Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:02 am

Post by VFP »

In post 1203, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1198, VFP wrote:
In post 1194, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1192, VFP wrote:Just delaying what's going to happen.
good
Listen I know you said you don't like mine and Nom's plan here but just go with it.
I don't think you've mentioned me or Nom this game actually.
i think you're both town, i mentioned nom earlier as a tr
This for example.
Dragon hasn't once mentioned me but happy to put us both as town?

And Dragon has been pretty vocal up to this point about tow reads.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: STD
Sure
I prefer they, thanks :)
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:04 am

Post by VFP »

In post 2549, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2547, VFP wrote:{Dragon, Osuka}?
why do you think i'm partnered with osuka
Not why do I think he's scum, why do I think he's partnered with Osuka.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 am

Post by VFP »

In post 2632, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: osuka
In post 2720, Save The Dragons wrote:why do you think osuka is town
This just seems bussing.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:06 am

Post by VFP »

VOTE: Save the dragons

I think it's a confident place to go.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

no why is town voting me
aka Fenrir
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3039, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 2971, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2970, ChaosOmega wrote:So nothing he's done makes you town-read him, good to know.
Well what makes you Scum Read me? Maybe talk me through how you’re seeing the game because honestly I find you null.
VFP has already gone into this a bit, but your push in // that you're town because you voted osuka all day D1 is dumb. He was in 0 danger, and you avoided this game at the end of D1 while posting elsewhere. When osuka was actually eliminated on D2, you didn't vote for him because you town-read him. The leading counter wagon was Anya, which you disparaged in and then jumped on in to try and push through. Your tone in defending yourself today has shifted weirdly, you started with the osuka point earlier, got pushback, and switched to an AtE in /. These two thought processes don't make sense to me together, showing how town you are because of your scum vote and woe is me, my reads are so bad. It looks like you're just trying to see what defense works best for you.
My reads aren’t bad. I just caution typically that my accuracy tends to go up significantly as the game drags on. But I do have some games were I get most of it right. And of course I have games were I shit the bed. Hopefully not as often, but it definitely happens.

The problem with your assertion that I was posting elsewhere and not here as if that’s a reason to SR me is that it lacks context. Did you read the game I was posting in? Do you know why I was so focused on a different game? Or do you just think that I should have divided my attention equally between a game in ELo where my vote and influence were decisive, and this game?

I’m not trying out defenses. Some games I play well in and I’m obvious Town. I had a few games pile up and I just couldn’t pay as much attention to all of them so I tried to focus at key moments. That’s what happened here. I don’t have to defend myself really - I just have to contribute in a way so that if I am executed, I can help after. I know there’s players here that will listen. Or at least consider my point of view.

And just so we’re clear, I recall TR’ing osuka because they defended Town in a way I didn’t expect. Yes, Nero was easy to defend in a way because they were obvious Town. But I do recall osuka bashing Dunn as an alternative, saying that it was a stupid execution. I forget the exact context and on my re-read maybe I can point that out to you, but that’s what I thought. I was wrong, and I expressed later that same day that I was still skeptical (go find my post before just saying that I TR there), but yes I never got around to voting for them because the day ended a bit earlier.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I really dislike when people just bash shit as AtE. I am not directly appealing to anyone’s emotions. If I was, I would be insulting people for SR’ing me or whatever. The slightest show of frustration is not AtE. Like get off your high horse.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Andresvmb »

STD is a bad vote. Sure nobody needs to listen to me but I really doubt it’ll flip Scum. Titus or DotW or T3 seem like vastly superior choices to me. But again, I need to finish reading. Unfortunately I have work to do.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Titus »

I feel that almost any push besides the neighbors is bad but I will compromise on anyone but Dotw and DGB to get the game going as my non-mechanical reads are getting stale.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Also I would like for anyone here to explain why then I TR both petapan and Nero Cain, even though the Scum were clearly looking to shield nom3 at one point D1 by piling on petapan (go back and look at how, after the attention really shifts against nom3, and some voters some of which have to be Town continue expressing skepticism of petapan, that the Scum decisively drive back there around ). But where was I? Not on either wagon. And nobody seems to be flagging that post from Titus. Or from T3, where they see a wagon developing on Scum (nom3), who is the most important Scum PR most likely, and goes for a vote on petapan that contradicts an earlier take from them after the Team was clearly trying to focus elsewhere. Which is horrifying. Or how about the reads from DotW on ?

The only reason I think DGB is Town is because of how much osuka disparaged their thinking at different times. But honestly, most of the early takes are bad. And DW? I read the first 500 posts slowly and carefully, and found a lot to be concerned about. Which is why I need to read in detail what happened with Anya, because when you read posts like , which I have in my notes as a terrible defense of nom3, and the exchange that follows with Nero Cain, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Rathe is never Scum. I don’t know why they’re in anyone’s POE. The scrutiny from the Scum and votes, some of the exchanges… it’s just never the case. VFP please go back and read D1 and tell me why the Scum ever pile so many votes there as an alternative to their players then. Stuff like for example.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

That’s just not a post that osuka as a Partner is likely to make I would argue. But maybe I’m wrong I don’t know.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Anyway, like I said, this game is long and I need some time. But I really do think the Scum are squarely among {Titus, Titus, DotW}. I have Chaos which I need to just look at carefully I haven’t had the time, and DGB. DW is an outside candidate for Scum. Everyone else is, I’m almost sure, Town. I would be amazed if STD or Anya flipped Scum, but maybe not totally shocked, but Rathe is just… never Scum.

Now, the ONE caveat I’ll give on Rathe (now that we know that it’s also Italiano), is that I know that as Scum, they can and do sometimes provides reads that are all correct. They literally had a solve in a prior game that just finished where they put only Town as solid Town, and left the rest of their Team as Null or Scum. It was incredibly risky, but that helped make me seriously think they were just Town. The accuracy here also seems uncanny, so that’s the only thing. But I just think some of the exchanges definitely lower the odds of this.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3062, Andresvmb wrote:among {Titus, Titus, DotW}.
{Titus, T3, DotW}*.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If you think Anya is town and I'm evil you'll have to figure out why I spent all of yesterday saying Anya was a bad elimination and then randomly wagoned Osuka.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3064, Dwlee99 wrote:If you think Anya is town and I'm evil you'll have to figure out why I spent all of yesterday saying Anya was a bad elimination and then randomly wagoned Osuka.
You clearly haven’t read what I wrote. That’s alright.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You have me as an outside candidate which is still meh
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I have Chaos as null* though they do seem to believe their case against me I guess.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

@Andres - unfortunately the bad takes in 639 were me being dumb, not scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3066, Dwlee99 wrote:You have me as an outside candidate which is still meh
It’s not if you read your contributions in the early part of the game. I don’t know how many times I need to keep repeating that I need to read D2 closely too before I solidify my pyramid. Once I’m done maybe I’ve changed my mind. But I did think maybe it was helpful to get some of this out now.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3068, Dragon of the West wrote:@Andres - unfortunately the bad takes in 639 were me being dumb, not scum.
That’s fine I defended nom3 like an idiot and I thought osuka was Town D2. It’s not like I’m not full of dumb takes. In my defense, I really wasn’t paying enough attention. I am now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata
Location: Bad Player Correctional Institute, for parole violations

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3058, Andresvmb wrote:DotW [...] seem like vastly superior choices to me
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata
Location: Bad Player Correctional Institute, for parole violations

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:59 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3064, Dwlee99 wrote:If you think Anya is town and I'm evil you'll have to figure out why I spent all of yesterday saying Anya was a bad elimination and then randomly wagoned Osuka.
What if I think Anya is scum and you're not?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:00 am

Post by VFP »

In post 3058, Andresvmb wrote:STD is a bad vote. Sure nobody needs to listen to me but I really doubt it’ll flip Scum. Titus or DotW or T3 seem like vastly superior choices to me. But again, I need to finish reading. Unfortunately I have work to do.
What makes him town?
In one or 2 sentences.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I think the early game has helped me sort out some players as obvious Town. I don’t think I would ever vote for {Rathe, Kyouko, VFP, STD, Anya}. Based on some of the early play and takes. That’s all. Like I said if you blow up the rest of the game I would argue you probably win. But nothing is 100% certain.