience »

And even if I was scum bulge caught me d1 our first game back together post hiatus
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: Infinity and Mena discuss NM
In post 369, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 348, Nachomamma8 wrote:Now, if the scumteam is given the chance to safehouse NachoDaughter, then town has to kill NachoDaddy to get their three points.
Ok but as a town we can decide to elim nachodaddy anyway and it's at least based on something, and nachodaddy might even be >rand scum where as a policy on NM would not be. I don't really care about "strongest scum player", I care about being able to tell the difference between someone's townplay and scumplay
In post 370, Infinity 324 wrote:I think in a game where a bunch of people know each other the game becomes less about who is charismatic/town-looking enough to avoid the elim and more about who can give town the most doubts as to whether they are scum. By virtue of being unreadable NM is pretty good at the latter
In post 372, Infinity 324 wrote:Thanks!

And yeah I believe nacho thinks limming NM is protown, I think that much is clear. I'm much less sure he believes this cakez read though.
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 370, Infinity 324 wrote:I think in a game where a bunch of people know each other the game becomes less about who is charismatic/town-looking enough to avoid the elim and more about who can give town the most doubts as to whether they are scum. By virtue of being unreadable NM is pretty good at the latter
idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?

-Mena
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?
NM is a perfect example of why it's not, they will never look towny but you will always have doubts about whether they are scum

Nacho looks relatively towny from an Objective StandpointTM but I don't have that many doubts about him being scum
In post 402, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?
NM is a perfect example of why it's not, they will never look towny but you will always have doubts about whether they are scum

Nacho looks relatively towny from an Objective StandpointTM but I don't have that many doubts about him being scum
are you saying you SR nacho or nah?

-Mena
In post 403, Disaster Cartel wrote:Like yes, I may have doubts about whether NM is scum because he never does anything

But if you ask me to choose between someone who looks town and someone who I just don’t know if they’re scum, I’d rather lim the one who doesn’t look town like 99.99% of the time or something

-Mena
I've got two schools of thought where i think A.) scum has to do mental gymnastics to justify not voting outA NM or B.) they make somewhat of a show out of siding against NM to look better

As it was, Momrangal/Lion was not in the game. Not_Mafia was himself. Leafy shaded NM but didnt really weigh in on it directly.

Venus/Infinity openly defended whilst Mena was pretty heavily against NM.

i dont really recall notsci or cakes focusing on it too much

I find it reaaally hard to buy that no scum assisted NM at all and it was just one bus on him by Mena!scum (two busses after voting leafy). In a game where scum are gonna be dying each phase that's certainly valuable to scum though so im not really counting disaster out

Also I was kinda getting the sense Mena might just be frustrated with NM so it'd be NAI but dont know yet
In post 453, Kismet wrote:like is that really your argument? "shit i got that 10 out of 11 townreads (or somewhere in that vein), but fuck, DANGER ZONE, better play defense"
lol

I skimmed mod iso to the final VC and apparently NM wasn't even in contention by the end of the day like I thought he was so okay then moving on. The Nachomamma interactions are so long i dont really read into them super deeply but SIGH they're probably just as or more important
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 500, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:i think cakez and nm are the two scummiest slots in the game rn

i like vft/nacho/kismet to varying degrees

i have also kind of disliked infinity's push on us - there was this one part where she repeated some of the stuff i mentioned being the reasoning for me being low motivation that just felt odd

~leaf
wifom but confbiasing me into thinking cakes is town

i will admit infinity improves but that kinda makes me more unsure than anything else. Infinity's putting on a good performance

(page 22)

Might be Venus + Disaster
In post 558, Venus Fly Trap wrote:also i know ydra is gonna hate me for this but she's looking a lto more like the vs. game than, say, divide and conquer ...
objectively true
In post 560, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 558, Venus Fly Trap wrote:also i know ydra is gonna hate me for this but she's looking a lto more like the vs. game than, say, divide and conquer ...
I mean ydra just isn't posting, sometimes she just doesn't post as town.

I thought the way beeboy applied his theory to this game felt quite believable.
Also true and you might just be town

I love the name "Disaster Cartel" by the way
In post 565, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 560, Infinity 324 wrote:
I mean ydra just isn't posting, sometimes she just doesn't post as town.

I thought the way beeboy applied his theory to this game felt quite believable.
i mean doesn't she at the very least fluffpost and post about anime or ice cream or whatever as town, even if there's no content?

and for beeboy idk it doesn't really resonate with me. like i can see him posting that as either alignment

sorry cakez <3
~ skitter
This is screaming it's Venus over Infinity to me
In post 564, SirCakez wrote:Cartel little less yikes. more meh now.

VOTE: leafeon and glaceon
mmm yes continue to feed my confirm bias

i want cakes interactions with nacho to be real but also there's a chance I'm just being lazy so if we have sircakes as pretty solid consensus town let me know

So far i've been laser-beaming Infinity/Disaster/Venus while focusing less on cakes/notsci... good move or bad move?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm pretty sure VFT is town because skitt singlehandedly strongarmed the elim on mom yesterday. Since DC was likely the other option, there is some world where she's still scum with DC, but that seems very very unlikely to me still.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

My personal scumpool is DC, notsci, you atp (even though in a vacuum, I townread both your slot and notsci). I think you should at least put some effort into trying to sort notsci because he's one of the elims on the table today.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: cakes
In post 570, SirCakez wrote:If Kismet is bork that is OBVIOUSLY town
In post 447, Disaster Cartel wrote:Seems hella convenient that you’re sussing me when I’m like the only one who hasn’t been happy to rubberstamp you as town, kismet!

-Mena
This post is really shitty though and it has such a dumb and illogical implication. Who would go after someone just because they refuse to TR you? This insinuates scum motivation behind the move but that would be such a dumb scum move.
In post 476, Nachomamma8 wrote:I am bullying him because being rude to Cakez seems to be the quickest way to get him to actually address things with me - whenever I reach out or play softball he tends to glaze over what I'm saying to him.
this isn't wrong <.<
In post 487, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 373, SirCakez wrote:
In post 365, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 360, SirCakez wrote:seems like someone who felt like they had to post "content" and threw something out
i mean basically

i signed up to hydra and my partner's barely been playing

so im kinda just coasting b/c im not motivated

~leaf
what was the purpose of the post then?
to throw something out?

the reads weren't forced as in i forced myself to make reads where i didnt have any it was more that i had to force myself to read thread and get them out

~leaf
why don't you engage the game how you want to instead of doing whatever you're doing rn?
In post 490, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Leafeon and Glaceon
:D
In post 496, Nachomamma8 wrote:worse
VFT
:?: :?: :?: :?:
In post 571, SirCakez wrote:
In post 500, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:i think cakez and nm are the two scummiest slots in the game rn
this is such bullshit lol
In post 504, Disaster Cartel wrote:and no, my why on you is partially that, but moreso because I think your SR on me seems fabricated or like it’s at the very least treating me with bad faith
really dislike this
why is DC so concerned with how they are being read? the initial argument here was terrible
In post 574, SirCakez wrote:Mom/Braveheart is also #badslot btw
its still probably not cakes

In general i feel like Venus' approach to disaster/leafeon on page 23 is closer to how i'd distance than cakes approach to disaster/momrangal/leafeon there you can ask me for elaboration on that if you really feel like basically i think the leafeon/ydrasse takes are more "boring" by venus. and i do expect venus to distance

Spoiler:
In post 594, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 54, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 15, Venus Fly Trap wrote:this is weird to me, like yes we might all decide that he's the best compromise wagon today or some day or whatever, but in general i feel like we can do better, esp. on day1, esp since he just abt never has any useful interactions to sort other people with.
if we just do this early on and he's town and we flip him we just let scum jettison their weakest player, and if he's scum and we flip him we just lose our strongest player
(and honestly in most universes depending on who the scumteam is that's like ... my slot or yours)
so like
I mean if something better comes up I'm all for it but as for right now we know that we're taking an L on Not_Mafia if town eventually (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually) - if he's mafia then we have one shot and one shot only to kill him and that's right this second.

If he flips town it sucks, but if we flip any town day 1 it sucks same as usual so I don't necessarily understand the point you're making here.

And if I'm the strongest town player then we're already screwed sooo...
(im just gonna use w/e i quote as catchup to dump my thoughts into it so sorry if things are answered down the line but i simply dont care!!)

im not having the gutpings that i have when i play with skitter and i dont know if thats familiarity with her finally or she's being townier than usual, i think i've only caught her before as scum by the people around her/circumstances (divide and conquer especially) rather than through what she's posting/saying herself and otherwise usually think she feels scummy for reasons i usually can't say beyond gut so im ?? that theyre not here this time but happy (???)(read: i'm smiling and nodding while hoping this isn't the game i'm gonna get especially rolled by her)

and i quoted this post because... isn't it worse to flip nm based on policy as town than other town players who we would have to wagon? and i dont understand why we couldnt just kill him another day and why it has to be today

(i sympathize with mena wanting to kill him more probably because i know he was frustrated over nm not being elimmed in a previous game so this is probably hypocritical of me to judge the reasoning here and not yours nacho but yeah) i know it's long past but i don't think throwing everything down on nm early on is a good move and hes more like, "okay poe says he might be scum so now we should maybe do this" for me. i also have no clue how to read him and the only time i have played with him i was scum and tried to get him killed as an easy elim sooooo yeah
O so it is because of a previous game with NM dunno what to think of it
In post 600, fferyllt wrote:
Leafeon and Glaceon
(3): Disaster Cartel, Nachomamma8, SirCakez
Nachomamma8
(3): Venus Fly Trap, Infinity 324, notscience
:X hindsight is 2020 and whatever but leafeon was probably scummier than three votes tied with nacho of course

I felt Infinity's turnaround read on Leafeon on whatever page was somewhat believable but I suppose also necessary..
Spoiler: this
In post 270, Infinity 324 wrote:This still isn't the town!mist I know, beeboy still hasn't posted, eeveelutions are scum
In post 513, Infinity 324 wrote:Eeveelutions could be town
In post 512, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 507, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:well i said i don't do it as town because i just say i didn't have reads
Ok makes sense

PEdit: hmm interesting
In post 519, Infinity 324 wrote: was actually the one that made me rethink
That was pretty well-executed in my opinion if fake
In post 604, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:Infinity feels really town to me.
Unless they are very good at faking being confused and struggling to articulate reads :V

~Glaceon
Can't decide if im letting the eeveelution hydra destroy my reads via WIFOM or if they're super helpful hahaha

i will admit they're confbiasing the things i was already thinking (cakes town infinity leantown)

of course they seemed demotivated consistently so that's an easy N1 kill and then when u do that you wanna spew anti-associatives and all that, I suppose the question is when they turn on that antispew mode

Spoiler: Skitts
In post 611, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 593, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:growing more confident on cakez, i hate how he's basically trying to just push past our scumread instead of like, talking against it

makes me think he just wants to get the miselim on our slot then leave the game tonight
wut
~ skitter
In post 612, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 604, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:Infinity feels really town to me.
Unless they are very good at faking being confused and struggling to articulate reads :V

~Glaceon
she's not

~
mostly what i resigned into the hydra for is that i forgot to say earlier that i kinda dislike that the only thing nacho responded to in my post i made about/to him earlier was to discuss the prevelency of policy flips, and that he kinda ignored the rest of it

~ skitter
In post 613, Venus Fly Trap wrote:ydra this might be a weird thing to say but i feel lkike your posts are more ~constructed~ than usual
or like you're trying to effect the tone you usually have but it feels somewhat off

~
also i find it kinda interesting that just abt everyone is tr'ing the same ~3-4 slots, other than like nacho.
i'm not sure what to do with this yet but i think it's of note

~ skitter
To be fair i like these posts more than the last ones i commented on

pedit: I see, I'll make sure to do that then
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

as it is im thinking notsci's interactions with Nacho are less likely scum, like it's hard to talk to ur friends (and push them despite them pushing back on u) convincingly i suppose is how id explain that

I can understand the thought process behind the theory of Nacho trying to singlehandedly carry his team via associations after getting eliminated D1

But damn looking at Nacho's reads he had to die huh. He scumread Mom/Leafeon/NM/Disaster on one page (page 36), only incorrectly reading Bulge (WHO OF COURSE GETS ELIMED THE NEXT DAY OUT OF THOSE FIVE, WHAT). plus a 'maybe' on disaster of course but still

I am really interested to see why we're thinking about eliminating Infinity over Disaster here because presently that's not what im thinking at all
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 892, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 528, Disaster Cartel wrote:My not thinking it makes sense that I should be townread in general =/= I don’t think nacho shouldn’t be townreading me more and find it kinda weird he isn’t given that I’ve been on a similar trajectory to him but also, importantly, have gotten there on some things before him (like voting leafy). Given that I can’t just be sheeping him bc of that, I find it weird that someone who’s coming to the game from a v similar viewpoint in many ways, he doesn’t see as town
i don't like this from disaster cartel. i find it a frustrating experience as scum when i defend lynchbait (or don't push a townie who everyone is railing against) and they don't townread me back. this looks like this - i don't buy thst mena thinks we're gonna townread each other because we have similar reads
In post 894, Nachomamma8 wrote:i also have used my amazing detective skills to gleam that ydrasse is someone who is super town when they're town

and they are not that here
(cause like, yes)

and also regarding the second, maybe Ydrasse isn't always super town as town but im on a big streak of Ydrasse!scum games where she plays identical to what i have read thus far
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ftr, ydrasse's last scum game that I played with her she was incredible and didn't play at all like this. Ydrasse has a big townrange and scumrange but the way she's played this game falls much more into the scum category.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 pm