Newbie 2069: Summertime [game over!]

Forum rules
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 221, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 219, Noraa wrote:
In post 162, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm going to reread more into Nora and Roden's arguments more right now.
I'd love to hear your opinion on it!
From what I see, these conversations feel very Town vs Town, where both have made posts that ping me as Town. However, I'm very on the fence when it comes to Roden's defensiveness, especially when they conversed with you, and then Buldge. It looks kind of scummy, but at the same time I'm not really able to read anything from said defensiveness, as it can go either way for me. I'm just going to leave them as a somewhat small Townlean for right now.
same. i think we are all town here actually.

and scum just lies between Illwei, Bakslash, Bimblesticks, ItalianoVD
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 203, GrandpaMo wrote:an emotional reaction usually stems from a newbie yk?
I wouldn't do that if I were you. You treat people like newbies and then get over on you.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Unless of course that's the plan
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 227, ItalianoVD wrote:Unless of course that's the plan
...Pardon?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@GrandpaMo: You can copy/paste what you want to quote. You don't have to quote the whole post. Just highlight what you want to comment on and press the quote button.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 228, StrangeMatter wrote:
...Pardon?
Roden reacting is not alignment indicative, it's probably just playstyle, but GrandpaMo dismissed it saying it's a newbie reaction and that Bulge should look elsewhere.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Feels agenda-y
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Are you talking about GrandpaMo and their TR on Roden right now

Also, @ItalianoVD, what do you think about the Roden slot?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 210, Noraa wrote:Ok and what players have you sorted so far?
None yet really. A few pings here and there. I was gonna go in on my thoughts and reveal what I'm really thinking and whatnot, but truth is, lol I don't feel like it right now, but I most definitely will.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 232, StrangeMatter wrote:Are you talking about GrandpaMo and their TR on Roden right now
Yup.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 232, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, @ItalianoVD, what do you think about the Roden slot?
I'll reveal my reasons for voting Roden during RVS a little later, but currently I am comfortable with where my vote is.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 230, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 228, StrangeMatter wrote:
...Pardon?
Roden reacting is not alignment indicative, it's probably just playstyle, but GrandpaMo dismissed it saying it's a newbie reaction and that Bulge should look elsewhere.
i did say that...
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 203, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 201, The Bulge wrote:
In post 196, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 190, Roden wrote:VOTE: The Bulge
I don't think scum sticks to a narrative of that long @buldge -- look at how roden didn't give up their reasoning. This is possibly tvt.
huh?
In post 198, GrandpaMo wrote: woops wrong person -- yall pfps are similar

UNVOTE: BimbleSticks
VOTE: illiwee
what makes you suspicious of illwei?
1. I feel like if roden was scum, they would have pivoted or kept deflecting -- an emotional reaction usually stems from a newbie yk?

But they have kept on and latched on to the same narrative with them pushing you with. I could be wrong, but right now that is how I am seeing it especially when everyone has quickly scumread Roden for this. This is why I thought roden is one of those players that can be easily taken advantage of in a newbie game by scum.

If they have other games they have played, that is probably the first place I would actually would check to see if they play like this all the time yk?

2. I am just exploring this for now -- (their vote on roden in post 102 and completely disappearing after that. logs seem like filler logs. in post 131, they talk about having to reread roden and not finding anything? -- it just seemed very out of place)
i thought the bolded implied that ^^ sorry for possible misunderstanding
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 229, ItalianoVD wrote:@GrandpaMo: You can copy/paste what you want to quote. You don't have to quote the whole post. Just highlight what you want to comment on and press the quote button.
thank you!!!

u actually reminded me to do this omg tysm...

like ive been gotten a lot of backlash for just quotewall spamming -- misunderstanding /confusion

so i will probably try doing this
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 208, The Bulge wrote:
In post 202, Roden wrote:
In post 200, The Bulge wrote:Roden, I hope you've had a good night's sleep and are in a better mood today. have you had a chance to reread our exchange from last night at all? because youre looking to me like textbook flailing scum. you became very emotional for no reason at all, and were accusing me of things I never even said or did. anything you wanna add/change to what you said?
You just can't help yourself can you? I meant everything I said.
uh, sure. so youre doubling down on claiming that I said you were being defensive yesterday? can you point that out to me? or that I was presenting my takes as fact when I explicitly said it was only conjecture/getting my notes out. wanna explain that one a little more?
So you're saying you don't think I'm defensive? You're saying you think Nora was completely wrong to claim I was? And you're saying I'm completely justified to think it's unfair to claim one person is defensive but not the other when they both make the exact same claim?

If you're not presenting your takes as fact then why do you keep repeatedly claiming that my actions indicate that I'm scum? Why are you claiming that I'm a textbook case of flailing scum? Are you saying you're just claiming things without really meaning it?
show me where I've been rude to you? serious question. because you were talking to me in and like I'm an idiot, and I cant find a single instance of me being condescending to you (except after you started throwing your little tantrum, because like....lol)
You...literally just admitted you were being condescending to me. Right in this quote.
why are they flimsy? all you've actually done is whine about it. show me why my arguments are weak.
Claiming that I TMI'd Nora as town and then tried to do damage control without even explaining what you meant by that. There was absolutely no basis and even when asked by someone else you refused to explain what you meant.

Brushing off every one of my comments, even when I make a valid point that I shouldn't have to heavily justify a page 2 vote you just claim semantics.

Literally everything Nora tried to claim I did that was scummy, which I thoroughly answered and clarified. This was all ignored and I still got called scummy over an actual false narrative.

The fact that all you can do is make repeated personal attacks against me and say "well this is textbook scum" as if that actually means anything.
i mean if youre scum youre scum, so "good enough for me" is either 1) you show me that you are town or 2) you are dead. so far you've done nothing to push the needle closer to option 1. if youre town and are genuinely trying to fight your own elimination, then you need to rethink your approach, because throwing a pissfit like this is not it.
Yeah, gonna just point out this is looking like typical gaslighting techniques at this point. Constantly discrediting me, insulting me, fabricating my emotional reaction that doesn't actually exist to sell a narrative, and trying to make me doubt my own actions and thoughts are, in your own words, textbook. Town has no need to gaslight anyone. This is legitimately scummy.
what do you mean by this?
Exactly what I said?
which questions have I avoided? I'd be happy to answer anything I've missed.
It's the fact that you are purposely picking and choosing what to react to. You ignored 90% of my last post just to make fun of me and tell me I'm being emotional. Which you then continued to do while purposely trying to poke my buttons.
LMAO you mean besides Noraa and the two people voting you (italiano and illwei) ,ie, literally half the game? like bruh are you even reading the game or do you just keep saying shit?
You mean Nora, who I was referring to here? And Italiano and Illwei, who made an RVS vote and a naked vote respectively?
even if this statement was even a little bit based in reality, uh, so what? nobody should push a read unless someone else shares it? that's not how the game works, come now.
We don't push reads in a read based game now?

Are you really trying to convince me this is in any way true?
my guy, I don't need to "paint you" as emotional :lol:
This is all your posts have been recently. I haven't made any personal attacks. I haven't gone on any rants with zero content. I haven't even made an emotional vote. I genuinely scum read you at this point.
what's your read on me then? all I saw was a naked omgus vote.
Let's not pretend my vote on you was the first interaction we had in the game. It's not a naked vote just because it's in a separate post.
??? what's the difference lol
The difference is that you keep making petty comments without actually explaining
why
you scum read me. "Textbook" is not an explanation, insults are not an explanation, and gaslighting is absolutely not an explanation. I'm fairly certain you know I'm not actually scum and that you know the fallout lands on you and Nora if you flip me. Both of you tunneled me way too hard with very little justification, just because you didn't like the way I typed my response. You want to keep saying I'm scum though, yet you also refuse to vote me. Are you afraid of what'll happen when I self-hammer?
yep yep yep if you open my ISO you can see it clear as day that I haven't discussed anything else besides your slot, yessir.

:roll:
Show me a post where you explain one scum read.
idk what to tell you here. reads change. I had a tonal townread on you which you have now ripped from my hands and wiped your ass with.
You literally scum read me after I answered your question and you didn't like that I disagreed with you.
In post 211, The Bulge wrote:this is what frustrated, caught scum looks like. if you're town, Roden, please relax, realize nobody is out to get you on a personal level, and realize that if you're being whiny and unpleasant as a defense, all that will get you is more votes. I'm trying to give you a chance to gather yourself and to pay closer attention to the thread when you're reading and responding to posts. if you're gonna be obstinate about that, then you don't get any benefit of the doubt, and I'd happily see you hammered into oblivion.
Just more pointless personal attacks and gaslighting. Yeah I'm certain you're scum at this point, I don't see a townie, especially a SE townie, pulling this kind of shit. You didn't act like this at all in the other newbie game we played. You didn't tunnel and attack people over and over, you just hung back, asked questions, then pressed scum when they made actually scummy posts.

Why do you refuse to vote me if you keep saying I'm scum and want to see me hammered? Why wouldn't you vote out someone you're certain is scum? This is flat out anti-town. It really does just sound like you know I'm not really scum but don't want the attention for pushing my wagon when I flip green. Town doesn't need to be manipulative like that.
In post 212, The Bulge wrote:gotta run (sorry Noraa), busy night ahead of me. Roden, take a deep breath before responding.
You very obviously keep making posts like this to get a reaction out of me. You over extended and exposed yourself, Bulge.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.05

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Roden [2]:
ItalianoVD, Illwei
Bakslash [1]:
Bimblesticks
The Bulge [1]:
Roden
Illwei [1]:
GrandpaMo

not voting [4]:
Bakslash, The Bulge, Noraa, StrangeMatter

mod notes~ Noraa is v/la until the 28th
~ The Bulge is v/la until the 27th

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:48 pm

Post by Datisi »

replacing Bakslash, as he failed to pick up his prod. if he posts before i find someone, he can stay.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Datisi »

piisirrational replaces Bakslash.
~M
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Noraa »

Ok I'll just try to check in every day because man this game has gotten my attention again. Strangematter is literally barfing town at this point. If anyone continues to SR there, they need to stop. Strangematter is 110% town and I will not budge on this read a single millimeter today. Strangematter's last post is HIGHLY town indicative in literally every single parallel universe. I'm going to flag that wagon down right now and ask that everyone looks elsewhere. The mix of emotion and trying to restrain themself, IS HIGHLY TOWN INDICATIVE. I'm telling you that town that is trying to work with other people and explain looks EXACTLY like that. there is no way Strangematter is not town here.

I still am not a fan of Grandpa mo but he sorta feels a bit like LHF, just someone with a typically scummy play style. I really don't like Grandpa mo if Roden is town because I feel like Grandpa is setting up associatives there. If Roden is scum, that's a bit different but I see a lot of scum come in, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY REPLACE(idk why but its a thing), that like to TR the most SRed townie to set up the argument later down the line that they would've joined the wagon if they were scum! I earlier mentioned newbie nuance is less than more experienced players' but this totally falls into newbie nuance categories and is 100% possible because it actually is a really simply thought process.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Noraa »

Rereading a couple grandpa mo posts, he really does look like scummy town because he's doesnt look like he feels caught which is typically what scum with his play style would look like there.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Noraa »

Spoiler:
In post 167, The Bulge wrote:
In post 100, Illwei wrote:Sorry, yeah. Non Alignment Indicative

Basically Italian's questioning feels uberpointless because he's asking a question that doesn't need to be asked
Bak could have had some sort of scummy answer to that question, but really never a towny one.
really like this post. big town points for this thinking
In post 169, The Bulge wrote:
In post 109, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 94, Illwei wrote:
In post 88, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t give analysis when I ask questions, that’s why I ask questions. I also don’t assume things because it annoys me to no end when people do it to me so I ask questions so people can actually answer them.
Can you define "assuming things" because I feel like at least a whole big part of mafia is based on assuming things, even if the assumptions are more of educated guesses?
Educated guesses are fine but I’m talking about there being a couple interpretations of something (post, interaction, etc.) and it’s assumed only from one side of the coin, like when someone assumes you are scum when you’re not because of a post and then locks in and doesn’t see anything from a town perspective at all. Like I said it’s annoying and I hate when it’s done to me so I know it’s annoying for other people and so I try not to do it, but I will say it’s a null action from me since I do it as both alignments so don’t read into like it means anything read wise.
I'm not a fan of this post and I cannot nail down why. but here it is now, maybe for later.
In post 170, The Bulge wrote:
In post 113, The Bulge wrote:
In post 42, Roden wrote:
In post 35, StrangeMatter wrote:However, #25 and #26 are reasonable concerns. But I won't rule out the possibility that scum could've jumped on it to look town either.
What makes you think it wasn't just RVS to gauge your reaction? Not sure why you got so defensive, you weren't in any danger of being voted out.
where did Strangematter get defensive? I don't see what youre seeing.
@Roden
answer pls
In post 172, The Bulge wrote:
In post 127, StrangeMatter wrote:It isn't who in this game is leaving out their thoughts, its more that its not pro town to hide what you think about someone or a situation.
I was asking specifically about . what prompted you to bring that up in the first place?
In post 180, The Bulge wrote:I disagree with your recounting. there was no deflection, they admitted the concerns were valid, and in fact said it was townie of us to jump on it. they only acknowledged afterwards the possibility that it could be opportunistic scum looking for towncred so as to not give the impression they were explicitly townreading myself and Noraa, at least as far as I interpreted it.
In post 181, The Bulge wrote:*your being present in-thread rn and this being the next tab in my catchup are pure coincidence btw :wink:
In post 132, Roden wrote:
In post 115, The Bulge wrote:
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
is that why you voted them?
Already answered this. I put the vote to see what would happen.

Nora are you really just going to continue to pick and choose which posts of mine you'll read? Because if you're going to continue to death tunnel me over literally nothing I'd rather just self hammer and sign up for a new game. I already explained and answered everything I could yet you can't even be bothered to respond.
In post 133, Roden wrote:I'm town reading Nora at this point but I honestly wish I wasn't. Pretty sure she's just a townie giving scum a free Day 1.
I'm wondering if the first post here TMIs Noraa as town, and the second 7 minutes later is damage control, but this is only conjecture/bookmarking thoughts

I'm pretty sure Bulge is town as well. I just read over one of his scum games. this wasn't what it looked like. here he's more willing to trust people(TR them), he's following up on questions and not just mindlessly shipping or pushing a townie. above are some quotes that I found that show very townie thought process. I especially think quoting a post and not knowing what to say about it but posting anyways reads very genuine.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Noraa »

In his scum game, he feels a bit more erratic and pulls reads straight out of his ass is kinda the feeling that I get. And the reason I think that is because I ISOed him and I think that basically what happens when he is scum is he kinda that he just lurks and occasionally gives opinions until someone else starts a big wagon and then he jumps on with bad reasoning but no one pays much attention cuz they all think its gonna flip red. In ISO it looks particularly funny but Bulge is almost certainly town here.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Noraa »

Town:
Strangematter, Grandpa Mo, Noraa, The Bulge

Now, who does that leave?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Noraa »

Both scum are in this pool and im close to 100% sure of it
{Illwei, piisirrational/Bakslash, Roden, Bimblesticks, ItalianoVD}

if any of them start pushing outside of the pool, that's gonna look bad because im certain that Strangematter, Grandpa Mo, and Bulge are town. I think it's pretty obvious that I am town but if anyone wants to challenge that, go ahead.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:48 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 225, GrandpaMo wrote:and scum just lies between Illwei, Bakslash, Bimblesticks, ItalianoVD
oh man I keep seeing your posts and they all say similar things to what im thinking. idk how I feel about that but I do still think you're town probably.