catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 799, navigatorv wrote:Finally back, I'll catch up today and hopefully post something either later tonight or tomorrow morning
Welcome back, there's a few new faces since you were last part of the game.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 801, catboi wrote:
In post 799, navigatorv wrote:Finally back, I'll catch up today and hopefully post something either later tonight or tomorrow morning
Welcome back, there's a few new faces since you were last part of the game.
Your favourite person with a rhyming name is still here.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-4

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate.

Catboi(1): NinjaStore, orctin
Orctin (2): unwnd, catboi

Not Voting (3): navigatorv, Super, JamesThenames

The deadline for day two is set at (expired on 2021-06-09 10:54:38)

Updated deadline to compensate for replacements.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:32 am

Post by unwnd »

Getting back into this later today.
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:38 am

Post by unwnd »

I'd like to hear from Orctin a bit more before we just probably lim him. Other fleeting concerns would be with Ninja. I still haven't completed my own thread journey, but I have seen some curious things along the way. I feel as if I'm mostly at a place I'd be comfortable with, but hey.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:55 am

Post by catboi »

Decided to factcheck Super's read of NinjaStore and found that he didn't really comment on the Micc slot after JF replaced in, so I'm not sure clearing him off the kill is all that sensible. I do think it'd be somewhat unusual for a new player to go with a full-throated partner defense on day 2, so if orctin is indeed scum he actually has a decent chance of being town, but the irrationality of his arguments against me and refusal to actually answer questions is annoying.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:45 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 806, catboi wrote:Decided to factcheck Super's read of NinjaStore and found that he didn't really comment on the Micc slot after JF replaced in, so I'm not sure clearing him off the kill is all that sensible. I do think it'd be somewhat unusual for a new player to go with a full-throated partner defense on day 2, so if orctin is indeed scum he actually has a decent chance of being town, but the irrationality of his arguments against me and refusal to actually answer questions is annoying.
What do you mean by a full-throated parter defence?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:15 am

Post by catboi »

In post 807, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 806, catboi wrote:Decided to factcheck Super's read of NinjaStore and found that he didn't really comment on the Micc slot after JF replaced in, so I'm not sure clearing him off the kill is all that sensible. I do think it'd be somewhat unusual for a new player to go with a full-throated partner defense on day 2, so if orctin is indeed scum he actually has a decent chance of being town, but the irrationality of his arguments against me and refusal to actually answer questions is annoying.
What do you mean by a full-throated parter defence?
Right now ninjastore is laying into me and calling everything I do scummy. in some way this could be seen as acting in defense of orctin, although I suppose that description isn't
quite
right because he's not defending orctin and is calling him a scum lean. Still, most newbie scum players wouldn't be as likely to act so aggressively toward someone who suspects their partner out of fear they'll make their connection too obvious. I wouldn't write him off completely because it's impossible to know someone's individual playstyle when there's no data and sometimes players are very bold (also, I townread other people more than him). However it's a small point that makes me doubt an orctin/ninjastore team.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 am

Post by orctin »

Oh so now someone wants to read pairs after I get told i shouldn't be reading scum pairings?

And i have answered plenty of questions these past days unwnd, i have tried to respond to any people had - even if they didn't like my answers
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 809, orctin wrote:Oh so now someone wants to read pairs after I get told i shouldn't be reading scum pairings?
That's not what I have said at any point. My criticism has been that your reasonings for who could be potentially teamed weren't consistent within your reads list, and when called out on it, you gave an explanation that is seemingly the exact opposite of what you had said earlier, which looks like an attempt to cover your butt after getting called out.

I would think it would not be hard to understand that is my argument and I have no issue with looking at who makes sense as a team (or, more precisely, who seems less likely to be aligned as mafia teammates) and the fact that you're trying to spin it this way just seems dishonest.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 am

Post by orctin »

In post 744, Super wrote: stop looking for pairs, I haven't really been thinking of pairs at this point
Wasn't you Cat - was just noting in general
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

Post by navigatorv »

Sorry for the holdup, had something come up last night so I've had to skim posts between orders today.
I'll probably do a more detailed read list proper later, but for right now, a few things have popped out to me.
For one, unwnd's opening feels very LAMIST to me. Just bringing that up in the first post with no prompting just feels off.
In Super's case, early on catboi asked you if you were acting the way you were to him because tou know him or because he's easy to pocket. You responded with "both". Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pocketing typically a scum tactic? I don't know if that was a slip or not, but it definitely felt odd nonetheless.
Orctin's definitely starting to seem more sketchy. I'll need some time to focus on the thread, but I'm leaning on voting for him atm. I do agree with him that all the subbed slots make getting good reads hard though
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 812, navigatorv wrote:For one, unwnd's opening feels very LAMIST to me.
Guilty as charged. It's a newbie game so I'll do a bit of grandstanding here: I think LAMIST is a stupid term and needs to be abolished. Town wants to be town. Most of them love doing so and it is expressed through their thoughts. Sure, scum can pick up the playbook and I see where the term can come into play, but is used so loosely and without careful analysis that just turns into something better off said. I think by shutting down that expression you are just causing scum to relent either way. So even if this scenario existed where I was scum LAMISTing, I'm just gonna look at that and go 'ok, should I guess I should just revert course' and then the application is completely broken. I believe in being slightly subtle but not ashamed of your own thoughts.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:24 am

Post by unwnd »

Syntax error in the fourth line there, meant to say something better off
not
said.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Super »

Hi navi! Obviously me saying both to Catboi is a joke haha, but I do like pocketing people (being townread) as town cos then the game is easier for everyone :P

sorry I haven't been hyperposting much, I'm kinda struggling in this game cos its lack of interest and no one seems to be posting much. I struggle at getting reads without having constant back and forth interactions and I've kinda been waiting for people to be more active
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Super »

I agree with this about Orc and Ninja likely not being partners since it'd be too blatant(?)

I did like the way Ninja came into D2 with what it felt like a fresh mind and a push straight away which I think would be pretty brave for a new player to automatically come in with and do, I guess not mentioning Micc's kill is odd though since he was pushing him most of D1 - wouldn't he have been a little sad/weirded out by the death which most people sr ?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 815, Super wrote:Hi navi! Obviously me saying both to Catboi is a joke haha, but I do like pocketing people (being townread) as town cos then the game is easier for everyone :P

sorry I haven't been hyperposting much, I'm kinda struggling in this game cos its lack of interest and no one seems to be posting much. I struggle at getting reads without having constant back and forth interactions and I've kinda been waiting for people to be more active
I mean the game would be more active but I think the consensus is Orc is scum, and we were just waiting on Nav, I think we all know who we want to vote for.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 811, orctin wrote:
In post 744, Super wrote: stop looking for pairs, I haven't really been thinking of pairs at this point
Wasn't you Cat - was just noting in general
>super tells you to stop looking in pairs
>I talk about how I think you and ninjastore are maybe not teamed
>you complain like I was the one who told you to stop talking about it

Like...what??
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 815, Super wrote:Hi navi! Obviously me saying both to Catboi is a joke haha, but I do like pocketing people (being townread) as town cos then the game is easier for everyone :P

It's okay to let the game breathe if there's nothing new to say. Did you have any reads you actually wanted to discuss?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

VOTE: Orctin

E-1
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

UNVOTE:

No hammer yet please
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 821, unwnd wrote:UNVOTE:

No hammer yet please
Who would hammer? It would be a day 3 policy hammer if they had no explanation or declared no intent. Do you think Orc would self hammer?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

EBWOP no declared intent*
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by catboi »

While I don't think the day needs to be concluded right away, we are at less than 2 days until deadline. While I would like for navigatorv to catch up and provide input before we end the day, we can't keep waiting on them forever. We should be trying to get a claim in the near future.