The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 113, The Bulge wrote:I don't see what youre seeing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm not really sure why I'm getting called defensive for reacting to getting death tunneled on page 2, but somebody saying "my post wasn't serious, your reaction is suspicious" gets a free pass.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by The Bulge »

as in, how is that defensive?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Roden »

???

What? Strange immediately deflected when a slight amount of attention got put on him and instead said you and Nora were suspicious for even bringing it up. I genuinely don't understand how that isn't seen as defensive.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 178, Roden wrote:???

What? Strange immediately deflected when a slight amount of attention got put on him and instead said you and Nora were suspicious for even bringing it up. I genuinely don't understand how that isn't seen as defensive.
Them, sorry.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I disagree with your recounting. there was no deflection, they admitted the concerns were valid, and in fact said it was townie of us to jump on it. they only acknowledged afterwards the possibility that it could be opportunistic scum looking for towncred so as to not give the impression they were explicitly townreading myself and Noraa, at least as far as I interpreted it.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by The Bulge »

*your being present in-thread rn and this being the next tab in my catchup are pure coincidence btw :wink:
In post 132, Roden wrote:
In post 115, The Bulge wrote:
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
is that why you voted them?
Already answered this. I put the vote to see what would happen.

Nora are you really just going to continue to pick and choose which posts of mine you'll read? Because if you're going to continue to death tunnel me over literally nothing I'd rather just self hammer and sign up for a new game. I already explained and answered everything I could yet you can't even be bothered to respond.
In post 133, Roden wrote:I'm town reading Nora at this point but I honestly wish I wasn't. Pretty sure she's just a townie giving scum a free Day 1.
I'm wondering if the first post here TMIs Noraa as town, and the second 7 minutes later is damage control, but this is only conjecture/bookmarking thoughts
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 142, StrangeMatter wrote:Where is everyone right now, I get that discussion is a bit harder with a person VLA, and one has to be replaced, but 6 other people aren't even talking at all. That kind of seems like a waste of a day to have no discussion whatsoever. So can those 6 people explain why they're not talking right now?
yea this was basically answered already, but the appeal of forum mafia for a lot of people is
so our largely-millennial userbase feels somewhat in-touch and up-to-pace with the modern era of social media and internet culture
so you don't have to be glued to a screen the whole time you're playing, only set aside some time each day to stay caught up and share thoughts/advance the game. some games move slower than others, and some players don't post every day (I'm not the best at this!), because that's what the medium allows for, and most people simply have other things to do.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 172, The Bulge wrote:
In post 127, StrangeMatter wrote:It isn't who in this game is leaving out their thoughts, its more that its not pro town to hide what you think about someone or a situation.
I was asking specifically about . what prompted you to bring that up in the first place?
more on this, because I disagree with the notion that hiding one's thoughts and processes is anti-town. a skilled scum player is paying attention to what townies are looking for and latching onto, and if every townie is precisely outlining their every thought process then the mafia have a roadmap to victory. I'm probably in the minority on this site for this, but I personally prefer not to show all my cards as town, especially when in active pursuit of a scumread. get them when their guard is down. of course it's important to cooperate with other townies and to collaborate on scumhunting, first of all to make yourself known and readable to other townies, and obviously second of all to catch the baddies more effectively, but there is generally nothing inherently wrong with playing more reserved.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by The Bulge »

that's all from me tonight, busy week of cleaning still ahead of me so I'll go ahead and call a
v/la til Sunday
, but you'll see me before then for sure
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 172, The Bulge wrote:
In post 127, StrangeMatter wrote:It isn't who in this game is leaving out their thoughts, its more that its not pro town to hide what you think about someone or a situation.
I was asking specifically about . what prompted you to bring that up in the first place?
Which part are you referring to right now?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 180, The Bulge wrote:I disagree with your recounting. there was no deflection, they admitted the concerns were valid, and in fact said it was townie of us to jump on it. they only acknowledged afterwards the possibility that it could be opportunistic scum looking for towncred so as to not give the impression they were explicitly townreading myself and Noraa, at least as far as I interpreted it.
You don't think scum ever does this? Furthermore, you don't see "guys it wasn't serious stop looking too much into it" as defensive, but when I say "you're looking too much into a comment" then that makes
me
defensive? No, sorry, it just doesn't work that way. You can't say it counts for one person but not the other.
The Bulge wrote:*your being present in-thread rn and this being the next tab in my catchup are pure coincidence btw :wink:

Nora are you really just going to continue to pick and choose which posts of mine you'll read? Because if you're going to continue to death tunnel me over literally nothing I'd rather just self hammer and sign up for a new game. I already explained and answered everything I could yet you can't even be bothered to respond.
In post 133, Roden wrote:I'm town reading Nora at this point but I honestly wish I wasn't. Pretty sure she's just a townie giving scum a free Day 1.
I'm wondering if the first post here TMIs Nora as town, and the second 7 minutes later is damage control, but this is only conjecture/bookmarking thoughts
What damage control? What TMI? Why are both you and Nora making up narratives in your head and trying to present it as fact here? Especially the "that's what I would do if I were scum" comment Nora made, that is 100% fabrication to prop up a false narrative. I don't care what you think you'd do or what you think is hypothetically going on in my head, because the reality of the situation is that theories and speculation don't matter when the facts are much more straightforward and simple.

If you think I'm scum, put your vote on me and flip me. I'm more than fine with you guys taking heat Day 2 once I flip green. I don't see any other way to stop paranoid SEs from trying to force their bad habits on newbies who are just trying to pick up the game.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by The Bulge »

when you made , you were talking about me and Noraa at first. why did you then start talking about "Leaving out part of someone's thoughts"?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 186, Roden wrote:
In post 180, The Bulge wrote:I disagree with your recounting. there was no deflection, they admitted the concerns were valid, and in fact said it was townie of us to jump on it. they only acknowledged afterwards the possibility that it could be opportunistic scum looking for towncred so as to not give the impression they were explicitly townreading myself and Noraa, at least as far as I interpreted it.
You don't think scum ever does this? Furthermore, you don't see "guys it wasn't serious stop looking too much into it" as defensive, but when I say "you're looking too much into a comment" then that makes
me
defensive? No, sorry, it just doesn't work that way. You can't say it counts for one person but not the other.
I never said scum never does that? strange is still a scumread of mine.

why are you getting mad rn lol when did I call you defensive
The Bulge wrote:*your being present in-thread rn and this being the next tab in my catchup are pure coincidence btw :wink:

I'm wondering if the first post here TMIs Nora as town, and the second 7 minutes later is damage control, but this is only conjecture/bookmarking thoughts
What damage control? What TMI? Why are both you and Nora making up narratives in your head and trying to present it as fact here? Especially the "that's what I would do if I were scum" comment Nora made, that is 100% fabrication to prop up a false narrative. I don't care what you think you'd do or what you think is hypothetically going on in my head, because the reality of the situation is that theories and speculation don't matter when the facts are much more straightforward and simple.

If you think I'm scum, put your vote on me and flip me. I'm more than fine with you guys taking heat Day 2 once I flip green. I don't see any other way to stop paranoid SEs from trying to force their bad habits on newbies who are just trying to pick up the game.
me: this is only conjecture
roden: why are you trying to present this as fact??
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by The Bulge »

back-against-the-wall, everyone-is-against-me attitude from roden moving him way up my list. let's talk, noraa!

im gone now tho fr gn
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: The Bulge
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 142, StrangeMatter wrote:Where is everyone right now, I get that discussion is a bit harder with a person VLA, and one has to be replaced, but 6 other people aren't even talking at all. That kind of seems like a waste of a day to have no discussion whatsoever. So can those 6 people explain why they're not talking right now?
Don't expect me to be so active, I joined this game because I don't have so much time during the days anymore but still wanted to play a game, so I figured one that wasn't 48/24 would be easier for my schedule.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 187, The Bulge wrote:when you made , you were talking about me and Noraa at first. why did you then start talking about "Leaving out part of someone's thoughts"?
Most of it was just trying to be trustworthy considering past experiences of having others not trust me, and Town being in complete chaos with nobody working together.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:21 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.04

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Roden [2]:
ItalianoVD, Illwei
Bakslash [1]:
Bimblesticks
Noraa [1]:
GrandpaMo
The Bulge [1]:
Roden

not voting [4]:
Bakslash, The Bulge, Noraa, StrangeMatter

mod notes~ Noraa is v/la until the 28th
~ The Bulge is v/la until the 27th

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Datisi »

prodding Bakslash.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:16 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

I don't think this is particularly suspicious - I've been following along fine I just wanted more time to think about my reads to make sure I actually had something useful to say.

My takes as of right now:

Roden is reading highly scum to me, he's being waaaaaaay too defensive at this point. Noraa is being pretty clear to give him credit, saying it's possible this is a tvt scenario and she's unsure, and Roden just responds by getting angrier and saying he's considering a different game. In my experience, when they see questioning they perceive as illogical, town tends to try and respond calmly while scum gets really indignant and defensive. I think it has something to do with scum being afraid of being eliminated for what they would consider "the wrong reasons".

I don't trust Italiano. Not only are their short and half-pointless questions weird, but everything they say reads to me in this tone of them being pissed off. But then again, tone is hard to tell over the internet.

I'm ever so slightly suspicious of Noraa, as I felt they went a little too far to justify them wanting the opinion of The Bulge, but I'm not particularly confident in that read.

I'm reading Illwei and The Bulge as town so far, both of them seem pretty reasonable, The Bulge moreso.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:24 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 190, Roden wrote:VOTE: The Bulge
I don't think scum sticks to a narrative of that long @buldge -- look at how roden didn't give up their reasoning. This is possibly tvt.

i would like to explore this

VOTE: BimbleSticks
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:26 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 195, Bimblesticks wrote:
I don't think this is particularly suspicious - I've been following along fine I just wanted more time to think about my reads to make sure I actually had something useful to say.

My takes as of right now:

Roden is reading highly scum to me, he's being waaaaaaay too defensive at this point. Noraa is being pretty clear to give him credit, saying it's possible this is a tvt scenario and she's unsure, and Roden just responds by getting angrier and saying he's considering a different game. In my experience, when they see questioning they perceive as illogical, town tends to try and respond calmly while scum gets really indignant and defensive. I think it has something to do with scum being afraid of being eliminated for what they would consider "the wrong reasons".

I don't trust Italiano. Not only are their short and half-pointless questions weird, but everything they say reads to me in this tone of them being pissed off. But then again, tone is hard to tell over the internet.

I'm ever so slightly suspicious of Noraa, as I felt they went a little too far to justify them wanting the opinion of The Bulge, but I'm not particularly confident in that read.

I'm reading Illwei and The Bulge as town so far, both of them seem pretty reasonable, The Bulge moreso.

roden plays like me when im town so im kinda biased but shh ;-;

but this could be scum cuz i also have done some possible AtE as scum but more towards the end of the game and not this early on
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:28 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 196, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 190, Roden wrote:VOTE: The Bulge
I don't think scum sticks to a narrative of that long @buldge -- look at how roden didn't give up their reasoning. This is possibly tvt.

i would like to explore this

VOTE: BimbleSticks
woops wrong person -- yall pfps are similar

UNVOTE: BimbleSticks
VOTE: illiwee
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:52 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 192, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 187, The Bulge wrote:when you made , you were talking about me and Noraa at first. why did you then start talking about "Leaving out part of someone's thoughts"?
Most of it was just trying to be trustworthy considering past experiences of having others not trust me, and Town being in complete chaos with nobody working together.
sorry, this doesn't answer my question at all lol. i dont know how else to make you understand so im gonna drop it.