Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1222, petapan wrote:
In post 1221, Gamma Emerald wrote:Honestly I do think your recent content is alright
You’re definitely the weakest full SR I have it’s just I kinda am concerned you’re gonna pockit me again
lol

i feel like i'm nothing like that game but that was also an anonymous game where i was playing deliberately off-meta so it's probably moot
That game isn’t all there is my concern here. I could see you angling towards townreading me from a mile away, so I instantly went shields-up when it came to trusting you here. There’s definite room to change my mind but I think that’s best done through action vs. explanation.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

uh, gonna catch up fully soon, but just realized we're at E-1, so until then

UNVOTE:
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by Gypyx »

mid catchup posting cuz class is starting : really not a big fan of Ydrasse, mostly fluff but there's still that effort to play the game which idk, now that i think about it might be more town indicative for yeetdrasse specifically, but i dunno VOTE: Ydrase

Really liking pooky otherwise, and gamma feels too agressive to really be scum imho
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 82, Dwlee99 wrote:My town slip is that I didn't even realize there were events until pooky mentioned it and I scrolled up

(sorry for not reading the setup before MT, now that I have it is really awesome though!!)
townlean on that too, although it could also be Dwlee projecting him finding out about events in the scum PT, i doubt that a paid actor would go and straight up say "that's a townslip"
bottom text
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:01 am

Post by Taly »

I would've liked to see ANY type of counter to my case on Gamma.... I get it was spoilered but I don't feel differently than I did last night.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

it's okay birdie, haven't reached it, i'll get to it eventually
bottom text
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1081, ulyana wrote:
In post 1078, Taly wrote:I believe Gamma is at L2.

Let's please keep in mind of the, state L1 and intention to hammer before EoD occurs, if it does.
would also be nice to leash gamma emerald to eliminate someone who is not me if the throne is a kingmaker type deal on account of this entire push feeling like it might be preemptively designed to explain him doing so
He's been voting and pushing like 2/3 of the game at this point. In this universe why do u think he's setting up to kill u specifically?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1082, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1078, Taly wrote:I believe Gamma is at L2.

Let's please keep in mind of the, state L1 and intention to hammer before EoD occurs, if it does.
There are no power roles so there's no real reason to do this
Courtesy
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea this wagon on Dunnstral is unlikely to make him play but whatever
I prefer they, thanks :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1110, Galron wrote:I'm caught up enough I think. I just haven't found anything to really dig into. The mechanics seem the most interesting thing, but I don't think it's really the right time to talk about that, at least until we have the first challenge under our belts. My reads are awful, and I have this impression that no one's done or said anything really noteworthy. Like in Radio Buzz by this time we had several 1v1s or 1v1v1s. I see a few here, but they're junior varsity spats. I'm seeing what I think is a frustrated Gamma leading the pack, but I'm not sure why he's so scum read, which makes me think I need to go back and read the beginning of the game again, which I started doing. I do kind of agree with whomever said that thing about Ceph being similar to RB, and I think I need more than just that feeling to scum read him I think. I dunno, I'm just missing a ground hold here.
You feel very weird and like muted as compared to radio buzz. There iirc u also kinda missed fhe beginning of the game but ur contributions were p quickly p townie. Idk if the difference here is that u need more time to get into the swing pf things, or if ur just scum. Dunno how to differentiate between those universes just yet

Is there anything i can do to help you get into the game?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1233, Dwlee99 wrote:Yea this wagon on Dunnstral is unlikely to make him play but whatever
That’s not the point imo
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1111, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

E-1
In post 1120, Galron wrote:I'm going to hammer I guess. I think we need a flip, or at least a view of how these days are going to go down.
@galron like 3 posts on top of this u said u werenr sure if gamma is scum + u arent really caughr up / into the game yet. This intent is super premature in that context and doesnt really make sense

Ngl i'm starting to get some cold feet abt gamma
There's been like no resistance, the wagon comp keeps changing, and i dont like how people are popping out of the woodwork to vote him
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1110, Galron wrote:I'm caught up enough I think. I just haven't found anything to really dig into. The mechanics seem the most interesting thing, but I don't think it's really the right time to talk about that, at least until we have the first challenge under our belts. My reads are awful, and I have this impression that no one's done or said anything really noteworthy. Like in Radio Buzz by this time we had several 1v1s or 1v1v1s. I see a few here, but they're junior varsity spats. I'm seeing what I think is a frustrated Gamma leading the pack, but I'm not sure why he's so scum read, which makes me think I need to go back and read the beginning of the game again, which I started doing. I do kind of agree with whomever said that thing about Ceph being similar to RB, and I think I need more than just that feeling to scum read him I think. I dunno, I'm just missing a ground hold here.
In post 1120, Galron wrote:I'm going to hammer I guess. I think we need a flip, or at least a view of how these days are going to go down.
In post 1124, Galron wrote:I really don't think we need 10 hours though.
So ur not caught up, dont have a foothold in the game, dont think anything noteworthy has happened, want to do a reread, dont ger why gamma is scimread, but want to hammer him and think waiting 10 hours to do so is too long.

Is that right?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1133, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1128, Dunnstral wrote:Adding to the pool of AtE really doesn't help me
:shrug:

i don't know what you want from me. no one seems to want me to be alive. it is demoralizing. half of them have only played one game with me and i was scum in that game and they've very wisely observed that i seem similar in this game. i feel the only way i can overcome their perceptions is by flipping town at which point they will realize that i'm actually just good at imitating myself. so it seems like this game is a wash / a price i have to play in order to be able to actually play mafia with this group.
Well, is there anything you think u should be townread for here?
Also this is like weirdlu nihilistic (not sure actually if that's the right word. But like you're willing to die to prove that you're town and make some grand broader point. Which as i write this out i realize is actually p different from radio buzz and might be +town tbh)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1137, Dunnstral wrote:I'm struggling to think of a minigame where it doesn't matter what the majority think and somebody just dies

But yeah, I get it
Two players get voted on to gladiate each other
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1148, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz its pointless?

like if you're scum and you're sitting at e-2/e-1 and you don't see any viable counterwagons and literally 0 people are listening to you.

is there actually a point in moving your vote around going "this person is scum!" "nah that person is scum!"

like lol how is this even scum indicative behavior
Well he's kinda been doing this since well before he was e1/e2
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1161, SirCakez wrote:Also Galron might be scum
:upvote:
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1166, Infinity 324 wrote:i'm baffled at anyone who has galron at anything but null
Well what do u think abt the points i made a few posta up?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1175, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:Trust these people until the end of time: Taly, Infinity, Skitter, Ydrasse
Good folks to keep around: Gypyx, Galron, Sircakez, Pooky
Could do with a touching-up: Saber, Toogeloo, Dwlee
Remove them from the premises: Cephrir, Dunnstral, Ulyana, Petapan

Since I’m not long for this world I may as well leave this as a parting gift.
I think this serves as an express declaration that yes, I have turned my thoughts around on the Gypyx slot somewhat. I also had pings early from Ydrasse but expressly turned that around at a markedly earlier point.
Also, I may not have shown it much in my posting but I was genuinely lost for a time, it just seemed vastly unproductive to make a comment about it rather than working to fix the underlying issues. I am certain I’d have people barking about how I’ve been making a scene about my lack of direction and I’m scum for it if I’d actually been more clear about how lost I’d been when I was struggling with that. So excuse me if I find your viewpoint rather uncharitable.
Ugh idk if scum-gamma feels pressured to lut out a readslidt or is so prickly abt defending the notion that his readslist didnt change
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1180, Galron wrote:This seems to be a Mexican standoff kind of thing, except skitter's right, Infinity isn't pushing back but defending herself. There's an accusation of a Dwlee/Infinity team and of a Skitter/Infinity team. But it's lacking an accusation of a Dwlee/Skitter team. Infinity didn't go there.
I dont believe i said i thought dwlee/infinity are a team. In fact i'm p sure i said i *didnt* think that
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1181, Galron wrote:
In post 625, skitter30 wrote:the issue that i'm having here is that i'm used to town-infinity having more 'oomph' and 'being here' more than she has been, esp. in response to my saying i scumread her. usually if town-her feels i'm reading her wrong (which has happened multiple times in the past), she kicks into gear, starts pushing me, and has a visceral sort of response. here she's kinda just passively accepting it and not really doing anything abt it, which i think is a reaction much more likely to come from scum-her.

like the fact that she's 'just kinda there' is what i'm finding scummy here.
You've got Infinity, Peta and me in the 'just kinda there' category. I don't disagree that I've been pretty inactive, but other than pushback from Infinity, what do you expect from Peta and from me?

Well for infinity i think the fact that she's occupying that slot runs counter to her town-meta
For u and peta, i'm trying to prod you into doing ai stuff thay i can read
Although at this point i think ur scum for other reasons
In post 1182, Galron wrote:
In post 703, skitter30 wrote:I forgot to say this earlier - while infinity and dwlee are both independantly scummy i dont think they make ssense together
I missed this, and reading back skitter never explicity stated that they were a team; I just inferred that.
Ah yeah
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1184, Galron wrote:In fact, I don't see Peta in that category.
Uh he very much is, almosg by his own admission
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1192, petapan wrote:i don't think this is a player list where i'm likely to have strong scumreads early and i feel that jumping in with reckless aggression is more likely to be unhelpful and lead to confusing my reads anyway

in the very early game i kind of prefer to hang back until something catches my attention anyway

this game is more or less my re-entry to plying mafia after some time off, where i couldn't muster any enthusiasm whatsoever. i had no desire to read anyone, the mystery of a game had no intrigue for me. now i'm back, i'm in that mindset and i'm eager to play, but i'm not in a place where i feel like i can act with confidence yet.

i am entirely serious when i say stuff about how i plan on being obvious town this game, it's just that it's not yet that time
Ok thanks, this context is helpful.
Given its a large i dont think i need to have u sorted today but just taking note of this and that i expect u to obvtown soonish
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1195, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1193, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 970, Dwlee99 wrote:
Cephrir?
petapan?

Ydrasse

SirCakez

skitter30
Infinity 324

Toogeloo

Galron

Dunnstral

Question mark means it's like okay to kill them but I'm leaning towards not
Anyone wanna pick a name from this list?
Your kill list has 1 more person from my top tiers than my bottom tiers, and two of the very bottom tier people you have listed are question marks
Not a great PoE imo
Dont know why scum-gamma picks a fight with this when dwlee is offering to wagon someone else tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1210, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1208, Dwlee99 wrote:Anyway just pick a name from there and I'll probably vote. If it's a question mark you'll need to give me processing time
Why “processing time”? And out of those names the ones I like best for scum are Cephrir and Dunnstral.
VOTE: Dunnstral
I’ll get things started.
Why ... are you voting dunn over ceph here ...
Show
Hiatus once more.