Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

i'm like firmly in my current townrage and very distinct from my recent scumrange - if you think i needed to tryhard at a playerlist like this instead of doing what i normally do at a PL with players i know you're trolling.
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1270, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1269, cool cookie wrote:dkkoba what's the three-point summary of Kyouko-scum for me?
More questions than solid statements(attempting to appear "uninformed" via trying to informatively look like she needs to ask about everything - hides in catchups to avoid pressure - no fire in their play, this *is* present when they are town. (hard to quantify - its more of gut thing than anything that is felt )
I think that if Kyouko is able to radiate Town behaviour without even knowing that they are under pressure to do so, then that is a plus. (Of course, I am willing to accept that scum!Kyouko would see that they are under pressure, so would know to act more towny than usual, but that comes with its' own problem of trying to act town while not being town, a known hard problem)

Could you clear up what "No fire in their play" means? I don't understand that.

I think this could go either way. Town can ask a lot of questions because they are uninformed, or scum can ask a lot of questions to look uninformed.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:48 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1274, Dwlee99 wrote:Pressure isn't pressure if it doesn't actually carry a threat of dying with it. Wtf
loftwing is just scum. let's switch to him and then we can get kyouko after.
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

WHAT FUCKING TOWN RADIATION YOURE FULL OF SHIT LMAO
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

i honestly dont care if you flip town youre basically 5th scum if you are and join spec chat instead of flooding the thread with your bad takes
(DM me)

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1277, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1274, Dwlee99 wrote:Pressure isn't pressure if it doesn't actually carry a threat of dying with it. Wtf
I still feel like Loftwing has a better chance of just being... wrong

Although I've definitely won games killing wrong town before getting the scum lol
I prefer they, thanks :)
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1273, DkKoba wrote:you know what fuck yall - I have a fucking 100% read rate and you all fucking dont

if you're going to challenge my method you need to make a good fucking case because i haven't fucking missed.
I'm going to just stop arguing with you. You seem to be saying "I am not and can never be wrong", so there's no point in trying to change your mind there. You won't accept a good argument even if it was made, because you have it in your head that you can't be wrong, and no amount of argument in the world will change someone's mind if they decided that they are right.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

cool cookie - loftwing - andres- kyouko

is a solve i dont hate atp

these are the only 4 names that are not hitting the bar of townienes I have currently set.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1280, Dwlee99 wrote:

Although I've definitely won games killing wrong town before getting the scum lol
its literally a win win because then we remove their influence and prevent them from ruining the game
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

hakai/wake/nero could have scum if im wrong on any of those but i believe i have at least 3/4.
(DM me)

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Andres and cool cookie I think are town
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Nvm on cool cookie, that's kop slot
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1281, Loftwing wrote:
In post 1273, DkKoba wrote:you know what fuck yall - I have a fucking 100% read rate and you all fucking dont

if you're going to challenge my method you need to make a good fucking case because i haven't fucking missed.
I'm going to just stop arguing with you. You seem to be saying "I am not and can never be wrong", so there's no point in trying to change your mind there. You won't accept a good argument even if it was made, because you have it in your head that you can't be wrong, and no amount of argument in the world will change someone's mind if they decided that they are right.
You say this after providing shitargument after shitargument - like the v/la nonsense.

I will just say it, I have better accuracy and if you are town you would just sheep someone who has a proven track record of 100% reading someone as my claim is just as good as a tracker guilty.
(DM me)

cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1280, Dwlee99 wrote:

hmmm
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Loftwing »

Coolkie, what are your current thoughts on Koba?
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:06 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1282, DkKoba wrote:cool cookie - loftwing - andres- kyouko

these are the only 4 names that are not hitting the bar of townienes I have currently set.
I don't think that scumteam ever wins this game

Loftwing - I'm willing to buy this as dkkoba-town - partly player, partly gamestate read. at the very least, dkkoba would be way down the list of folk to consider elimming today.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1290, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1282, DkKoba wrote:cool cookie - loftwing - andres- kyouko

I don't think that scumteam ever wins this game

Loftwing - I'm willing to buy this as dkkoba-town - partly player, partly gamestate read. at the very least, dkkoba would be way down the list of folk to consider elimming today.
I would tend to agree. Their arrogance here along with boxing themselves into a "I'm right and you're wrong" fortress would come from a town player.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:11 am

Post by cool cookie »

im mostly wary of those following dkkoba reads, as it's a very easy way to stay out of the limelight. Dwlee99 is of interest, not only for that reason, but to look at later.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

if you take a look at the 3 games i linked of kyouko and I's you see that I have her number at this point as both alignments and it wasn't just a fluke.
(DM me)

cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:24 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 596, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 595, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What is your read on SSB Andres. Do you scumread them?
Here’s my take - the reason I haven’t defended Kyouko aggressively despite seriously questioning Koba is because if I’m wrong about Koba (and I can be - Koba is notoriously hard to read) is because Kyouko admitted that Koba has their number, and yet they’re not screaming
hard
to get Koba executed. There’s not a whole lot of outrage in or for example. Just some surprise, a rather meek admission that Koba does have Kyouko’s number, and some strategic discussion about how Koba might go about using their 100% read rate to their advantage as Scum.

I am comfortable applying the burden of proficiency standard to a select
few
players. The number is small, and since I haven’t played here enough most of those players are in the old forum I used to play in. Koba is in that list. I have a feeling Kyouko agrees that the standard should apply to Koba too. If that’s indeed the case, then why aren’t they more outraged that Koba is reading them wrong and hard dunking on them? And why are they letting me take all the heat here? I’ve been in games with players I know can easily tell when I’m Town. I know how that feels like. And when they’re hedging on my slot (and I’m acting like my usual Town self), or even worse, calling me Scum, I obviously get suspicious. I’m always skeptical even if you have me right, but with some players it becomes more obvious when they should be reading you correctly but aren’t.

At the same time, I have seen Koba get some things wrong (of course, none of us are perfect). But after screaming this loud for an execution? I think that’s maybe a bit rare. If we flip Kyouko, and they flip Scum, Koba is going to get NK’ed and well, that’ll be that. But if they’re wrong? Then what? That’s going to be hard. What I’ve done in the past in situations like this is advocated for the “1v1” to get sorted, and go from there. I don’t know that I’m the one who should be making this argument. But I think it should be considered.
this is pretty bad, especially in a Koba-Kyouko TvT world.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1292, cool cookie wrote:im mostly wary of those following dkkoba reads, as it's a very easy way to stay out of the limelight. Dwlee99 is of interest, not only for that reason, but to look at later.
Do you think there's anyone following their reads that might be trying to avoid suspicion?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1294, cool cookie wrote:
In post 595, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What is your read on SSB Andres. Do you scumread them?
Here’s my take - the reason I haven’t defended Kyouko aggressively despite seriously questioning Koba is because if I’m wrong about Koba (and I can be - Koba is notoriously hard to read) is because Kyouko admitted that Koba has their number, and yet they’re not screaming
hard
to get Koba executed. There’s not a whole lot of outrage in or for example. Just some surprise, a rather meek admission that Koba does have Kyouko’s number, and some strategic discussion about how Koba might go about using their 100% read rate to their advantage as Scum.

few
players. The number is small, and since I haven’t played here enough most of those players are in the old forum I used to play in. Koba is in that list. I have a feeling Kyouko agrees that the standard should apply to Koba too. If that’s indeed the case, then why aren’t they more outraged that Koba is reading them wrong and hard dunking on them? And why are they letting me take all the heat here? I’ve been in games with players I know can easily tell when I’m Town. I know how that feels like. And when they’re hedging on my slot (and I’m acting like my usual Town self), or even worse, calling me Scum, I obviously get suspicious. I’m always skeptical even if you have me right, but with some players it becomes more obvious when they should be reading you correctly but aren’t.

At the same time, I have seen Koba get some things wrong (of course, none of us are perfect). But after screaming this loud for an execution? I think that’s maybe a bit rare. If we flip Kyouko, and they flip Scum, Koba is going to get NK’ed and well, that’ll be that. But if they’re wrong? Then what? That’s going to be hard. What I’ve done in the past in situations like this is advocated for the “1v1” to get sorted, and go from there. I don’t know that I’m the one who should be making this argument. But I think it should be considered.
Could you explain why you think this is bad? I'd like to see your thoughts on the matter.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:32 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1107, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 602, Rannygazoo wrote:Andres, I’ve read through and seen you complain about weak votes from Norwee and Titus, and people reading your meta wrong.
Would it be fair to say you’ve been caught for the wrong reasons?
This looks weird to me, anyon eplayed with Ranny before? It feels like the classic "fairish" scumtell, also the words dont seem to match the intent.

Like what is expected here Ranny? What do you expect Andre's to say and what do you get from that? This feels snipish.
agree that is a bit odd from Ranny.

have read the Kyouko-iso - not much there to get excited about. could be scum (koba's observations seem fair - lack of town fire, catching up a bit of a toil, although none of those are hard tells for me in isolation). I can get why koba would want to elim there if the meta fits, but compared to the field I don't think Kyouko is top tier scummy or a priority elim today.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Sheeping Koba in the past has given me great results and I think Koba is town here
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:41 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1295, Loftwing wrote:
In post 1292, cool cookie wrote:im mostly wary of those following dkkoba reads, as it's a very easy way to stay out of the limelight. Dwlee99 is of interest, not only for that reason, but to look at later.
Do you think there's anyone following their reads that might be trying to avoid suspicion?
that's exactly what i was implying. or to frame it differently, if scum aren't doing that, it's a strategic error.
In post 1296, Loftwing wrote:
In post 1294, cool cookie wrote:
hard

few

Could you explain why you think this is bad? I'd like to see your thoughts on the matter.
in essence, it's saying:

Flip Kyouko today. if town, flip Koba tomorrow. potentially setting up multiple mis-elims, under the guise of "dkkoba is always right".

more generally, selectively applying 'burden of proficiency' is a real easy mafia tactic. would be interesting to know if the consensus/evidence from past games is that andres does hold koba in such high esteem.