Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I honestly forget what Dwlee did that made him town atp
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by ulyana »

them

one of my favourite people here doesn't play anymore because of this shit and like yeah c'mon
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

IM SORRY!!!
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I had good associatives with dunn or something like that

Also I pocketed taly
I prefer they, thanks :)
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3633, Ydrasse wrote:sircakez/peta/toog
In post 3636, Ydrasse wrote:my mind said so

i don’t think it’s the solve but something whispered it to me
that would be such willful levels of gamethrowing from me that i'd have to blacklist myself

but having a ridiculous team guess pop into your head can be a towny post sure whatever
In post 3642, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so very recently
Can I point out that aside from infinity herself, no one has said they’re voting peta? I’m also the only one who’s voted to abstain. And we’re worried about scum manipulation of the ballot
how exactly
?
gamma, i want it on the record because 1. scum can
lie
about who they're voting, but i want people to commit, rather than acting fencesitty and potentially making excuses afterwards 2. there's still probably a potential sabotage in play

because realistically in a regular game with regular mechanics i do not ever go over here but this is probably the best opportunity scum will have to kill me, so i have to be paranoid about it and assume there is a realistic chance i die here and get out everything i can in the event that happens
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by petapan »

hadn't heard this one, good tune
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3605, Gamma Emerald wrote:Infinity Towncase
  • She feels off her game here unfortunately, but in a way that I can probably reconcile as being town based in it happening before, in the True Love game we played a long way back.
  • post feels more like scum knee-jerk reacting to a townie based on the "I TMI'd, where???" type vibe the post gives. is a clear indication Dunn thought infinity meant Dunn was TMI’ing in this game.
  • Attempts to work through ulyana's early theory talk seem untainted by scum info
  • initial interactions with prism were to kinda play devil's advocate, this alongside other progression points on that slot (namely going back and realizing she felt gypyx was sus after she'd looked at her idea that Prism wouldn’t have off meta on me with her townread on me in mind) feel indicative of infinity having real thoughts on the slot
  • progression on me is she starts out thinking I'm in my townrange for wild thought processes, later realizes some of my content is stuff I could be faking as scum, and spends some time distrusting me until flipping her read back around like late-D1. That seems pretty reasonable for town!infinity, she probably doesn’t need to flip her read like she did as early as she did.
  • The exact logic for the read flip I was able to parse out was that she liked that I wasn't just trying to keep the same tactic up and get away with it, which makes sense, as I feel like that's a common behavior for scum!me when under pressure is to just push the same bullshit, and the particular way I went about trying to dig out of my hole sideways (as opposed to digging straight down) is one I think is just generally towny.
  • Has some pretty based takes that feel like she's not being manipulative (seeing ydra's town streak post as a joke, trying to correct me on my misinterpretation of cephrir's actions towards me)
  • The flip to SRing gypyx does actually seem like there was some prelude in that infinity thought gypyx was maybe meta-manipulating, which would justify going back on the prism read a bit more.
  • The "too many TRs" thing is something I can pretty much assure is a town!infinity thing at the very least. My exp with scum!finity is kinda limited though
  • Infinity's point about dunn TMI-ing actually really clicks because I'd also felt Dunn said some eerily accurate stuff about the setup this game, so that makes the Dunn reaction even more of an anti-partner tell imo. Dunnstral just kinda misdirected the topic of conversation, otherwise infinity might have locked into pushing him harder.
  • This only dawned on me when I posted about it before, but Infinity just dropping the idea of Dunn TMI would have been putting Dunn’s game at risk for little to no reason IMO. It’s my belief that Dunn was bleeding some level of scum knowledge about events. While Infinity was talking about something else, that post initially bringing up TMI was incredibly vague as to what the TMI was about. Someone with the right mindset and perspective seeing that would have locked on to that and immediately called for Dunn’s head. That’s basically giving someone else a free ticket to be obvtown, so why would scum!finity do that? The ONLY agenda I can comprehend that isn’t mired in WIFOM is there was an agreement to cut Dunn loose because he was bleeding to much info, in which case,
    why didn’t Infinity go in for the kill?

• definitely makes sense as a town response given what's happened since then, and considering their history.
  • Infinity's bad pathing on reads this game can be partly explained by the phrase "distracted by the scummy", where she's focusing on actions that look bad in the moment while not entirely keying into what the actions entire mean/what scum motivation they serve. This is exemplified in 2349 where she calls out toog/dunn/saber/unwnd as weaker TRs she's skeptical of, and out of those she ends up putting Saber/unwnd in her lowest tier later on when she should have probably put toog/dunn there. This also kinda resembles how she played in the True Love game I've referenced.
  • is a valid point, though I also kinda get what gypyx was presenting in what Infinity was responding to
  • the way of heeding the words of those she trusts in is a towntell I think
  • the whole progression of -> -> seems good
  • response to ulyana's suspicion regarding the switch in secondary wagon didn't feel defensive
  • I like the consistency in believing in Prism's read rate on me, though Prism's meta impression of me was totally off (she thought my scumplay hadn't developed over 5 years of playing, when it very much had, and infinity can attest to that because one of the games I floundered as scum in was one all 3 of us were in, and since then I've broken out of the box that my play was stuck in, as infinity kinda saw in haunted village I believe) so there's absolutely room for her to have been wrong as town!
So I guess I spent like 4 hours on this for nothing, huh?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Saber »

@mod: How much would I have to paraphrase a post from the Blue room?

I think Infinity is a stagehand and her interactions and read progression on Dunn is super sus, would like to post the case here without having to rewrite the whole thing.
In post 3398, petapan wrote:cakez gamma emerald and unwnd burst into that PT with the energy town gets following a red flip

saber fucking faceplanted and should absolutely not be getting townread anymore, would easily be my top choice for a punt from blue room
I was on holiday and you were aware, this wasn't exactly my top priority.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 am

Post by Saber »

In post 3449, Toogeloo wrote:Personally, I think Scum put the bullet in chamber 3 hoping I wouldn't Spin it right away. Putting the bullet in slot one makes Dunn look worse (I flip town here, scum knows that). Dunn has to make an excuse as to why he doesn't want to spin the Barrel hoping I don't spin the second I get it.
Why did you say you thought you were both contestants when he asked you for your read on him?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3657, Infinity 324 wrote:i think it's more likely that they're scum together and were trying to look uncoordinated than that toog is town and dunn wrote out that whole post to try to look town instead of just shooting toog and staying alive

gypyx, thoughts?
hi yes

trying to look uncoordinated is defintely a possibility, but i don't think it's a super common page of the scum playbook (feel free to call me stupid if i'm wrong)

but like, once again, maybe his plan was actually to "just shoot toog" for all we know, toog was the first one to spin the bareel there, so it's not like dunn showed any will to not kill toog from what we can tell
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3681, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3605, Gamma Emerald wrote:Infinity Towncase
  • She feels off her game here unfortunately, but in a way that I can probably reconcile as being town based in it happening before, in the True Love game we played a long way back.
  • post feels more like scum knee-jerk reacting to a townie based on the "I TMI'd, where???" type vibe the post gives. is a clear indication Dunn thought infinity meant Dunn was TMI’ing in this game.
  • Attempts to work through ulyana's early theory talk seem untainted by scum info
  • initial interactions with prism were to kinda play devil's advocate, this alongside other progression points on that slot (namely going back and realizing she felt gypyx was sus after she'd looked at her idea that Prism wouldn’t have off meta on me with her townread on me in mind) feel indicative of infinity having real thoughts on the slot
  • progression on me is she starts out thinking I'm in my townrange for wild thought processes, later realizes some of my content is stuff I could be faking as scum, and spends some time distrusting me until flipping her read back around like late-D1. That seems pretty reasonable for town!infinity, she probably doesn’t need to flip her read like she did as early as she did.
  • The exact logic for the read flip I was able to parse out was that she liked that I wasn't just trying to keep the same tactic up and get away with it, which makes sense, as I feel like that's a common behavior for scum!me when under pressure is to just push the same bullshit, and the particular way I went about trying to dig out of my hole sideways (as opposed to digging straight down) is one I think is just generally towny.
  • Has some pretty based takes that feel like she's not being manipulative (seeing ydra's town streak post as a joke, trying to correct me on my misinterpretation of cephrir's actions towards me)
  • The flip to SRing gypyx does actually seem like there was some prelude in that infinity thought gypyx was maybe meta-manipulating, which would justify going back on the prism read a bit more.
  • The "too many TRs" thing is something I can pretty much assure is a town!infinity thing at the very least. My exp with scum!finity is kinda limited though
  • Infinity's point about dunn TMI-ing actually really clicks because I'd also felt Dunn said some eerily accurate stuff about the setup this game, so that makes the Dunn reaction even more of an anti-partner tell imo. Dunnstral just kinda misdirected the topic of conversation, otherwise infinity might have locked into pushing him harder.
  • This only dawned on me when I posted about it before, but Infinity just dropping the idea of Dunn TMI would have been putting Dunn’s game at risk for little to no reason IMO. It’s my belief that Dunn was bleeding some level of scum knowledge about events. While Infinity was talking about something else, that post initially bringing up TMI was incredibly vague as to what the TMI was about. Someone with the right mindset and perspective seeing that would have locked on to that and immediately called for Dunn’s head. That’s basically giving someone else a free ticket to be obvtown, so why would scum!finity do that? The ONLY agenda I can comprehend that isn’t mired in WIFOM is there was an agreement to cut Dunn loose because he was bleeding to much info, in which case,
    why didn’t Infinity go in for the kill?

• definitely makes sense as a town response given what's happened since then, and considering their history.
  • Infinity's bad pathing on reads this game can be partly explained by the phrase "distracted by the scummy", where she's focusing on actions that look bad in the moment while not entirely keying into what the actions entire mean/what scum motivation they serve. This is exemplified in 2349 where she calls out toog/dunn/saber/unwnd as weaker TRs she's skeptical of, and out of those she ends up putting Saber/unwnd in her lowest tier later on when she should have probably put toog/dunn there. This also kinda resembles how she played in the True Love game I've referenced.
  • is a valid point, though I also kinda get what gypyx was presenting in what Infinity was responding to
  • the way of heeding the words of those she trusts in is a towntell I think
  • the whole progression of -> -> seems good
  • response to ulyana's suspicion regarding the switch in secondary wagon didn't feel defensive
  • I like the consistency in believing in Prism's read rate on me, though Prism's meta impression of me was totally off (she thought my scumplay hadn't developed over 5 years of playing, when it very much had, and infinity can attest to that because one of the games I floundered as scum in was one all 3 of us were in, and since then I've broken out of the box that my play was stuck in, as infinity kinda saw in haunted village I believe) so there's absolutely room for her to have been wrong as town!
So I guess I spent like 4 hours on this for nothing, huh?
i did read it, but idk if it's confbias or anything but there's no argument that sticked strongly with me
bottom text
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Saber »

peta was speaking as if Saber/Gypyx and to an extent Ydrasse were his bottom reads in our room, but he wasn't attached to 1 of us being a stagehand over another, so I dislike that 'faceplanting' post a lot, especially since I had made clear I was on holiday in the PT, yet still checked in and gave my thoughts every once in a while. I'm not sure what the stagehand motivation is there though, since coming into this peta knows I vastly prefer to vote Infinity given I was pushing her from the start in the PT. Stagehand-him probably doesn't try to antagonise me knowing that I would think.

He also efforted a lot in the PT, and after seeing he was nominated I had a copper wrap thought that he'd upped the ante in anticipation of this, and that he knew he has to start looking more contestanty in advance to the members of his group (based on how the voting works), but it seems it wasn't very clear who was getting nominated in the other room given majority was 2 votes. And the effort and solving itself didn't ping me, it seemed natural enough.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Saber »

Oh yeah, I've placated on my unwnd/gooey read because of interactions and progressions on Dunn. There was one particular progression early on when unwnd replaced in that I would be suprised by if it was Stagehand-Stagehand.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:05 am

Post by Saber »

In post 3611, petapan wrote:Kill on sight. should absolutely not survive another phase. Just completely flatlined in the PT for no identifiable reason and at this point posting has been limited in focus and mostly geared toward pushing whatever the popular target was, looked reasonable to a point,
Oh God, and then I see this. This is absolutely not reasonable when you
know
my lack of activity has nothing to do with my alignment.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Saber »

Maybe I can dream and both Infinity/Peta are stagehands as unlikely as that is.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3686, Saber wrote:peta was speaking as if Saber/Gypyx and to an extent Ydrasse were his bottom reads in our room, but he wasn't attached to 1 of us being a stagehand over another, so I dislike that 'faceplanting' post a lot, especially since I had made clear I was on holiday in the PT, yet still checked in and gave my thoughts every once in a while. I'm not sure what the stagehand motivation is there though, since coming into this peta knows I vastly prefer to vote Infinity given I was pushing her from the start in the PT. Stagehand-him probably doesn't try to antagonise me knowing that I would think.

He also efforted a lot in the PT, and after seeing he was nominated I had a copper wrap thought that he'd upped the ante in anticipation of this, and that he knew he has to start looking more contestanty in advance to the members of his group (based on how the voting works), but it seems it wasn't very clear who was getting nominated in the other room given majority was 2 votes. And the effort and solving itself didn't ping me, it seemed natural enough.
actually that's a very interesting point

pink peeps, i kinda forgor, did pete show up early or late as a wagon option?
bottom text
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:17 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3688, Saber wrote:
In post 3611, petapan wrote:Kill on sight. should absolutely not survive another phase. Just completely flatlined in the PT for no identifiable reason and at this point posting has been limited in focus and mostly geared toward pushing whatever the popular target was, looked reasonable to a point,
Oh God, and then I see this. This is absolutely not reasonable when you
know
my lack of activity has nothing to do with my alignment.
i think your content sucks ass
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:23 am

Post by petapan »

like i don't care. i do not care. do not whine about being on vacation. it does not matter to me. i do think the way you are approaching the game is from a town mindset, your posts are hollow, they do not speak to me of legitimate solving motivation.
free crypto
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:25 am

Post by Saber »

VOTE: petapan

I don't even care, forget about everything else. I'm voting you.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Saber »

I cannot understand how that is ever in good faith. I am on VACATION, I have very limited time, and was even having to skim our PT, I comment on whatever catches my interest, and I go out of my way to still out in effort.

I am beyond irritated right now, and wanna believe you're acting in terribly bad faith rather than being genuine with that.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:27 am

Post by petapan »

don't think i didn't notice you glomming on to every slight hint of paranoia i outed
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3694, Saber wrote:I cannot understand how that is ever in good faith. I am on VACATION, I have very limited time, and was even having to skim our PT, I comment on whatever catches my interest, and I go out of my way to still out in effort.

I am beyond irritated right now, and wanna believe you're acting in terribly bad faith rather than being genuine with that.
yes saber i'm slamming you while i'm the one up for dying and not you, good, realistic thought
free crypto
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Saber »

Stop using oog circumstances to justify suspicions then? It sucks and isn't fun.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 am

Post by petapan »

i'm not, you fucking slimeball
free crypto
petapan
petapan