Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

For the record, my post 310 should have said I was leaning town on GuiltyLion.

I voted for hopkirk because I said voting inside the group of 6 was better
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Vanders' progression on Bingle is quite awkward

in 230 he votes marcistar, despite the fact that he claimed to believe we should eliminate in the 3p. (I still maintain that despite posting a handful of times about eliminating in the 3p, Vanderscamp did not seem to actually
care
about eliminating in the 3p, especially when most players had suggested that we shouldn't).

He then quotes Bingle posts from prior to 230, in his 231 and 233 he quotes Bingle's 212 and 219, then concludes in 235 that he thinks Bingle is scummier than N_M and that he thinks nEE is town. If that's the case, given that he thinks 3p was a better odds to hit scum and he's townreading one of the 3p, why was he voting elsewhere? I called this out in my post 236 and got a very short 238 in reply, which I didn't sense Vanders genuinely believed given that he spent more time discussing Bingle than marcistar.

Then the progression from question -> I don't like your answer -> vote (in 255, 262, 263) feels like where the decision to bus comes in. Despite scumreading and voting (!) Bingle, Vanders claims he got "nothing" out of Bingle v Hopkirk in 329 - I feel a townie who was voting Bingle as their primary SR there would have had more to say.

I also still agree with my own 469 and I don't think Vanderscamp understood my point nor addressed it in a satisfying way. My point wasn't that he wasn't aware of the pools once he posted, my point was "I was gonna say it's not S-S until I
remembered
[emphasis mine] it couldn't be" betrays a lack of critical thought or care about the pools when analyzing interactions. I haven't once forgotten who was in which pool this game, because it's centrally important to determining who scum is. Vanders post implied that he did, which I find hard to believe coming from town.

I also think Bingle's openwolf 477 may have been meant to scare us away from a Vander wagon.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We're in a situation where one of n_m/norwegianboy dies tonight, if we miselim then the other dies the next night, leaving us at 5 alive with no clears on day 3

If we had miselimed inside of the group of 6 first, mafia have to choose between narrowing down the pool of 3 anyway (making it easier to solve, but remaining neutral with the above choice) or eliminating in the group of 6 (which makes the overall game easier). If they night kill in the group of 6 we end up in a situation where there's 5 alive and 1 clear on day 3.

So yes, saying "it's better to elim scum day 1 for sure" is incorrect
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 100, Dunnstral wrote:I voted for hopkirk because I said voting inside the group of 6 was better
I meant more along the lines of why were you voting your scumread's primary scumread, but I think not understanding that is vaguely townie
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I wasn't considering bingle

I said I thought it was lukewarm or hopkirk in the group of 6, and lukewarm's posting right before I said that made me feel better about them so I swapped to hopkirk

I'm not sure if hopkirk is the most likely anymore but I don't think it's impossible for bingle to have been bussing for associates considering there wasn't that much pressure, especially becofre I moved my vote off of luke who had around 5 votes
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I am not sure if actually having a real back and forth, and presenting cases like 101, in this chat is the best idea, because our confirmed townie for tomorrow won't be able to see it
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I can just copy 101 in the main thread, I want you all thinking about it and engaging with it now
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Thats cool. I just did not want you and dunn to keep building up a back and forth without thinking about our confirmed townie

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'd rather scum be forced to start giving reads now before they know how confirmed town feels
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 96, marcistar wrote:
In post 95, Lukewarm wrote:Wait. Just checked, and he had 29 posts in Day 1, and 115 posts Day 2

So maybe it is a day 1 thing for him?
ahh thats okay then ^.^ lets wait until hes here to carry us :good: :good:
Dunn never showed up to carry :sob:

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Are you guys waiting for me?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:37 am

Post by marcistar »

i always forget to check here oooof :cool:
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Still waiting for Dunn tbh
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Marci, once this game is over, do you think that you are going to go back to the newbie queue as an SE, or try out more of these varied setups?

marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 113, Lukewarm wrote:Marci, once this game is over, do you think that you are going to go back to the newbie queue as an SE, or try out more of these varied setups?
if it ends fairly soon ill prob go full afk for a few weeks while i speedrun my final projects & hs graduation process
Spoiler:
hopefully these grad stuff go as planned

-
otherwise, maybe a mix of both?
im so so much more confident in the newbie queue than in this game :cry:
but then like, i need to try to get better ykyk? and even tho the outside of newbie queue is scary, i think i just need to suck it up and have a bestie play alongside me as well.
Spoiler:
am too shy to do it alone :cry:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 114, marcistar wrote:
In post 113, Lukewarm wrote:Marci, once this game is over, do you think that you are going to go back to the newbie queue as an SE, or try out more of these varied setups?
if it ends fairly soon ill prob go full afk for a few weeks while i speedrun my final projects & hs graduation process
Spoiler:
hopefully these grad stuff go as planned

-
otherwise, maybe a mix of both?
im so so much more confident in the newbie queue than in this game :cry:
but then like, i need to try to get better ykyk? and even tho the outside of newbie queue is scary, i think i just need to suck it up and have a bestie play alongside me as well.
Spoiler:
am too shy to do it alone :cry:
Congrats about Graduation!

Just wanna make sure you stick around, you are a fun person to play with :)

Spoiler:
and also scary good as scum imo

marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 115, Lukewarm wrote:Congrats about Graduation!
thanks, imma cry tho like LWHFDNCSHD- theres so much stress and stuff that im just praying itll all turn out alright
i have plans but like my teacher better not fail me or else i have beef with her :roll:
In post 115, Lukewarm wrote:Just wanna make sure you stick around, you are a fun person to play with :)

Spoiler:
am i actually? i feel like alot of people hate my style SMSMSK
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 116, marcistar wrote:
In post 115, Lukewarm wrote:Just wanna make sure you stick around, you are a fun person to play with :)

Spoiler:
am i actually? i feel like alot of people hate my style SMSMSK
I would much rather everyone have a unique style then everyone posting the exact same way. Would be more boring that way.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Also, can you drop your hopkirk town case in here before the new day starts?

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 8:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't feel good about this game anymore

Lukewarm/Hopkirk what do you think of marci's reply to me? idk if scum her gives me that "pls don't be mad" type of reply, but maybe I'm a sucker for the AtE? And I don't get the flip back to being okay with me scumreading her

I'm still confident we win if marci/vanders are the other two elims (I still think it's stupid that Vanderscamp claims he doesn't need to read here and that excuses him from offering any content over the night phase or participating in this subset of dialogue with the rest of us), but idk if y'all can trust me enough and frankly I am having a real hard time feeling good about a definitive call either way with those two.

Luke, I see your argument that Bingle torpedo'd his own Hopkirk push, but I felt he did that right as Vanders was getting pressure, which to me increases Vander scum!equity, not Hop. I really don't think Bingle would have had enough control over the gamestate to avoid the possibility of us eliminating Hopkirk yesterday and I really think it's tinfoil hat thinking to be having Hop as top suspect. I'd definitely re-evaluate and not rule anything out if he lived to F3, but it just does not feel like the most likely pairing at all to me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 119, GuiltyLion wrote:Luke, I see your argument that Bingle torpedo'd his own Hopkirk push, but I felt he did that right as Vanders was getting pressure, which to me increases Vander scum!equity, not Hop. I really don't think Bingle would have had enough control over the gamestate to avoid the possibility of us eliminating Hopkirk yesterday and I really think it's tinfoil hat thinking to be having Hop as top suspect. I'd definitely re-evaluate and not rule anything out if he lived to F3, but it just does not feel like the most likely pairing at all to me.
Looking back at the thread, in the two pages leading up to Bingle tanking his own push, me and dunn both stated our sr's on Hopkirk, and norwee, you, and marci all voted vanders.

I think that bingle's stopped both of those pushes from ever happening.

I am more then happy to include Vanders in the list of people Bingle saved day 1, I just do not want everyone to hard clear hopkirk based on Bingle pushing him.

I am not even 100% sure that I have Hopkirk as my number 1 choice to vote out,

I saw a case for scum hopkirk, and I built it and pushed hard to see how everyone would respond. I often present myself as more sure of the things that I am pushing then I really am.

As for reactions, I did not like hopkirks response. If anything his response caused me to take the case more seriously.

I did however like Marci's response. I have moved marci back into the town bin, and regret ever letting myself poe myself down to a vote there.

marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:29 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 118, Lukewarm wrote:Also, can you drop your hopkirk town case in here before the new day starts?
I forget where exactly I started thinking it, but I realized that his replies didn't really seem off.. like when i took a step back and just looked at how he interacted with other people, it seemed like hes a townie (if im understanding him and his style right..) its like a vibe read but more advanced than my viberead i had on dunnstral :cool:
Spoiler:
in the main thread
-even tho i don't quite understand the post 307 doesn't really seem like it has any bad intentions, and it just seems like townie questioning something.
-356 his thingy on u seems genuine (like he wants to solve u)
-372, thats alot of work he put in there.. i don't think scum would've done that.

In post 120, Lukewarm wrote:I am not even 100% sure that I have Hopkirk as my number 1 choice to vote out,
bestie give the top 4 reasons for each person in this neighborhood to be scum in ur opinion :oops: :oops: