MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 166, Aristeia wrote:
In post 164, Datisi wrote:i actually got some townie pings from his posting upon his return. my mind completely skipped over at first, so upon that elaboration, i can see town!flubber going mad at someone "lying" about their push.

opening his iso, don't think he looks *great* exactly, talking only about seanzie and nothing else isn't a great look, which is why i'm fine with him being on y-1 to see what happens and i'm not losing my mind over a possible quickhammer.
well if you say so

UNVOTE: Flubber

Looks like you’re playing the game through Datisi versus having your own reads.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

I'm unlikely to be able to convince you.

You'd have to figure out I'm town on your own.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 500, MathBlade wrote:Looks like you’re playing the game through Datisi versus having your own reads.
I don't think being deferential towards people whom you hold a high opinion of is a bad thing.

Mafia games tend to be more ego-driven, I like to be carried by people I trust.

It's just the way I am.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 172, T3 wrote:
In post 171, Lukewarm wrote:Datisis feels town to me.

Now that Flubber has explained more, I think their thought process seems genuine, even thought I disagree with their conclusions.

I am not liking that Aristeia keeps asking other people before she votes/unvotes, like she is absolving herself of her votes.

VOTE: Aristeia
I think that's part of the alt gimmick.
That’s not how alts work.

If she wants to be read as town then she needs to be townie. I don’t try to meta hunt an alt. The purpose of an alt is to distance yourself from your prior play.

Why are you instantly going to alt though?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 499, MathBlade wrote:
In post 497, Titus wrote:Well, if you're townreading me, why don't you trust me that all my babies need protecting?
1>Because your reads so far seem to be emotionally based crap.
2> Just because you see something doesn’t mean scum will. Calling attention to something existing just makes scum hunt for it. Best to just not talk about it and hope it goes away.

Pedit:

Hi. I think you’re scum care to convince me you’re not?

What if I'm a special little person who needs to be sure my logic is tracked?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 502, Aristeia wrote:
In post 500, MathBlade wrote:Looks like you’re playing the game through Datisi versus having your own reads.
I don't think being deferential towards people whom you hold a high opinion of is a bad thing.

Mafia games tend to be more ego-driven, I like to be carried by people I trust.

It's just the way I am.
I think it’s horrible because if you’re scum and Datisi is bad boosting a bad Townie gets a lot of mileage and if you’re town we don’t get a chance to read you and your thoughts. Mafia is not a game to be done on the sidelines.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 504, Titus wrote:
In post 499, MathBlade wrote:
In post 497, Titus wrote:Well, if you're townreading me, why don't you trust me that all my babies need protecting?
1>Because your reads so far seem to be emotionally based crap.
2> Just because you see something doesn’t mean scum will. Calling attention to something existing just makes scum hunt for it. Best to just not talk about it and hope it goes away.

Pedit:

Hi. I think you’re scum care to convince me you’re not?

What if I'm a special little person who needs to be sure my logic is tracked?
Then trust I will track your logic then ;)

Give me a bit of time to catch up
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 184, Aristeia wrote:
Close to My Heart: Datisi

Beneath the Sky: Lukewarm, Umlaut, Seanzie

Sea of Dreams: Gamma Emerald, Titus, T3

Waves upon the Shore: ChaosOmega, Meg

The Long Winding Road: Alchemist, Flubber, Vulture
Can you please put a non color version in a spoiler in the future? This is incredibly hard to read. I am guessing this is top to bottom.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No Preference

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:56 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Wish I had more time today but something came up. Here goes my first batch of analysis. I probably will refrain from analysing Mathblade/seanzie slot for now. Hopefully, I can get the rest done today.

Alchemist: lots of posts, presses people for their reasonings, very reactionary, null read
Aristeia: posts little content, but still shows they are following the game closely in 184, strong townread
ChaosOmega: keeps posts long, fairly thoroughly analyses conversations, doesn’t actively push his reads out, weak townread
Datisi: tends to latch onto one thing about a player that they find suspicious and stick by it for long stretches, townread,
Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
Gamma: reasonings seem to be understandable and seem to be thinking out their actions, townread
Imperfection is the spice of life.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 214, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, Titus wrote:
In post 171, Lukewarm wrote:Datisis feels town to me.

Now that Flubber has explained more, I think their thought process seems genuine, even thought I disagree with their conclusions.

I am not liking that Aristeia keeps asking other people before she votes/unvotes, like she is absolving herself of her votes.

VOTE: Aristeia
I had the same thought. I get the feeling Ari might need to give me a cookie.
I don’t think Aristeia is that person
I think I’ve encountered Aristeia in the stream chat of a certain pink circular creature who may be just a little skinny
How about both of you quit alt hunting/outing and start/go back to scum hunting?

I think Aristeia is likely scum but trying to out them to get an advantage whatever your alignment is a jerk move.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 230, Datisi wrote:VOTE: chaosomega

i cannot wait for us to yeet flubber today and he flips scum and then i look like an idiot tomorrow. anyway, gives me bad vibes, kinda feels like scum nitpicking any miniscule thing just so they can stay on-wagon.

re flubber's - i feel like there's been at least something that pinged me wrong on minimum half the slots here, that's why i said it. i could iso everyone and compile that, but... i don't feel like that's gonna be useful for me or anyone else.

flubber, do you have any townreads?
VOTE: chaos Time to join the “idiot” club because this Flubber wagon sucks.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 250, Lukewarm wrote:I like Aristeia's response and read list.

UNVOTE:

Am back from my VLA, and will probably give the game a reread later tonight

atm, I am roughtly at Datisi, Umlaut, Gamma, Aristeia feeling like town

Flubber felt like scum, then wormed back to null again, but then was not a fan of the recent interaction with Titus. Similar to what Alchemist said, it felt like a pocket attempt coming from flubber

Titus is a hard player to read, and want to give her a closer look

T3 is T3 :?

I have zero thoughts about: chaos, meg, vulture. Had to look at the playerlist to see who I was missing
And you still forget my slot lol.

I think you’re town though so it’s probably just derpage
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Datisi »

@meg, when you're back
In post 508, MegAzumarill wrote:Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
what's your experience in mafia, and why are you not voting the person you apparently scumread?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 261, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Lukewarm
…..OMGUS
That post really could be shorter.

Just a matter of if it’s town OMGUS or scum omgus
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 505, MathBlade wrote:I think it’s horrible because if you’re scum and Datisi is bad boosting a bad Townie gets a lot of mileage and if you’re town we don’t get a chance to read you and your thoughts. Mafia is not a game to be done on the sidelines.

I think I've been fairly transparent about my thoughts on the game so far.

I like to support Datisi because he's a brilliant player and one that I townread.

I've played before with him and he instantly caught a scum and helped put the town on its way to winning quite handily.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87222

Why do you think Datisi is a bad townie?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 265, Aristeia wrote:He votes for Lukewarm and then,

His first two lines are explain-y, as in "this is what I'm actually trying to do", the point he's making is that he did nothing wrong.

I find that tends to come from people who are scum and disagree with the manner in which they get caught.

Because if Lukewarm is scum, why would he even bother explaining to Lukewarm what he's actually trying to do?

"If everyone is jumping off, why would I be so desperate as scum to keep on here? Wouldn't this draw attention to me as it has?"

This line is just wifom.

He's also looking at Lukewarm jumping off me, but if he actually believes Flubber to be scum, he should be much more interested in how Lukewarm started the Flubber wagon and then jumped off of it rather than the interaction with me.
Worth of note this is the first time Aristeia has conviction/pushes a read.

I am pausing here because IRL stuff but this I need to think about in-depth.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 514, Aristeia wrote:
In post 505, MathBlade wrote:I think it’s horrible because if you’re scum and Datisi is bad boosting a bad Townie gets a lot of mileage and if you’re town we don’t get a chance to read you and your thoughts. Mafia is not a game to be done on the sidelines.

I think I've been fairly transparent about my thoughts on the game so far.

I like to support Datisi because he's a brilliant player and one that I townread.

I've played before with him and he instantly caught a scum and helped put the town on its way to winning quite handily.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87222

Why do you think Datisi is a bad townie?
Not what I said. I was posing a hypothetical.

If you’re scum AND Datisi is a bad townie.
As scum there’s plenty of reasons to hide behind a townie. That’s the first that came to mind because of how I play scum sometimes.

Brilliance in the past is not an indicative of brilliance now or bad play or anything. That’s why you BoP good players but don’t sheep them directly
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Aristeia »

yes that's true. but wouldn't you need some evidence that Datisi is playing badly before you make this kind of accusation?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

Again it’s not an accusation that’s a misrep.

I work in hypotheticals.

That’s what BoP means. If I assume Datisi is good town (I haven’t played with him in like ever) then I Burden of Proficiency him. That means if we don’t have scum by like day 3 then Datisi shoots up on my PoE regardless of it.

However I still form my own opinions and see where we do and don’t sync.

Just because someone is good doesn’t mean you clock out.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Datisi »

aristeia, why are you making people have expectations of me, it makes me nervous >_>
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No Preference

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 512, Datisi wrote:@meg, when you're back
In post 508, MegAzumarill wrote:Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
what's your experience in mafia, and why are you not voting the person you apparently scumread?

I've played in one other game on site and played for a while on other sites. I'm not voting flubber until I get a chance to analyze the rest of the Player List. When I finish that I'll likely vote my biggest SR.
Imperfection is the spice of life.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 am

Post by T3 »

Large Normal 241 is currently in play. PM me if you want to spectate or replace in!

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/37202 is in signups.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, MathBlade wrote:Maybe scum don’t have a PT and have a discord instead? I have played a smaller game where this was the case. Reading that in the OP made me think what if no scum have a PT at all and made me want to join to see if this is the case.
This would be a shit move to pull imo
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Datisi »

lol tris
~M
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:04 am

Post by tris »