catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 765, unwnd wrote:I urge the people I've talked about to look at these posts because while they are for me, I break through my own catch-up to ask things and inquire about topics that I'd like to see others inquire about.
Spoiler tagging posts is a surefire way to get me to skip them and the way you've formatted them makes it incredibly hard to read. What are you even doing? You know how to format a post better than this. At least include the links.
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by NinjaStore »

In post 720, catboi wrote:
In post 717, NinjaStore wrote:catboi's actions look scummy for reasons completely unrelated to anything JacksonVirgo did. Any player entering the game when catboi did and making that push against orctin would be making what looks to me like a scum play.
Why does it have to be a scum play? What do you think a town player who replaces into a slot under suspicion would do? Why couldn't I be town with a legitimate read that I'm trying to push?
It was a good time to slip in when there was just starting to be heat on orctin.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 775, catboi wrote:
In post 765, unwnd wrote:I urge the people I've talked about to look at these posts because while they are for me, I break through my own catch-up to ask things and inquire about topics that I'd like to see others inquire about.
Spoiler tagging posts is a surefire way to get me to skip them and the way you've formatted them makes it incredibly hard to read. What are you even doing? You know how to format a post better than this. At least include the links.
I'm lazy though. Are they really that hard to read? I write them up in a separate notepad and then just post them when I'm done. That's why you never see me direct linking lol
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 776, NinjaStore wrote:
In post 720, catboi wrote:
In post 717, NinjaStore wrote:catboi's actions look scummy for reasons completely unrelated to anything JacksonVirgo did. Any player entering the game when catboi did and making that push against orctin would be making what looks to me like a scum play.
Why does it have to be a scum play? What do you think a town player who replaces into a slot under suspicion would do? Why couldn't I be town with a legitimate read that I'm trying to push?
It was a good time to slip in when there was just starting to be heat on orctin.
That does not adequately answer the questions I asked. Please try again.
In post 777, unwnd wrote:
In post 775, catboi wrote:
I'm lazy though. Are they really that hard to read? I write them up in a separate notepad and then just post them when I'm done. That's why you never see me direct linking lol
the [post] tag only takes two mouse clicks, one to highlight, and one to hit the button.

But, enough of my quibbles. I'll leave you to your business.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 596, orctin wrote:Jackson - at this point i'm looking at changing my opinion of him - I played game with him prior to this so had bit of bias to liking the player - but the frustration tactic day 1 to back off the attacks on themselves then the looking to opt out make me think we have a scum who basically have given up defending themselves now

Dum - I've been leary about Dum since game started - the whole Hammer trap he tried to play was just a bad play, and moreso when i had clearly made my position known before then and it was obvious there was no trap as the votes had been posted - this was a weak attempt to make me appear as if i was just trying to do something that i had already shown not to do - end day early.

HEM - aggressive player, just goes right out after people, attacking and going after reads which seem to be singular minded but strong played in your positions. If i were to look for scum tells here i would have to put HEM and James together in a pairing where they counter each other at points to keep the unpaired appearance. I would think the quick Voting HEM does is also bad, as could be a scum tell to be the early person on a vote, see if it hold ground by trying to get others to go along with it and so as to not appear as a late comer to the train.

James - for the most part i read as town, I like his questioning nature to look at things first to form an opinion. I haven't seen a pairing yet with him but that would basically make him a good pairing with myself if i were looking at scum read pair from outside the looking glass.

Nav/Ninja - Nav - i think here's a high likelyhood of pushing the scum look on a player gameplay, that again i was biased to as i played with before (JV), to push him to that breaking point some people have. Nav is playing the excellent townie role, and have most people believing he's town, which if most people think one thing it's the job of the last person to ask if it's true, i wonder if there is perhaps a great scum player lurking here. Ninja - This the Ying to Nav's Yang - Ninja is thoughtful - looking at Both HEM and JV and trying to read between the lines of the two of them looking for those clues others might of missed. But overall i think Nav/Ninja seem to both fit in the same mold here. I would think if JV flips Town - one of the two of them is scum.
In post 757, orctin wrote:
In post 714, catboi wrote:No, those literally mean the exact opposite, ninjastore - orctin in his reads list was reading James as town and said "I haven't seen a pairing yet with him", which seemingly implied he had no viable partners. The explanation he gave after being questioned on this is the exact opposite of that. How are you pretending not to see this?
What Ninja said was exactly what i meant and stated - I didn't say James was town, i was noting that a partner to him would not have to be Monkey, but could be multiple people because of how playstyle and voting goes.
In post 755, Super wrote:I kinda respect the fact Ninja was voting Micc all up until the end - and then him dying just doesn't make much sense to me from a Ninja scum perspective
This i agree with as well - and something i hadn't brought up - Micc was scum read by a couple people - for him to die, as Johnny, flipping town seemed odd as "Why kill him?" He was clearly going to be a player drawing interest and attention, so why eliminate a player that basically helped a scum player
You kind of did say "James was town".
"for the most part i read as town"
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

EBWOP catboi beat me to it, I for some reason didn't get that in the "posts made while making your post" bit when you click preview.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by orctin »

The whole game i had said i felt JV was town - So stick that in your "zero town reading pipe" and smoke it. Really getting irritating when people take what i say and twist it around cause they are so one dimensional in their thinking

How bout you read all of what i say and not just take 1 sentence as the whole meaning - in that post i was looking at pairs -

I had started directly above that line that i could see a HEM/James pair and why - or are you just blind to reading what you want to to help your arguments?

I then looked at it from just a James position - and yes i could see him "mostly" as town - But just because i think someone might be town - doesn't make it so - and if it's not so then who would he pair with. I was simply noting i didn't have a good idea of who would be a good pair with him, if he was scum and Monkey was town. As i know i'm not scum i didn't put much weight into it - but it doesn't mean i just give him a pass - i don't give anyone a pass - It's part of the game cause the best scum player will be the most town looking player out there. I refuse to be one dimensional and not suspect everyone of playing scum well

VOTE: catboi
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 781, orctin wrote:The whole game i had said i felt JV was town - So stick that in your "zero town reading pipe" and smoke it. Really getting irritating when people take what i say and twist it around cause they are so one dimensional in their thinking
Okay, but you're clearly not townreading his sot now. This is very selective! The fact is your readslist from earlier today gave you an excuse to vote almost anyone and that felt like it was not coming from the mindset of someone who needs to find mafia to win the game.
In post 781, orctin wrote:I had started directly above that line that i could see a HEM/James pair and why - or are you just blind to reading what you want to to help your arguments?
I mean, no, that was specifically pointed out right after I posted your readslist and I commented on it, so obviously I've noticed. The fact is it's contradictory with what you said after , and none of your explanations are satisfactory. You just keep saying that wasn't what you meant and constantly invent new explanations for what you were saying that don't really seem to make sense and it's very tiresome to deal with.

Whatever, this is scum flail. I'm not going to throw myself into a prolonged 1v1 here.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 781, orctin wrote:The whole game i had said i felt JV was town - So stick that in your "zero town reading pipe" and smoke it. Really getting irritating when people take what i say and twist it around cause they are so one dimensional in their thinking

How bout you read all of what i say and not just take 1 sentence as the whole meaning - in that post i was looking at pairs -

I had started directly above that line that i could see a HEM/James pair and why - or are you just blind to reading what you want to to help your arguments?

I then looked at it from just a James position - and yes i could see him "mostly" as town - But just because i think someone might be town - doesn't make it so - and if it's not so then who would he pair with. I was simply noting i didn't have a good idea of who would be a good pair with him, if he was scum and Monkey was town. As i know i'm not scum i didn't put much weight into it - but it doesn't mean i just give him a pass - i don't give anyone a pass - It's part of the game cause the best scum player will be the most town looking player out there. I refuse to be one dimensional and not suspect everyone of playing scum well

I'll do this for the sake of it.
In post 374, orctin wrote:so far i had a town read on you and would only vote to elim you if it was a general concensious of the group.
In post 578, orctin wrote:I had read jackson town during day 1 and hadn't really looked to alter that much - but the suspicion of a JV/Dum pairing does raise the eyebrows there..
In post 596, orctin wrote:Jackson - at this point i'm looking at changing my opinion of him - I played game with him prior to this so had bit of bias to liking the player - but the frustration tactic day 1 to back off the attacks on themselves then the looking to opt out make me think we have a scum who basically have given up defending themselves now
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

What in the world is this?
In post 374, orctin wrote:so far i had a town read on you and would only vote to elim you if it was a general concensious of the group.
How is this a town read? I don't understand how you could eliminate a town read just because its a general consensus. If you're TOWN and you are convinced or believe STRONGLY that somebody is town, why would you eliminate them? It makes no sense. You should try and avoid a mis-elimination and to get one of your scum reads eliminated.

Orctin you're definitely not Town.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by orctin »

I did - But apparently everyone backed off eliminating Micc - and lamblasted me for voting for him cause of Dum's silly tactics - was i wrong about Micc - yes - just as yall were wrong about Fizz
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by unwnd »

If the whole game is against you at this rate, where are you narrowing your suspects? I understand your vote is one thing, but if you're just town and this is a vs. everyone situation, there has to be opportunistic scum.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by orctin »

Pot calling the kettle black there much? At this point i have found my "opportunistic scum"
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by unwnd »

I assume you're literally talking about me then?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 784, JamesTheNames wrote:What in the world is this?
How is this a town read? I don't understand how you could eliminate a town read just because its a general consensus. If you're TOWN and you are convinced or believe STRONGLY that somebody is town, why would you eliminate them? It makes no sense. You should try and avoid a mis-elimination and to get one of your scum reads eliminated.

Orctin you're definitely not Town.
In post 787, orctin wrote:Pot calling the kettle black there much? At this point i have found my "opportunistic scum"
Please respond to this.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by unwnd »

Actually that needs further clarification-- What is the point of Me/Catboi if we're scum here both voting you. That's going to look dreadful if you flip green. I know myself and I know catboi to some degree and I can safely say if
were
scum in this situation we would not be trying to get you killed. We'd just let you fall over and die, and then act shocked about it. I don't mean that as disrespect either, but why do you feel as if you've found it us? What about James? ..Super?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Super »

Orc how many games have you played? Mind linking me a town game of yours? (if possible)
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Super »

I find it slightly towny of Orc to be lacking in reads or at least... he seems like he's flailing in a way that I would see a new player doing as town (I'm curious about Orc's experience tho). It feels like he has suspicions of almost every player and idk if scum would be this blatant or this scummy? I tend to play the devil's advocate a lot and tend to defend players who get ganged up on because normally when a whole table is fosing someone it doesn't sit right with me and I worry scum are pushing on that opportunity, and now I'm having that gut worry that Orc isn't scum and there is at least one person who wants to capitalise on his playstyle (LHF kinda guy, no offence to Orc but his posts are hard for me to read into/I can't read his tone very well - a lot of the shit he says doesn't make sense to me but that doesn't make him mafia).
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 791, Super wrote:Orc how many games have you played? Mind linking me a town game of yours? (if possible)
He has one completed game on site as town. I had aleready taken a look when I was replacing into this game, and I feel like he was a lot more proactive in his scumhunting there and was much wore willing to express suspicions with reasoning behind them - compare his accusations there to the stuff he says about Micc, for instance.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Super »

In post 793, catboi wrote:
In post 791, Super wrote:Orc how many games have you played? Mind linking me a town game of yours? (if possible)
He has one completed game on site as town. I had aleready taken a look when I was replacing into this game, and I feel like he was a lot more proactive in his scumhunting there and was much wore willing to express suspicions with reasoning behind them - compare his accusations there to the stuff he says about Micc, for instance.
thank u <3
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Super »

In post 559, orctin wrote:
In post 555, VFP wrote:
In post 522, orctin wrote:T3-Rathe-Jackson - so i need to look at these 3 - right now i'm betting there is a scum in here - and might be the better play - we eliminate one of them - scum can decide to eliminate Rational tonight just to make the game thread less aggressive (and we probably would all shoot him if we could, lets be honest) - and we carry on the next day
This would suggest that if scum, so is T3.
But I could be wrong here.

@orctin

Can you touch base on this more?
Let's go over why these 3 are scum?
Right now I dont think Rathe is scum - his vote after the doctor claim was too immediate and to telling now
Jackson - He started out slow but has come on lately - he's making logical post and discussions so i have no reason to question his alignment at this time
Which to me leaves T3 as very probably Scum

Far as those questioning myself - i'm town - You dont see me trying to jump on a vote right now in trying to save myself - i'm trying to let town sort our who would be the good choice today at this point

Also - Dont think we aren't looking your way as well - the player you were replacing was on the questionable list of a few people - your doing a good job swaying those thoughts at this time - we will have to see long right

Right now i think T3 is the best vote to eliminate - Andante and Rational need to get off each other and look to better choices - and i have no idea why i have pinged Jackson's radar - but town needs to come together on a vote and one we all or at least majority agree on
hehe I like this post from Orc in his other game saying he wouldn't be trying to jump on a vote to save himself - which is kinda what he has been doing here :P first with Dum and now with Catboi (I'm not saying he's mafia but I find it an interesting comparison)
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 764, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 762, Super wrote:do you know what I'm referring to?
You can feel free to enlighten me, town benefits nigh nothing from people keeping secrets.
Super can I get some response to this?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Super »

In post 796, JamesTheNames wrote:
You can feel free to enlighten me, town benefits nigh nothing from people keeping secrets.
ya sorry, it was what you said D1 about a PR read you had that pinged me and I was going on in my head whether to bring it up or not - so I made my dumb post half wanting to bring it up and half not - I'm just dumb like that and struggle at holding back on saying things, you can read it as what you want

I found it interesting because you said it and I think you were implying a PR read on Micc? you can correct me if I'm wrong on the read - I don't really wanna talk about PR stuff at all but I don't think you're going to leave me alone on it now and I take blame completely for being dumb about it
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 797, Super wrote:
In post 796, JamesTheNames wrote:
ya sorry, it was what you said D1 about a PR read you had that pinged me and I was going on in my head whether to bring it up or not - so I made my dumb post half wanting to bring it up and half not - I'm just dumb like that and struggle at holding back on saying things, you can read it as what you want

I found it interesting because you said it and I think you were implying a PR read on Micc? you can correct me if I'm wrong on the read - I don't really wanna talk about PR stuff at all but I don't think you're going to leave me alone on it now and I take blame completely for being dumb about it
I completely forgot I actually posted about that. I of course won't be disclosing who I had a PR read on or if its changed, if they get night killed I'd prefer it to be random not due to me going "Oh yeah Fizz Raab seems like a Jail Doctor Cop", but I appreciate the clarity even though you didn't want to bring it up. I just wanted the clarification instead of the mystery.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:32 am

Post by navigatorv »

Finally back, I'll catch up today and hopefully post something either later tonight or tomorrow morning