Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Saber »

You're incredibly unpleasant.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:32 am

Post by petapan »

baww
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3684, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3657, Infinity 324 wrote:i think it's more likely that they're scum together and were trying to look uncoordinated than that toog is town and dunn wrote out that whole post to try to look town instead of just shooting toog and staying alive

gypyx, thoughts?
hi yes

trying to look uncoordinated is defintely a possibility, but i don't think it's a super common page of the scum playbook (feel free to call me stupid if i'm wrong)

but like, once again, maybe his plan was actually to "just shoot toog" for all we know, toog was the first one to spin the bareel there, so it's not like dunn showed any will to not kill toog from what we can tell
huh? he could've put the bullet in the first chamber and shot them deterministically
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am

Post by petapan »

the fact is this is a game where some people are as part of the game lying and trying to manipulate others

to that end i have to have hard heart and not care when someone complains about their feelings or how i'm being unfair because they've been busy irl and didn't have the time. i did not care when galron cried about it even though i was probably wrong, i do not care when it comes to you. displays of emotionality and making excuses are only going to make me think people are falling back on that as a way of appearing vulnerable to make people want to be on their side. i care for none of it

i think the way you're reacting to me here is tantamount to a scumclaim
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3690, Gypyx wrote:pink peeps, i kinda forgor, did pete show up early or late as a wagon option?
middle i guess? maybe on the earlier side
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:40 am

Post by petapan »

it's so so so inwardly focused, all about you, concern for how you're being perceived, that's the most important thing to you
in a phase where you are not up for elimination
, it's very clear to see
free crypto
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3702, Infinity 324 wrote:huh? he could've put the bullet in the first chamber and shot them deterministically
oh right that

but obviously he didn't, and even if they were S/S, nothing prevented one guy to just shoot the other right as you say? which imo could've been worth it's fair share of towncred still
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

actually maybe even not

ughhh, i wish toog could just blow up rn so i no longer have to think about him lol
bottom text
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 am

Post by petapan »

saber eclain to me the scum motivation in
bad faith reading you when i could very well flip this phase
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3706, Gypyx wrote:but obviously he didn't, and even if they were S/S, nothing prevented one guy to just shoot the other right as you say? which imo could've been worth it's fair share of towncred still
doesn't it still look a bit planned if the bullet is in the first chamber and dunn just shoots scum!toog? this may not have been the best way to approach an s/s duel, but it makes more sense that scum would think that this is a good way of approaching it that that scum would risk dunn dying over town!toog

toog is my top scumread as a result of this tbh
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3709, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3706, Gypyx wrote:but obviously he didn't, and even if they were S/S, nothing prevented one guy to just shoot the other right as you say? which imo could've been worth it's fair share of towncred still
doesn't it still look a bit planned if the bullet is in the first chamber and dunn just shoots scum!toog? this may not have been the best way to approach an s/s duel, but it makes more sense that scum would think that this is a good way of approaching it that that scum would risk dunn dying over town!toog

toog is my top scumread as a result of this tbh
well, the main problem i see with the plan is that like, Dunn was without any contest acting scummy, so the stagebois took a 50% chance to lose the 2 peoples involved in the duel
bottom text
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

toog got more votes than dunn anyway, and any plan that involves saving a given scum member is gonna look pretty suspicious to the town
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:18 am

Post by petapan »

btw infinity if i wrongly sheeped scum onto you here i'm sorry, i just did not have any good ideas
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3712, petapan wrote:btw infinity if i wrongly sheeped scum onto you here i'm sorry, i just did not have any good ideas
it's ok, it's kind of a tough game, i fucked up by letting you get voted in
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:37 am

Post by petapan »

the whole split thread mechanic is wildly antitown, not a grouse, just want people to understand whatever the outcome here there shouldn't be necessarily a ton of blame assignment because the mechanics create a suboptimal decisionmaking environment
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:45 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3684, Gypyx wrote:but like, once again, maybe his plan was actually to "just shoot toog" for all we know, toog was the first one to spin the bareel there, so it's not like dunn showed any will to not kill toog from what we can tell
? the mafia chose where the bullet was and dunnstral had the gun first - so if the plan was “just shoot toog” (the plan that would have actually made sense, yes) then the bullet would have been in the first chamber and dunnstral would have just shot toogeloo
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:50 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3706, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3702, Infinity 324 wrote:huh? he could've put the bullet in the first chamber and shot them deterministically
oh right that

but obviously he didn't, and even if they were S/S, nothing prevented one guy to just shoot the other right as you say? which imo could've been worth it's fair share of towncred still
if dunnstral was playing for towncred would have spun barrel in first place as that is basically only town play there
j'aurai disparu
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3716, ulyana wrote:
oh right that

if dunnstral was playing for towncred would have spun barrel in first place as that is basically only town play there
dunn was playing for towncred with what he did, it may not have been the best way to do it, but i don't see another explanation for his actions
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3714, petapan wrote:the whole split thread mechanic is wildly antitown, not a grouse, just want people to understand whatever the outcome here there shouldn't be necessarily a ton of blame assignment because the mechanics create a suboptimal decisionmaking environment
yeah these events have kinda sucked so far

I honestly feel like a complete failure rn. Infinity has had my back so many times in the past, and the one time I have the chance to do the same for her, I get completely shut down. It's horrible.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:39 am

Post by petapan »

gamma it is literally one phase in a mafia game and the people who were being discussed have not flipped yet

the point i am literally trying to make is that these things are made to be difficult and so getting down over it is the wrong thing to do

and there's a broader conversation about not treating every phase in a mafia game like a life or death affair like people seem to but that's probably beyond the scope of things that are necessary to talk about here

(i mean, i feel bad i could not have ceph's back but that was literally by design of the setup)
free crypto
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3717, Infinity 324 wrote:
oh right that

dunn was playing for towncred with what he did, it may not have been the best way to do it, but i don't see another explanation for his actions
well why so affirmative ? Like, i don't know what sane scumteam goes "yeah you got this dunnboi, this post is litterally gonna big brain all of them townies huhehuhaha"
bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

it just sucks that the one time I'm confident that infinity is town in position to save her from an oncoming miselim, I get completely fucked by the setup + people basically tuning me out
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3721, Gamma Emerald wrote:it just sucks that the one time I'm confident that infinity is town and in position to save her from an oncoming miselim, I get completely fucked by the setup + people basically tuning me out
EBWOP

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

oh right that

i mean, from our perspective it is but you could argue scum kinda mindgame themselves into doing something else, although i reckon that's a pretty weak argument
In post 3715, ulyana wrote:
In post 3684, Gypyx wrote:but like, once again, maybe his plan was actually to "just shoot toog" for all we know, toog was the first one to spin the bareel there, so it's not like dunn showed any will to not kill toog from what we can tell
? the mafia chose where the bullet was and dunnstral had the gun first - so if the plan was “just shoot toog” (the plan that would have actually made sense, yes) then the bullet would have been in the first chamber and dunnstral would have just shot toogeloo
i'm dumb >.>
bottom text
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3718, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3714, petapan wrote:the whole split thread mechanic is wildly antitown, not a grouse, just want people to understand whatever the outcome here there shouldn't be necessarily a ton of blame assignment because the mechanics create a suboptimal decisionmaking environment
yeah these events have kinda sucked so far

I honestly feel like a complete failure rn. Infinity has had my back so many times in the past, and the one time I have the chance to do the same for her, I get completely shut down. It's horrible.
i couldn't save you from being chosen as the executioner, and also i remember having to hammer you at deadline at one point to avoid a no elim despite townreading you

good job correctly reading me; sometimes everyone disagrees with your reads and despite being right things work out really badly; it's part of being a team game

this game is very winnable even though i'm probably dying here, i believe in you to get it done
GTKAS

<3 you are valid