fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-5

In Virgil's Aeneid (finished circa 19 BCE), Celaeno, the Harpy queen, foretold that the Trojans would not find peace until they were forced by hunger to eat their tables. Later in the poem, Aeneas and his men sat down to a scanty meal that included round breadcakes (like pita bread) topped with cooked vegetables. As they ate the round breadcakes, they realized these were the "tables" Celaeno had foretold.

Spoiler: Part of the "tables" passage from the Aeneid
Aeneas, handsome Iulus, and the foremost leaders,

settled their limbs under the branches of a tall tree,

and spread a meal: they set wheat cakes for a base

under the food (as Jupiter himself inspired them)

and added wild fruits to these tables of Ceres.

When the poor fare drove them to set their teeth

into the thin discs, the rest being eaten, and to break

the fateful circles of bread boldly with hands and jaws,

not sparing the quartered cakes, Iulus, jokingly,

said no more than: “Ha! Are we eating the tables too?”

HockeyFan
(3): StrangeMatter, Zyla, cyrus62
cyrus62
(2): Pavowski, Lukewarm
Lukewarm
(1): HockeyFan
Haschel Cedricson
(1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting
(2): Azeru, Haschel Cedricson

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: June 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-06-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 223, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 222, cyrus62 wrote:pav pins me as scum
I dont like this at all. Pav has made about 1-2 reads and his read on u was pretty genuine and came from a town perspective so what part of their reaction do u think is scum?
they dont post much and it seems they are looking for easy votes trying to get a mis lynch
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

day 1 read may change but as of now hockey and pev are my top scum reads.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 224, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 221, Lukewarm wrote:Maybe cyrus's posting style is a bit, but it is a bit that makes it way harder to sort him.

I did a quick look at his other games, and he did not post this way in them.
i and that is why i change everygame not two games are the same. im like a snowflake
Do you normally change in ways that make you harder to sort in your current game?
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 226, cyrus62 wrote:
I dont like this at all. Pav has made about 1-2 reads and his read on u was pretty genuine and came from a town perspective so what part of their reaction do u think is scum?
they dont post much and it seems they are looking for easy votes trying to get a mis lynch
What "easy" votes are they going for exactly? They have had 2 total votes. Their vote on Luke was a RVS vote and their vote currently on u is not at all an easy vote IMO and they did give some townie reasoning for their vote
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 228, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 221, Lukewarm wrote:Maybe cyrus's posting style is a bit, but it is a bit that makes it way harder to sort him.

i and that is why i change everygame not two games are the same. im like a snowflake
Do you normally change in ways that make you harder to sort in your current game?
cant answer that.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 229, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 226, cyrus62 wrote:
What "easy" votes are they going for exactly? They have had 2 total votes. Their vote on Luke was a RVS vote and their vote currently on u is not at all an easy vote IMO and they did give some townie reasoning for their vote
why the white knighting
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 230, cyrus62 wrote:

cant answer that.
Well there is a distinct difference between changing your play style to be harder to meta read, and changing your play style to make it harder to read you in game.

But I will say that your last few posts seem to lean less into you bit, even if I don't know if I agree with the takes.

Heres to hoping you will be easier to read with time
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 232, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 230, cyrus62 wrote:

cant answer that.
Well there is a distinct difference between changing your play style to be harder to meta read, and changing your play style to make it harder to read you in game.

But I will say that your last few posts seem to lean less into you bit, even if I don't know if I agree with the takes.

Heres to hoping you will be easier to read with time
for are sake i hope not.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I don't know how the hell to read Cyrus actually, he could be scum just flooding the thread with smoke or a VT trying to draw the NK or get lynched
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 234, Pavowski wrote:
I don't know how the hell to read Cyrus actually, he could be scum just flooding the thread with smoke or a VT trying to draw the NK or get lynched
tha is the point i dont want to be to town. people who are to town get nk . people who scum think are easy lynches get though to d2.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 235, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 234, Pavowski wrote:
tha is the point i dont want to be to town. people who are to town get nk . people who scum think are easy lynches get though to d2.
You do want to be town though. If you don't get read as town, you're going to end up on the chopping block, which if you're town wastes an elimination. And if you're mafia, being read as town is the entire point
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 217, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 216, Zyla wrote:
In post 214, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 211, Zyla wrote:
In post 208, HockeyFan wrote:
Spoiler: snip
In post 204, Zyla wrote:
In post 194, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 187, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 184, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 183, StrangeMatter wrote:At this point I think he’s not even being serious.
Do u think hes not being serious as town or is just deliberately wasting towns time as scum?
Not sure, both are completely plausible but his grammar feels absolutely intentionally like that.
kinda like this from Strange more town points for them. Idk maybe Im completely wrong on this scum read which leads me to my next scum read of Zyla. I think Zyla is lazzily pushing me here as scum seeing that Cedricson, and a bit of Luke and crys were already pushing me. I think she was looking for an easy mislim by further pushing/burrying me while also having no other intent than to tunnel me
Luke wasn't even thinking you were scummy though, where are you getting this narrative?
He didnt? I was getting the assumption by him pushing me by pressuring me about the fact that I SR him and Strange. and fwiw, A. I said
a bit of
and thats not even the main content of my post

Pedit:
Okay Cyrus didnt post. Why does that change that your push was meh and based on other ppl pushing me?
I don't have any more response to this. My first post about you had enough information that saying it was only based on other people pushing you just seems insincere.
Okay it may not be
only
, but it was defintely based somewhat on other peoples reads?(may be wrong on this)
Nope, just you
Okay if that is the case, then I rescind some of my SR on u but i think you still may be possible scum because your only read is that I am scum
I don't understand this logic. "You might be scum because you think I'm scum" just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways, the past 3 pages have been an absolute fiesta. Everything circling around cyrus' line of discussion is just awful. Yes we've gotten a lot out of it in terms of more posting and interaction, but it just has a terrible mouthfeel, there's so much I don't like about it. The entire concept of it is fishing for information that only serves to benefit mafia, or at the very least benefits mafia significantly more than town. Posts , , and are bad bad bad. The kind of logic applied here only works if the concept isn't loudly broadcast to the entire game.

Then you have and , basically bragging about being unreadable. The point of playing either side is to appear as town, not to create an air of uncertainty.

I can sort of see why people are backing off of this, but I just don't agree with it. I do not vibe with cyrus' posts.

VOTE: cyrus

I feel comfortable leaving my vote here for time being.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 188, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 186, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 180, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 176, cyrus62 wrote:every one will clime vt unless its scum then they aim at pr role but smart scum know this and say vt any way. so yes even if we say clime and the person saids they are pr then chances are they are not.
Why are you arguing that that anyone should be claiming less then 24 hours into Day 1?

What is the benefit?
your learn the truth soon trust me one day your think the same . right now i could just be messing with your head to see what all i can get out of you so far . luckwarms reaction makes me think they are town so i wont vote them.
So this was a reaction test?
I don't love this question in context. He's insinuating that yeah, he 'could be' messing around just to gauge reactions, but let him get to that point and say it for himself as opposed to handing him the out. To me this feels like the earlier situation quoted below.
In post 127, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 120, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 117, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 114, HockeyFan wrote: Strange Matter is the scummier one right now but STD is very close to being as scummy Strange rn(although as of right now, the read on STD can change a ton based on their next few posts, unlike the Strange SR from me rn)
Can you restate why Strange is scum?
Based off your questions for me, and likely the start that I had early on.
Please do not answer questions that weren't specifically addressed to you. I don't care about what your answer to the question is;
I do care very much that you spoonfed Hockey an answer before he had a chance to answer it for himself.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

You quoted the 2nd part of that to do what ... exactly?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 202, cyrus62 wrote: oh are you trying to shad . i think i found some town with that reaction test . makeing it easyer for me to short
I actually want to cycle back to this tbh. What TR did that "reaction test" give you?
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 239, HockeyFan wrote:You quoted the 2nd part of that to do what ... exactly?
I emboldened the part at the end that was most pertinent. I quoted the second part to draw the direct comparison between the situations, and show the perspective that Luke asking Cyrus if his bit was a reaction test kinda feels like he was just giving him a free out.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

btw to answer Azeru's question I don't understand this logic. "You might be scum because you think I'm scum" in

Yes I thought she was scum for thinking I was scum. She tunneled on me very hard and before her newest post , She didnt really interact with much people other than maybe Lukewarm(first 2 pages)
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 241, Azeru wrote:
In post 239, HockeyFan wrote:You quoted the 2nd part of that to do what ... exactly?
I emboldened the part at the end that was most pertinent. I quoted the second part to draw the direct comparison between the situations, and show the perspective that Luke asking Cyrus if his bit was a reaction test kinda feels like he was just giving him a free out.
By asking someone who's making anti-town statements if their statements were anti-town "as a test", of course they're going to say yes. Without that question it's much harder for them to later go back and say "oh it was a test".
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 238, Azeru wrote:
In post 188, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 186, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 180, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 176, cyrus62 wrote:every one will clime vt unless its scum then they aim at pr role but smart scum know this and say vt any way. so yes even if we say clime and the person saids they are pr then chances are they are not.
Why are you arguing that that anyone should be claiming less then 24 hours into Day 1?

What is the benefit?
your learn the truth soon trust me one day your think the same . right now i could just be messing with your head to see what all i can get out of you so far . luckwarms reaction makes me think they are town so i wont vote them.
So this was a reaction test?
I don't love this question in context. He's insinuating that yeah, he 'could be' messing around just to gauge reactions, but let him get to that point and say it for himself as opposed to handing him the out. To me this feels like the earlier situation quoted below.
In post 127, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 120, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 117, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 114, HockeyFan wrote: Strange Matter is the scummier one right now but STD is very close to being as scummy Strange rn(although as of right now, the read on STD can change a ton based on their next few posts, unlike the Strange SR from me rn)
Can you restate why Strange is scum?
Based off your questions for me, and likely the start that I had early on.
Please do not answer questions that weren't specifically addressed to you. I don't care about what your answer to the question is;
I do care very much that you spoonfed Hockey an answer before he had a chance to answer it for himself.
2017 and still towny? you dont play much do you.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Azeru »

I do not. You can look at my profile and see this is only my second game on the site in an almost 4 year span.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 243, Azeru wrote:
By asking someone who's making anti-town statements if their statements were anti-town "as a test", of course they're going to say yes. Without that question it's much harder for them to later go back and say "oh it was a test".
i stated it was a test . just messing with your head to get a reaction in which case luke came off right . pr hunting is anti town if any one was up for it i could have found scum. and so did hockey
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 245, Azeru wrote:I do not. You can look at my profile and see this is only my second game on the site in an almost 4 year span.
im adding flavor to the game
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 246, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 243, Azeru wrote:
i stated it was a test . just messing with your head to get a reaction in which case luke came off right . pr hunting is anti town if any one was up for it i could have found scum. and so did hockey
PR hunting - especially 24 hours into a game - is anti-town. It is so blatantly anti-town that nobody is going to be up for it, and you should know that. So then the question is why, right?
In post 247, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 245, Azeru wrote:I do not. You can look at my profile and see this is only my second game on the site in an almost 4 year span.
im adding flavor to the game
I don't like the taste.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Azeru »

I'll reiterate and say I get it. I won't deny the other side of it being 'adding flavor to the game' or 'reaction testing' or whatever it may be. It very well could be just that. Regardless of whether or not it is that, I don't vibe with it at all for reasons stated, and my vote will stay where it is for now.