Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.03

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Roden [2]:
ItalianoVD, Illwei
Bakslash [1]:
Bimblesticks
ItalianoVD [1]:
StrangeMatter
Illwei [1]:
Roden

not voting [4]:
GrandpaMo, Bakslash, The Bulge, Noraa

mod notes~ GrandpaMo is the new gray

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

Welcome!

I am replacing into this game as a learning metric for me to get better on a playstyle that fits me.

Now let me do my RVS in peace:

We vote nora here VOTE: norra
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 141, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm still waiting on Italiano to answer the question from #112. Really want to know what their thought process was with it.
Spoiler:
In post 112, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm wondering, @Italiano, why do you keep asking questions such as asking about people's votes or RVS like they mean something?

I ask questions the way I do because I not only want to just sort players I want to know and see how they think. I wanna know why people do the things they do or don't do the things they do. I want to know how players think and what's going on in their head, not just why they did something. I usually do this with RQS but sometimes I do it the way you see it here. It just depends on how I'm feeling. Some people think it's weird or suspicious but hey I'm not playing for them, I'm playing for myself and it works for me because I've caught plenty of scum/wolves that way, but it also helps me accurately pinpoint town players so finding scum is easier.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 142, StrangeMatter wrote:Where is everyone right now, I get that discussion is a bit harder with a person VLA, and one has to be replaced, but 6 other people aren't even talking at all. That kind of seems like a waste of a day to have no discussion whatsoever. So can those 6 people explain why they're not talking right now?
Yeah, sorry. Newbie games are a lot slower than other setups. I was busy and didn't really see anything to comment on at the time.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

UNVOTE: ItalianoVD

Holding off on this slot for right now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 138, Noraa wrote:
In post 133, Roden wrote:I'm town reading Nora at this point but I honestly wish I wasn't. Pretty sure she's just a townie giving scum a free Day 1.
fuck this makes me think you're scum even more. because I feel like newbies aren't so nuanced that they can townread me here despite me hard SRing but its also not right off the bat so maybe its genuine. honestly im pretty tunneled and I feel bad because that makes me think roden is town. for some reason, im particularly good at tunneling town and its not a great thing.
This is kind of what I mean when I say you're being condescending. Why is it so hard to imagine a newbie could be nuanced with their reads? I know you're in VLA now so this isn't getting answered, but man, this is not a good start.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 130, Illwei wrote:
In post 112, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm wondering, @Italiano, why do you keep asking questions such as asking about people's votes or RVS like they mean something?
This feels like an opportunistic jump

Idk abt here but I've heard RVS reffered to as RQS as well, random questions or whatnot. anything in RVS is more useful than nothing, and I think everything means more than nothing.
Not sure about what you thought that made this an opportunistic jump. I just wanted them to answer that question, and got what I think was a pretty good response from it, so I'm happy to back off.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 152, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 141, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm still waiting on Italiano to answer the question from #112. Really want to know what their thought process was with it.
Spoiler:

I ask questions the way I do because I not only want to just sort players I want to know and see how they think. I wanna know why people do the things they do or don't do the things they do. I want to know how players think and what's going on in their head, not just why they did something. I usually do this with RQS but sometimes I do it the way you see it here. It just depends on how I'm feeling. Some people think it's weird or suspicious but hey I'm not playing for them, I'm playing for myself and it works for me because I've caught plenty of scum/wolves that way, but it also helps me accurately pinpoint town players so finding scum is easier.
tell me what you got out of it?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 156, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 130, Illwei wrote:
This feels like an opportunistic jump

Idk abt here but I've heard RVS reffered to as RQS as well, random questions or whatnot. anything in RVS is more useful than nothing, and I think everything means more than nothing.
Not sure about what you thought that made this an opportunistic jump. I just wanted them to answer that question, and got what I think was a pretty good response from it, so I'm happy to back off.
what made u think it was a good response?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 155, Roden wrote:
In post 138, Noraa wrote:
In post 133, Roden wrote:I'm town reading Nora at this point but I honestly wish I wasn't. Pretty sure she's just a townie giving scum a free Day 1.
fuck this makes me think you're scum even more. because I feel like newbies aren't so nuanced that they can townread me here despite me hard SRing but its also not right off the bat so maybe its genuine. honestly im pretty tunneled and I feel bad because that makes me think roden is town. for some reason, im particularly good at tunneling town and its not a great thing.
This is kind of what I mean when I say you're being condescending. Why is it so hard to imagine a newbie could be nuanced with their reads? I know you're in VLA now so this isn't getting answered, but man, this is not a good start.
both of you sound like my personalities combined together holy fuck lol
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 157, GrandpaMo wrote:
Spoiler:

I got out of that why they asked that question, and a little bit of a look into how they play. That, is usually pretty helpful.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

im still here. i was on a staycation the last couple days while our floors were getting done, and I'm always terrible at remembering to declare v/la, mb. ill get to this tonight
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm going to reread more into Nora and Roden's arguments more right now.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 157, GrandpaMo wrote:
Spoiler:

In due time.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I quoted the wrong post, I meant to quote post #158 instead of post #157, so that's my bad.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

It's pretty much what I thought was good about post #152 as well.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by The Bulge »

hmmm ok I reread and there's this Roden post which isn't great, still feeling a tonal townread for sure, but thought this would be worth bringing to light
In post 57, Roden wrote:
In post 55, Noraa wrote:Tell me why Strange matter is scum and you aren't "reading too much into RVS" or is that just another RVS vote?
I have no way of knowing why Strange is scum, the game just started. I just put a vote on them to see what would happen.
this is a very odd response to the very common and simple request of "explain vote pls"
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 100, Illwei wrote:Sorry, yeah. Non Alignment Indicative

Basically Italian's questioning feels uberpointless because he's asking a question that doesn't need to be asked
Bak could have had some sort of scummy answer to that question, but really never a towny one.
really like this post. big town points for this thinking
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 105, Noraa wrote:I just got out of a game where I told myself ita was town for the whole game and just refused to see him as scum which ultimately gave him a lot longer to live than he deserved to(since a lot of people SRed him and I just shut them all down). I also know he's known to be LHF and often gets elimmed early in games due to his "scummy play style" I put that in quotations because typically I find him pretty towny. Idk I think the fact that he's getting heat now might be town indicative but scum games aren't always the same every game around since playerlist really matters. I find that newbies tend to pay attention to a lot of things that non newbies don't pay attention to and its possible that they caught something that just flew over my head. Bulge do you have thoughts?
not sure which part you want my thoughts on, but I agree with the sentiment that Italiano's questions have all been lacking in substance and followup, and often press the most trivial details. I don't have enough experience with him to have a say on whether that is in fact town indicative for him. and I agree with the line about newbies' POVs as well (see above post re:illwei!)
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 109, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 94, Illwei wrote:
In post 88, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t give analysis when I ask questions, that’s why I ask questions. I also don’t assume things because it annoys me to no end when people do it to me so I ask questions so people can actually answer them.
Can you define "assuming things" because I feel like at least a whole big part of mafia is based on assuming things, even if the assumptions are more of educated guesses?
Educated guesses are fine but I’m talking about there being a couple interpretations of something (post, interaction, etc.) and it’s assumed only from one side of the coin, like when someone assumes you are scum when you’re not because of a post and then locks in and doesn’t see anything from a town perspective at all. Like I said it’s annoying and I hate when it’s done to me so I know it’s annoying for other people and so I try not to do it, but I will say it’s a null action from me since I do it as both alignments so don’t read into like it means anything read wise.
I'm not a fan of this post and I cannot nail down why. but here it is now, maybe for later.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 113, The Bulge wrote:
In post 42, Roden wrote:
In post 35, StrangeMatter wrote:However, #25 and #26 are reasonable concerns. But I won't rule out the possibility that scum could've jumped on it to look town either.
What makes you think it wasn't just RVS to gauge your reaction? Not sure why you got so defensive, you weren't in any danger of being voted out.
where did Strangematter get defensive? I don't see what youre seeing.
@Roden
answer pls
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 166, The Bulge wrote:hmmm ok I reread and there's this Roden post which isn't great, still feeling a tonal townread for sure, but thought this would be worth bringing to light
In post 57, Roden wrote:
In post 55, Noraa wrote:Tell me why Strange matter is scum and you aren't "reading too much into RVS" or is that just another RVS vote?
I have no way of knowing why Strange is scum, the game just started. I just put a vote on them to see what would happen.
this is a very odd response to the very common and simple request of "explain vote pls"
What's odd? I explained my vote pretty clearly here. Nora asked me why Strange is scum and I don't think it's particularly notable for me to not know why someone is scum on page 2. If anything, the question was weird and honestly was pretty loaded.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 127, StrangeMatter wrote:It isn't who in this game is leaving out their thoughts, its more that its not pro town to hide what you think about someone or a situation.
I was asking specifically about . what prompted you to bring that up in the first place?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 170, The Bulge wrote:
In post 113, The Bulge wrote:
In post 42, Roden wrote:
In post 35, StrangeMatter wrote:However, #25 and #26 are reasonable concerns. But I won't rule out the possibility that scum could've jumped on it to look town either.
What makes you think it wasn't just RVS to gauge your reaction? Not sure why you got so defensive, you weren't in any danger of being voted out.
where did Strangematter get defensive? I don't see what youre seeing.
@Roden
answer pls
...Are you serious? You and Nora both reacted to it.
In post 34, StrangeMatter wrote:Well, this got serious a lot faster than I thought. It was really not a serious post, and had nothing actually important to say.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 171, Roden wrote:
In post 166, The Bulge wrote:hmmm ok I reread and there's this Roden post which isn't great, still feeling a tonal townread for sure, but thought this would be worth bringing to light
In post 57, Roden wrote:
What's odd? I explained my vote pretty clearly here. Nora asked me why Strange is scum and I don't think it's particularly notable for me to not know why someone is scum on page 2. If anything, the question was weird and honestly was pretty loaded.
hm looks more to me like a semantic issue between you two. alright