Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 699, marcistar wrote:
In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:And imo, she was super townie in her scum game, and a bit scummy in her town game. Like, she tried really hard as scum to not let her teammate down, so if anything my brain wants to say "scummy marci is a town marci" and vice versa
so what do u think i am?
If you did not shorten my quotes down so misleadingly, the answer would be right there for you. smh :lol: :lol:
In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:she is down to null I guess
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:36 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 700, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 699, marcistar wrote:
In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:And imo, she was super townie in her scum game, and a bit scummy in her town game. Like, she tried really hard as scum to not let her teammate down, so if anything my brain wants to say "scummy marci is a town marci" and vice versa
so what do u think i am?
If you did not shorten my quotes down so misleadingly, the answer would be right there for you. smh :lol: :lol:
In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:she is down to null I guess
WAIT BRO-
i read that and completly forgot about it :facepalm:
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:Also, just like thinking about the fact that if they decided to kill inside of the [Val, Luke] 1v1, and decided to go with Val, then they must have either
really
thought that Val was a PR, or maybe they are high in my town reads, so I probably need to look back over all of those was well.
Can you elaborate on this?

Why would the Mafia think Val is a PR?

(Everyone else please leave this question alone and let Luke answer)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 702, Umlaut wrote:
In post 697, Lukewarm wrote:Also, just like thinking about the fact that if they decided to kill inside of the [Val, Luke] 1v1, and decided to go with Val, then they must have either
really
thought that Val was a PR, or maybe they are high in my town reads, so I probably need to look back over all of those was well.

It was less that I knew why they would have a reason to think that he was a PR, and more that I am trying to figure out why they would have killed him.

And thinking he was a PR is a reason why they might try to kill him despite our 1v1

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 689, Zyla wrote:could you make an actual case against him?
No
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 am

Post by alstroemerial »

The Val kill makes sense to me but I won't harp further on it too much. :/ If Luke is scum, he has me pocketed hard because he's the only person that I feel pretty sure is town. Umlaut and Marci are okay. That leaves... Zyla, NM, and Pavowski. I want to start today with VOTE: Not_Mafia due to his just sneaking quietly into the middle of the Shrek wagon.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 705, alstroemerial wrote:I want to start today with VOTE: Not_Mafia due to his just sneaking quietly into the middle of the Shrek wagon.
Interestingly his vote on Luke didn't count and he never corrected the record, his initial vote on Shrek didn't count and he *did* make sure it counted.

Then immediately capitalizes on the Val kill to push Luke today?

I'm not gonna e-1 him before we have some time to discuss but this is not a great look
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Vote Tally Correction of previous day

In post 682, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Vote Count 1-14
Shrek:
alstroemerial, Lukewarm, Not_Mafia, , Umlaut ,Pavowski(Eliminated @ 672)
Pavowski :

alstroemerial :

Zyla :

Lukewarm :
Val89,
Val89 :
Not_Mafia :
, Shrek, Zyla, marcistar
Umlaut :
marcistar :

Not Voting
: ,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: July 18, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-07-18 12:50:00)

Mod Notes:

Val89 V/LA until Sunday EOD.
- :]

This is more FYI only.
This wont affect the elimination or game outcome from Day 1.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 706, Pavowski wrote:his initial vote on Shrek didn't count and he *did* make sure it counted.
Cos

A) Day was ending
B) Mod gave me a final warning
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I went from reading most people as town, to suddenly everyone seems scummier.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That's convenient
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

The convenient and easy choice would be jumping on the Not_Mafia wagon, but I am instead choosing to try and figure this game out, but that is making my head hurt

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I get headaches when I betray the members of my town aswell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

:roll:

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 712, Lukewarm wrote:The convenient and easy choice would be jumping on the Not_Mafia wagon, but I am instead choosing to try and figure this game out, but that is making my head hurt
My elimination doesn't need your help. The convenient thing for you to do here is to sew the seeds of suspicion as widely as possible for ELo tomorrow.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:03 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 706, Pavowski wrote:
In post 705, alstroemerial wrote:I want to start today with VOTE: Not_Mafia due to his just sneaking quietly into the middle of the Shrek wagon.
Interestingly his vote on Luke didn't count and he never corrected the record, his initial vote on Shrek didn't count and he *did* make sure it counted.

Then immediately capitalizes on the Val kill to push Luke today?

I'm not gonna e-1 him before we have some time to discuss but this is not a great look
Can you elaborate? I read your first sentence as an argument for scum!NM because of making more of an effort on a Shrek miselim than Luke. But this would only really make sense for scum to do if Luke was the partner, no? But then the push today. Wouldn't that resolve the tension in the first sentence? I see it as gradually getting more serious, but the mod warning is probably the most realistic thing.

The thing that confuses me about Luke is this-- mafia killing Val would theoretically mean that anyone thinking it was SvT would be looking at Luke, so you would think that a not-Luke mafia team would be more likely to do it. Yet if it was TvT, then it makes the most sense, I think, to keep them both alive to keep the distraction going.

All in all, I personally think the mafia was probably PR hunting as I also thought that Val was a potential PR. :? In that sense, Val was a good VT to draw the kill...?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Pavowski »

Alstro, I'm not sure how much we can read into NM behaviorally, but to clarify my post, I just think it's interesting that he cast a vote on Lukewarm earlier in the thread, was instructed by the mod that it didn't count, and never seemed to correct the record. Then he voted against Shrek which was similarly not counted, but that one he corrected to make sure it did count.

The latter vote was of course part of the wagon that resulted in Shrek's elim.

Interestingly NM calls for us to elim Luke today but isn't actually voting him now, either.

It's weird.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 717, Pavowski wrote:Interestingly NM calls for us to elim Luke today but isn't actually voting him now, either.
So I can hammer him later
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 718, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 717, Pavowski wrote:Interestingly NM calls for us to elim Luke today but isn't actually voting him now, either.
So I can hammer him later
There you have it, weirdness resolved :]
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 703, Lukewarm wrote:
really

It was less that I knew why they would have a reason to think that he was a PR, and more that I am trying to figure out why they would have killed him.

And thinking he was a PR is a reason why they might try to kill him despite our 1v1
So the reason I asked this is that Val was pretty obviously hinting at a PR yesterday with posts like and and . I thought it was quite blatant, in fact, and while I tried to be at least somewhat subtle about why I didn't think he was a good wagon for the day I thought I was pretty obvious as well, to the point where I am very surprised that anyone didn't see this. I assume that baiting the NK was precisely his goal, so scum saw it at least. Did you seriously miss this?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 720, Umlaut wrote:
In post 703, Lukewarm wrote:
really

So the reason I asked this is that Val was pretty obviously hinting at a PR yesterday with posts like and and . I thought it was quite blatant, in fact, and while I tried to be at least somewhat subtle about why I didn't think he was a good wagon for the day I thought I was pretty obvious as well, to the point where I am very surprised that anyone didn't see this. I assume that baiting the NK was precisely his goal, so scum saw it at least. Did you seriously miss this?
Yeah, I did not read those posts that way.

I read 276 and 282 to mean once he dies.

Like, 276, "I can see it now, if I get eliminated, then you will have to back pedal" and 282, he was responding to alstro talking about me looking bad if we miselimed Val

Which, at the time, I took as him trying to scare me off of pushing him :oops: :oops:

Looking back at 282 specifically, I do see now that it makes more sense as a PR soft

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:01 am

Post by Pavowski »

Good morning! I have scoured the thread to bring you everybody's vote record for d1, because I'm trying to figure out ways to make sense of the thread. It's as complete as I can make it but it's possible I missed a vote or two here and there, if so, my apologies. While we have the NK to puzzle over, I think it's interesting to look at who voted where, and when. Your assessment of when RVS/shitposting ends and the real voting begins may differ from mine. Draw your own conclusions obviously, but here are some of my observations:

Luke: Alstro (24), Val (31), Alstro (59), Val (73), Umlaut (134), UNVOTE (138), Portia/Shrek (178), Val (214), Luke (239), Val (241), NM (497), Portia/Shrek (618)
Moves his vote around a lot to pressure people, still reading town

NM: NM (12), Umlaut (55), Luke (418) (not counted), Shrek (583) (not counted), Shrek (634)
Early votes aside, the only vote he casts that counts lands on Shrek.

Zyla: Luke (10), UNVOTE (140), Umlaut (547), NM (610),
Early vote is rescinded and does not vote for a loooong time. RL things were happening apparently so not sure how much we can read into that. Ends on a NM wagon which is an easy, uncontroversial vote to make.

Alstro: Zyla (7), Pav (159), Val (293), Portia/Shrek (319),
Interesting thing here is they vote Val in 293 but make it clear they don't want to wagon/lim the slot. Shortly after, they plant on Portia/Shrek and stay there.

Portia/Shrek: Val (110), NM (582)
Only votes twice, 2nd (final) vote lands on NM and is immediately OMGUS'd and ultimately lim'd.

Val: NM (25), UNVOTE (115), Luke (183),
Kinda speaks for itself.

Umlaut: NM (35), Zyla (201), Portia/Shrek (523), UNVOTE (635), Shrek (663)
Also doesn't vote much; is a part of the unpopular-with-some-of-the-lobby Zyla wagon before moving to Shrek.

Marci: Zyla (191), UNVOTE (542), NM (656)
REALLY doesn't vote much, is on the unpopular Zyla wagon, then lands on the less controversial NM wagon

Pav: Alstro (8), Val (11), UNVOTE (119), Zyla (338), Portia/Shrek (504), UNVOTE (545), Luke (609),
Shrek hammer
(672)
You'll have to decide for yourself how to read my votes
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:02 am

Post by Pavowski »

My big takeaways from all this are:

I'm townreading Luke, lots of pressure and a willingness to give up his top scum read (who gets NK'd), his death-tunnel with Val does not jive with a Val NK for me
I'm a little more sus of Marci than I was for taking what look like "easy" votes,
Alstro settling on Shrek and their drive for us to consider voting the slot could either be towny trying to make sure we don't miss a lim opportunity on d1 or scummy trying to make sure we don't miss a mislim opportunity
NM feels scummier than before given an early drive to get Luke today
Umlaut and Zyla are still kinda in null for me

And sorry for the wall in the previous post.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Zyla »

Pav and Alstro are pretty towny to me
Luke is still Null Town for me, because the NK doesn't make sense to me for Luke, but neither does the tunneling on Val yesterday
Marci is Null still, but townier than yesterday
Umlaut was one of my big 3 questions other than Shrek, and they and NM were on the Shrek wagon, so if NM is town, Umlaut is probably scum imo
I really think the way that Not_Mafia is playing is anti-town, but I'm not sure whether they're scum or just a nuisance