Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It really is feeling like you're trying to force a scumread here. Why?
I prefer they, thanks :)
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 am

Post by petapan »

what's wrong with changing his approach because someone claimed a clear on someone he suspected

like, yes, he could do it as scum but town would obviously want to change approach too?
free crypto
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1998, Dwlee99 wrote:Andre, given that there was no "fight" between T3 and I, do you still think at least one of us is evil?
Look here’s what I’m trying to do, maybe it helps you understand where I’m coming from. There’s clearly some strategic defending of slots going on here. You are strongly defending Anya, pushing T3. Titus is basically doing the exact opposite. You also think Titus is Scum. Titus is being strongly TR by two players you were previously pushing in DotW, DGB, who now have essentially locked themselves into a pair that either is Scum or the Scum will have to penetrate (I’m guessing the latter). So concluding that {Anya, T3} contains one Scum for example, or {Titus, You} have one Scum, or that peta could be aligned with say you and Anya, doesn’t seem that preposterous to me. The hard thing here from where I stand is to spot a weak point in the Scum Team and have the rest of the dominoes fall correctly. There’s also some White Knighting going on I’m sure. And Scum could be sitting on opposite sides of the argument on purpose. But surely there’s some Scum in here given how much you all are attacking each other.

And DW, your reaction to my SR of you is horrendous. Not going to lie. Gives me massive pings. You completely flipped on how you were approaching me (and now seem to want to appease me) even though I’ve been posting just like I was before, though maybe more frequently.

I am sure I have some stuff wrong here. I always do. But my radar isn’t that off either.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And by strongly defending you aren’t all doing this explicitly. But by directing attention away from a slot attracting a lot of votes, Titus for example is doing it by default. They might not directly say I think T3 is Town, but pushing a CW strongly certainly achieves the same objective. T3 is notoriously hard to read anyway. And the Scum do seem to be pushing some of the harder to read slots here (Dunn, now maybe T3?).
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think that your pairings are dumb and I think that the way you talk to me doesn't feel like you actually scumread me here otherwise you wouldn't be phrasing things like you're trying to tell me you didn't like the color palette I chose on a presentation.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1973, petapan wrote:
In post 1971, Titus wrote:Why isn't Anya happening today? That claim reeks of being coached and flubbed.
WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
Like this expresses a level of certainty that I’m always suspicious of. I have yet to find a player in this entire forum I think is like consistently right as Town, outside of like a few players I won’t name. There aren’t any here. petapan has already demonstrated that they don’t have the best reads. If they do, then please let me know and we should execute there because they were horribly wrong about Nero and they can’t say that some folks didn’t hint at it. I directly told peta they were coming in too hot and were probably wrong about Nero. Go find it.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2002, Andresvmb wrote:And DW, the colors you chose are horrendous. Not going to lie. Gives me a bit of a headache.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2004, Dwlee99 wrote:I think that your pairings are dumb and I think that the way you talk to me doesn't feel like you actually scumread me here otherwise you wouldn't be phrasing things like you're trying to tell me you didn't like the color palette I chose on a presentation.
You clearly haven’t played with me. I do sometimes go really hard against a SR, but only when I think it’s obvious. Ask T3. Otherwise, I avoid it. I think I’m decent, but I certainly don’t think I’m infallible. I always try and figure out what’s happening. But calling my pairings “dumb” implies that you have a better handle of the game. And I’m sorry to say, but you have basically already given up the fact that you can also be horribly wrong. Otherwise, why backtrack so hard when another player hints at a mechanical result?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Ah actually, maybe osuka on a good day. Which is why I asked them to provide their thoughts. But they haven’t really tried to solve too hard and I’m somewhat skeptical there still.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2002, Andresvmb wrote:You completely flipped on how you were approaching me (and now seem to want to appease me) even though I’ve been posting just like I was before, though maybe more frequently.
When are you talking about this happening? When you stopped lurking or after your scumread of me?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2007, Andresvmb wrote:But calling my pairings “dumb” implies that you have a better handle of the game. And I’m sorry to say, but you have basically already given up the fact that you can also be horribly wrong. Otherwise, why backtrack so hard when another player hints at a mechanical result?
I'm not even claiming I have a great handle on the game and I'm not trying to offend either. I think the concept of "one of {Anya, Titus} has to be scum" is just wrong in a game like this. If there was some TvS interaction I could understand but you're essentially doing the scumread version of sloppy vote count analysis. ("Well, I think that this many scum are on this wagon sooo kill this person")
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1701, Andresvmb wrote:@DW I’m still reading. It’s not the easiest game to read back to front. But I do think you’re Town if that helps.
In post 1719, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
Okay Andre you have my attention
If your read of me here was genuine, I think you would have pushed me here. Like if you had thought I was Scum trying to pocket you or that it was me trying to defuse tension between us, I think you express it or keep your vote on me. Instead, you tacitly agree to stop engaging.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 1928, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1905, Dwlee99 wrote:DotW claimed cop inno on dgb though.
Can you point me to this please?
For the record I
didn't
claim I had a
cop
inno. I said I can confirm DGB as town-aligned
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2012, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 1928, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1905, Dwlee99 wrote:DotW claimed cop inno on dgb though.
Can you point me to this please?
For the record I
didn't
claim I had a
cop
inno. I said I can confirm DGB as town-aligned
I get this. I'll say nothing further.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1905, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1901, Titus wrote:I'm still leaning towards scum with that claim though.
Why? I think it would be weird for scum to go no actions done -> no result. Voyeur is also a weird role for scum to have.
Andresvmb wrote:The way DotW is looking to shade Anya is so bizarre I would absolutely blow it up.
DotW claimed cop inno on dgb though.
In post 1934, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1773, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 1755, Dwlee99 wrote:DGB + DotW + Titus all just insisting they are a town block gives me the heeby jeebies.
In case people ever need to come back to this to solve the game, I can only confirm DGB and myself as town. Titus is just a read right now
I interpreted this an inno result @andre
In post 1960, Dwlee99 wrote:Not to come off as OMGUS but Andre's sudden read change on me is terribad. He was on those pages agreeing with my reads and now he is going back and trying to say I'm scum for probably being wrong on DGB + DotW on a reread. It also reeks of T3 counterwagon.
And look at this progression here. You’re obviously going from engaging me and trying to help me develop a read to pushing me because my read of you changed. But why couldn’t my switch be genuine? You’re pairing ME with T3 when I was happy to wagon there and push them to the brink, why because I decided to jump on you? Unless Anya / T3 are both Scum AND my Scum Partners (a stretch yes?), why don’t I just push the CW to start?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2008, Andresvmb wrote:Ah actually, maybe osuka on a good day. Which is why I asked them to provide their thoughts. But they haven’t really tried to solve too hard and I’m somewhat skeptical there still.
Osaka might be scum. They might have site flaked.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Titus »

I'm starting to like Andres as town here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Titus »

mod: Can we get osaka a prod and if four hours pass from this post, a prod on Rathe?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2010, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2007, Andresvmb wrote:But calling my pairings “dumb” implies that you have a better handle of the game. And I’m sorry to say, but you have basically already given up the fact that you can also be horribly wrong. Otherwise, why backtrack so hard when another player hints at a mechanical result?
I'm not even claiming I have a great handle on the game and I'm not trying to offend either. I think the concept of "one of {Anya, Titus} has to be scum" is just wrong in a game like this. If there was some TvS interaction I could understand but you're essentially doing the scumread version of sloppy vote count analysis. ("Well, I think that this many scum are on this wagon sooo kill this person")
I think you’re intentionally trying to discount my analysis here. I’m basically saying I think some of these arguments are either TvT or TVS. I SR some of you, so I’m thinking some of this is TvS. The phrasing might be different but that’s exactly what I mean. And what vote count analysis? I’m basing this entirely of the strength of the arguments you are making.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^all of you are making*
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2005, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1973, petapan wrote:
In post 1971, Titus wrote:Why isn't Anya happening today? That claim reeks of being coached and flubbed.
WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
Like this expresses a level of certainty that I’m always suspicious of. I have yet to find a player in this entire forum I think is like consistently right as Town, outside of like a few players I won’t name. There aren’t any here. petapan has already demonstrated that they don’t have the best reads. If they do, then please let me know and we should execute there because they were horribly wrong about Nero and they can’t say that some folks didn’t hint at it. I directly told peta they were coming in too hot and were probably wrong about Nero. Go find it.
dude i don't care if i wrongly tunnel early d1

d1 read rate is one of the most overrated skills in mafia games

i regretted my approach day 1 moreso for the fact that it wasted much time in conflict with someone largely based on not understanding how the other plays

but rather than that you can look at the posts where i explain my actual reasoning for why i think there is scum motivation behind the push from titus and decide if you find it believable or not
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2016, Titus wrote:I'm starting to like Andres as town here.
wonder why :roll:
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Guess your thing was {Anya, T3} which makes even less sense honestly. I don't even think those slots have interacted so claiming there is definitely a scum in there doesn't feel based in anything.
Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1701, Andresvmb wrote:@DW I’m still reading. It’s not the easiest game to read back to front. But I do think you’re Town if that helps.
In post 1719, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
Okay Andre you have my attention
If your read of me here was genuine, I think you would have pushed me here. Like if you had thought I was Scum trying to pocket you or that it was me trying to defuse tension between us, I think you express it or keep your vote on me. Instead, you tacitly agree to stop engaging.
I stopped pushing you because I found your posts good. My scumread on you before was basically PoE on lurkers
Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1905, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1901, Titus wrote:I'm still leaning towards scum with that claim though.
Why? I think it would be weird for scum to go no actions done -> no result. Voyeur is also a weird role for scum to have.
Andresvmb wrote:The way DotW is looking to shade Anya is so bizarre I would absolutely blow it up.
DotW claimed cop inno on dgb though.
In post 1934, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1773, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 1755, Dwlee99 wrote:DGB + DotW + Titus all just insisting they are a town block gives me the heeby jeebies.
In case people ever need to come back to this to solve the game, I can only confirm DGB and myself as town. Titus is just a read right now
I interpreted this an inno result @andre
In post 1960, Dwlee99 wrote:Not to come off as OMGUS but Andre's sudden read change on me is terribad. He was on those pages agreeing with my reads and now he is going back and trying to say I'm scum for probably being wrong on DGB + DotW on a reread. It also reeks of T3 counterwagon.
And look at this progression here. You’re obviously going from engaging me and trying to help me develop a read to pushing me because my read of you changed. But why couldn’t my switch be genuine? You’re pairing ME with T3 when I was happy to wagon there and push them to the brink, why because I decided to jump on you? Unless Anya / T3 are both Scum AND my Scum Partners (a stretch yes?), why don’t I just push the CW to start?
If you read my posts to Titus I'm not pairing you with anyone. It isn't just that your read on me changed, it is that your read on me changed for terrible and what feels like forced reasons. You were given refutation of major parts of your reasoning and then just BS'd more.
Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2010, Dwlee99 wrote:
I think you’re intentionally trying to discount my analysis here. I’m basically saying I think some of these arguments are either TvT or TVS. I SR some of you, so I’m thinking some of this is TvS. The phrasing might be different but that’s exactly what I mean. And what vote count analysis? I’m basing this entirely of the strength of the arguments you are making.
I was making analogy to VCA. Sure, some of them are probably TvS but which ones and why? You made it seem like you think all of the pairings you named have at least one scum in them, not that one of the pairings has one scum which is meaningless because of how mathematically certain it is correct.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2020, petapan wrote:d1 read rate is one of the most overrated skills in mafia games
Funny enough, I agree. You know what isn’t though? Making yourself obvious Town. You most certainly haven’t achieved that here. And by trying to present so much strength behind some of your arguments, I think you come across worse.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:46 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

VOTE: Titus

I'm cool with a Titus wagon if one would like to get off the ground. I was asked for a readlist before, I feel like I have enough of a handle on the game now to make one.

{peta, Dwlee, DotW, DGB}
{STD, rathe}
{Anya, VFP, Andres, Kyouko}
{osuka, Vax}
{T3, Titus}

I'm swamped at work, but I'll be in front of a computer if someone wants me to go into detail on any of these.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!