Mafia Scum
Cook
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Cook »

In post 74, T3 wrote:I don't post anything over 5 lines unless I'm scum.
I believe that's called a "trust tell."
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker.
Cults With Guns //
Come play mafia on mafiascum.net. We evade taxes! //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 73, Cook wrote:val posts infrequently and walls. noted.
Do you have any comments on the actual content of said wall? I think that might be useful to us all here.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 71, VFP wrote:
In post 69, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 67, VFP wrote:RVS sucks
So does a no lim
You take that back!
No, no, James is right, No Elims are strictly bad for town in the majority of situations, from everything I've read, they're
only
good with an even number of players (Such as the day after the JK jails the NK actor or victim, Doc heals the victim, or mafia refrains)

We have 9 players, 7 Town, 2 Mafia. ELo is hit when we have 3/4 Town and 2 Mafia or 2/3 Town and 1 Mafia left.
Assuming that Mafia is able to pull off the NK every night, that means that the possibilities for hitting 3 or 4 town at 2 mafia is limited to NoElim NK, MisElim NK, (4 town) or MisElim NK, MisElim NK (3 Town). If we no-elim, we only have
one
chance to get our elimination wrong and still win the game, but if we vote for someone, even at random, we have a
chance
of hitting scum, still one mis-elim left, and gather information along the way.

tl;dr
never vote no Elim unless there's a
specific
reason for it
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:34 am

Post by VFP »

I have never lost a game with a D1 no lim on here.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:46 am

Post by T3 »

In post 75, Cook wrote:
In post 74, T3 wrote:I don't post anything over 5 lines unless I'm scum.
I believe that's called a "trust tell."
NNah just meta.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 78, VFP wrote:I have never lost a game with a D1 no lim on here.
That's quite interesting, considering I haven't even found a game of yours that had a D1 No Lim. I guess you're 0for0 instead of 7for7
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Zyla »

VOTE: VFP I don't like the fact that you seem to have chosen no-elims on D1 to be a hill you're willing to die on, nor the fact that you implied that you've won multiple games with a D1 no-elim when I can't find any examples
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 81, Zyla wrote:VOTE: VFP I don't like the fact that you seem to have chosen no-elims on D1 to be a hill you're willing to die on, nor the fact that you implied that you've won multiple games with a D1 no-elim when I can't find any examples
FWIW he also hasn't won a game with a D1 no-elim.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

EBWOP
^ They* not he
Sorry
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:49 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 63, Val89 wrote:
In post 49, GrandpaMo wrote:i don't know if you were serious at all
No, I wasn't.
In post 49, GrandpaMo wrote:and realized it was just a BS post to make it seem long, with no content providing and voting someone other than your scumread xD
Absolutely correct. It was a straight-forward RVS vote dressed up in the style of a serious wall post. You correctly identify the most obvious punchline there, but I dropped a few other things that should have made it clear it was entirely non-serious. I don't really claim to have invented the acronym 'WIFOM', to take another example. Of course, if it transpires that
MiniMegaByte
is scum, I reserve the right to imply I was in fact being serious and I knew from day one. :wink:

My post #27 was equally non-serious. Technically, reading you as null was serious, but the reasons equally BS. The clue there was the fact the that you HAD put your vote on one of the 3 - and Cook, MiniMegaByte and me are definitely 3, by the way - with the kicker being the reference to
alstroemeria
, whom was yet to be mentioned. I read you as null because I was reading everyone as null. There is nothing upto #27 I consider indicative either way.

Okay I guess we both misunderstood? LOL. I just thought my RVS didn't really count as a "joke" scumread or whatever you want to read it as and so I just assumed you would imply that the people I scumread (and not the person I voted!) was scum.

In post 60, MiniMegabyte wrote:Who would've thought that at the beginning of the game people joke around
Indeed. :cool:
In post 49, GrandpaMo wrote:you can see how it's bad and you should admit that.
To be clear - I do nothing of the sort.
Okay this was also sort of a wifom post to see your reaction to how well you took pressure early game. You took it well, unless this how you play good as scum. But I will give you towncreds for now as this post was not expected (yes, I expected a manipulative scummy post for some reason lol) but you did well responding to my points.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:52 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

I'm not posting a wall but this all refers to .
First of all addressing the hypocritical thing, we both did the same/or similar things, admittedly in different ways, saying a pair we could guess as a scum pair. Both were obviously not the most serious of things. You claimed somebody was essentially a strong scum read and voted someone else, which if taken seriously would mean you'd find them both hard scum, a scum pair, I said a page 2 prediction. You can argue over semantics whether that is serious or not or you can just take my word on it.
"and your page 2 solve is just sort of thing I like to see" in post .
Considering town should be scum hunting, this clearly means you find something scummy about what I did, yet you did the same thing, ergo, hypocritical. Or at least this is how I interpreted it and still do.
Next.

You said you were praising it, that is disingenuous as far as I'm concerned.

First of all townreading someone who didn't vote anybody and rather wants to No-Elim. This doesn't go along with the idea you want to encourage people to make strong claims and to stick by them. You later said post 30 and 27 weren't serious. Does that mean other things may also not be serious? That's rhetorical.
Next.

"In fact, only one scenario makes sense - you are scum, and so hypersensitive to any sort of shade whatsoever that you read it where it isn't there"
Post but also, do you not also see how far-fetched that is? Someone could misinterpret something or disagree with a statement you make ergo, they are bad at the game flailing scum. I'll keep this in mind. You also go into reading my one previous game, I was pressured there for a while, you can see how I responded there if you really want to.
Next.

You quote from my one previous game on the site where I replaced in, and this is important to say and clarify, after, the RVS stage ended. There is a large difference in how serious page 1 and 2 are compared to 7 and 8. Not to mention, I've played one game on this site, sure I was town and town won which is nice, but that doesn't mean I'm going to play the same way game 2.
Meta under bias, going in thinking that somebody is scum and going with a comb to find what could be deemed as scummy, isn't great. I personally don't think meta is a genuine reason to vote somebody ever but as I've said this is my second game.

I'm not moving my vote.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 84, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 63, Val89 wrote:
No, I wasn't.
In post 49, GrandpaMo wrote:and realized it was just a BS post to make it seem long, with no content providing and voting someone other than your scumread xD
Absolutely correct. It was a straight-forward RVS vote dressed up in the style of a serious wall post. You correctly identify the most obvious punchline there, but I dropped a few other things that should have made it clear it was entirely non-serious. I don't really claim to have invented the acronym 'WIFOM', to take another example. Of course, if it transpires that
MiniMegaByte
is scum, I reserve the right to imply I was in fact being serious and I knew from day one. :wink:

My post #27 was equally non-serious. Technically, reading you as null was serious, but the reasons equally BS. The clue there was the fact the that you HAD put your vote on one of the 3 - and Cook, MiniMegaByte and me are definitely 3, by the way - with the kicker being the reference to
alstroemeria
, whom was yet to be mentioned. I read you as null because I was reading everyone as null. There is nothing upto #27 I consider indicative either way.

Okay I guess we both misunderstood? LOL. I just thought my RVS didn't really count as a "joke" scumread or whatever you want to read it as and so I just assumed you would imply that the people I scumread (and not the person I voted!) was scum.

In post 60, MiniMegabyte wrote:Who would've thought that at the beginning of the game people joke around
Okay this was also sort of a wifom post to see your reaction to how well you took pressure early game. You took it well, unless this how you play good as scum. But I will give you towncreds for now as this post was not expected (yes, I expected a manipulative scummy post for some reason lol) but you did well responding to my points.
How well he took pressure? He just said his stuff wasn't serious? That get's town cred?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:56 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 68, Zyla wrote:
In post 67, VFP wrote:RVS sucks
True, but it's one of two options I know of to get the ball rolling. If you don't like RVS, how would you prefer town getting conversation going?
This is very very ironic because a No Lim has caused this conversation to get started and maybe get a read on you and maybe see interactions with other people. This is why I pointed you out earlier.

I lied.

Yes, I lied to you, it wasn't just because I pointed it out to say "it was funny", I pointed it out because I knew this was going to happen, and you weren't going to realize it after questioning hence why I had to lie so I can drop it off. But since, it has escalated ever since, the only reason this conversation happened was because VFP did a no lim. It's really NAI, and it seems like you are trying to set him up as scum for it. Yes, maybe he could be scum however, this is something more of NAI in my opinion, and shouldn't be taken as a regard. Many people no lim on day 1 and many people vote on day 1.

We will all be voting regardless by day 1, so there is no point to continue this conversation. I thought you would stop because you would find it unnecessary and NAI to keep going about a specific vote, specifically a no lim.

But you didn't.

So I will give you scumpings for this. I don't fully scumread you because you initiating this conversation could be towny of you but the way you are handling it could be scummy of you if you understand.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:57 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 86, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 84, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 63, Val89 wrote:
No, I wasn't.
MiniMegaByte

alstroemeria

How well he took pressure? He just said his stuff wasn't serious? That get's town cred?
Look at the full context please. Smh. The answer you are looking for should be within the conversation. I will give you a hint; the reason relates to a misunderstanding we BOTH had. (I am assuming)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Zyla »

I... I have no words

Hero solve {VFP, GrandpaMo}
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 89, Zyla wrote:I... I have no words

bad reaction.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 90, GrandpaMo wrote:

bad reaction.
Still much better than yours regarding Val89.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:"and your page 2 solve is just sort of thing I like to see" in post 36.
Considering town should be scum hunting, this clearly means you find something scummy about what I did
I'm sorry. Are we speaking the same language? A plain reading of "Just the sort of thing I like to see" in no way implies I find anything scummy about said thing. As I said earlier, if there was anything about my tone that made you think I might have been attempting to be sarcastic or cloy about it, I cleared that up in #42.
In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:You later said post 30 and 27 weren't serious. Does that mean other things may also not be serious? That's rhetorical.
It may well be rhetorical, but I'll answer it. Yes, #27 and #30 were my "RVS" stage posts. VFP and MultiMegabyte were null reads at that point, as were you. Everything else since then is deadly serious - I realised that your response in hero solving me + T3 was also likely non-serious; but your reaction to me asking you to flesh it out puts me firmly out of RVS and into serious scumhunt mode.
In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:I'm not moving my vote.
I should seriously hope you don't. I'm counting on your vote being on me, having now established it is a serious vote, will serve to bring attention to our interactions here, and with it the scrutiny of the other players on the content of my actual argument in #72. I note others have obviously read it, but have yet to engage with it. I can only assume it is because they are waiting to see how it plays out before chiming in, but I don't want this forgotten - I want as much attention as possible on it - because I scumread you HARD right now, and you've only made yourself scummier to me with every post.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 92, Val89 wrote:
In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:"and your page 2 solve is just sort of thing I like to see" in post 36.
Considering town should be scum hunting, this clearly means you find something scummy about what I did
I'm sorry. Are we speaking the same language? A plain reading of "Just the sort of thing I like to see" in no way implies I find anything scummy about said thing. As I said earlier, if there was anything about my tone that made you think I might have been attempting to be sarcastic or cloy about it, I cleared that up in #42.
In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:You later said post 30 and 27 weren't serious. Does that mean other things may also not be serious? That's rhetorical.
It may well be rhetorical, but I'll answer it. Yes, #27 and #30 were my "RVS" stage posts. VFP and MultiMegabyte were null reads at that point, as were you. Everything else since then is deadly serious - I realised that your response in hero solving me + T3 was also likely non-serious; but your reaction to me asking you to flesh it out puts me firmly out of RVS and into serious scumhunt mode.
In post 85, JamesTheNames wrote:I'm not moving my vote.
I should seriously hope you don't. I'm counting on your vote being on me, having now established it is a serious vote, will serve to bring attention to our interactions here, and with it the scrutiny of the other players on the content of my actual argument in #72. I note others have obviously read it, but have yet to engage with it. I can only assume it is because they are waiting to see how it plays out before chiming in, but I don't want this forgotten - I want as much attention as possible on it - because I scumread you HARD right now, and you've only made yourself scummier to me with every post.
You're just flaking.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 93, JamesTheNames wrote: You're just flaking.
I'm sorry. You will have to explain that one. I looked it up on the wiki and it appears to you think I am planning on dropping out of the game?

I can assure you, I have no such intention, particularly when it's going so well.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 94, Val89 wrote:
In post 93, JamesTheNames wrote: You're just flaking.
I'm sorry. You will have to explain that one. I looked it up on the wiki and it appears to you think I am planning on dropping out of the game?

I can assure you, I have no such intention, particularly when it's going so well.
I may have misunderstood flaking I'll go and find the word I mean more accurately. That's my bad.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Hi everyone!

So here’s what happened - there was a typo in the player list (see the L in my name but not in the vote count), so I didn’t get my role until just now. I realized this earlier today but felt like it would be inappropriate to post before knowing my role.

I’m out of the house right now so I can’t post a lot, but I have been taking notes and I’ll share some thoughts later tonight.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Hi everyone!

So here’s what happened - there was a typo in the player list (see the L in my name but not in the vote count), so I didn’t get my role until just now. I realized this earlier today but felt like it would be inappropriate to post before knowing my role.

I’m out of the house right now so I can’t post a lot, but I have been taking notes and I’ll share some thoughts later tonight.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Oh god sorry for the double post, great way to start… cursed phone
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 91, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 90, GrandpaMo wrote:

bad reaction.
Still much better than yours regarding Val89.
I explained to you with your question. And you didn't even bother to look/comment on that.

So you don't have a right to say that until you talk about what I said / or actually figure out the context!