piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:19 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 365, Roden wrote:
I don't think Italiano/Cabd is town. I already mentioned it earlier but they have a lot of posts yet no real content. Italiano specifically kept teasing that he had a plan and a read list, but he never actually posted it.
In Italiano's case, to be fair, it could be because he was genuinely busy. Someone here said that he replaced out of all of his games in this site, which would make sense. That said, he probably could've made a post saying so if this was the case. Cabd isn't actively trying to solve the game either, however, so regardless of that fact I still scumlean the Italiano/Cabd slot.

Cabd, StrangeMatter, The Bulge, and Ydrasse, what are your current thoughts so far in this game?

Since Noraa replaced out I think reading the Noraa/Roden case in early pages is going to be a moot point now, and how I read Ydrasse moving forward will help me determine his alignment. Based on Noraa's posts I have seen I'm leaning more towards town on that slot, but that can still change based on Ydrasse's posts.
Bimble vs Illwei is an interesting situation. Illwei has made a couple naked votes now and I don't think it's alignment indicative. I voted for them earlier, but I think they're at least trying to play the game, at least compared to Bimble who has an abysmally low post count as well as inconsistent sorting. He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts, or is at the very least way too wishy washy for someone with low content. I think Bimble is the more likely scum between the two and his "OMGUS" vote on Illwei indicates that to me.
I disagree with the statement that Illwei is "trying" to play the game which makes him less likely to be scum over Bimblesticks. His ISO right now mainly consists of posts containing fluff and IIOA. The fact that he thinks that making those fluff posts which ups his post count in this thread is more important than actually answering questions from other people, is scum motivated. As town you'd want to answer them unless you think other people's questions are scum motivated, in which case you'd tell the town about it and explain why the questions other people are giving you is scum motivated. As for Bimblesticks, the OMGUS vote does look really scummy, but frankly it could also easily fall into the case of TSTBS, and that opens up WIFOM so I don't think that's strongly alignment indicative.

Between Illwei and Bimblesticks, I still think Illwei has the greater chance of flipping red, so my vote stands. Based on posts like 369 and 372, though, it's looking less likely that Bimblesticks and Illwei are scum together, so should one of them flip red the other one is very likely to be town.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:22 am

Post by piisirrational »

Current reads:

TR: GrandpaMo
TL: Roden
NLT: Noraa/Ydrasse, Bimblesticks, StrangeMatter
NLS: The Bulge
SL: ItalianoVD/cabd
SR: Illwei
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I have a question about some terms right before I put out my thoughts on the game so far. What is TSTBS and IIOA? Those are terms I see but not really something very new to me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:42 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ack, mistakes were made typing on a phone. It is something new to me.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:43 am

Post by piisirrational »

TSTBS = To Scummy To Be Scum

IIOA = Information Instead of Analysis
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:48 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 377, StrangeMatter wrote:I have a question about some terms right before I put out my thoughts on the game so far. What is TSTBS and IIOA? Those are terms I see but not really something very new to me.
lol where do u see this -- i havent seen those terms used before
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:49 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 375, piisirrational wrote:Based on posts like 369 and 372, though, it's looking less likely that Bimblesticks and Illwei are scum together, so should one of them flip red the other one is very likely to be town.
omg i love this game already -- like pls scum kill me night 1 pls
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 380, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 377, StrangeMatter wrote:I have a question about some terms right before I put out my thoughts on the game so far. What is TSTBS and IIOA? Those are terms I see but not really something very new to me.
It was in my post up above (post 375). I explained them in post 379.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:52 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 375, piisirrational wrote:Since Noraa replaced out I think reading the Noraa/Roden case in early pages is going to be a moot point now, and how I read Ydrasse moving forward will help me determine his alignment. Based on Noraa's posts I have seen I'm leaning more towards town on that slot, but that can still change based on Ydrasse's posts.
norrra is town pii... norra is town.

dw having paranoia about that spot because most likely nora having that geninue frustration and the early townreads (probably came from scum on norra) makes nora to flip town highly probable.

a very paranoia spot is roden/strangematter those two have very much scum equity but i am leaning town on both.

i act like roden when town AND scum at times and strangematter could be dumbtelling most of the time
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:56 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 382, piisirrational wrote:
no no not what i mean-- i was saying where have u seen them before (rhetorical question because i feel like its ogi / cheating to say )
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:57 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 384, GrandpaMo wrote:
no no not what i mean-- i was saying where have u seen them before (rhetorical question because i feel like its ogi / cheating to say )
In past games I played I've seen those terms (Newbie 2005 & Newbie 2010, for instance).
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:40 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 385, piisirrational wrote:
In post 384, GrandpaMo wrote:
In past games I played I've seen those terms (Newbie 2005 & Newbie 2010, for instance).
2005 and 2010 pog /s

but nah, thats cool, ig i just need to play more :(
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:57 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I am on mobile so just putting thoughts out here.

SR -> SL -> Null -> TL -> TR

None (not too sure yet). Illwei, Bimblesticks, Cabd. Ydrasse. Roden, GrandpaMo, piisirational, The Buldge. None (Seeing who’s consistent right now)

Periods separate each sections. This is not concrete and will be subject to change.

Sorry if it seems rushed, going to put main thoughts in later when I am not using a mobile phone.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:03 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

Are we all scumreading Illwee?

StrangeMatter have you explained your scumread? Where did YOUR scumread start from... ?

because it feels like me and piirational are the only one who actually had a geninue scumcase on illwee. (other than bimblesticks )

@strange r u able to scumcase them, WITHOUT saying anything we had already said -- unique info that illwee could be scum?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Roden »

In post 369, Bimblesticks wrote:
In post 358, Ydrasse wrote:oh, i wasn't asking for a response to anything particular, i just wanted some thoughts that weren't explicitly *at* someone i guess, but your read on things currently
I don't think Italiano/Cabd is town. I already mentioned it earlier but they have a lot of posts yet no real content. Italiano specifically kept teasing that he had a plan and a read list, but he never actually posted it.

Bimble vs Illwei is an interesting situation. Illwei has made a couple naked votes now and I don't think it's alignment indicative. I voted for them earlier, but I think they're at least trying to play the game, at least compared to Bimble who has an abysmally low post count as well as inconsistent sorting. He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts, or is at the very least way too wishy washy for someone with low content. I think Bimble is the more likely scum between the two and his "OMGUS" vote on Illwei indicates that to me.

GrandpaMo is town for actually trying to scum hunt and ask questions. Seems to generally just be excited to play the game, which isn't alignment indicative but makes me town lean them for that as well.

I've already given my case on Bulge.

Strange is null for me, but they haven't done anything particularly scummy. I need to reread their ISO but they're not pinging me enough to demand an immediate closer look.

Bakslash/piisirrational don't have enough posts but I think Bakslash town slipped by avoiding RVS.

And I have you town locked because of Nora.
"He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts" Could you elaborate? I think I've been completely consistent. Also, the reason behind my "abysmally low post count" is a) few people have pinged me or attacked me directly, b) I tend to write longer posts where I respond to everything I want to and c) I've already laid out my takes on everybody.
Your reads on people seem to change from post to post. Wishy washy is probably the better descriptor but I also thought your vote on Illwei made no sense. It wasn't even really OMGUS, you just kinda, voted. No scum read, no analysis, not even any real pressure.

I think your low post count has more to it than your given reasons. I don't really see you questioning anyone or pressuring your scum reads. All your posts do is state your mindset and keep your options open on who to vote for. There's no real scum hunting going on and you don't have any game reason not to do so.

Can you tell me why you seem so reluctant to pressure Illwei?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 388, GrandpaMo wrote:Are we all scumreading Illwee?

StrangeMatter have you explained your scumread? Where did YOUR scumread start from... ?

because it feels like me and piirational are the only one who actually had a geninue scumcase on illwee. (other than bimblesticks )

@strange r u able to scumcase them, WITHOUT saying anything we had already said -- unique info that illwee could be scum?
I just realized I made a mistake writing and rushing out my thoughts. To me they're actually null, due to me not reading into them much from the beginning. Plus, I doubt I could make a scumcase without saying anything already said anyways. I just now switched back to a computer, so I'm going to read into them and come back to this. I'll admit that this is a bit scummy, though.
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Bimblesticks »

In post 389, Roden wrote:
In post 358, Ydrasse wrote:oh, i wasn't asking for a response to anything particular, i just wanted some thoughts that weren't explicitly *at* someone i guess, but your read on things currently

GrandpaMo is town for actually trying to scum hunt and ask questions. Seems to generally just be excited to play the game, which isn't alignment indicative but makes me town lean them for that as well.

Strange is null for me, but they haven't done anything particularly scummy. I need to reread their ISO but they're not pinging me enough to demand an immediate closer look.

Bakslash/piisirrational don't have enough posts but I think Bakslash town slipped by avoiding RVS.

"He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts" Could you elaborate? I think I've been completely consistent. Also, the reason behind my "abysmally low post count" is a) few people have pinged me or attacked me directly, b) I tend to write longer posts where I respond to everything I want to and c) I've already laid out my takes on everybody.
Your reads on people seem to change from post to post. Wishy washy is probably the better descriptor but I also thought your vote on Illwei made no sense. It wasn't even really OMGUS, you just kinda, voted. No scum read, no analysis, not even any real pressure.

I think your low post count has more to it than your given reasons. I don't really see you questioning anyone or pressuring your scum reads. All your posts do is state your mindset and keep your options open on who to vote for. There's no real scum hunting going on and you don't have any game reason not to do so.

Let's dive into this:

"Your reads on people seem to change from post to post" Are reads not supposed to change as new information comes in? Like I don't understand this point. My read has changed on Illwei pretty hard, but for justifiable reasons (he's acting bizarrely apathetic). I initally read Noraa as slight scum lean bc she was a little agressive pushing you initially and she seemed to be a tad too defensive in justifying why she wanted the opinion of The Bulge. Her posts since, especially concerning you, have seemed sincere and reasonable, so I shifted to a town lean. For GrandpaMo I just made a point about how he posted a lot which made this thread harder to read, but I never said that makes him scum. From what he's been saying, I think he's town, so I don't think that counts as a shift in position. I'm pretty sure I've been consistent on literally everyone else? So how am I "Wishy washy"? Care to elaborate?

"All your posts do is state your mindset and keep your options open on who to vote for" I mean I'm pretty confident in pushing Illwei to elaborate right now, I think the way they're acting is hella strange. I also think you were acting defensive and bitter, so I said I was leaning scum for you and I still am. I said I was leaning very much town on the Bulge and I still am. I don't think not having strong opinions on everybody or even most people is a justifiable criticism, especially on d1. Like you call it "leaving your options open", I call it "not wanting to rush to conclusions and giving people time to defend themselves".

"I think your low post count has more to it than your given reasons. I don't really see you questioning anyone or pressuring your scum reads." I've questioned both you and Illwei multiple times. Like, I don't understand how to respond other than to say that's flatly untrue.

"There's no real scum hunting going on and you don't have any game reason not to do so." I'll give you an example of a scum hunt. I think you're being completely unreasonable and am moving you from a scum lean to a scum read. I don't buy you're town, I understand the concept of too scum to be scum, but I just don't think any townie could possibly write a post with as many false statements as this one.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Bimblesticks »

Right now I think there's scum out of Illwei, Cabd and Roden.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Actually, I have a quick question for @Illwei. How much do you know about playing Mafia?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 390, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 388, GrandpaMo wrote:Are we all scumreading Illwee?

I just realized I made a mistake writing and rushing out my thoughts. To me they're actually null, due to me not reading into them much from the beginning. Plus, I doubt I could make a scumcase without saying anything already said anyways. I just now switched back to a computer, so I'm going to read into them and come back to this. I'll admit that this is a bit scummy, though.

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

This is important that they answer. I'm not going to answer why I'm asking this question.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 372, Bimblesticks wrote:A statement on what? "apathy" How do you feel apathetic about three people reading you as evil?
my dear bimble
if only I could feel anythin but apathy rn tbh
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 393, StrangeMatter wrote:Actually, I have a quick question for @Illwei. How much do you know about playing Mafia?
Here? not much tbh.

My community is pretty casual. I played a game here and subbed out sometime during it. I think it might have been in december? or january. or febuary tbh. games here run for a while.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 395, StrangeMatter wrote:This is important that they answer. I'm not going to answer why I'm asking this question.
that's fun

tbh idk what you're really asking for here, you can search my username (though it seems that people are having trouble spelling it right smh.) and find me if you really wanted to tbh.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 391, Bimblesticks wrote:
In post 389, Roden wrote:

Let's dive into this:

"Your reads on people seem to change from post to post" Are reads not supposed to change as new information comes in? Like I don't understand this point. My read has changed on Illwei pretty hard, but for justifiable reasons (he's acting bizarrely apathetic). I initally read Noraa as slight scum lean bc she was a little agressive pushing you initially and she seemed to be a tad too defensive in justifying why she wanted the opinion of The Bulge. Her posts since, especially concerning you, have seemed sincere and reasonable, so I shifted to a town lean. For GrandpaMo I just made a point about how he posted a lot which made this thread harder to read, but I never said that makes him scum. From what he's been saying, I think he's town, so I don't think that counts as a shift in position. I'm pretty sure I've been consistent on literally everyone else? So how am I "Wishy washy"? Care to elaborate?
Reads should naturally change, yes, but yours seem to just be following general consensus. Like you're reading the room and then changing your reads accordingly, rather than having any real conviction with what you're saying. It wouldn't be so noticeable if you were more active, but when you only have seven posts (at the time) and you've changed your read on Nora three times, it looks off. You went from believing me vs Nora was TvT to ambiguous TvS. You believed Nora was town, then thought she was scummy, then back to town, just as the game state had already dictated. You believed I was town, then potentially scum, to now "too scummy", just as the game state already dictated again. These are not original thoughts.

Your read on Illwei meanwhile just feels half-hearted and ambiguous. You're claiming your read on Illwei shifted hard, but by your own words, this isn't true.
In post 323, Bimblesticks wrote:
I think that's a bit quick to throw a vote on me there. I'll go ahead and return the favour.

UNVOTE: Bakslash

VOTE: Illwei

Even though I did vote for Illwei, it was mainly because he voted for me. I honestly don't know if I think he's scum, he still reads to me as town, and from his perspective his vote might've just been intentioned to see if it annoyed me and made me say anything suspicious, as opposed to wanting to actually see me hanged. I actually still read Illwei as town.
So what exactly is happening here? Illwei hasn't acted any differently. You apparently now scum read them though according to your most recent post, but there isn't any kind of progression to this conclusion. It just looks like every other one of your reads where you're just taking general consensus into account.
"All your posts do is state your mindset and keep your options open on who to vote for" I mean I'm pretty confident in pushing Illwei to elaborate right now, I think the way they're acting is hella strange. I also think you were acting defensive and bitter, so I said I was leaning scum for you and I still am. I said I was leaning very much town on the Bulge and I still am. I don't think not having strong opinions on everybody or even most people is a justifiable criticism, especially on d1. Like you call it "leaving your options open", I call it "not wanting to rush to conclusions and giving people time to defend themselves".
I don't think it's unreasonable to have more than three solid reads after 16 pages worth of posts to dissect. Your current scum reads are just parroting what everyone else has said.

Also not sure how you can say I'm "bitter and defensive" with a straight face when you yourself got so incredibly defensive and bitter in your post here. Ad hominem is usually a scum tell though so I'm not surprised.
"I think your low post count has more to it than your given reasons. I don't really see you questioning anyone or pressuring your scum reads." I've questioned both you and Illwei multiple times. Like, I don't understand how to respond other than to say that's flatly untrue.
Can you show me where? I keep scanning your ISO and I'm not seeing anything resembling questions or pressure. You even admitted you didn't do any of this in your previously stated reasons so I'm not sure why you've decided to immediately contradict yourself.
"There's no real scum hunting going on and you don't have any game reason not to do so." I'll give you an example of a scum hunt. I think you're being completely unreasonable and am moving you from a scum lean to a scum read. I don't buy you're town, I understand the concept of too scum to be scum, but I just don't think any townie could possibly write a post with as many false statements as this one.
This isn't scum hunting lol. This is OMGUS without the vote. How am I being unreasonable? All I did was ask some questions and make some observations. Can you point out any specific false statements I've made about you? Can you show me an example of you scum hunting anyone at all?