Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:39 am

Post by petapan »

anyway i think in all likelihood if there's scum split between the rooms they likely knew it was going to be incredibly hard to find a target in the blue room that people would support and that likely goes a way toward explaining the discordance of the pink room. theories about its purity are unmoored from reality, especially if toogeloo is town, because there's usually someone avoiding the wagon
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh I forgot to post this last night cause I packed up my stuff in the middle of typing it out.

Skitter's reasoning for pink not having 2+ scum is terribad. If there are 2 scum, why would they want to appear aligned to push something through when they could just let it be and town in our hood is unlikely to guess the exact 1/8 person. And if that person IS picked, they could still work together if needed to avoid that. I mean look at the vote count, I thought it was ydrasse and that could have easily been avoided if true by any scum even if taly hadn't unvoted unless scum are already both on someone (which then contradicts the logic that they weren't consolidating with each other)

If there were THREE scum in pink, then this could actually completely explain the discord. There's literally no need to push anything from the scum in pink's POV. Every possible selection is town. If each scum pushes a different mislim then they can all claim that they were right then and that that person should be limmed now. They don't look like they were opportunistically piling onto a townie. Etc. etc. They can even set up false associatives by disagreeing with random player in blue's nomination.

Tldr; skitter logic about number of scum in pink is wrong, and I think the state of the hood is more likely to indicate multiple scum than not.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Start the Vote
I’m just stewing and festering in aimless rage rn so let’s just start the damn vote
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:13 am

Post by petapan »

i am antsy and want to move on but i want people to commit on the record to how they're voting before we vote to start
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Wow that was a big post for from my phone
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Infinity Towncase
  • She feels off her game here unfortunately, but in a way that I can probably reconcile as being town based in it happening before, in the True Love game we played a long way back.
  • post feels more like scum knee-jerk reacting to a townie based on the "I TMI'd, where???" type vibe the post gives. is a clear indication Dunn thought infinity meant Dunn was TMI’ing in this game.
  • Attempts to work through ulyana's early theory talk seem untainted by scum info
  • initial interactions with prism were to kinda play devil's advocate, this alongside other progression points on that slot (namely going back and realizing she felt gypyx was sus after she'd looked at her idea that Prism wouldn’t have off meta on me with her townread on me in mind) feel indicative of infinity having real thoughts on the slot
  • progression on me is she starts out thinking I'm in my townrange for wild thought processes, later realizes some of my content is stuff I could be faking as scum, and spends some time distrusting me until flipping her read back around like late-D1. That seems pretty reasonable for town!infinity, she probably doesn’t need to flip her read like she did as early as she did.
  • The exact logic for the read flip I was able to parse out was that she liked that I wasn't just trying to keep the same tactic up and get away with it, which makes sense, as I feel like that's a common behavior for scum!me when under pressure is to just push the same bullshit, and the particular way I went about trying to dig out of my hole sideways (as opposed to digging straight down) is one I think is just generally towny.
  • Has some pretty based takes that feel like she's not being manipulative (seeing ydra's town streak post as a joke, trying to correct me on my misinterpretation of cephrir's actions towards me)
  • The flip to SRing gypyx does actually seem like there was some prelude in that infinity thought gypyx was maybe meta-manipulating, which would justify going back on the prism read a bit more.
  • The "too many TRs" thing is something I can pretty much assure is a town!infinity thing at the very least. My exp with scum!finity is kinda limited though
  • Infinity's point about dunn TMI-ing actually really clicks because I'd also felt Dunn said some eerily accurate stuff about the setup this game, so that makes the Dunn reaction even more of an anti-partner tell imo. Dunnstral just kinda misdirected the topic of conversation, otherwise infinity might have locked into pushing him harder.
  • This only dawned on me when I posted about it before, but Infinity just dropping the idea of Dunn TMI would have been putting Dunn’s game at risk for little to no reason IMO. It’s my belief that Dunn was bleeding some level of scum knowledge about events. While Infinity was talking about something else, that post initially bringing up TMI was incredibly vague as to what the TMI was about. Someone with the right mindset and perspective seeing that would have locked on to that and immediately called for Dunn’s head. That’s basically giving someone else a free ticket to be obvtown, so why would scum!finity do that? The ONLY agenda I can comprehend that isn’t mired in WIFOM is there was an agreement to cut Dunn loose because he was bleeding to much info, in which case,
    why didn’t Infinity go in for the kill?

• definitely makes sense as a town response given what's happened since then, and considering their history.
  • Infinity's bad pathing on reads this game can be partly explained by the phrase "distracted by the scummy", where she's focusing on actions that look bad in the moment while not entirely keying into what the actions entire mean/what scum motivation they serve. This is exemplified in 2349 where she calls out toog/dunn/saber/unwnd as weaker TRs she's skeptical of, and out of those she ends up putting Saber/unwnd in her lowest tier later on when she should have probably put toog/dunn there. This also kinda resembles how she played in the True Love game I've referenced.
  • is a valid point, though I also kinda get what gypyx was presenting in what Infinity was responding to
  • the way of heeding the words of those she trusts in is a towntell I think
  • the whole progression of -> -> seems good
  • response to ulyana's suspicion regarding the switch in secondary wagon didn't feel defensive
  • I like the consistency in believing in Prism's read rate on me, though Prism's meta impression of me was totally off (she thought my scumplay hadn't developed over 5 years of playing, when it very much had, and infinity can attest to that because one of the games I floundered as scum in was one all 3 of us were in, and since then I've broken out of the box that my play was stuck in, as infinity kinda saw in haunted village I believe) so there's absolutely room for her to have been wrong as town!
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Gamma I'm not reading that because even if I ended up agreeing I would want peta alive more
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I figured as much

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3590, Toogeloo wrote:Skitter and Taly both saw through the bullshit to show how I am town early in the hood which is why I stayed I was going to sheep their votes (and even mentioned that I was biased for it). I did more reading of the main game thread during the hood deliberation than I had all game.

My analysis was based on Dunn's name dropping tendencies, which I felt Dunn is the type of scum player who actively ignores his buddies if he can. What I drew from his iso is how he never once mentions Saber ever, not even in a quote, and peta and Ydrasse only get a couple mentions at all. I figured there was some possibility of scum in one of those. Polling the hood, 5 out of 6 of the members had peta in their bottom 2 or 3 from the Blue team, so I spent considerable effort trying to get Pink to consolidate there in the event a case for someone better was never made.

Pink chat was just so anti-teamwork.
you say all of this yet… i was trying to get a vote together on saber, infinity was voting saber, and you were absent for the rest of the pt and that is why saber was not nominated -

it is frustrating for me to see multiple people saying well i wanted
this
or i was trying to do
this
when they could have accomplished what they are saying they wanted but didnt
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

After this hellish event is over I say we put Toog through a wood chipper (luv ya Toog)

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3608, ulyana wrote:
In post 3590, Toogeloo wrote:Skitter and Taly both saw through the bullshit to show how I am town early in the hood which is why I stayed I was going to sheep their votes (and even mentioned that I was biased for it). I did more reading of the main game thread during the hood deliberation than I had all game.

My analysis was based on Dunn's name dropping tendencies, which I felt Dunn is the type of scum player who actively ignores his buddies if he can. What I drew from his iso is how he never once mentions Saber ever, not even in a quote, and peta and Ydrasse only get a couple mentions at all. I figured there was some possibility of scum in one of those. Polling the hood, 5 out of 6 of the members had peta in their bottom 2 or 3 from the Blue team, so I spent considerable effort trying to get Pink to consolidate there in the event a case for someone better was never made.

Pink chat was just so anti-teamwork.
you say all of this yet… i was trying to get a vote together on saber, infinity was voting saber, and you were absent for the rest of the pt and that is why saber was not nominated -

it is frustrating for me to see multiple people saying well i wanted
this
or i was trying to do
this
when they could have accomplished what they are saying they wanted but didnt
it’s probably also noteworthy how you keep framing being the deciding vote on a two vote wagon as ‘everyone except ulyana wanted this’
j'aurai disparu
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:11 am

Post by petapan »

for what it's worth, i am treating this as though there is a chance i die here even if the votes on paper work out in my favor, either from sabotage shit or people just flat-out lying about their votes. so i want to get some reads out in the event of that happening.

Gamma Emerald
Gammagooey
SirCakez

don't touch these people, ever. i am incredibly confident they are town based on solving, response to pressure, how they were treated by dunn, etcetc. it's just not worth entertaining the idea of any of them as scum at this point.

Dwlee99

think very likely town for going after dunn consistently and not playing to look presentable

ulyana

gut feel but something of her responses to me this phase removed the doubt i had. just seemed deadset on wanting to convince me she is town. think by comparison to her scum games she's more pointed in her posting and significantly more active. this is a softer read than the other ones so i wouldn't say never re-eval but. should not be an immediate concern

skitter30
Gypyx
Ydrasse
Taly
Toogeloo

this is the murk. i wouldn't put a high level of confidence on anyone here flipping scum but would think at least one probably is. i still think skitter mostly looks good from interactions with dunnstral, and her play has seemed town to me through the game even though we clearly are wildly diverging in our view of the game now. maybe i'm overconfident in reading her after recent exposure to her scum game but i don't think this is it. everyone after that is the ones with the weakest reasons to clear. a lot of gypyx's posts have been suuuuuper awkward but that doesn't mean scum for him necessarily, from what i can tell he's still trying to figure things out and isn't playing toward an obvious agenda

Infinity 324

unwnd had a post in the PT about her posting seeming to be "struggling with TMI" and i feel like that's a good assessment of her iso. has mostly felt flat and the scumcases she's advanced have seemed so halfhearted. defense of gamma was also very...tepid. i just came away liking what she said a lot less on reread than i had thought in the moment. i wouldn't say i'm super confident she's scum but would flip her pretty much every time here, protests of gamma emerald be damned

Saber

Kill on sight. should absolutely not survive another phase. Just completely flatlined in the PT for no identifiable reason and at this point posting has been limited in focus and mostly geared toward pushing whatever the popular target was, looked reasonable to a point,

i don't think my reads are anything special, and in fact probably aren't very good, but i feel strongly about the top/bottom parts and want to leave some form of direction here in the event i do die. flip the ones on the very bottom and evaluate from there
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 am

Post by petapan »

that list was written before ulyana's most recent posts but i feel even better about having her up there now
free crypto
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

"Split Judgement, Act Two"

Decision 4.1.3
Suspect Blue:
petapan

Suspect Pink:
Infinity 324

Team Blue Members:
petapan, Ydrasse, Saber, SirCakez, Gypyx, Gammagooey, Gamma Emerald

Team Pink Members:
ulyana, skitter30, Infinity 324, Toogeloo, Dwlee99, Taly

Start the Vote [2]:
Dwlee99, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting [11]:
petapan, ulyana, Ydrasse, Saber, SirCakez, skitter30, Gypyx, Infinity 324, Toogeloo, Gammagooey, Taly

The voting will begin once a majority of 7 vote to start, or in:
[/b]
(expired on 2021-10-25 15:22:24)
[/mech]

Now playing..

NEW DANGANRONPA V3 OST - SCRUM

                         
▶ ❚❚ ───────────────────●─────────── 2:51 / 4:57
                      
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

also hmmm toog now that i think about it, why are you all about making compromises all of a sudden ? I thought you were more on the side of not taking the game seriously
bottom text
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I killed a scum, I got energized. Plus, I kinda felt like I had to participate since it was just 6 of us.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Gypyx »

fair, i like that response
bottom text
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3609, Gamma Emerald wrote:After this hellish event is over I say we put Toog through a wood chipper (luv ya Toog)
Been there once already. Bring it on.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3615, Toogeloo wrote:I killed a scum, I got energized. Plus, I kinda felt like I had to participate since it was just 6 of us.
Pink room, does this statement track?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3618, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3615, Toogeloo wrote:I killed a scum, I got energized. Plus, I kinda felt like I had to participate since it was just 6 of us.
Pink room, does this statement track?
believable on the surface but i don't super buy it

i'm mostly biased by the fact that i'm now convinced that toog is scum based on mech and when your dayplay reads don't make sense you should just probably look at mech

also i've accepted that i'm probably going to die here and that's ok because peta is being super towny as well

if anyone wants my thoughts on something specific ask
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd be more okay with you dying if it felt like anyone cared about my perspective

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3419, ulyana wrote:
In post 3416, SirCakez wrote:I'm just going back to how Infinity has been a literal wet napkin all game and also has not good associations with Dunn
Ulyana is someone who is now on the table for me too based on bad Dunn associatives
???

you mean dunn just commenting on my posts so that you could say this right now?
I don't understand what you're saying here
y'all had basically no read on each other and you seemed to avoid talking about him as he did with you
In post 3429, petapan wrote:
In post 3421, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3412, ulyana wrote:but... why wouldn't scum!dunn just shoot town!toogeloo? instead of 50/50? and after toogeloo made it clear was going to spin barrel if town why wouldn't scum!dunn spin the barrel instead of scum claiming?
well i dunno, maybe the bullet was later down the barrel and toog spinning made things go unpredicatble (actually that's a really likely theory)

or he wanted toog to go first after spinning the barrel, cuz it has better mathematical odds if i recall my calculations correctly
it doesn't, optimal play from a fresh spin is 50/50 although there's a chance someone could misplay and hand the other player an advantage, which is the only reason i can think for him spinning immediately after toog

personally i think in that scenario if i have a teammate with a gun and a townie in the other spot i have them openwolf and just shoot the opponent with the first chambered shot because it still means town wastes a phase eliminating them
good point
definitely might just be SvS
In post 3523, Taly wrote:
In post 3522, Ydrasse wrote:i’m going to ate you until you regret that choice more than any within your life.......
But this is why I thought you were scum!

My assumption going into the PT was that
Toog
was town because I didn't trust that his wagon was heavily town led or influenced because it deflated
unwnd's
wagon and ignored my push for a
Cakez/Dunn
duel.

Based on my read progressions, I figured
unwnd
slot was town and
Cakez
slot was likely a
Dunn
partner.

And then proceeded to disagree with
Infinity/Skitter
over this take and the following ones from this idea throughout most of the PT time.

I felt that your aggression the
unwnd
1v1 was genuine but I couldn't help but think it was angled for your survival.
You think Dunn's target when he's going down is...his vulnerable scum partner? What?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez! Newly updated!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

atm I have no interest in limming (Gamma Emerald, Peta, Gammagooey/unwnd, Dwlee, skitter)

VOTE: hold obv

having two Gammas is gonna be annoying
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

urgh I probably wouldn't elim Ydra and Saber either
definitely have some deepwolves in my pool..
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

hmph Peta made a point that Saber deflated in the PT and post-PTs
a good point
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------