Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by unwnd »

@Cakez

You were pretty much about 'Toog being scum' early on and now you're at them being null and even some posts that read like you think they're town? Why? What changed
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm looking at Cakez' games and he really is just very 'this sucks' even as town.

I'm starting to think it's not a tell. I do however still have problems with certain progressions that need to be ironed out
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3126, unwnd wrote:I'm looking at Cakez' games and he really is just very 'this sucks' even as town.

I'm starting to think it's not a tell. I do however still have problems with certain progressions that need to be ironed out
again my point is not that he is making those type of arguments

i have seen him say stuff like that as town and it was in fact why i was letting him ride for so long

but in checking whether him wanting to 1v1 you was AI, i decided to actually look at his games

while he posts like that as town there is the capacity for actual developed reasoning behind that. there's an actual attempt to find scummy things, based on what people have said. he can piece together a coherent thought. as scum he just shades shit endlessly.

what he has been doing here is blatantly shading people for horseshit reasons and not having any depth behind it.

i presented it without referencing meta because i felt it would be an easier presentation, even though i knew this was going to be the fallback
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by ulyana »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
j'aurai disparu
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

"Fateful Duel"

Decision 3.0.10
unwnd [4]:
Saber, Ydrasse, skitter30, Infinity 324

Dunnstral [3]:
Taly, Dwlee99, SirCakez

SirCakez [2]:
petapan, unwnd

Saber [1]:
Gamma Emerald

Toogeloo [1]:
Gypyx

Not Voting [3]:
ulyana, Dunnstral, Toogeloo

With 14 contestants remaining, it takes 8 votes to nominate a duelist.
The contestant with the second-most votes at majority or deadline will also be nominated. Plurality and seniority are in effect for both nominations.

The deadline for this decision is in:
(expired on 2021-10-19 17:07:18)
[/mech]

Now playing..

Tia - Deal with the devil

                        
▶ ❚❚ ─────────●─────────────────────  1:37 / 4:44
                       
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3076, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2987, Infinity 324 wrote:i feel bad but...unwnd still isn't towntelling imo

also i'm not super convinced about the cakez case but at this point i'm ok sheeping it. kinda done with this phase tbh
this gives me MAJOR ick
literally no WIM at all
this

is

literally

not a fucking scumtell

this is not something town is lasering in on as suspect especially as she is far from the only one to express that sentiment
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3084, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3080, unwnd wrote:Cakez towncase yourself for me

Doesn't need to be a big one but like why am I just wrong on you

Moreover, why can't I just..be wrong on you? Why is it scum motivated
basically - the way you entered this game and have been playing seems like you're trying to widen the elim pool and put people who generally weren't being considered (like Taly, Skitter and myself) into play while diverting attention away from people like Peta and Dunn who were sussed after Pooky and Ceph flipped town
"widening the poe" is also just quite literally never a correct tell although some people act like it is
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by petapan »

again, like, rationally

the only reason he does that as scum is if the team is HARD again the wall and are generally all within the POE, and the only path to victory is a desperation play

i don't think any rational person believes that is what the game is like

instead coming in here and voicing unpopular opinions is likely to get you shouted down

but cakez here is shortcutting all that logic to use a cookie cutter argument
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3061, SirCakez wrote:also it's fucking BS to say I'm accusing everyone when Peta is staging this to look like I accused all of these people at the same time when in reality this is a game-wide pregression.

I'm at null on Toog
ended up with town for Ceph
still TR Dwlee
nulltown Ulyana
nulltown Gamma
wow great you're not shading the people who aren't viable wagons anymore

cool

great

wonderful
free crypto
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: SirCakez
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

I only skimmed this page but I'm seeing tons of moving the goalposts from Peta and it's annoying me

And Dunn's reaction lol
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez! Newly updated!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3133, petapan wrote:
In post 3061, SirCakez wrote:also it's fucking BS to say I'm accusing everyone when Peta is staging this to look like I accused all of these people at the same time when in reality this is a game-wide pregression.

I'm at null on Toog
ended up with town for Ceph
still TR Dwlee
nulltown Ulyana
nulltown Gamma
wow great you're not shading the people who aren't viable wagons anymore

cool

great

wonderful
Ex this
I refute his argument and he goes "ACKHSHUALY I MEANT THIS"
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3132, petapan wrote:again, like, rationally

the only reason he does that as scum is if the team is HARD again the wall and are generally all within the POE, and the only path to victory is a desperation play

i don't think any rational person believes that is what the game is like

instead coming in here and voicing unpopular opinions is likely to get you shouted down

but cakez here is shortcutting all that logic to use a cookie cutter argument
I just don't think this is true
Why do you have to be totally fucked as scum to go for this play? Easier to get scum out of the pool with more of them alive.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

If Peta is town here then he's basically going "cakez does not play mafia how I think town should play mafia therefore he is scum"
One of his arguments right now is that my tells are wrong
Ok you can think that but how is that scum motivated? I'm not some mafia hunting god I don't know what's "correct"
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

Also totally ignoring Peta and I's slap fight - in what world is Dunn's return to the thread here town at all?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:17 am

Post by unwnd »

You know.

I've been running into this problem lately with games where I exit from what's taking place and go looking at other games from players and then bring back my knowledge from them. You could call it something like meta? Yeah. Something like that. I think my own impression of you Cakez is that
purely
based on meta you're rubbing me wrong. Peta has his own reasons, but just diving into your ISO I'm not really seeing what I typically want to see.

If meta is a wash and you're just not really thinking about how you come off, then how come you're so..unflappable. Do you spend most of your time making pointed statements that you will never follow up on? Yeah, I would say so. I'm just not personally seeing where you exactly stop and think. It's just accusation after accusation and accusation. You said to me 'see I'm rethinking You/peta!' but what does that mean in the greater scheme of where you were before with us? With my slot?

Meta can't really exclude the feeling that you're not being consistent in your efforts and just talking instinctively in the moment. And if you're doing that, what are you exactly taking from it? Nothing from your posts read like you want something to gain from them rather you're making them cause shit might as well. I'm too familiar with that feeling as scum.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3140, unwnd wrote:If meta is a wash and you're just not really thinking about how you come off, then how come you're so..unflappable. Do you spend most of your time making pointed statements that you will never follow up on? Yeah, I would say so. I'm just not personally seeing where you exactly stop and think. It's just accusation after accusation and accusation. You said to me 'see I'm rethinking You/peta!' but what does that mean in the greater scheme of where you were before with us? With my slot?
I don't know why people accuse me of this
I don't post all my thoughts about games, like I said earlier I don't like/can't generate walls like some people can where they just thought-dump everything they can about every slot in the game.
If I wasn't actually interested in sorting Peta and you I would not even be discussing w/you two.
Peta knows from experience that when I'm deadset on someone being scum I approach it differently.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

I also suppose it comes off that way when I'm behind because when I have to slog through 25 pages I can only put so much thought and effort into reading each post because of the sheer quantity.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3117, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3112, SirCakez wrote:yeah but have you gotten any good vibes? i usually get them from Inf and they aren't here
I think I got some early on
Oh yeah
What were these?
In post 3119, unwnd wrote:Yeah but why Dunn? I get you don't wanna waffle but I still wanna know where you go next if that's wrong. Or if you're not thinking about it. I empathize about feeling stuck and shit.
I laid out my Dunn reasoning here
In post 3093, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
I think this is now my strongest scumread
He is playing to his scum meta to a T - drive-by posting, lack of investment, few memorable posts or pushes
I can't really think of a scum team in this playerlist that doesn't have Dunn in it while I could see Peta or Unwnd not being in one
In post 3097, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3093, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
I think this is now my strongest scumread
He is playing to his scum meta to a T - drive-by posting, lack of investment, few memorable posts or pushes
I can't really think of a scum team in this playerlist that doesn't have Dunn in it while I could see Peta or Unwnd not being in one
his entire day 2 is totally awful - literally no scumhunting at all, just occasional reads drops and defending himself for spending all of day 1 on Gamma
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 3141, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3140, unwnd wrote:If meta is a wash and you're just not really thinking about how you come off, then how come you're so..unflappable. Do you spend most of your time making pointed statements that you will never follow up on? Yeah, I would say so. I'm just not personally seeing where you exactly stop and think. It's just accusation after accusation and accusation. You said to me 'see I'm rethinking You/peta!' but what does that mean in the greater scheme of where you were before with us? With my slot?
I don't post all my thoughts about games, like I said earlier I don't like/can't generate walls like some people can where they just thought-dump everything they can about every slot in the game.
If I wasn't actually interested in sorting Peta and you I would not even be discussing w/you two.
Peta knows from experience that when I'm deadset on someone being scum I approach it differently.
I mean.

Meta kinda is a wash. I don't like leaning on it. I think I've made more meta mistakes and getting all heady about 'this must be right' reads cause experience says so. I'm not that full of myself and I would like to treat you like as you are in this game. It just so happens that I have a ton of experience with you so it's hard to ignore that.

Summation of my thoughts is that I feel people are townier than you and the person you've chosen to be
in this game
is a margin below what I've seen from you elsewhere. And that person in the game is exhibiting behavior that is reminiscent to scum for me. So like, yes I have experience and yes I am reading you as Cakez but at the same time Cakez can be scum and you're doing scum things.

I get it's a hard to undo some of your habits. Your habits are not intuitively scum rather it's how they are used. We're here having a discussion and like. Why are you backed off on me now? Where does unwnd is scum and pushing me and bullshit -> actually unwnd might not be scum at all come from? Just give me something.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3125, unwnd wrote:@Cakez

You were pretty much about 'Toog being scum' early on and now you're at them being null and even some posts that read like you think they're town? Why? What changed
With Toog - they are just trying so little that it almost feels too scummy to be scum, you know? And I have this instinct that scum is in the higher-activity players and they want to use Toog as a freelim when we can gain a lot more information by flipping someone who's active and controversial. Where does a Toog flip leave us regardless of alignment? Nowhere really.
And my other stronger scumreads all have Toog as someone they'd like to elim and it just feels wrong - someone else agreed with me on this I forget who.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:30 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 3145, SirCakez wrote:

With Toog - they are just trying so little that it almost feels too scummy to be scum, you know? A
nd I have this instinct that scum is in the higher-activity players and they want to use Toog as a freelim when we can gain a lot more information by flipping someone who's active and controversial.
Where does a Toog flip leave us regardless of alignment? Nowhere really.
And my other stronger scumreads all have Toog as someone they'd like to elim and it just feels wrong - someone else agreed with me on this I forget who.
Yet your main scumread in Dunn who isn't active at all. Who fits there?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3144, unwnd wrote:
In post 3141, SirCakez wrote:
I mean.

Meta kinda is a wash. I don't like leaning on it. I think I've made more meta mistakes and getting all heady about 'this must be right' reads cause experience says so. I'm not that full of myself and I would like to treat you like as you are in this game. It just so happens that I have a ton of experience with you so it's hard to ignore that.

Summation of my thoughts is that I feel people are townier than you and the person you've chosen to be
in this game
is a margin below what I've seen from you elsewhere. And that person in the game is exhibiting behavior that is reminiscent to scum for me. So like, yes I have experience and yes I am reading you as Cakez but at the same time Cakez can be scum and you're doing scum things.

I get it's a hard to undo some of your habits. Your habits are not intuitively scum rather it's how they are used. We're here having a discussion and like. Why are you backed off on me now? Where does unwnd is scum and pushing me and bullshit -> actually unwnd might not be scum at all come from? Just give me something.
I mean you can have that read it's fine. I can understand that logic where it feels like Peta is just approaching me in bad faith as evidenced by what I talked about after waking up.

I like that you're engaging me here honestly, it's refreshing. I don't see why you feel the need to do this as scum here when you could just avoid it and probably still push for the elim.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3146, unwnd wrote:
In post 3145, SirCakez wrote:

With Toog - they are just trying so little that it almost feels too scummy to be scum, you know? A
nd I have this instinct that scum is in the higher-activity players and they want to use Toog as a freelim when we can gain a lot more information by flipping someone who's active and controversial.
Where does a Toog flip leave us regardless of alignment? Nowhere really.
Yet your main scumread in Dunn who isn't active at all. Who fits there?
lmao can't even maintain a consistent thought line
free crypto
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:32 am

Post by Saber »

V/LA until the 18th

Apologies to the director of this magnificent production, but I must depart momentarily for a vacation. It's going to be cold and snowing so wish me luck.

I may check in every so often because the game is fun, but don't assume I'm caught up or have read anything.