Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I probably oversold my point to begin with tbh.

Val said something along the lines of looking forward to me trying to walk back my scum read on him / get out of this 1v1, and I was trying to say that I was not planning to walk back my scum read of him or try to get out of the 1v1.

And that is true. I still think that he is scum, I am just accepting that no one is gonna follow me for that elim today, so voting for my second choice now.
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 617, marcistar wrote:shrek do u think not_mafias scum or r u just voting him to get out the unhelpful person?
i mean he literally gives no information so how am i supposed to determine if hes scummy or not
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 620, Lukewarm wrote:But has provided zero reads on any of these slots: Zyla, Pav, Alstro, Marci, Umlaut
Shrek, do you have thoughts on
any
of these slots?

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Shrek »

anyways my remaining reads are as follows:

umlaut: VERY pro-town and goes in-depth on certain posts and coherently explains his reasoning on certain subjects such as his intro post. i really think that he's a town member or at least a very experienced mafia and i would not want to eliminate him anytime soon

alstro and pavowski: i think alstro actually has high teammate equity with pavowski. i feel like alstro is trying to go for the easy miselim by not involving himself too too much in any ongoing discussion beyond a push on a slot that was already being sussed, while pavowski has been taking the whole laid-back route which i find to be a common mafia strategy. him voting not_mafia seems like he's angling for another miselim and easy vote early on that looks kind of sus to me

marci: reading through the thread early on i kind of got a weird vibe from her, like she was detached from the game and only contributing surface-level stuff to feign involvement. but as time has gone on i think that that's just her playstyle, and she's making an active effort to scumhunt throughout the game in a pro-town fashion. she COULD be isolating herself from the drama to lay low like pavowski so im not entirely sure, but still

zyla: zyla is playing very similarly to the mini game that we were in that we just played previously, but otherwise there's nothing that really stands out about her. i feel like she's got that same distant playstyle that she adheres to, and she kind of strikes me as someone that's overtly null more than anything else

anyways, here's my list

town:
shrek
umlaut

null town:
zyla
marci

null:
val
luke

null scum:
pavowski

scum:
alstro
n_m
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Shrek »

to clarify on the pavowski end i feel like in our last game together even if he got elimmed on d1, he was a lot more proactive and forward than this which is weird for a change in playstyle so suddenly.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Shrek »

if n_m is scum i think that pavowski probably looks a lot better by the way, but if he's town i dont think it'll impact my stance
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Shrek »

wait a second i misremembered shit hold on. im a fucken dumbass
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Shrek »

ebwop pavowski actually looks a lot better reading back on his iso specifically because he seems to preserve not mafia for now? like i legitimately dont see a mafia member sticking their neck out for him assuming he is town which is a good thing. that said if nm does flip mafia here it obviously would make pavowski look bad in retrospect and he has to know that. maybe mafia is protecting nm though still intends to lynch him later down the line to get town cred? if that makes any sense at all. i also misremembered it was zyla going for the n_m elim which is a little shady but she's been contributing a lot otherwise.

right now i dont want a n_m elim because i entirely think he's scum, i just feel like it will shed a lot of light on how people have been acting around him. ex: those who have been pushing him might look a lot more suspicious in hindsight if he does flip town whereas those sticking their neck out for him will look weird if he's town. it's still best to get a controversial person out first whether that's me or n_m to begin with since anti-town people only make it more difficult for the town to vote correctly down the line.

new reads order:
town:
shrek
umlaut

null town:
marci
pavowski

null:
val
luke

null scum:
zyla

scum:
alstro
n_m
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Shrek »

actually bump zyla up to true null there. idk if i have any other real sus with basis beyond alstro and nm
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 618, Lukewarm wrote:VOTE: shrek
VOTE: Shrek

Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

That was E-1, right? ...right?

UNVOTE: Shrek

I actually like their reads post, not just because they call me hard-town (though that's probably part of it just because it surprised me a lot)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

Luke, did you ever explain why I shouldn't be voting Zyla? I changed my vote because you asked nicely but I don't get it.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 635, Umlaut wrote:That was E-1, right? ...right?

I actually like their reads post, not just because they call me hard-town (though that's probably part of it just because it surprised me a lot)
You mean the read list that I had to ask for, because they apparently felt no need to share any reads until asked?

Or that the self proclaimed #1 scum hunter ended on a "voting Not_Mafia even though I don't really think he is scum, just want to look at how people positioned around him"

Or the fact that his read list does not even match up to his stated reads?
Spoiler:
In post 632, Shrek wrote:right now i dont want a n_m elim because i entirely think he's scum
In post 632, Shrek wrote:scum:
alstro
n_m
Here we have N_M as the scummiest scum on the list, despite actually having given reasons to scum read Alstro
In post 590, Shrek wrote:
i think that val comes out of it looking worse
because he tried to explain away his nm sus as 'not serious' which is a little weird to look at so i have him lower than luke, but otherwise
i think it might generally be tvt
In post 628, Shrek wrote:null:
val
luke
Note here, that even though Shrek proclaimed to think it was tvt, neither one of us are listed as even lean town AND we are flipped compared to their read list

Because, personally I am struggling to pick my favorite part :facepalm:

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 636, Umlaut wrote:Luke, did you ever explain why I shouldn't be voting Zyla? I changed my vote because you asked nicely but I don't get it.
Mainly just that I have Zyla as a strong Town read rn, and did not want her to be the wagon everyone parked on while aggressively ignoring the Luke v Val 1v1

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 632, Shrek wrote:ebwop pavowski actually looks a lot better reading back on his iso specifically because he seems to preserve not mafia for now? like i legitimately dont see a mafia member sticking their neck out for him assuming he is town which is a good thing. that said if nm does flip mafia here it obviously would make pavowski look bad in retrospect and he has to know that. maybe mafia is protecting nm though still intends to lynch him later down the line to get town cred? if that makes any sense at all. i also misremembered it was zyla going for the n_m elim which is a little shady but she's been contributing a lot otherwise.
In my very first game on the site, I as scum stuck my neck out for town!Not_Mafia on Day 1 and instead pushed my scumbuddy as a better elim.

I'm not saying this is necessarily what Pavowski is doing but I felt like I should point it out anyway.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 639, Umlaut wrote:
In post 632, Shrek wrote:ebwop pavowski actually looks a lot better reading back on his iso specifically because he seems to preserve not mafia for now? like i legitimately dont see a mafia member sticking their neck out for him assuming he is town which is a good thing. that said if nm does flip mafia here it obviously would make pavowski look bad in retrospect and he has to know that. maybe mafia is protecting nm though still intends to lynch him later down the line to get town cred? if that makes any sense at all. i also misremembered it was zyla going for the n_m elim which is a little shady but she's been contributing a lot otherwise.
In my very first game on the site, I as scum stuck my neck out for town!Not_Mafia on Day 1 and instead pushed my scumbuddy as a better elim.

I'm not saying this is necessarily what Pavowski is doing but I felt like I should point it out anyway.
Wow I caught scum in my first post and got eliminated for it
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 640, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 639, Umlaut wrote:

Wow I caught scum in my first post and got eliminated for it
Your iso that game looks quite a bit better then your iso this game tho :dead:

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 638, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 636, Umlaut wrote:Luke, did you ever explain why I shouldn't be voting Zyla? I changed my vote because you asked nicely but I don't get it.
Mainly just that I have Zyla as a strong Town read rn, and did not want her to be the wagon everyone parked on while aggressively ignoring the Luke v Val 1v1
Convince me of this townread?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 642, Umlaut wrote:
In post 638, Lukewarm wrote:
Convince me of this townread?
Mainly, I have played with Zyla as scum and Zyla as town, and this feels more like the Zyla as town game.

Still stand by this:
In post 354, Lukewarm wrote:@Pav, I just did an iso on Zyla, and I would say that I am on a weak town lean there

I liked the way she did her iso read list -- it gave lots of things for people to latch on to / respond to. I think she put in a lot of work to try and pull the thread back into productive conversations -- I think it is probably my/val's fault that she did not spark several conversations all at once there.

Particularly liked the reach out to Not_Mafia
Looking back over her iso there were a few things that stood out to me as well:

The meta check on Marci in feels like a town thing to do. Like, maybe scum does it to try and paint Marci as scummy, but Scum Zyla could have just as easily never made that post once she found townie evidence for marci there.

Zyla's questions for Val in and and felt like she was trying to sort Val. I actually questioned her for those posts at first, but cleared up that she was not advocating anything, but actually digging into Val's stance.

Next was her read list full of quotes and questions that I particularly liked (starts at in her iso)

------

I will say that she has fallen off a bit the back half of the day, but she also said she has some irl stuff going on, so the read is mainly based on before that I guess.

Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 637, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 635, Umlaut wrote:That was E-1, right? ...right?

You mean the read list that I had to ask for, because they apparently felt no need to share any reads until asked?

Or that the self proclaimed #1 scum hunter ended on a "voting Not_Mafia even though I don't really think he is scum, just want to look at how people positioned around him"

Or the fact that his read list does not even match up to his stated reads?
Spoiler:
In post 632, Shrek wrote:right now i dont want a n_m elim because i entirely think he's scum
In post 632, Shrek wrote:scum:
alstro
n_m
Here we have N_M as the scummiest scum on the list, despite actually having given reasons to scum read Alstro
In post 590, Shrek wrote:
i think that val comes out of it looking worse
because he tried to explain away his nm sus as 'not serious' which is a little weird to look at so i have him lower than luke, but otherwise
i think it might generally be tvt
In post 628, Shrek wrote:null:
val
luke
Note here, that even though Shrek proclaimed to think it was tvt, neither one of us are listed as even lean town AND we are flipped compared to their read list

Because, personally I am struggling to pick my favorite part :facepalm:
my opinions change over time as i make an effort to go through isos
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 634, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 618, Lukewarm wrote:VOTE: shrek
VOTE: Shrek

look at us
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Shrek »

also to everyone on the fence right now i would at least encourage you to go through not_mafia's iso and check that first
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

^This is scum bitter that they're being wagoned over the shitposter
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Shrek »

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Reviewing a little bit on mobile tonight, of course the thread picks up while I'm away for a night hehe

In other news, Shrek got something out of NM so he's got that going for him

Shrek is there anything you are finding particularly scummy about NM besides the playstyle stuff?