Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Zyla and Pav -- your experience with me has been 2 nearly flawless games, back to back.

Marci -- you have at told me that you you think I am good at this game.

Alstro, I know this is second hand, but as you can see, I have left good impression in my past games
In post 73, alstroemerial wrote:I want to play with the famous "rising star"
This is me saying that this is it. This is the time that I am trying to call in that impression I have left behind. I am asking that your past expeiecen with me buy me exactly 1 day 1 vote -- if I am wrong, then you can never follow me anywhere in future games
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 249, Zyla wrote:
In post 241, Lukewarm wrote:I do feel like I should be pretty obviously in my town game for anyone who has played with me before, especially [..] Zyla
This is also kind of interesting to me however, we've established in our previous game that I'm not yet sure on how to differentiate town! and scum!Luke, so why would it be obvious?
Why would scum me, ever dive head first into this, and volunteer myself to be the flip tomorrow after a Val flip? This is a suicidal play as scum, and I feel like that should be fairly obvious

And to be frank, I would have expected to see the similarities in how this is playing out in my town game. Where I reached 100% certainty that T3 was scum, and then whipped up the votes

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I think that Val taking the "see, he is scum trying to mis elim me" angle, instead of settling into a "Luke is town, just misguided town" is frankly a misplay in his part. I think that my current play is fairly obviously town (even if I am wrong, which I seriously doubt)

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Val89 »

:cool:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I would also point out, that he seems completely unworried about the possibility that I am tunneled town, and that my absolute certainty could lead to 2 town miselims back to back Instead, he is settling into just say that I am flailing scum (which, again, Zyla and Pav have seen my scum game - and come on)

And he is so sure I am scum because,

I, uh... think he is scum?.. and...
**checks notes**
took his early posts seriously

That is enough for him to be unphased by the idea of us both going getting elim'ed?

Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Zyla »

These ISO posts are not going to be scum or town cases, just my general read and a few posts that I wanted to comment on

Alstro - Town Lean
In post 159, alstroemerial wrote:[.. I was] comparing your town play in 2068 with your scum play in The Backrooms (2065), and at the time I thought I was seeing more in line with 2065. The most recent string of posts (starting 140ish) makes me feel better, putting you more at a null.
Fair enough, I'm not quite sure I see it, but that seems reasonable
In post 224, alstroemerial wrote:At the time of [my] voting, your ISO .. had mostly questions to other people (68, 70, 84, 119) ... and ... which is fair but in my opinion not the most productive area of focus.
How come? Questions seem essential in this game to me, they let you see where people are coming from, and can be helpful in both creating useful cases and discarding poor ones. Readlists and the like are useful, but IME they're most useful in something that you talk about with other people - when they ask questions about them
In post 242, alstroemerial wrote: So, I don't know if what the article is saying about [self-voting] being "unreadable and inherently unhelpful" is necessarily true in this case.
The article does
mostly
seem to be about RVS votes, so while it does mention scum self-hammers, I mostly read it as self-RVS being bad more than anything
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Zyla »

Skipping Luke for double ISO with Val

Marci - Null
In post 34, marcistar wrote:[In response to -]
yeah it was a scum team accusation
To clarify if anyone is still confused, I did know that it was a (joking) scum team accusation, but at least to me it's a funny joke with Luke
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Zyla »

Not_Mafia - Null

It's a game, and you seem to be having fun, which is good. I hope Luke is correct that you're good at scumhunting
Also, I may have said that I was down for PE earlier (partially for reactions), but I'm down for you helping us remember that it is, after all, just a game. Apologies if I seemed rude earlier
In post 71, Not_Mafia wrote:If I were voting seriously at this point, I'd be voting Lukewarm
Has this changed with more information? If it's Luke or Val today, would you still pick Luke?
Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Portia »

Things I know I never like: self voting.

Things I know: I’m aggrieved hammered again (this week is the one I took off work)

Things I want to know: why Zola and Astro haven’t made any impression on me so far.

Things I want to do : bullshit at mafia for a bit.

Whos with me?
Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Portia »

As for nm, he is actively following which is more than I would expect given meta.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by marcistar »

wtf luke? i dont think i've ever seen u self vote before o-o
In post 241, Lukewarm wrote:I do feel like I should be pretty obviously in my town game for anyone who has played with me before.
usually ur so obvious town, but this game doesnt feel like the other ones ive seen from you.. granted i dont think ive ever seen u so sure of something on d1 :lol:
In post 245, Lukewarm wrote:@Marci - the last time you saw me this sure on a read, it was in regards to how Bingle played Day 1 of our last game, which narrowed the suspects down to exactly [Hopkrik, Vanders] - Bingle later confirmed everything I theorized about him
  • I am calling you in for your vote as well.
In post 250, Lukewarm wrote:Marci -- you have at told me that you you think I am good at this game.
i do think ur very good. at this point ur going
so hard
at it, i think one of luke/val as an elim would be best, i don't think anyones heads will be clear unless we get some answers from this :dead:
i don't want to rush into it though, we have a while still.
In post 251, Lukewarm wrote:And to be frank, I would have expected to see the similarities in how this is playing out in my town game. Where I reached 100% certainty that T3 was scum, and then whipped up the votes
can anyone confirm?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 260, marcistar wrote:
In post 251, Lukewarm wrote:And to be frank, I would have expected to see the similarities in how this is playing out in my town game. Where I reached 100% certainty that T3 was scum, and then whipped up the votes
can anyone confirm?
I believe he is referring to our Newbie 2065
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 260, marcistar wrote:
Spoiler:
wtf luke? i dont think i've ever seen u self vote before o-o
In post 241, Lukewarm wrote:I do feel like I should be pretty obviously in my town game for anyone who has played with me before.
usually ur so obvious town, but this game doesnt feel like the other ones ive seen from you.. granted i dont think ive ever seen u so sure of something on d1 :lol:
In post 245, Lukewarm wrote:@Marci - the last time you saw me this sure on a read, it was in regards to how Bingle played Day 1 of our last game, which narrowed the suspects down to exactly [Hopkrik, Vanders] - Bingle later confirmed everything I theorized about him
  • I am calling you in for your vote as well.
In post 250, Lukewarm wrote:Marci -- you have at told me that you you think I am good at this game.
i do think ur very good. at this point ur going
so hard
at it, i think one of luke/val as an elim would be best, i don't think anyones heads will be clear unless we get some answers from this :dead:
i don't want to rush into it though, we have a while still.
can anyone confirm?
Marci -- you literally just saw me go at least this hard (if nor harder) in that neighborhood game lol

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Portia »

I don’t want to eliminate Val or Luke. They keep thread Alice to an e stent I think town suffers regardless of the flip. I want to see where they push off each other. Bet that might just be me.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Zyla »

Portia - Null Scum
In post 120, Portia wrote:There’s something about the implicit contradiction in that post that just rings town to me.
I don't know about this. Too scummy to be scum just doesn't seem very reliable.
In post 168, Portia wrote:I was finding your tunnel unhelpful.
I don’t think you v p person is tvt.
In post 196, Portia wrote:As for the earlier question about how I could not like the 1v1 and still find it alignment/tone indicative
Now hold on a moment, you didn't say you didn't like it, you said it wasn't useful, there's a big difference there
In post 258, Portia wrote:Zola
Hehe, that's a new spelling :P
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Zyla »

Umlaut and Luke vs Val will wait until tomorrow as something just came up and I'll need to head to bed after dealing with it
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 262, Lukewarm wrote:Marci -- you literally just saw me go at least this hard (if nor harder) in that neighborhood game lol
i dont remember it being on d1 tho, i thought it was later on..? am i misremembering :cry:
Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Portia »

Yea spellings not my forte

Please explain the difference between not liking it a d. It finding it useful. To me they confirm the same idea.

And there was nothing about the post I called out as scummy. Rather it’s two surface ideas that don’t cohere. And the willingness to post both in one spelled a lack of self confidence. Do you disagree?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 263, Portia wrote:I don’t want to eliminate Val or Luke. They keep thread Alice to an e stent I think town suffers regardless of the flip. I want to see where they push off each other. Bet that might just be me.
^^ My guess for Val's partner by the way

And has been before this post

This is also a strange post on top of it. They have already stated that they believe that the me v "
p person
" Val was detrimental to the thread.

Now they think that we should both be kept alive, because it is better for the town to keep us both?

My guess is that the scum team knows that eliming in Me,Val is bad, but also don't think that Val can be the one to move it away.

Setting up the idea that either one of us / both of us would turn on him is strange angle as well

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Portia »

Not self confidence. Rather lack of self-checking. Lack of self-awareness. Think I. Got it right this time.
Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Portia »

The egg will taste good either way Luke :P
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 266, marcistar wrote:
In post 262, Lukewarm wrote:Marci -- you literally just saw me go at least this hard (if nor harder) in that neighborhood game lol
i dont remember it being on d1 tho, i thought it was later on..? am i misremembering :cry:
I went pretty hard on that "Everyone should always vote between [Hopkirk,Bingle]" on Day 1.

But I will admit that I went harder on stuff day 2/3

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Portia »

I wasn’t trying to set up the idea that it would turn on me. That was a phone autocurooredt. It was : but maybe that’s just me. Rather than I bet it’s me. I wa showing to leave that autocorrect be though til you called it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

To be clear, I do not think that we should ever pivot to Portia here -- and I would never advocate voting for Portia before a Val flip --

If I am wrong, and Val does somehow flip town, most of my read there would go away -- but once Val flips scum, this is the next place I would look

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 272, Portia wrote:I wasn’t trying to set up the idea that it would turn on me. That was a phone autocurooredt. It was : but maybe that’s just me. Rather than I bet it’s me. I wa showing to leave that autocorrect be though til you called it.
I see. I will edit my post accordingly

^^ My guess for Val's partner by the way

And has been before this post

This is also a strange post on top of it. They have already stated that they believe that the me v "
p person
" Val was detrimental to the thread.

Now they think that we should both be kept alive, because it is better for the town to keep us both?

My guess is that the scum team knows that eliming in Me,Val is bad, but also don't think that Val can be the one to move it away.

Setting up the idea that either one of us / both of us would turn on him is strange angle as well