JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 622, orctin wrote: Seriously - Are you overlooking the fact that if i had wanted to i would of hammered Micc back on post 64 and been done with him. But i preferred to allow him the chance to defend himself - it was only after he had time to post and talk that i decided he didn't give me cause to not believe him so i voted for him. I made my intentions perfectly clear. Then had to listen to the silly Dum trap post scam as if someone couldn't keep up with the voting and see what's going on.

It was after the Dum scheme that the attack on JV started up. So if you want to look for a scum pair - i suggest you start there. The original intent of their play was to push on me then thru Dum but somehow JV became the target afterward and it ballooned from there is what i seen. Fizz had poor defense of himself, it was general town consensus to eliminate him, I agree with town. Yes it was a bad vote but that's not on myself there.
"
So if you want to look for a scum pair - i suggest you start there.
"

But that isn't where you are focusing?
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:51 am

Post by navigatorv »

Just a quick heads up, I'm gonna be a bit busy the next few days so imma take a V/LA until Sunday. I'll do my best to catch up then and hopefully be more active starting Monday
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by orctin »

Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.

VOTE: Dum

Yea i've been reading Dum as scum ever since the whole trap post thing. I been allowing others to lead things as i got distracted for a couple days IRL and had lost the vibe of the game so had to reel it back in. You guys want a "put a name up and stick with it approach" - there you go - Dum been top of the scum board for me for most the game, so let's put the cookies where they go and see what lands then.

Seems everyone here is all about you have to be always on someone instead of trying to read the game and all the people, which to me is a bad way to play the game. We're in a game where it's basically he said/she said, no info and everyone just trying to push on someone and gauge their reactions to finding scum. I've played one other game here, and this one there and both games i've seen how it's a push till they break mentality setup which to be honest isn't really a fun style of game so probably my last of these as i just dont enjoy it. Heck if someone makes a joke people try to overread it.

And as i've noted - i had JV town read most the game - but i was open to looking at what others were saying to see if i was incorrect in my thoughts. Am i wrong there, no idea, but i do enjoy seeing the sudden push to flip it to me. Hopefully it helps others with there reads.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:09 am

Post by catboi »

Right, fully caught up. I tend to play loose in my catchups and not take detailed notes (and in this case, I wasn't even sure I'd be playing in the game until I was halfway through) so this is going to trend more toward a summary than responding to specific posts for the most part.

I've got a very strong town read on
navigatorv
. For a new player, the surest towntell is actually scumhunting, and I see that quite a bit in naviagatorv's posts, there's a ton of analyzing and trying to look for suspect things, stuff like them going back and rereading the game on their own and posting notes on everyone just to try to get a fresh perspective/look for things they missed speaks to a very proactive mindset, I'd be extremely impressed if they were able to play like this as scum in what is apparently their first game ever. I also felt like is the type of post that is far more likely to come from newbie town, the "eliminate me if you have to" mindset and the willingness to self-sacrifice is indicative of a townie who doesn't think them dying will be harmful, scum don't tend to make that play on the off chance someone calls their bluff and as I said, since this is navigatorv's first game I wouldn't expect them to be making that sort of gambit, especially since there wasn't that much in the way of actual pressure on them at that point in time.

I've also got a town read on
JamesTheNames
. There's a lot of digging at people and trying to spot out contradictions in their reasoning, there again seems to be a decent level of depth of thought here I would expect would be very difficult for a newer player to fake. Even the stuff where he finds reasons to suspect other players more but gets hung up on the idea of a JV/Dum team feels like the type of thing a newer town player does, where they get overly caught up in theorizing based on pre-flip associatives. That type of theorizing isn't good because it can often lead you down false paths that get busted up if you're wrong on a single read, but I understand the temptation, I still get into doing it myself from time to time even though I should know better. Still, the mindset itself is geared toward scumhunting I think, and were he actually just trying to push a bad case as scum I'd expect something more along the lines of calling two people individually scummy and then trying to find reasons to pair them together, rather than what he did, which was call certain people scummy but go against those reads because he thought he'd found a team that made sense. I also think him backing down and re-evaluating on his JV tunnel is townie, before I replaced in he'd have had ample cause to continue pushing JV and the refusal to do so looks like a genuine read shift rather than a tactical one.

full disclosure: I started skipping some of his posts that were colored in replies inside quote tags. That type of formatting is incredibly hard to read and I would advise finding a way to reply to people that's more readable, as most players are incredibly likely to tune out that sort of exchange. I might go back to those parts at some point if I feel they're pertinent but for now I'm comfortable enough slotting him as town based on his other posts.

I've got a weak town read on
Dum
, owed more or less entirely to his weird E-1 gambit, as it seems entirely like the sort of bizarre off the wall play a new player tries to catch scum, I wouldn't expect a newer player to make such an attention-grabbing play solely as an attempt to get townread when it's far more likely to get them attacked for being weird (as mostly happened here). It's also entirely dependent on someone being unaware enough to try to hammer without actually checking to see if it's E-1, and as scum there would be much less reason to expect any townie would try to vote micc while ignoring dum's bolded underlined statement about E-1, just to fall into his "trap". So I lean much more toward it being a genuine attempt at a fancy play from town rather than a scum trick, as I'd expect the play of a newer scum player to be much less complicated

Otherwise the slot has been inactive/afk (and is well past due for a prod, which I messaged the mod about), so I wouldn't call this a fully confident townread owing to lack of content but I've not really much interest in voting here at all.

I'm null leaning towards scum on
NinjaStore
. When reading through his posts didn't make a strong impression on their own, some of getting worked up about an early E-2 felt like it could be overcautious newbie town who gets too worried about things that are standard play, but that's not a strong read. Some of his analysis trends toward the questionable side, is mainly concerned with drawing associations between people, but unlike with what James was doing, he seems to not actually get around to many reasons why this is actually scummy? he's mainly attacking navigatorv for saything they don't mind if they're eliminated, which isn't scummy but is the sort of thing i could see a newer scum player picking on. the rest of it is just drawing harmless associations and saying they could be teamed? the immediate back down in because navigator started wall posting doesn't sit quite right either, it feels like he realized the target he picked was too difficult to tangle with and went with the easier vote on micc at the time, the way he says "It doesn't exonerate you" feels like an unwillingness to relinquish the scumread there, although he does concede to navigator looking townish later. after that he gets somewhat light on analysis, he contributes shade on fizz raab in by attacking her for defending herself, and attacks JV in for "interesting tone" and a fairly innocuously worded phrase.

That being said I
could
see this being the work of a newer player who's not used to forming reads as town and ends up overly focused on sort of trivial bits of language so this doesn't feel like a slam dunk read but the overall level of scumhunting doesn't feel very strong.

I'm ambivalent towards
humaneatingmonkey
. I couldn't necessarily point to anything he said that was glaringly bad but his overall play felt a bit sideliney and geared toward targets that were either lhf or blatantly self-destructing. I had him as a pocket scumread coming into the game because some of his posts with regard to orctin felt rather shifty and he seemed to be minimizing attention on orctin while directing people's focus elsewhere, but I don't want to get too deep into preflip associatives. about Dum is a bit of a head scratcher because he seems to be implying it's scummy for Dum to have fallen off in activity, rather than just being a case of someone not having enough time for the game. The townread on ninjastore today is a bit of a headscratcher as well in how loose/easy it is, feelsa disproportionate level of confidence for the reasoning behind it. Didn't like the way he was pushing JV but I sort of expected scum-him to continue tunneling me on my entry to the game if I presented myself as a threat but he agreed with me on orctin pretty quickly, he's either town or a very pre-emptive busser. I guess ultimately my feeling is while there's maybe only a few spots in his posting that strike me as odd there isn't anything I would say is necessarily obvtown and out of the scum range of an experienced player.

I've got an incredibly strong scumread on
orctin
. To start off, his which got read as "helpful" is pure information over analysis, he's simply describing every other player but makes no conclusions toward anyone's alignment. I hate to bring up since it was discussed so much, but that post really did look quite bad. so much of orctin's defense after that post was that he
could
have hammered Micc earlier and didn't, but...he never actually addresses whether 111 was meant as a hammer? And the thing is, the way it's written, it absolutely
looks
like it was intended as a hammer - he says he's given enough time and starts talking about micc's flip, which very strongly implies he thought the flip was going to happen after that post. additionally, he says he "sat back long enough" after the post where he could have hammered micc but is still not seeing him as town, but...only one IRL day passed between and . Micc only posted a handful of times. orctin didn't try to question him at all. There's basically no indication orctin cared or was trying to figure out Micc's alignment. the defense that he could have hammered earlier doesn't hold water either, hammering on page 3 the second someone got run up would get you autovoted day 2 and orctin absolutely knows this, he was just making a show of holding back.

is his next significant reads list, and...it's also not very good? he drops a few town reads without reasoning, and then the rest is simply...describing what people are doing. The closest he gets to a scum read is ninja, I guess? but his reasons are just that ninja's following the train of thoughts of other people. fizz is "reactive" and "finding place to slip in with others". He makes a comment that james and nav are going against each other but doesn't actually conclude anything about james's alignment. Ultimately, he just votes fizz because fizz is the default wagon, he never really gives good reason for scumreading her at all, just says he's okay with going there.

The opener to today () is also bad, it reads entirely like play by play commentary where he's just describing things that are going on and drawing basically no conclusions from it. The readslist in , as previously described, is extremely scummy because orctin is seemingly leaving himself open to vote anyone and contradicts his own reasoning within his list - it reads like he's making it up as he goes along rather than having genuine thoughts on the game.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:11 am

Post by catboi »

hnnnnnnnnnnng it feels good to make a wallpost~

VOTE: orctin
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:24 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

mm
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:25 am

there's something wrong here that I can't put into words yet
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:26 am

tomorrow's a busy day for me so probably no mafia. i have to prepare. good night!
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:45 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 627, orctin wrote:Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.
And as i've noted - i had JV town read most the game - but i was open to looking at what others were saying to see if i was incorrect in my thoughts. Am i wrong there, no idea, but i do enjoy seeing the sudden push to flip it to me. Hopefully it helps others with there reads.
Correct me if I am wrong, is your entire issue with JacksonVirgo's slot the fact they got replaced?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:49 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 628, catboi wrote: full disclosure: I started skipping some of his posts that were colored in replies inside quote tags. That type of formatting is incredibly hard to read and I would advise finding a way to reply to people that's more readable, as most players are incredibly likely to tune out that sort of exchange. I might go back to those parts at some point if I feel they're pertinent but for now I'm comfortable enough slotting him as town based on his other posts.
Sorry about that, this is the first forum I've been on with coloured text options, I'll try to make things clearer in a different way for future posts.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

Dum has approximately three hours left to pick up his prod before replacement.

Vc incoming, as soon as I finish tackling the wild growth formerly known as my front lawn.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 633, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 627, orctin wrote:Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.
Correct me if I am wrong, is your entire issue with JacksonVirgo's slot the fact they got replaced?
What?? what part of i have had JV Town Read most the whole game doesn't make sense??? I wasn't the one who had issues with him, and been harping on him most the whole game.

I noted i was open to relooking at it because of others opinion and if i took his frustration as a scum play along with his opt out - did he opt out cause he had given up fighting against some of yall and felt he wasn't going to win in the long run as scum.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 636, orctin wrote:
In post 633, JamesTheNames wrote:
What?? what part of i have had JV Town Read most the whole game doesn't make sense??? I wasn't the one who had issues with him, and been harping on him most the whole game.

I noted i was open to relooking at it because of others opinion and if i took his frustration as a scum play along with his opt out - did he opt out cause he had given up fighting against some of yall and felt he wasn't going to win in the long run as scum.
In post 596, orctin wrote:Jackson - at this point i'm looking at changing my opinion of him - I played game with him prior to this so had bit of bias to liking the player - but the frustration tactic day 1 to back off the attacks on themselves then the looking to opt out make me think we have a scum who basically have given up defending themselves now
Orctin, is there a game where you aren't scum here?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

I'm waiting for the vote count, I don't want to be really stupid and hammer when I want him at E-1.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by orctin »

So me reading JV town most the whole game but as things unfold and stuff happens i start to question that read makes me scum??

Well if you eliminate me going to be an interesting next day for rest of yall trying to figure out how a scum push went thru so easy. Jv was suspect - he gets swapped and there's a sudden change of momentum to who's scummy. Quite a twist there i have to admit.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 639, orctin wrote:So me reading JV town most the whole game but as things unfold and stuff happens i start to question that read makes me scum??

Well if you eliminate me going to be an interesting next day for rest of yall trying to figure out how a scum push went thru so easy. Jv was suspect - he gets swapped and there's a sudden change of momentum to who's scummy. Quite a twist there i have to admit.
Not once did I say you changing your mind or questioning the read makes you scum. I think you're scum from a combination of this really weird flaking and the hypocritical things I've picked up on.
I simply asked if my understanding on why you are suspicious of JacksonVirgo was a correct interpretation. I'm sure you'd agree that was a fair question?
You aren't giving us reads you're giving us vague summaries. You then go on about just how bad it would be if you were eliminated, completely giving up on providing a defense for yourself for some reason, falling close to what you are suspicious of JacksonVirgo for doing, giving up on a defense. You randomly ended day 1, didn't even express intent, gave no justification for it either. You say JacksonVirgo is town read there. Once the game becomes convenient for you to focus JacksonVirgo, all of a sudden, you jump onto him.

Orctin you're a Scum member.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-2

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate.

Catboi(1): NinjaStore
NinjaStore (1): JamesThenames
Orctin (2): humaneatingmonkey, catboi
Dum (1): orctin

Not Voting (2): navigatorv, Dum

The deadline for day two is set at (expired on 2021-06-07 16:54:38)

Replacing DUm......
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

UNVOTE: NinjaStore
VOTE: Orctin

E-1
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 639, orctin wrote:
Well if you eliminate me going to be an interesting next day for rest of yall trying to figure out how a scum push went thru so easy.
Is this not a scum slip or am I misinterpreting "scum push"?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 634, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 628, catboi wrote: full disclosure: I started skipping some of his posts that were colored in replies inside quote tags. That type of formatting is incredibly hard to read and I would advise finding a way to reply to people that's more readable, as most players are incredibly likely to tune out that sort of exchange. I might go back to those parts at some point if I feel they're pertinent but for now I'm comfortable enough slotting him as town based on his other posts.
Sorry about that, this is the first forum I've been on with coloured text options, I'll try to make things clearer in a different way for future posts.
No problem, Fushi~

Part of the learning experience for newbie games is learning how to communicate effectively, and that includes formatting your posts in a legible way. While a dedication to comment on literally everything is admirable, prolonged back and forth quote stripes between two people will tend to quickly get tuned out by most people in games because they won't have the patience for it. I personaly feel it's okay to reply in a block rather than responding to every line individually, although you should do what works best for you.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 644, catboi wrote:
In post 634, JamesTheNames wrote:
No problem, Fushi~

Part of the learning experience for newbie games is learning how to communicate effectively, and that includes formatting your posts in a legible way. While a dedication to comment on literally everything is admirable, prolonged back and forth quote stripes between two people will tend to quickly get tuned out by most people in games because they won't have the patience for it. I personaly feel it's okay to reply in a block rather than responding to every line individually, although you should do what works best for you.
I've tried a few things as you may have seen, and I did eventually give up on the huge quote walls.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 643, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 639, orctin wrote:
Well if you eliminate me going to be an interesting next day for rest of yall trying to figure out how a scum push went thru so easy.
Is this not a scum slip or am I misinterpreting "scum push"?
I think he's trying to imply the wagon on him is being pushed by scum. It's not a slip, but it's a weak appeal to emotions that doesn't really sway my opinion on orctin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 642, JamesTheNames wrote:UNVOTE: NinjaStore
VOTE: Orctin

E-1
UNVOTE: Orctin
I may be completely overthinking this, but if I were scum in the position Orctin is in I'd self vote so my scum partner couldn't make any mistakes regarding who they vote/ don't vote for, and why/ why not they voted for who they did.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

If Orctin flips red, I think I'll be the most suspicious of Dum, because of the whole gambit shenanigans.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't see that ever being a play between teammates in a newbie game o(^・x・^)o