Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 121, Zyla wrote:Why not? Sure we shouldn't eliminate him right now, as it's early in the day, but most people seem to agree that they're hard to read and would be an easy mis-elim
Mainly because I don't want to put too much stock in what most people seem to agree when I've not played with him, and I don't think I've yet read a newbie game with him in it.

Early days, but I haven't yet seen anything to suggest he will be trouble, or any harder to read than anyone else in the game.

I said what I said because I wanted to be clear that when I said "I still think NM should be the lim today" I was 100 percent in non-serious territory. Just in case people thought I was obviously being non-serious about the reasons, but I do actually want NM gone today - I don't. I'm not in the 'policy lim NM' camp either at this stage. He gets as fair a shake at showing himself town or scum in this particular game as the rest of you, despite my RVS vote falling there.
In post 121, Zyla wrote:You both really seem to like taking what the other person is saying out of context
Well, I took Alstro to mean they were confused if Luke was playing along with me or not because that's the same way I felt at the time, until they cleared it up after prompting. If you think we are both wrong, best just to wait for Alstro themselves to weigh in.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 125, Val89 wrote:Mainly because I don't want to put too much stock in what most people seem to agree when I've not played with him, and I don't think I've yet read a newbie game with him in it.

Early days, but I haven't yet seen anything to suggest he will be trouble, or any harder to read than anyone else in the game.
In the one I read, it seemed to be consistent with his normal (from the meta-reading I did out of curiosity) except for the fact that he doesn't do quickhammers in newbies

As for the second part, he's claimed himself that he's not voting seriously, which at least to me seems like an anti-town red flag (whether or not he's scum), what's your thought on that?

Also, my main thing was that you said flat out he wasn't the vote today; wouldn't you be willing to eliminate him if more information pointed to him being scummy?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello -- I have slept on it, and reread Val's points. I am just pretty sure Val just is scum here -- But I also am aware that I am not the greatest at convincing people to follow me (I would say that the Newbie game against Zyla and T3 was the exception, not the rule) -- So I accept defeat on trying to convince anyone over the prior discussion, and will simply keep an eye on them.

Plus, there are 7 other slots for me to sort.
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

After playing like 4-ish games with Not_Mafia, I am against a Day 1 Not_Mafia elim, and generally suspicious of people who lean into eliming him Day 1 -- he is an easy miselim target / angle for the scum team to push. Plus, I have also found him to be a pretty good scum hunter, and would like to see any pushes that he leans into before I personally try to sort him.

Although, I do not believe I have actually encountered scum Not_Mafia before

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 112, Portia wrote:
In post 88, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 83, marcistar wrote:so far i've kinda thought luke seemed a bit off (mostly cuz i dont like his points on val98 very much)
You said similar things several times throughout our last game together, and we were both town :dead: :dead:
Im lazy - will you actually quote them saying the similar thing? Without hard proof, this would be quite effective manipilation.
If you want to hunt for what I am refering to, go ahead, but I am not trying to sway you, or anyone else to take that into consideration in their attempts to sort me or to sort Marci.

That was purely directed at Marci, who should know what game I am referring to. You are welcome to ignore it if you want

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 115, Val89 wrote:I haven't seen a reason to move it just yet. While Lukewarm appears to have taken my post 99 as saying "I read Lukewarm as scum", I'm not all the way there yet.
This is not an accurate description of my thoughts.

I never thought that Val had me scum locked (and I am sorry if I gave that impression) -- my point was:: I it hard to believe that Val's thoughts presented in 99 were genuine. The level of the read did not matter

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 126, Zyla wrote:he's claimed himself that he's not voting seriously, which at least to me seems like an anti-town red flag (whether or not he's scum), what's your thought on that?
There are a few people not voting seriously at this point; you, Zyla, among them, I beleive. If he maintains that position when we are further in the game and have good cause to be voting people seriously and he isn't, we can talk again.
In post 126, Zyla wrote:wouldn't you be willing to eliminate him if more information pointed to him being scummy?
Of course.
In post 127, Lukewarm wrote:I am just pretty sure Val just is scum here -- But I also am aware that I am not the greatest at convincing people to follow me (I would say that the Newbie game against Zyla and T3 was the exception, not the rule) -- So I accept defeat on trying to convince anyone over the prior discussion
I have to say if you are "pretty sure" you have scum in your sights, but you decide up front you won't be able to convince other people of the fact, perhaps your argument isn't as strong as you think it is. You don't think it's worth pushing your "pretty sure" scumread until you've sorted all the other slots? I would say if you are sure, at least giving your best attempt to pushing that slot all the way to the flip today is the way to play towards the town victory, no?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 116, Val89 wrote:Did you really take that to mean I was making legimitiate pre-flip associations?
The more you say this, the more I hate it. You put out a bunch of content, and now seem aghast that we would try to sort you based off of that content.

If you were not being serious in the first, however many posts you are claiming you were not being serious, then even if you are town, then you were being-anti town.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 131, Val89 wrote:
In post 127, Lukewarm wrote:I am just pretty sure Val just is scum here -- But I also am aware that I am not the greatest at convincing people to follow me (I would say that the Newbie game against Zyla and T3 was the exception, not the rule) -- So I accept defeat on trying to convince anyone over the prior discussion
I have to say if you are "pretty sure" you have scum in your sights, but you decide up front you won't be able to convince other people of the fact, perhaps your argument isn't as strong as you think it is. You don't think it's worth pushing your "pretty sure" scumread until you've sorted all the other slots? I would say if you are sure, at least giving your best attempt to pushing that slot all the way to the flip today is the way to play towards the town victory, no?
Dear lord-- I am not enjoying interacting with you.

Yes, I think you are scum
Yes, I think that it is more beneficial for me to sort the other slots instead of just pushing head long into an elim on you, and cutting the day short
Yes, I am choosing to put aside my scum read on you while I do that sorting

Also, I plan on circling back to you, and currently plan on coming back to pushing you when we get closer to the end of the day -- after I have given myself time to look at the other players and have more content from you -- unless something of import happens between now and the end of the day.

I have got 9 days to try and sort other people, before I have to put forth the effort needed to rally the up the votes against you. In what world, would it be better for me to do the opposite?

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: Umlaut

Come talk to us!!

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 132, Lukewarm wrote:You put out a bunch of content, and now seem aghast that we would try to sort you based off of that content.
I'm not aghast in the slightest. Please continue to discuss it freely; I am hoping you aren't the only slot that decides to comment on my 'bunch of content' because I put it out there specifically to get reactions. I'm sorting you, and others, from how you approach trying to sort me from it.

I regret nothing, obviously, given I've takent he same apporach here as I did in my previous game because it has generated something meaty to discuss. It might have drawn a scumread from you, but I am fine with that, because I am not feeling my slot is in any real danger of being mislimmed here, and there is a chance it's scum!Lukewarm pushing it, and if so, a chance you will reveal yourself as such while persuing it.

I don't see what is anti-town about trying to drive the game from RVS into 'here's something we can discuss that has some chance of being alignment indicative'; and it has come in both games from someone taking my posting seriously. I'm happy with that, and I would call it pro-town before I would call "Hah you have a funny avatar lets vote X" or whatever.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Ignoring Val for approximately 3 days -- will return to that slot before the day's end

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Portia »

In post 134, Lukewarm wrote:VOTE: Umlaut

Come talk to us!!
Please respect vacations.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Strange. I see now that it is in the mod notes, but he does not have his account in V/LA. I actually did check that before I voted lol

UNVOTE:

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Marci! Come talk to me!

Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 131, Val89 wrote:There are a few people not voting seriously at this point; you, Zyla, among them, I beleive. If he maintains that position when we are further in the game and have good cause to be voting people seriously and he isn't, we can talk again.
To clarify, I am referring to his post , which I at least find... interesting. RVS votes are a bit different than not voting someone you think is scummy

I do think it would be a decent time to retract my RVS though, so
UNVOTE: Lukewarm
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Val89 »

Well, at , I myself didn't see what could have pinged Not_mafia about the Lukewarm slot; but Lukewarm himself says he's found Not_mafia to be a pretty good scum hunter, so perhaps NM can elighten us.

If you are asking me why I didn't scumread NM for the fact he didn't move the vote at the time of making that post; I will point out that, while I am definetly getting some scumpings from Lukes slot since then, I don't think it's anything to vote over just yet, so I don't think it's AI.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Zyla »

It was more the fact that you seemed almost too sure of NM not being the play for today if that makes sense
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Val89 »

I'm not sure that NM is
most certainly not
the play today; I was trying to get across the fact of my earlier assertion that he should be the lim definitely falls squarely into RVS shitpost territory. He might well turn out to be the lim today, but I have absolutely zero reason to call it either way yet, and I don't think anyone else realistically can at this point.

Honestly, I am starting to feel a little bit like I am being asked if I am a Mason with NM. I can start to understand where you get your reputation for that sort of thing from.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 am

Post by alstroemerial »

I feel like it's just a thing in every game I've read or been in that Day 1 quickly turns into two people in a fight to the death with each other... Will be catching up with a focus on that whole interaction now
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:08 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 128, Lukewarm wrote:After playing like 4-ish games with Not_Mafia, I am against a Day 1 Not_Mafia elim, and generally suspicious of people who lean into eliming him Day 1 -- he is an easy miselim target / angle for the scum team to push. Plus, I have also found him to be a pretty good scum hunter, and would like to see any pushes that he leans into before I personally try to sort him.
i agree
In post 128, Lukewarm wrote:Although, I do not believe I have actually encountered scum Not_Mafia before
i remember seeing it and i couldnt tell at all :cry:

for saying that you're gonna focus on other people than val98, you really arent doing that sis :shifty:
other than umulat, who else would u wanna focus on at this point?
In post 139, Lukewarm wrote:Marci! Come talk to me!
stalking me??? :dead: :dead:
i was trying to type out this post but my cat kept jumping on the table in front of me or just generally annoying me :cool:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 145, marcistar wrote:133 for saying that you're gonna focus on other people than val98, you really arent doing that sis
other than umulat, who else would u wanna focus on at this point?
This is literally why I am trying to get you to talk to me.

Is there anything else this game that you think we should be talking about?

Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:13 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 143, Val89 wrote:I am starting to feel a little bit like I am being asked if I am a Mason with NM. I can start to understand where you get your reputation for that sort of thing from.
Lmao, no that's because I literally said "That joke sounded more like you were claiming Mason" (not exact words) to someone.
Hilariously, Luke was the actual Mason in the game
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 147, Zyla wrote:
In post 143, Val89 wrote:I am starting to feel a little bit like I am being asked if I am a Mason with NM. I can start to understand where you get your reputation for that sort of thing from.
Lmao, no that's because I literally said "That joke sounded more like you were claiming Mason" (not exact words) to someone.
Hilariously, Luke was the actual Mason in the game
In that game, Zyla openly mentioned Masons multiple times, across multiple days. Digging into someone possibly having tmi is not quite the same thing imo

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 121, Zyla wrote:Why not? Sure we shouldn't eliminate him right now, as it's early in the day, but most people seem to agree that they're hard to read and would be an easy mis-elim, which I at least would rather do the most likely miselim on day 1 and let someone else contribute to the thread
Zyla, this is a strange stance to take.

You think it is better to just go ahead and shoot the easy mis-elim target, then for us to try and scum hunt?