Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 210, Noraa wrote:wow this sounds self conscious. idk weak point but important enough that I'll mention it.
people can be self consicous and it not be AI
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay, tomorrow, sorry noraa.

I just neosporined up my arms, belly, and palms, Kittens did NOT want to stay still and felt the need to inform me dangerously.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 278, Cabd wrote:For the record, I did replace in because I saw you and GrandpaMo in the player list on page one, but didn't read anything else about the game, or have any opinions on any slot, let alone yours.
wait why
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 256, piisirrational wrote:Caught up with this thread. My predecessor posted nothing of note so not commenting on that. Here are my current thoughts on each player:

Bimblesticks - Only posted 3 posts that don't provide much information at all.

GrandpaMo - Null on this slot for now. None of their posts yet strike me as definitively alignment indicative, but to be fair, that's mainly on the context of the posts themselves. Once I get a better read on the interactions later I will be able to sort this slot.

Illwei - I'm not feeling this slot. Most of his analysis so far seems to be sorting actions as alignment indicative, which 1) there hasn't been much of, and 2) fairly little explanation as to why this would or would not be AI. Also I disagree with post 130. Asking someone a question as to why they're doing something isn't an opportunistic jump, it's trying to get more information. If it was actually opportunistic a vote would have been placed, which I do not see in the quote. He's actively lurking and kind of fence-sitting.

ItalianoVD - His gameplay seems quite different than in past games I played with him. To be fair, those games were a while ago, but in those games, he provided much more analysis to his thinking and seemed more willing to actually want to solve the game. Most of his posts are currently fluff without much explanation, and the questions do seem simple enough to be easily asked by scum. His town playstyle I think would involved more detailed posts. I also don't like how he dodged the accusation of his questions providing no note, since town!Italiano would actually want to address that because that's most of his posts right now that actually do contain content.

Noraa - I feel like most of the interactions so far concerning her are town but I can't point to specific posts yet. Nothing from her, skimming through this thread, strikes me as scum indicative, so townlean for now.

Roden - I disagree with post 53 and how anyone can "read too much into RVS." While the general purpose of RVS is to help generate content, it is still information to be gathered at the end of the day. In fact, it's generally the best place to catch scum because they aren't accustomed to figuring out how to manipulate town to its ends yet. Although he seems defensive in his accusations a bit I feel like this is actually quite town indicative because I would expect scum to be less defensive to try to stay under the radar. While you could argue that scum is also very defensive at points in this game, the fact that there has been very little information in this game so far and the fact that only a subset of the people are actually engaged in this, I think Roden is town because scum!Roden would just coast more because that's what some of the playerbase is doing. He would not post so much to bring more attention to himself.

StrangeMatter - I disagree with the notion that he's conftown because of his latest posts. Most of the time scum wins because they're way more towny later on and because most of the town mainly focuses on posts made later. As stated previously scum is usually less scummy later on because they've actually been accustomed to how town plays and can blend in more. I kind of scumread him a bit during the middle of reading the thread, mainly through posts like 34, and that kinds of ping me. That said, the fact that his playstyle seems to be consistent throughout most of the game would make this unlikely, so he's still a townlean. Not conf though and I can't rule him out.

The Bulge - Most of the analysis and explanation towards the situation with Roden seems fairly towny. Examples are in posts 168 and post 180.

Now, I do think it’s much easier to read people through interactions so none of these reads are set in stone. I didn't explain that much in my townleans and I'll do so later should they remain townleans by then. As of now I think scum lies between {ItalianoVD, Illwei, Bimblesticks}. Bimblesticks doesn’t have any posts which are scum indicative, but inactive people are usually scum, so should be taken into consideration. That said, I don’t want the first day lynch to be based on someone inactive because their flip, red or green, provides almost no information. This means I theoretically want the lynch to be on ItalianoVD or Illwei. So since I think a Illwei flip provides more information:

VOTE: Illwei
so now i got u + nora sheeping my poe. pog thats a first /s

but now nora scumreads roden -- im just so hard null on roden and hard town on sm, that i dont know how to solve roden lol
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 257, Noraa wrote:Ok ngl. I thought that huge roden wallpost was Strangematters and skimmed it and figured Strangematter was 100% scum for coming in like that despite roden receiving heat right now. now that I see that is roden's post, I take back the TR. I still pretty firmly believe there is scum in {Roden, Strangematter}
im not sure how to explain it but I do think there has to be scum there. I'm leaning Roden scum again.
Idk I am not sure what to think at this point like roden is making me feel bad but I still think that roden is just scum here.
I'm more willing to wait til tomorrow to assess roden because I feel like he could very easily just be town that I went to town on and everyone is now tunneling him because I low-key painted him in a bad light from all of that.

I would say we leave roden alone for today and revisit him tomorrow. that's my opinion here.
lol ur so town for this .. that was literally my thought process thru out that...

and i def agree
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 296, Illwei wrote:
In post 198, GrandpaMo wrote:yall pfps are similar
wow
In post 297, Illwei wrote:don't like #195 tbh. feels like all consensus opinions that he had to "think on a while to reach"
In post 298, Illwei wrote:
In post 200, The Bulge wrote:Roden, I hope you've had a good night's sleep and are in a better mood today. have you had a chance to reread our exchange from last night at all?
this doesn't give me good vibes
In post 300, Illwei wrote:
In post 210, Noraa wrote:wow this sounds self conscious. idk weak point but important enough that I'll mention it.
people can be self consicous and it not be AI
these seem like filler logs -- you come in to the thread talk about how you don't like something and leave and never addressing the two possible votes on you.

and never talk about anything else.

i have a question do you scumread bimblesticks then ? becuase u say u dont like their post in 195. just answer that question and i will have a 100% response to u
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 302, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 278, Cabd wrote:For the record, I did replace in because I saw you and GrandpaMo in the player list on page one, but didn't read anything else about the game, or have any opinions on any slot, let alone yours.
wait why
to be more specific, you joined because of me and noraa?

cabd u were one of my mod -- is there a specific reason of me im intrigued now :o
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Right now the person I'm the least certain on anything right now is Bimblesticks. Really want them to participate in the conversations more to read anything conclusive on them.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 305, GrandpaMo wrote:i have a question do you scumread bimblesticks then ? becuase u say u dont like their post in 195. just answer that question and i will have a 100% response to u
Relatively yes
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 305, GrandpaMo wrote:these seem like filler logs -- you come in to the thread talk about how you don't like something and leave and never addressing the two possible votes on you.
what would you like me to say to them?
if you find me you find me if you don't then you don't
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 307, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now the person I'm the least certain on anything right now is Bimblesticks. Really want them to participate in the conversations more to read anything conclusive on them.
VOTE: Bimblesticks
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 310, Illwei wrote:
In post 307, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now the person I'm the least certain on anything right now is Bimblesticks. Really want them to participate in the conversations more to read anything conclusive on them.
ok i think this confirms there is scum between bimble v illwee.

thanks for making it easier
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 309, Illwei wrote:
In post 305, GrandpaMo wrote:these seem like filler logs -- you come in to the thread talk about how you don't like something and leave and never addressing the two possible votes on you.
what would you like me to say to them?
if you find me you find me if you don't then you don't
what lol

ok then... let me ask u what makes bimble scum?

and do u have any townreds?

also what do you feel about roden?

and what do u feel about the scumreads on you? including mine
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:04 am

Post by Roden »

In post 255, GrandpaMo wrote:So I will ask you this @Roden, what do you feel like is different from here than in the game you played? Are there specific posts / quotes you can point out to me?
Bulge never fought people or engaged in ad hominem in that game. I answered his questions the same I did here and we both moved on. He didn't tunnel anyone, and in general he played a much more laid back game especially on Day 1.

I don't think town Bulge gets this invested in an argument that he doesn't think is going anywhere, and especially so when he's convinced someone is scum. Town Bulge is also more vote happy, but he RVS voted Nora just to get her attention, then voted and immediately unvoted Strange with zero explanation. He hasn't bothered to vote for anyone else, not even an apparent textbook scum.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:07 am

Post by Roden »

In post 298, Illwei wrote:
In post 200, The Bulge wrote:Roden, I hope you've had a good night's sleep and are in a better mood today. have you had a chance to reread our exchange from last night at all?
this doesn't give me good vibes
That's because the post is a contradiction. If you genuinely want somebody to calm down and relax, you don't purposely try to provoke them in the same breath. This is 100% inarguable proof that Bulge isn't genuine here. This is actual emotional manipulation. Town doesn't do this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 am

Post by Roden »

Keep in mind that we're on page 13 now and Bulge apparently only has two scum reads and he isn't voting for either of them, and is in fact defending one of them.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:25 am

Post by Roden »

Also, now that I know that Nora apparently just plays like this, I feel a lot more confident town locking her and brushing off her death tunnel. She's admitting she can't actually explain her read on me, it's literally just been a gut feeling all this time. Or at least that's all that's left at this point. I thought I actually did something wrong all this time, when in reality I just got caught in the path of one of her random bulldoze rallies.

Nora, if you're so worried about how good Cabd is and you're afraid of his pocketing skills, why aren't you worried that Bulge could be trying to pocket you? You don't think it's weird that he just started sheeping you page 1?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.07

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Illwei [2]:
GrandpaMo, piisirrational
piisirrational [1]:
Bimblesticks
The Bulge [1]:
Roden
Bimblesticks [1]:
Illwei

not voting [4]:
The Bulge, Noraa, StrangeMatter, Cabd

mod notes~ Noraa is v/la until the 28th
~ The Bulge is v/la until the 27th
~ piisirrational is the new Bakslash
~ Cabd is the new ItalianoVD

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Noraa »

Im about to be full on vla until the 28th. for real this time.
I dont like grandpa mo anymore. yay life is beautiful.
Roden, man you just really set me on fire with every post. Everytime I start thinking you might be town, you come back and light the whole fire up again. oh well. not my problem until I'm back from exams.

Bulge and Cabd are totally different things. Bulge is 100% town and even if he is scum, I'll be able to catch him. Cabd will steamroll our asses if he is scum. Bulge is 0% of a threat compared to Cabd.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 301, Cabd wrote:Okay, tomorrow, sorry noraa.

I just neosporined up my arms, belly, and palms, Kittens did NOT want to stay still and felt the need to inform me dangerously.
that's fine. I have exams soon so I'll be back in 3 days. make sure bulge doesn't die today. if he does, I will be very very angry bc he is town town town.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 318, Noraa wrote:Im about to be full on vla until the 28th. for real this time.
I dont like grandpa mo anymore. yay life is beautiful.
Roden, man you just really set me on fire with every post. Everytime I start thinking you might be town, you come back and light the whole fire up again. oh well. not my problem until I'm back from exams.

Bulge and Cabd are totally different things. Bulge is 100% town and even if he is scum, I'll be able to catch him.
Cabd will steamroll our asses if he is scum.
Bulge is 0% of a threat compared to Cabd.
So I take that you've had experience with them before?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:28 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

@Noraa could you give some insight please? Considering it sounds like you've played with them before.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Roden »

In post 319, Noraa wrote:

that's fine. I have exams soon so I'll be back in 3 days. make sure bulge doesn't die today. if he does, I will be very very angry bc he is town town town.
Bulge isn't going to get voted here. Not only do I doubt he'll get elim'd over me, I would literally tell everyone to just vote me first if he somehow gained traction. The two of you caused so much rep damage that I can't ever be taken to a elim-or-lose situation. You especially will tunnel me and throw the game if I ever live that long.

This is the biggest reason I'm so frustrated. My place in the game got ruined on page 2, I can't even replace out because you'll overthink it and unfairly tunnel my replacement as well. You can't even say this is untrue because you are, beyond all odds and reason, still in fact tunneling me. All I can do at this point is expose scum in hindsight, because you're just not going to believe me until you see my flip.
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

OK sure! I'm going to try not to get prodded for a third time this game, it's just that every time I log on to read I see a lot of stuff I don't really have strong feelings on.
In post 217, Noraa wrote:also grampamo, stop quoting long posts and saying a sentence about it if you are town! that's a scum tactic to waste space.
I agree with this sentiment - reading through this thread took twice as long bc of the amount of stuff I had to read from GrandpaMo, most of which I don't think was really necessary.
In post 310, Illwei wrote:
I think that's a bit quick to throw a vote on me there. I'll go ahead and return the favour.
UNVOTE: Bakslash
VOTE: Illwei

Not going to quote any posts to support this as there are so many but I don't buy that Noraa vs Roden is tvt. I understand people can get heated, especially when they perceive the other person as being not just agressive but unreasonable, but I think Roden acted really strangely here. They were extremely defensive, and voted against The Bulge despite seemingly everyone else in this thread either reading him as neutral or town (I personally read him as strongly town). I recognise the argument that scum wouldn't act like that for fear of being perceived as too different, but I also feel like a townie wouldn't act so strongly in response what feels to me like, if I'm being honest, perfectly standard questioning, out of fear it could make their SRs seem less valid. I think it just creates a lot of badwill.
In post 248, Noraa wrote:Both scum are in this pool and im close to 100% sure of it
{Illwei, piisirrational/Bakslash, Roden, Bimblesticks, ItalianoVD}

if any of them start pushing outside of the pool, that's gonna look bad because im certain that Strangematter, Grandpa Mo, and Bulge are town. I think it's pretty obvious that I am town but if anyone wants to challenge that, go ahead.
I'm confused about a lot of this. StrangeMatter's message seemed to strike a chord with you, and you thought "The mix of emotion and trying to restrain themself, IS HIGHLY TOWN INDICATIVE". I don't really see that? I mean obviously you have more experience at this but Strange's pushing on Illwei over scumday did seem really weird to me and their follow-ups, although they didn't make me any more suspicious, also didn't make me inclined to trust them in any way? They just seem like standard messages to me.

I agree Bulge is likely town. I don't feel strongly either way about GrandpaMo, if anything I lean slightly towards them being scum, if only because most of their posts this game don't seem like they contributed much to the conversation.

IN response to your 5 potential scum: Even though I did vote for Illwei, it was mainly because he voted for me. I honestly don't know if I think he's scum, he still reads to me as town, and from his perspective his vote might've just been intentioned to see if it annoyed me and made me say anything suspicious, as opposed to wanting to actually see me hanged. I actually still read Illwei as town. I don't have any strong feelings on piisirrational either way, aside from them not RVing at first which I think is pretty minor. But, I found Italiano's behaviour weird, and nothing swayed me in Cabd's initial posts, so I'm inclined to be most suspicious of them right now.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

In post 322, Roden wrote:
In post 319, Noraa wrote:

Bulge isn't going to get voted here. Not only do I doubt he'll get elim'd over me, I would literally tell everyone to just vote me first if he somehow gained traction. The two of you caused so much rep damage that I can't ever be taken to a elim-or-lose situation. You especially will tunnel me and throw the game if I ever live that long.

This is the biggest reason I'm so frustrated. My place in the game got ruined on page 2, I can't even replace out because you'll overthink it and unfairly tunnel my replacement as well. You can't even say this is untrue because you are, beyond all odds and reason, still in fact tunneling me. All I can do at this point is expose scum in hindsight, because you're just not going to believe me until you see my flip.
This was posted while I was still writing my previous post, so I didn't get a chance to respond to it in that. I don't have much to contribute that hasn't already been said, but I will say that everything you've said since your "place in the game got ruined" has read to me as bitter and vitriolic, like you think the behaviour of Bulge and Noraa is outrageous. I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to ask questions of you, and the reason they persisted in questioning you specifically, which you interpret as tunnel visioning, was because your responses, again, seemed bitter and vitriolic. I haven't completely ruled out the idea you're town, and others in this thread have said this could be a tvt scenario, so I don't think that you've been caused so much rep damage that it's irreparable or you can't ever be taken to an elim-or-lose situation. I recognise that the absolute worst thing to ever say to a person that you think is overreacting is "I think you're overreacting", but uh... I think you're overreacting, and have been for (irl) days now.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln