Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I buy Gamma+Titus only PRs here.

Informed about 3 people with BTSC chat = 1 PR
Neighbor Traitor vs goon = -1 scum PR

So I think it balances pretty well
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

Plus informed isn’t even normal unless it’s attached to a PR so the fact there’s open info like that is really more 1.5 vs 1. So…

I buy it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:04 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

And I think you don't know what you're talking about a lot, so *shrug*
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:04 am

Post by Datisi »

me @ setup specc in this game:

I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

I mean mafia doc vs town jailkeeper can’t be the setup as then mafia doc never endgames
So that leaves neighbor scum the only possible end game slot in that scenario and it’s the only slot that can be guiltied by both PRa

So yes literally if you’re town we should be in don’t throw and win territory.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3029, MathBlade wrote:I mean mafia doc vs town jailkeeper can’t be the setup as then mafia doc never endgames
ftr i stil don't understand why this is a thing.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2713, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2710, Datisi wrote:why can't the mafia doc endgame? they don't have to actually claim the fact they're a doc, no?
Gamma rolecop and Chaos informed only 1 gun make that impossible though.
can't endgame if there's a guilty on them? isn't this true for like, every scum?
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3030, Datisi wrote:
In post 3029, MathBlade wrote:I mean mafia doc vs town jailkeeper can’t be the setup as then mafia doc never endgames
ftr i stil don't understand why this is a thing.
Pretend townjailkeeper is silly and claims post 1. Mafia would never claim post one.

Rolecop finding a doc is no longer an innocent it’s a direct guilty.
Meaning that anyone rolecop checks doctor, neighbor, neighbor traitor is a guilty
Making it a de facto alignment cop

So mafia doctor cannot end game because JK + doc way too much protection for a mini normal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3031, Datisi wrote:
In post 2713, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2710, Datisi wrote:why can't the mafia doc endgame? they don't have to actually claim the fact they're a doc, no?
Gamma rolecop and Chaos informed only 1 gun make that impossible though.
can't endgame if there's a guilty on them? isn't this true for like, every scum?
If you assume a traitor both roles have to have the capability of endgaming. If they can’t it becomes unwinnable for scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

So if I go with this you have
Odd night alignment cop
Informed Townie + capable of getting one guilty + informed of entire setup thanks to opener
Loyal Jailkeeper

Vs
Mafia doctor
Neighbor
Neighbor traitor

Not balanced.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Datisi »

but literally all i'm seeing is "maf doc can't endgame because they return a guilty to the rolecop" when the odds of getting checked by a rolecop are not 100%.
~M
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The point is the town roles synergise way too much against a mafia that is fractured and underpowered
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3035, Datisi wrote:but literally all i'm seeing is "maf doc can't endgame because they return a guilty to the rolecop" when the odds of getting checked by a rolecop are not 100%.
Odds of scum getting a guilty on Umlaut or doctor are incredibly high though for N1.

Even not accounting for play. Assume town mis yeet

Then you have 2/10 chance of checking a scum with a guilty for the rolecop
1/10 for gunsmith

Odds of both not happening is 8/10*9/10

So odds of one happening is 1-(72/100) = 38% before posting.

Add in posting influencing you’re looking at a 50% guilty rate on N1
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

Btw the 10 comes from 13 alive at start. Town misyeets down to 12. Can’t check self so 11. I think I messed up and took out traitor by mistake but slightly less but you get the idea.

Gunsmith and rolecop can’t fire same night
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=80157

Just throwing it out there that the person who is running this game ran a game previously with a town doctor and town jailkeeper. This is to say, I don't understand the points Math is making.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:26 am

Post by Datisi »

and what if there's another power role in town

pedit: omega, you shouldn't go by mods, you should go by designers. the person modding the game isn't necessarily the one who made it.
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

math has to argue setup spec because they can't win with dayplay atp lol
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3040, Datisi wrote:and what if there's another power role in town

pedit: omega, you shouldn't go by mods, you should go by designers. the person modding the game isn't necessarily the one who made it.
If there is another PR in town that’s functionally irrelevant to the calculation.

You’d need some pretty high scum power to stop 25% guilty on N1 before posting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:28 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Agreed Datisi, this is more arguing the point by Math that there's no way a town doc and JK can be in a mini normal, his setup spec and odds calculations are biased around what he thinks is balanced, and I don't think he has a good handle on it.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3042, MathBlade wrote:

If there is another PR in town that’s functionally irrelevant to the calculation.

no, i was asking, how does the math (haha) look like then

say there's another investigative
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

The point is scum are screwed before they even post with the given setup and there is 0% chance I approve this.

If Gamma checks either doctor or neighbor traitor it’s auto loss for the game.

This works for 4 scum not three
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3044, Datisi wrote:
In post 3042, MathBlade wrote:

no, i was asking, how does the math (haha) look like then

say there's another investigative
Depends on how many scum they can guilty and when they can fire.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Datisi »

they can fire every night, guilty all scum / get hardclears at first, later on it gets a bit more ambiguous
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3043, ChaosOmega wrote:Agreed Datisi, this is more arguing the point by Math that there's no way a town doc and JK can be in a mini normal, his setup spec and odds calculations are biased around what he thinks is balanced, and I don't think he has a good handle on it.
I think I do considering I have been suggested an entire setup.

Let’s look at the strategies scum could take to win:
1) Can’t bus. Foregone conclusion
2) Must fake claim VT without knowing to do so
3) Can’t ever be checked despite setup balance relying on them being checked for innos

This setup 100% does not work
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3047, Datisi wrote:they can fire every night, guilty all scum / get hardclears at first, later on it gets a bit more ambiguous
Then n1 you’re looking at
Not 8/11 and
Not 9/11 and
Not 10/11

1 - .54 roughly 45% chance a guilty doesn’t occur before posting
GTKAS -- MathBlade