Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 306, GrandpaMo wrote:cabd u were one of my mod -- is there a specific reason of me im intrigued now :o
This one?

I ALWAYS enjoy getting to moderate a new player then join them in a game down the line. it means I didn't fuck up modding so badly that you left the site screaming in terror.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:28 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 424, The Bulge wrote:
In post 422, Cabd wrote:To me, Roden reads as somebody incredibly frustrated by the game and people's perception, and determined to feel heard and validated, damn the torpedoes.
I think what grandpamo was saying makes sense to me now, about roden staying this path. I think people on this site too often assume that scum plays optimally at all times and is immune to accidentally weakening their own position (like when people say "why would they make this really sloppy move as scum?" I tend to think "because whatever we were doing worked"). but the statements Roden makes in his moments of passion are so consistently false and nonsensical I'm not sure I'm comfortable reading the reactionary posting as AI after all.
What I am going to say may be controversial so bear with me...

Yea, it also because I am semi-new and just experienced this. As scum, I have done this in my Aliensitter Needed game, I made long posts just trying to confuse town, but I didn't do it on purpose, I actually had those thoughts and wanted to explain them but I just couldn't in a way where someone would understand me. Everyone said I had a weird playstyle and that no-one could have understand me. My first newbie game, my first aggressive interaction I had was with JacksonVirgo, we were both two townies going about it. Then I stopped, and I realized that this could be town only if I stopped though. So I did, JV did as well (in their notes PT, they had acknowledged it and they thought I could be towny because they didn't think newbscum would be this aggressive). After that, I played my first scum game (Aliensitter needed) and played the tryhard scum playstyle which I just explained a few back. Some town game after that ... I also got heated up with another player, I was town and they were town, and I realized they weren't making any sense, weren't answering my questions. But it took me a long time to realize that correlation does NOT cause causation, yup in a game of mafia. Not answering questions, having no clue what they are talking about, long meming posts does NOT mean they are scum. Many people on this site think that is the case though -- they think that scum will always act the best "scummy" they can or act the best "towny" they can. In this case, this is what you were referring about when you said "optimally". So hopefully, in the future, people realize that meta is a tool that can be used. Not many people analyze it especially after them not being newbies anymore. They concur on current games and always correlate from their skillset -- or perceptual set, and mind skillset.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:29 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 450, Cabd wrote:
In post 306, GrandpaMo wrote:cabd u were one of my mod -- is there a specific reason of me im intrigued now :o
This one?

I ALWAYS enjoy getting to moderate a new player then join them in a game down the line. it means I didn't fuck up modding so badly that you left the site screaming in terror.
LOL, yes, I loved your first game. I hope to mod sometime soon :) and maybe you may be in my game ;)

I will def give you credit in the future for making my stay enjoyable
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 449, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 447, GrandpaMo wrote:I feel like Pii is indidually towny, but with Illwee -- they seem scummy.

I have a question (anyone can answer this) ... How do I as town, approach a sitatuion for this? Do I overall townread them because they had posts that showed their towniess? Or do I scumread them overall, because associative with Illwee -- they could have been just sheeping me to follow a bus on them.
Can I see what pings you as a possibility of those two being scum together?
Can you rephrase your question? Or explain what you mean? Because I am having a hard time understanding this.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:31 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 451, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 424, The Bulge wrote:
In post 422, Cabd wrote:To me, Roden reads as somebody incredibly frustrated by the game and people's perception, and determined to feel heard and validated, damn the torpedoes.
I think what grandpamo was saying makes sense to me now, about roden staying this path. I think people on this site too often assume that scum plays optimally at all times and is immune to accidentally weakening their own position (like when people say "why would they make this really sloppy move as scum?" I tend to think "because whatever we were doing worked"). but the statements Roden makes in his moments of passion are so consistently false and nonsensical I'm not sure I'm comfortable reading the reactionary posting as AI after all.
What I am going to say may be controversial so bear with me...

Yea, it also because I am semi-new and just experienced this. As scum, I have done this in my Aliensitter Needed game, I made long posts just trying to confuse town, but I didn't do it on purpose, I actually had those thoughts and wanted to explain them but I just couldn't in a way where someone would understand me. Everyone said I had a weird playstyle and that no-one could have understand me. My first newbie game, my first aggressive interaction I had was with JacksonVirgo, we were both two townies going about it. Then I stopped, and I realized that this could be town only if I stopped though. So I did, JV did as well (in their notes PT, they had acknowledged it and they thought I could be towny because they didn't think newbscum would be this aggressive). After that, I played my first scum game (Aliensitter needed) and played the tryhard scum playstyle which I just explained a few back. Some town game after that ... I also got heated up with another player, I was town and they were town, and I realized they weren't making any sense, weren't answering my questions. But it took me a long time to realize that correlation does NOT cause causation, yup in a game of mafia. Not answering questions, having no clue what they are talking about, long meming posts does NOT mean they are scum. Many people on this site think that is the case though -- they think that scum will always act the best "scummy" they can or act the best "towny" they can. In this case, this is what you were referring about when you said "optimally". So hopefully, in the future, people realize that meta is a tool that can be used. Not many people analyze it especially after them not being newbies anymore. They concur on current games and always correlate from their skillset -- or perceptual set, and mind skillset.
Wait I forgot Cabd was here, I believe they can back me up on this haha (on my newbie game)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Cabd »

Yeah I was watching from the nosebleed seats the whole time. Yours is one of the many examples that my "unknown newbie town model" has figured into it for this kind of righteous indignation.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:42 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 453, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 447, GrandpaMo wrote:I feel like Pii is indidually towny, but with Illwee -- they seem scummy.

I have a question (anyone can answer this) ... How do I as town, approach a sitatuion for this? Do I overall townread them because they had posts that showed their towniess? Or do I scumread them overall, because associative with Illwee -- they could have been just sheeping me to follow a bus on them.
Can you rephrase your question? Or explain what you mean? Because I am having a hard time understanding this.
Can you please point out what makes it seem like they are sheeping you into a bus?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:51 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 456, StrangeMatter wrote:

Can you please point out what makes it seem like they are sheeping you into a bus?
I don't think I will say now.

I don't have a reason to say it now.

Is that okay? Or are you going to force me say it smh.

I just had a question -- since I am interacting with you now.

Do you agree or disagree? Or you don't have the info to tell.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 457, GrandpaMo wrote:

Sorry to wade into this line of questioning but would it perhaps be better to reserve this for AFTER ilway flips?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 455, Cabd wrote:Yeah I was watching from the nosebleed seats the whole time. Yours is one of the many examples that my "unknown newbie town model" has figured into it for this kind of righteous indignation.
"Unkown Newbie Town Model" = Cabd's Mindmelding Extracting Machine!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 458, Cabd wrote:

Sorry to wade into this line of questioning but would it perhaps be better to reserve this for AFTER ilway flips?

Why do you think I didn't want to say it ;)

Are we having the same thought or were you just thinking of something else similar lol
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 458, Cabd wrote:

Also are you like hard set on Illwee? Cna you explain why?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 460, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 458, Cabd wrote:

Why do you think I didn't want to say it ;)

Are we having the same thought or were you just thinking of something else similar lol
Probably a mix of both instances, here.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 461, GrandpaMo wrote:Also are you like hard set on Illwee? Cna you explain why?
I am fairly set on Ilway yeah.

Uh, do you mind if I answer your question with some reading homework?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 463, Cabd wrote:
In post 461, GrandpaMo wrote:Also are you like hard set on Illwee? Cna you explain why?
I am fairly set on Ilway yeah.

Uh, do you mind if I answer your question with some reading homework?
If you truly hate yourself to a masochistic level, here's some reading homework, dual ISO myself and sircakez.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84949

Or, if you EXTRA hate your free time, read this one:

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12791300

(Morph the cat is a hydra of myself and fferyllt, who you may have seen around a bit)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Cabd »

The TLDR if you wish to preserve your sanity is that sometimes, i get my hooks into a REALLY good read, and become fairly determined. As this is a newbie game what i'm NOT going to do is shout and bully my way to getting it, as I am willing to do in a large theme full of veterans that would have the confidence to tell me to shove it up my arse, spiky end first.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 457, GrandpaMo wrote: I don't think I will say now.

I don't have the information to give a reasonable answer to this. I kind of wish you would say now, but you'd better give a good reason if Illwei ends up flipping green.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Cabd »

:/ Why must you make such terrible posts after I town read you, Strange?

I told you this is the universe punking me, isn't it?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Cabd »

That post reads like you're chaining a lim onto grandpappy and know that ilway is gonna flip green.

And i mean it's just as likely poor phrasing but look at what you've done to my beautiful townread of you.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 466, StrangeMatter wrote:

I don't have the information to give a reasonable answer to this. I kind of wish you would say now, but you'd better give a good reason if Illwei ends up flipping green.
Okay so I thought you would have said. So now you tell me, how do you expect me for you to tell you how I think about pairs / associations if you aren't willing to look at it for yourself? What makes you think I will tell you now?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 467, Cabd wrote::/ Why must you make such terrible posts after I town read you, Strange?

lol i thought the same thing --
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 469, GrandpaMo wrote:

Okay so I thought you would have said. So now you tell me, how do you expect me for you to tell you how I think about pairs / associations if you aren't willing to look at it for yourself? What makes you think I will tell you now?
Because remember, YOU asked me that question regarding pings about a bus. Prove to me that if I were to give you a series of text regarding a possible bus, then how will use that information to your advantage, as town of course. Unless you are scum, feel free to explain either way and give me assurance that you are scum.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 470, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 467, Cabd wrote::/ Why must you make such terrible posts after I town read you, Strange?

Am I completely off base with 468?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 471, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 469, GrandpaMo wrote:

Because remember, YOU asked me that question regarding pings about a bus. Prove to me that if I were to give you a series of text regarding a possible bus, then how will use that information to your advantage, as town of course. Unless you are scum, feel free to explain either way and give me assurance that you are scum.
I'd analyze what they are giving to me, and use that to gauge if they are Town or Scum, based off what is given. If it seems what information is given doesn't seem right or is very inadequate, then I'd put into question the person giving out that information in the first place.

As for that very scummy post, I'd like to first address that I don't scumread others pushing them, but definitely think it's still something should be questioned about. If you think that is chainsaw, then fine, but it isn't, and is only what you think from what I've said.

I do not want to deal with this right now, so I'm going to come back to this game later.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 472, Cabd wrote:
In post 470, GrandpaMo wrote:

Am I completely off base with 468?
not really -- i was just individially looking at them.

but looking back, i dont think they could be capable of doing that. newbies usually dont think ahead most of the time