Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 am

Post by Binatog13 »

*edit: I put my statement between the quotes, I was to say that I will be less active.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 39, MegAzumarill wrote:Page two hammer is tempting
I hope this is a joke. Otherwise, how is page 2 hammer so tempting? This doesn't give info at all and gives Mafia an advantage.
In post 113, MegAzumarill wrote:Greeting, do you think you should be townread right now?
Why or why not?
I think this is a scumlean hunting for PRs, but idk for now. Asking someone to be townread early in the game is suspicious for me.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No Preference

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:36 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Greeting - I'm not really sold on people thinking he's scumlean, if anyone actually thought so. Seems to me that he was placed on E-1 just to elicit a reaction, which had happened.
While this is true, the problem I have with Greeting is also that I think their reaction was scummy as well.
Imperfection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:39 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 126, Binatog13 wrote:
In post 39, MegAzumarill wrote:Page two hammer is tempting
I hope this is a joke. Otherwise, how is page 2 hammer so tempting? This doesn't give info at all and gives Mafia an advantage.
Obvious joke is obvious
In post 113, MegAzumarill wrote:Greeting, do you think you should be townread right now?
Why or why not?
I think this is a scumlean hunting for PRs, but idk for now. Asking someone to be townread early in the game is suspicious for me.
If I was scum how does this help me find a PR
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:04 am

Post by hops »

I don't know if we should linger on the N_M wagon. I sense that people were seriously considering limming N_M, but I honestly feel like that's par for the course. Also, while I get that SEs aren't necessarily stronger players than newbies, I was hoping there would be more input from them just by virtue of them actually having more perspective on Mafiascum's meta and having a more stable playstyle that would be easier to scumread on.
In post 123, kennyk wrote:But if I read your list correctly, you have Binatog13 in the neutral department and there are others in your "I don't know what to think about them at all-department" but you still vote the neutral one. I can understand that you would like to get more info from him. But why no vote on someone you have absolutely no feeling about? (Yes, I know this would include me)
I don't feel like me voting on my own will have as much weight compared to me as part of a wagon. I wanted for there to be a real risk of a lim, but honestly at this point I'm getting the feeling a quicklynch just won't happen now that everybody's looking for it.
Binatog13 wrote:*edit: I put my statement between the quotes, I was to say that I will be less active.
While being busy IRL is neither a scumtell nor towntell, that makes Binatog13 more dangerous just because there will be less information on him. But I would rather have no lim today than a significant risk of miselim. Hmm...
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Why or why not?
I don't care if some people find me scummy. If anything, it actually gives me a little bit of security. Crystal clear townies are great danger of being killed off every night as keeping them alive shrinks the pool of suspects for town and gives town a higher chance of hitting a scum.

However, I would rather not get voted out so soon in the game, as there is a high chance that my death would be in vain. I'd like to actually contribute to town's win. If by, let's say, Day Three the rest of town for some reason decides to let me go, and my death will help narrow them down the list of suspects then go ahead.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Greeting »

Why or why not?
I can agree that asking such a question Day One is... odd to say the least.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Greeting »

Okay, catboi seems to be somewhat more investigative.

Inb4 the scumteam are MegAzumarill and Jake The Wolfie

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:15 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 131, Greeting wrote:
Why or why not?

Its a weird attitude for you to have.
Your posts come off like you expect to be townreads at a base. If you want to be townread start acting townie.

If you think I am scum give a case. You aren't following through with anything.

You refer to me as less investigative, but you still haven't answered my question to you.
What do you expect the SE's to be doing in this game that they are/were not?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 133, MegAzumarill wrote:
Why or why not?

Your posts come off like you expect to be townreads at a base. If you want to be townread start acting townie.

You refer to me as less investigative, but you still haven't answered my question to you.
If you are scum, then there’s virtually no point in me convincing you about anything. Unless you’re just going to think „damn, he’s good” and give up Day One, which I don’t really think has any chance of happening in any game.

hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:07 am

Post by hops »

Then give town a case. It's a good avenue to go down as any. I did suspect either Meg or N_M by process of elimination of other town-leaning SEs and a hunch that at least one person on the scumteam is an SE. The hunch is because I feel like with two newbies scumteam we'd see some more conclusive scumtells by now, even this early in the game.

I'm not sure if Meg's townhunting is necessarily scumlean though, since it's not like him townlocking someone will expose a power role. If anything it feels like him genuinely trying to narrow down the lynch pool.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 134, Greeting wrote:
Why or why not?

If you are scum, then there’s virtually no point in me convincing you about anything. Unless you’re just going to think „damn, he’s good” and give up Day One, which I don’t really think has any chance of happening in any game.

Share with the class anyway.
At this point you have given no reason for me to believe your reads are genuine.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:12 am

Post by DaTacoX »

In post 134, Greeting wrote:If you are scum, then there’s virtually no point in me convincing you about anything. Unless you’re just going to think „damn, he’s good” and give up Day One, which I don’t really think has any chance of happening in any game.
You're not in a 1v1 conversation here.
If you actually believe Meg is scummy, then tell everyone why. You're not trying to convince Meg, you are trying to convince us.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am

Post by DaTacoX »

Also, there has been a lot of question dodging this game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Town shouldn't be ignoring people's questions. It makes themselves look bad and the questioner good.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 138, DaTacoX wrote:Also, there has been a lot of question dodging this game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Town shouldn't be ignoring people's questions. It makes themselves look bad and the questioner good.
Pick and choose your battles carefully, dear Taco, or else you might end up like me.

Not every question that is asked is worth answering. Personally, I think that Mega asking Greeting if they should be townread didn't need an answer, other than to point out their lack of care.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:11 am

Post by DaTacoX »

You're right that questions that go nowhere or are clearly phrased as traps should probably be avoided, but I don't see the problem in this scenario.
Greeting comes off to me as ignoring Meg because they might be scummy.
Even with a trick question, just straight up ignoring it doesn't usually look good.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 am

Post by DaTacoX »

But yeah,
I didn't really look into the nature of the question. We're making some progress, but haven't really gone anywhere yet.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 am

Post by DaTacoX »

I guess my main point is that we're starving for info, and some of the few questions being asked are getting ignored.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 136, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 134, Greeting wrote:
Why or why not?

Share with the class anyway.
At this point you have given no reason for me to believe your reads are genuine.
That’s not true. I have given a reason. I may have not yet made it into a full case, but to say that my vote came out of nowhere is a lie.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Your reason doesn't make sense though.

Of all the SEs Id say I am providing the most or second most content.
Unless you think the content I am providing is scummy, in which case you have not given a reason for it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 144, MegAzumarill wrote:Your reason doesn't make sense though.

Of all the SEs Id say I am providing the most or second most content.
Unless you think the content I am providing is scummy, in which case you have not given a reason for it.
At the time of my readslist you were not. Although you did start to somewhat contribute to the game by grilling me, you did not fully justify your suspicions of me either. You just said that my posts were lame. I say this should work both ways.

Then there is Jake The Wolfie who did literally nothing. I can also jump on that wagon and right now I’m considering whether I should do it.

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

LAMIST - "look at me I'm so town"

Refers to a player pointing out how townie they are, or drawing attention to townie actions they take unprompted.
Generally considered a scumtell. Hence the push from you essentially saying hey I don't like this wagon obviosuly started for no reason.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:10 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 129, hops wrote:I don't know if we should linger on the N_M wagon. I sense that people were seriously considering limming N_M, but I honestly feel like that's par for the course. Also, while I get that SEs aren't necessarily stronger players than newbies, I was hoping there would be more input from them just by virtue of them actually having more perspective on Mafiascum's meta and having a more stable playstyle that would be easier to scumread on.
In post 123, kennyk wrote:But if I read your list correctly, you have Binatog13 in the neutral department and there are others in your "I don't know what to think about them at all-department" but you still vote the neutral one. I can understand that you would like to get more info from him. But why no vote on someone you have absolutely no feeling about? (Yes, I know this would include me)
I don't feel like me voting on my own will have as much weight compared to me as part of a wagon. I wanted for there to be a real risk of a lim, but honestly at this point I'm getting the feeling a quicklynch just won't happen now that everybody's looking for it.
Binatog13 wrote:*edit: I put my statement between the quotes, I was to say that I will be less active.
While being busy IRL is neither a scumtell nor towntell, that makes Binatog13 more dangerous just because there will be less information on him. But I would rather have no lim today than a significant risk of miselim. Hmm...
First a good advidse: Don't use the l-word. It was used for years on this site but with it's background shouldn't be used anymore.

Iguess I now know why you voted the way you did. Thanks for the answer.

In general I cold live with a d1 no-elim. But there is always some info to get even from a d1 miselim. Like who defended and who voted the lim. Yes, a miselim on a vanilla townie is bad, but nothing to be too afraid of. Accidently limming a Power role would be something completely different though.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

We never no elim.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
MegAzumarill
No Preference
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:14 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

We can if a jailkeeper or something blocks a kill. MAYBE but on odd numbers we should never no elim