Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1249, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1246, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1245, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1240, Aristeia wrote:Mostly cried and had paranoid thoughts about Datisi being a scumbag who's playing with my heart.
I actually had a similar worry during the night phase :dead: :dead:

But, my thinking requires a confirmation in scum!chaos, so I was holding off voicing the concern until after a chaos flip
Or I guess, until it looked like chaos was gonna flip today.
Why were you thinking Chaos is gonna flip from a naked vote?

Why do you think scum Chaos implies scum Datisi?
You keep implying that since I did not drop my entire case on Chaos all over again, that my vote was "rvs" or "naked" when it is actually a vote that has a whole case behind it in my iso. I even linked it all just now for umlaut. I thought chaos would be the flip today, because he is the scummiest player in the lobby, and looking over the chaos reads coming out of my town reads, I expect the necessary votes are there.

As for Dats, I would point you to his vote on chaos and then his subsequent move off of chaos.

He votes chaos in with a passable fos his direction. At the time, Chaos had 0 votes.

Then he moves his vote to gamma in .

In between those two, I scum cased chaos, and voted him in 259. Chaos drops an omgus vote on me in 261. Ari calls out the omgus and votes chaos in /.

is a wild time to move away from chaos. If dats was worried about chaos enough to vote him in , why would he move the moment actual pressure started building up on the slot?

And his stated reason for moving to gamma? Because gamma called ari town in ...

Prior to this vote, I cannot find a place where dats called gamma scummy. I also cannot find a place where he calls ari scumm, dats was not calling ari scummy. So a "not explicitly scum read slot" votes another "nonexplicitly scum read slot" and that is enough to abandon the chaos wagon? It kind of looks like Dats put a distance vote, and then was surprised when it turned into a real wagon, and was just looking for a reason to change course.

And you remember our conversation day 1 about lots of people stating suspicions on Chaos, but voting Meg. Well, dats is the one who ended up starting the meg wagon and camped his vote there for the rest of the day. Even when I repeatedly tried to get that voting block to move to chaos.
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

The fact that he opened up today voting for Umlaut when there were already 2 votes on chaos further feeds in to the worry that dats and chaos are partners

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1248, MathBlade wrote:See here’s the situation I am in. People think you are X. I will not say whether I agree or not that you’re X as I believe that breaks the spirit of an alt. What I do know is that from this game there’s a quiet secretive player who’s not asking anything.

Do you have a game under this alt with a similar meta with you town?

Like I am trying to meet Titus half way here and I am just not seeing it and I am scared.

You don't have to be scared of me dear.

I've only played one other game on this site and you can find it if you look at my topics.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s not about dropping an entire case it’s about dropping something.

I’ve played forum mafia a long time..like a very long time.

I have never seen this type of situation before. Ever.

Generally people do a bare minimum “Hey Chaos was scummy yesterday come vote Chaos.” Or flashback to an event or something.

6 people in a row is unheard of.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1239, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1237, Titus wrote:
In post 1232, MathBlade wrote:Approximately half the game has a naked vote somewhere. Does this mean something to you?
Yes. We've joined a streaker's convention.
Making me laugh is not helpful but you should probably put some pants on.
Sure it is. Your biggest con as town is that you get hyper serious and it turns people off.

*puts pants on head*

Seriously, I can't force the rest of the town to give reasons for their votes. It actually nullifies the pressure to an extent. Right now, the majority of town left are tone reading the game and each other.

You hate that and I'm aware. I've tried to include you with my gifs so you can provide vital clues later once you solve them. I've targeted you specifically. I feel you can get at the bottom of Star Wars.

I can't override how others scum hunt, but I can include you the best I can.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And just searching his iso for mentions of chaos or omega (he refers to the slot as both).

He votes him early, when there is not pressure on the slot.

Then abandons ship the moment pressure actually builds up

And then he never comments on him again. He never calls anything he posts townie. He never calls anything he posts scummy. He just ignores it, even when I was very loudly stating why chaos was the better wagon.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12867026

This is what I am referring to.

In this game for context, DGB guiltied nom.

Even if people pick up on it there is discussion.

Something here feels very artificial.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1248, MathBlade wrote:Like I am trying to meet Titus half way here and I am just not seeing it and I am scared.
Not the end of the world. I'm watching and observing right now. There's time left in the day. No rush to get in sync yet.

Don't overtunnel. Don't force opinions. Ask and listen, not just hear.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1257, Titus wrote:
In post 1248, MathBlade wrote:Like I am trying to meet Titus half way here and I am just not seeing it and I am scared.
Not the end of the world. I'm watching and observing right now. There's time left in the day. No rush to get in sync yet.

That’s what I am doing.

Notice how my questions are open ended?

I am stating open ended thoughts and getting discussion going.

How is any of this tunnelling?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1258, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1257, Titus wrote:

That’s what I am doing.

Notice how my questions are open ended?

I am stating open ended thoughts and getting discussion going.

How is any of this tunnelling?
It's not yet. Momma bear's just worried. I need you to be untouchably town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1252, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1248, MathBlade wrote:See here’s the situation I am in. People think you are X. I will not say whether I agree or not that you’re X as I believe that breaks the spirit of an alt. What I do know is that from this game there’s a quiet secretive player who’s not asking anything.

Do you have a game under this alt with a similar meta with you town?

Like I am trying to meet Titus half way here and I am just not seeing it and I am scared.

You don't have to be scared of me dear.

I've only played one other game on this site and you can find it if you look at my topics.
Thanks. I think I have skimmed that game previously if it’s the one I am thinking of but will look at you specifically in depth.

Pedit: Uhm that’s a bad thing Titus. I never want to be untouchably town.

I learn from who tries to push me. I hate being conf town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I can be absolute shit sometimes and the last thing I want is “oh let’s sheep Math”. I am better than rand on townreads but swingy as fuck on scum and I want things to be collaborative rather than confs because then people just sheep the confs all day and clock out
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I feel like I was asked a question, and I put a ~lot~ of effort into answering it, and then 3 people just breezed past it, including the person who asked me in the first place :dead:

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1262, Lukewarm wrote:I feel like I was asked a question, and I put a ~lot~ of effort into answering it, and then 3 people just breezed past it, including the person who asked me in the first place :dead:
I did not breeze by it.

You answered a question but not the question I wanted answered then took it literally and realized you answered it literally. I was asking more of a “what makes you think votes without explanations are convincing” and got a big long wall case. So the problem was how I asked it.

I don’t have enough time to read a wall as I have to do chores but I can rapid fire post while I do chores so asking questions like this is easier. It will get a better response later
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Vulture »

:/
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Vulture »

Sorry about yesterday.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1265, Vulture wrote:Sorry about yesterday.
What are you sorry for?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Vulture »

I feel responsible for Meg getting voted out, in some part.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Vulture »

Like more than just a vote on a wagon.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1260, MathBlade wrote:Pedit: Uhm that’s a bad thing Titus. I never want to be untouchably town.

To get better, we have to push our limits. I wouldn't try to make you into obvtown unless I had a reason.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1267, Vulture wrote:I feel responsible for Meg getting voted out, in some part.
Then vote Chaos or Umlaut.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1263, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1262, Lukewarm wrote:I feel like I was asked a question, and I put a ~lot~ of effort into answering it, and then 3 people just breezed past it, including the person who asked me in the first place :dead:
I did not breeze by it.

You answered a question but not the question I wanted answered then took it literally and realized you answered it literally. I was asking more of a “what makes you think votes without explanations are convincing” and got a big long wall case. So the problem was how I asked it.

I don’t have enough time to read a wall as I have to do chores but I can rapid fire post while I do chores so asking questions like this is easier. It will get a better response later
The answer I felt like was breezed past, was the answer to this question
In post 1249, MathBlade wrote:Why do you think scum Chaos implies scum Datisi?

But if you are skipping the walls, then that makes sense

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1269, Titus wrote:
In post 1260, MathBlade wrote:Pedit: Uhm that’s a bad thing Titus. I never want to be untouchably town.

To get better, we have to push our limits. I wouldn't try to make you into obvtown unless I had a reason.
In post 1271, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1263, MathBlade wrote:
I did not breeze by it.

The answer I felt like was breezed past, was the answer to this question
In post 1249, MathBlade wrote:Why do you think scum Chaos implies scum Datisi?

But if you are skipping the walls, then that makes sense
@Titus: Or just no? It makes the game really hard when I am conf town because then I become buddy food. I get you may have a reason. You may have some special Math tell that’s 100% accurate (as much as I try to avoid that) or even mod conf from a PR, I legit do not care. Conf towns poison games. You learn more seeing what scum push against the uber secret town block than confirming anyone. A well place inno or guilty makes the game go around.

I really don’t like how you’re making this into a binary thing and I am trying to hunt a reaction here and now it’s destroyed.

@Luke again I apologize I will read it Sunday.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1268, Vulture wrote:Like more than just a vote on a wagon.
How so?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1247, Aristeia wrote:I have no idea what Umlaut or Chaos alignments are.

I don't know whether this is TvT.

I'm town because my role pm is green.

I'm not doing anything to figure out my reads, I threw them in the trash yesterday and I'll re-do them when I have time to.
ngl this doesn’t feel like a town approach
Typically I feel like town doesn’t wipe the board clean off one flip not going how they expect, they tend to stick to whatever they were thinking before that wasn’t tied to that wrong read
This reads more like scum trying to reposition for the next phase

FYI I’m moreso seeing this as a reaction to the Meg flip vs. the T3 kill
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!