DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 am

Post by DaTacoX »

Hi everybody!
In post 15, hops wrote:Jake The Wolfie: This is a long shot... but I think this slot leans either scum or power role because Jake is an SE so it doesn't make sense for Jake to just not be around and checking PM, especially with how active the person's post history seems to be.
Well... You're definitely not wrong about that being a long shot lol
I think your putting too much faith in SEs

VOTE: greeting
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 6, hops wrote:Oh, nice. I was afraid the game would begin while I was sleeping, but it turns out I get to be the quickest draw in the west.

Hi everyone. Have some not-so-random questions:

- If you're a newbie, how many games of Mafia and mafia-likes have you played prior to this?
- Either newbie or SE, How would you rate your experience level?
- How would you describe your playstyle as as Scum, or how you would anticipate yourself playing as scum if this was your first game?
- For people who has actually played scum before, by eyeballing or actually counting, how often would you say you win as scum? What do you think are the common elements in games where you win as scum?
- What's your timezone and what's your anticipated schedule for checking in on this game?

For me:
- I've played a couple forum mafia and much more party Mafia.
- I haven't played forum mafia since forever and I was basically a toddler back then with no coherent thoughts so it doesn't count. Party mafia is certainly different because I tend to just be messing around there and causing chaos rather than actually trying to win. So, basically this is my first real game of forum mafia and I'm armed with nothing but the wiki and reading other games.
- As scum, I was certainly passive. In forum mafia I remember relying on advice from my more experienced counterpart on what positions to take as scum during the day. In future forum mafia where I get scum I'd try to be more active in "scumhunting" though, because that sounds more fun than just sitting around hoping I don't get wagoned. Plus I notice Town tends to be less mad OOCly if it was scum who ruined their ELo rather than an honest town mistake.
- I'd say I win half the games I play as scum in party mafia, usually because my teammate is a good liar or town is dumb more than anything on my part, though. In forum mafia I get eliminated pretty quick usually due to my own idiocy or really bad luck so I'd say my scum winrate out of the small sample size is zero.
- I live in UTC+7 and I'd be checking in around 8AM and 5PM at the minimum each day. Don't expect me to be awake around 10PM-6AM. I'm a busy person, but my time management is better than most, so I expect to be one of the more active players. Unfortunately it seems to me that I'm unlikely to be awake at day start and day end.
I for my part think RV and RQ are equaly good or bad to start the game. So I play along with these questions.

I have played about 20 games of mafia. But most of them were prior to 2006 (I feel old now). Two were on this site actually, but under a different name (forgot my password). Both were two digit newbie games.
With all the changes since my old days (my first newbie game here had three pages) I would say I don't have that many experience. And as I didn't have a scum game in my "new era" yet, I don't know how my playstyle as scum is. In general I would describe my playstyle a bit more on the technical/mechanical side, as I am bad at reading people.
Right now I am in UTC+2 but that will soon change to UTC+1. I am more likely to post in my afternoons and evenings.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 15, hops wrote:Have some half-serious hot take reads before I get ready for bed.

Jake The Wolfie: This is a long shot... but I think this slot leans either scum or power role because Jake is an SE so it doesn't make sense for Jake to just not be around and checking PM, especially with how active the person's post history seems to be. My theory is that Jake's just not enthusiastic about getting a role with responsibilities. Or Jake's just busy IRL. But even if Jake is busy and is in the process of getting a replacement then I feel like that suggests Jake's role is something more involved than previously predicted by that person. Also, referring to people without using pronouns is hard.
Binatog13: Lean very, very, very slightly town based on my gut instinct.
Not_Mafia: Lean very, very, very slightly town because he has posted early. From what I've seen of NM's post history he loves to shitpost and mess around, so his early behavior here isn't abnormal. If he was scum, I feel his playstyle would be pretty bad for him though, so I'm keeping an eye on him to see if he makes any slips. Also, seems to be a bit overeager to teach as SE which makes me feel like he's genuinely pro-town.
MegAzumarill: Lean slightly scum based on my gut instinct.
DaTacoX: Hasn't posted yet.
Greeting: Hasn't posted yet.
catboi: Hasn't posted yet.
:( Why am I left out?

I don't think your read on JTW is a good one.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:08 am

Post by DaTacoX »

In post 6, hops wrote:Hi everyone. Have some not-so-random questions:

- If you're a newbie, how many games of Mafia and mafia-likes have you played prior to this?
- How would you describe your playstyle as as Scum, or how you would anticipate yourself playing as scum if this was your first game?
- For people who has actually played scum before, by eyeballing or actually counting, how often would you say you win as scum? What do you think are the common elements in games where you win as scum?
- What's your timezone and what's your anticipated schedule for checking in on this game?
This is my second game on the site. My previous experience comes from mostly irl scenarios and a few video games.

I'd rate myself at the rookie tier, same as Binatog.

In most of my irl games, I would always struggle as both sides to come up with something meaningful to say. I feel like my comments as town are incriminating myself and that my statements as mafia are obviously false. I fall into the trap of not talking a lot.

I'll give myself a generous 40% win rate. Half of my wins are probably simply because nobody could read me because I was being silent as always. I'm trying to break that habit.

My timezone is EST
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:10 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 23, Greeting wrote:
Greetings!

Prepare to be spammed with popculture gifs!

VOTE: kennyk

That's not a random vote. It is a revenge from a different game. Maybe I should switch my vote to you. Probability says I have to catch scum if I vote you every game :mrgreen:

Btw. this is the real spam popculture:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 29, kennyk wrote:
In post 23, Greeting wrote:
Greetings!

Prepare to be spammed with popculture gifs!

VOTE: kennyk

That's not a random vote. It is a revenge from a different game. Maybe I should switch my vote to you. Probability says I have to catch scum if I vote you every game :mrgreen:

Btw. this is the real spam popculture:
Vote me out, see what happens!

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 6, hops wrote: - If you're a newbie, how many games of Mafia and mafia-likes have you played prior to this?
1) Quite many, around 20. This is my second game on this site.
2) Moderately experienced. There are games which I absolutely nailed and there are games in which I absolutely failed.
3) I'm definitely more careful about what I say or how often do I post when I'm scum. Normally I just like to sort of float around, playing at my own pace.
4) I think I've only lost once a game being scum. When it comes to being town it's honestly probably 50/50. When it comes to the third question, I haven't really analysed those games, as a matter of fact, I don't really do it at all. And the site I've played mafia on the most is no longer, so I never will.
5) CET, I will definitely be checking in in the late afternoon/evening period, when it comes to other parts of the day it hugely depends on any of the following: business, tiredness, mood. I do not, however, ghost games, I have never done it before and I never consciously will. I have also been a host to mafia games and I know how much of a problem that can be.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Greeting »

I hate that cow with a passion. :lol: The Miltank is cool though!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:38 am

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.01

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-23 07:35:00).

VC
Not_Mafia [3]:
Not_Mafia, hops, Binatog13
Greeting [2]:
MegAzumarill, DaTacoX
kennyk [1]:
Greeting
Jake The Wolfie [1]:
kennyk
Not Voting [2]:
Jake The Wolfie, catboi

Mod Notes
  • I accidentally did not send Jake his role PM because I sent it to JakeTheWolfie instead of Jake The Wolfie. It's been corrected. My bad.
Last edited by midwaybear on Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

This is indeed a random Policy vote.
you're gonna
Die, scum!
but luckily I have an escape plan!
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by hops »

welp, there goes that theory.
In post 27, kennyk wrote: :( Why am I left out?
i have no idea where i copied the names from that i ended up with only 7.

also I wanna point out that NM is now E-1?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Don't worry, the less Not_Mafia ruins our town, the better :wink:
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:44 pm

Also, if you really were worried that someone might hammer NM, you would unvote.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No Preference

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Page two hammer is tempting
Imperfection is the spice of life.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:48 pm

I want to hear what the male feline wishes to say.

We have more in common than Not_Mafia and a common jester in the 14th century.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: jake
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Thank you for your insight
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

In post 36, hops wrote:welp, there goes that theory.
What theory are you referring to?
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by hops »

I'm torn between avoiding miselim and getting rid of NM in the off chance that he is scum, because based on what I've read of his post history he'd be a gigantic pain to scumread.

@DTX: That Jake replaced out due to the slot being scum. But Jake didn't replace out and it was just a mod mistake.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

Ok then.
I thought you were referring to something having to do with kennyK
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 44, hops wrote:I'm torn between avoiding miselim and getting rid of NM in the off chance that he is scum, because based on what I've read of his post history he'd be a gigantic pain to scumread.

@DTX: That Jake replaced out due to the slot being scum. But Jake didn't replace out and it was just a mod mistake.
I don't have much success reading him, but allowing an elimination to go through on page 2 is antitown. Jake and Meg musing on making it happen is both poor form and slightly suspect.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

I don't mean to be rude, but is Not_Mafia notoriously awful to have on the town or just really good at scum?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by catboi »

He doesn't say much so he's difficult to read. Prone to trolling for his entertainment, but in newbie games he plays seriously even if he doesn't explain himself. I've been in a couple with him, was town both times.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

Alrighty, I apologize if that sounded a bit harsh Not_Mafia.