Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Azeru »

In post 545, Lukewarm wrote:
@Azeru
- you might miss it because of *vaguely gestures to the last 5 pages* But I responded to your question before.

Any follow up there?
Eh, not really.

I already said that it's pretty much just my playstyle. We're still very early into the game, and at this stage my reads fall less into actual reads and more into "I'll point out this thing about this player that caught my attention but don't have the experience or confidence to say that it actually makes them scummy/townie". As the game progresses and we get more actual information as opposed to... *vaguely gestures to the last 5 pages*, I'll make more hard statements in my reads, but at this point I would honestly rather be scum read for having wishy-washy reads than lean into a read that I don't fully believe in.

I do think it's a bit unfair that in you give Pav a pass for doing something very similar to what I was doing (townie things, scummy things, neutral I guess?), so I'd like to ask if you see something different about the way he did it? He's been saying as well that he doesn't trust in his early reads very much, see:
Spoiler:
In post 149, Pavowski wrote:I have a really hard time forming reads when there is so much posting going on based on so little actual information. Y'all, it's early and you're acting like we're gonna break the game open here D1.
In post 256, Pavowski wrote:There you go, 3 garbage reads. Take then with as much salt as you like, I know I will.
In post 268, Pavowski wrote:(I've just realized that I'm gonna say "it's not based on much" for basically everything I'm about to post so ... Just assume it)

But everyone's just brushed over that. What makes me different?

In post 579, Zyla wrote:
In post 577, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 19, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Vanilla Town is the best role because not only do I get to give zero fucks about drawing the nightkill, it's actually good for me to draw it.

StrangeMatter: Why Hockeyfan?
to every one this isnt a clime its a answer to a question.
I'm actually kinda glad that you say that, because that was my thoughts too, it seems like a reasonable response to my question. I just left it alone because I wanted to see where people were going with that and then it seemed too late to bring it up
I hadn't even remotely considered that it was just an answer to Zyla's opening question. Whether it's a claim or not I still find it NAI, but new perspectives are always fun.

In post 586, Save The Dragons wrote:i think more pressure on haschel is a good thing
In post 578, Lukewarm wrote:@std, at the time, haschel is the only person voting strange, does she really need some slack there?
since it was only one vote it wasn't too bad it just seems like a weird thing to vote someone over
I'm going to chime into this bit for the first time, I totally disagree (with the second part, I have no problem whatsoever with more pressure on Haschel). It's post that the vote came out, two pages into the game. Nobody's going to actually get eliminated, and if you can't get someone's attention by direct quote, putting a naked vote on them is the absolute best way to raise their eyebrows in my opinion. I can't believe that that would be a serious vote, Haschel just wanted a conversation and Strange wasn't cooperating.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 599, cyrus62 wrote:i think intent to hammer might get his attention. but how long before we see him respond?
Given the current wagon on him, I would sus anybody giving intent to hammer right now.

Sus *hard*.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:35 am

Post by cyrus62 »

10 hours no responce .
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:44 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Are we seriously still waiting for a response from him?

He could easily say something but I guess not.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Azeru »

In post 531, StrangeMatter wrote:I am just wondering, what would we get, from voting me right now?
What's the point of this question? Specifically when asked now. The only votes you've had on you since post have been Pav and Luke, and they've just been sitting there. Cyrus voted you for a quick stint between and , but that was for all of two hours and only 14 posts between them. I just don't get why you're bringing this up now.

As an aside, looking into the above point, I noticed something. Cyrus has made 9 total votes in the game so far, and the only person he has not put a vote on is Pav. A quick history of his votes:
Spoiler:
In post 97, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: azeru
In post 130, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: hockeyfan
In post 424, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: zyla
In post 435, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: strange
In post 449, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: HockeyFan
In post 454, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: Haschel Cedricson
In post 543, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: std
In post 558, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: lukewarm
In post 583, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: HaschelCedricson

And a history of him reading Pav:
Spoiler:
In post 169, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 166, Pavowski wrote:
In post 163, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 158, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 137, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 135, Azeru wrote:
In post 132, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Unvote, Vote HockeyFan
Please for the love of god announce that
this vote puts HockeyFan at E-1
or at lest say l1 and then tell them to clime.
This is way too early for anyone to be claiming
you scared if they start ?
Okay, y'all wanted a read? Antagonism is scummy. VOTE: Cyrus
your new so i'll let it slide however people do that on here.
In post 189, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 181, Pavowski wrote:
every one will clime vt unless its scum then they aim at pr role but smart scum know this and say vt any way. so yes even if we say clime and the person saids they are pr then chances are they are not.
I do not even begin to comprehend this logic. Basically you're saying everybody will/should claim VT?

And this is an argument for forcing claims?
your right 1 town point for you.
In post 222, cyrus62 wrote:pav pins me as scum
In post 226, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 223, HockeyFan wrote:
I dont like this at all. Pav has made about 1-2 reads and his read on u was pretty genuine and came from a town perspective so what part of their reaction do u think is scum?
they dont post much and it seems they are looking for easy votes trying to get a mis lynch
In post 332, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 330, Pavowski wrote:
In post 328, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 327, Pavowski wrote:
In post 320, HockeyFan wrote:Oh yeah the vote counter reminded me

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Save The Dragons
Why, though?
This:
I guess I could've figured that out if I scrolled back a little bit. Have I mentioned posting from a phone is suboptimal?

I don't like leaving my vote in limbo so I'm gonna put it on my top scum read for the moment. VOTE: strange

I smell a distancing ploy between them and Hockey.
I'm starting to feel pev is just looking for any reason to vote any one . However strange has been given me where vibs.so this could be early busing
In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:town
Std

Moving up to town
Pavowski
Strange

Null
The guy with the sea do
G avatar
Azure
Zyla

Scum
Lean
HockeyFan
Lukewarm
In post 472, cyrus62 wrote:Odd I don't know Pavowski. Aside from this game but we thought the same thing
In post 474, cyrus62 wrote:@Pavowski nothing pokes out at you on pages 3,4 and 5

Now, I am making an active decision to not expend too much energy trying to read Cyrus, but I do find it interesting that with all his vote tossing, alongside the fact that he pinned Pav as scum a few times, his vote never ended up onto Pav. Another part of it I find odd is the shift between Cyrus' / and his /. Pav made a single post in between all of that () that was just shading/distancing from Cyrus. Which, to be fair, comes up in a good number of his posts.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

eager to hear what haschel has to say i think i like less and less his "vanilla townies give 0 fucks" opening the more i think about it

currently a little overextended in terms of games so my activity will probably be low but i'll do my best to be around
aka Fenrir
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 603, StrangeMatter wrote:Are we seriously still waiting for a response from him?

i thinking due to hockeys comment he doesn't think its real. that's why i said intent might get him to VOTE: hascaltalk.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:01 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 604, Azeru wrote:
In post 531, StrangeMatter wrote:I am just wondering, what would we get, from voting me right now?
What's the point of this question? Specifically when asked now. The only votes you've had on you since post have been Pav and Luke, and they've just been sitting there. Cyrus voted you for a quick stint between and , but that was for all of two hours and only 14 posts between them. I just don't get why you're bringing this up now.

As an aside, looking into the above point, I noticed something. Cyrus has made 9 total votes in the game so far, and the only person he has not put a vote on is Pav. A quick history of his votes:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unvote, Vote HockeyFan
every one will clime vt unless its scum then they aim at pr role but smart scum know this and say vt any way. so yes even if we say clime and the person saids they are pr then chances are they are not.
I do not even begin to comprehend this logic. Basically you're saying everybody will/should claim VT?

I dont like this at all. Pav has made about 1-2 reads and his read on u was pretty genuine and came from a town perspective so what part of their reaction do u think is scum?
they dont post much and it seems they are looking for easy votes trying to get a mis lynch

UNVOTE:

Why, though?
This:
I guess I could've figured that out if I scrolled back a little bit. Have I mentioned posting from a phone is suboptimal?

I don't like leaving my vote in limbo so I'm gonna put it on my top scum read for the moment. VOTE: strange

I'm starting to feel pev is just looking for any reason to vote any one . However strange has been given me where vibs.so this could be early busing
Std

Moving up to town
Pavowski
Strange

Null
The guy with the sea do
G avatar
Azure
Zyla

Scum
Lean
HockeyFan
Lukewarm
In post 472, cyrus62 wrote:Odd I don't know Pavowski. Aside from this game but we thought the same thing
In post 474, cyrus62 wrote:@Pavowski nothing pokes out at you on pages 3,4 and 5

Now, I am making an active decision to not expend too much energy trying to read Cyrus, but I do find it interesting that with all his vote tossing, alongside the fact that he pinned Pav as scum a few times, his vote never ended up onto Pav. Another part of it I find odd is the shift between Cyrus' / and his /. Pav made a single post in between all of that () that was just shading/distancing from Cyrus. Which, to be fair, comes up in a good number of his posts.
look im tt. if any one wanted to they could have counter claimed or started voting for me saying that. i dont trust my own reads. heck in class during test i would always 2nd guise my self.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 607, cyrus62 wrote: look im tt. if any one wanted to they could have counter claimed or started voting for me saying that. i dont trust my own reads. heck in class during test i would always 2nd guise my self.
You have claimed to be TT, yes.
So far
no one has counter-claimed, yes. That does not 100% mean you
are
town tracker.
You could be a Mafia Goon with a Goon partner and thought "Hey, 66% chance that no one is able to counter if I claim TT, let's give it a shot".
Could be that no PR is willing to out themselves day one.
While it seems most likely that you're town, that doesn't mean that players shouldn't try and read you anyway.

Also, the double vote on HC almost gave me a heart attack before I realized that you already had your vote there and it was still E-1.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:12 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well, it's mostly just something I thought up about right now. It was more about what could in theory been gained from this vote. If I remember correctly, a few scum reads on me were about buddying, involving people talking about possible partners. If it means getting information, I'm all for it. Only really a thought though.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 599, cyrus62 wrote:i think intent to hammer might get his attention. but how long before we see him respond?
please no
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:16 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 608, Zyla wrote:
In post 607, cyrus62 wrote: look im tt. if any one wanted to they could have counter claimed or started voting for me saying that. i dont trust my own reads. heck in class during test i would always 2nd guise my self.
You have claimed to be TT, yes.
So far
no one has counter-claimed, yes. That does not 100% mean you
are
town tracker.
You could be a Mafia Goon with a Goon partner and thought "Hey, 66% chance that no one is able to counter if I claim TT, let's give it a shot".
Could be that no PR is willing to out themselves day one.
While it seems most likely that you're town, that doesn't mean that players shouldn't try and read you anyway.

Also, the double vote on HC almost gave me a heart attack before I realized that you already had your vote there and it was still E-1.
thanks you ruined it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Azeru I think you misunderstood the 542 stuff with pav. I was not saying that about him, I was helping hockey parse pav's statement. I agree that pav is on the lower end of content, and that makes is a bit harder to read him, he is sitting in null for me atm. But he gave a full read list, and generally gives out opinions a little more readily then you have appeared to. That is the difference that had him sitting a tier higher then you.

That being said, you got a little townier in my eyes with this line
In post 600, Azeru wrote:but at this point I would honestly rather be scum read for having wishy-washy reads than lean into a read that I don't fully believe in.

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 603, StrangeMatter wrote:Are we seriously still waiting for a response from him?

What do you mean by this message?

Can you reword?

Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 611, cyrus62 wrote: thanks you ruined it.
What do you expect to gain from someone thinking they're already dead??
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 am

Post by cyrus62 »

also . try as you might . try as you may . even my own mother cant read me lol.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Pavowski »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unvote, Vote HockeyFan

UNVOTE:

Why, though?
This:

Std

Moving up to town
Pavowski
Strange

Null
The guy with the sea do
G avatar
Azure
Zyla

Scum
Lean
HockeyFan
Lukewarm

I was just reviewing votes myself and noticed the same thing and I do not like it.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 614, Zyla wrote:
In post 611, cyrus62 wrote: thanks you ruined it.
What do you expect to gain from someone thinking they're already dead??
it wasn't meant for him but his partner. if said partner thought he was hammered then they may have jumped in and said something.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:31 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 613, Lukewarm wrote:

Can you reword?
I just want them to talk. They just need to be active in this game, but so far haven't. Not talking doesn't help anyone in this game, but it'd be stupid to vote and eliminate them for being silent.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:32 am

Post by cyrus62 »

my vote didnt last long on pav because i cant fully read him so i keep going back and fourth from null to scum. but i have noteist others who stick out more.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:33 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 618, StrangeMatter wrote:

Can you reword?
I just want them to talk. They just need to be active in this game, but so far haven't. Not talking doesn't help anyone in this game, but it'd be stupid to vote and eliminate them for being silent.
i cant till about strange i feel as if i did the same in my 1st game.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Azeru »

In post 619, cyrus62 wrote:my vote didnt last long on pav because i cant fully read him so i keep going back and fourth from null to scum. but i have noteist others who stick out more.
Nope, it's not that your vote didn't last long on him. It's that you didn't vote him at all.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 618, StrangeMatter wrote:

Can you reword?
okay...

I read it as "why are we waiting, he could have said something if he wanted, shouldn't we just hammer" and I was getting ready to move my vote back to you.

I am still a little worried that that was designed to egg someone to voting for him....

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Actually

VOTE: strange

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 616, Pavowski wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unvote, Vote HockeyFan

UNVOTE:

Why, though?
This:

Std

Moving up to town
Pavowski
Strange

Null
The guy with the sea do
G avatar
Azure
Zyla

Scum
Lean
HockeyFan
Lukewarm

I was just reviewing votes myself and noticed the same thing and I do not like it.
I realize it's convenient for me to say this right after Az points it out, but I saw Cyrus calling for somebody to claim intent and it seemed a good time to actually tabulate votes. Dude has literally voted 9 times by my count. Not sure why he's leaving me out of his finger-pointing, as he's certainly shaded me enough. The only reason I'm paying attention to him right now is he's pushed this wagon on Haschel and it got rolling
fast