Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3998, petapan wrote:i feel like i'm not in a place to even evaluate that slot right now but harley's posting is doing herself no favors
Oksy, so you’re not going to help me, noted. :roll:
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:49 am

Post by petapan »

why would i, i assume you're competent enough to work your way into the game at your own pace
free crypto
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

So what I’ve got so far is they’re are two teams, pink and blue buy I’m trying to find the posr that explains how they got choses.

This flavour is positively lit, eventhough it’s confusing how both Infinity and Peta were apparently dueling but there was no elim, so I’m probably missing something.

@Peta, you can just ignore me, if you’re going to be a jerk to me, thanks.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 4001, petapan wrote:why would i, i assume you're competent enough to work your way into the game at your own pace
We’re finally getting somewhere, you recognize that I’m so far incompetent. Thanks for the compliment.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4002, Harley Quinn wrote:So what I’ve got so far is they’re are two teams, pink and blue buy I’m trying to find the posr that explains how they got choses.
the players who voted toog went in blue chat, everyone else went in pink chat.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

Sorry, the “jerk” thing was probably unwarrented.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:56 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3538, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3484, petapan wrote:how many scum do you think are in the pink room, skitter
Max 1, i would be shocked if there were more than that

I wanted peta, unwnd/nu-gamma, or saber. From the blue room i'm townreading gamma and cakez the most, and ydra/gypyx to a lesser extent.

My room was all over the place and i cant imagine a 6 person pt with 2+ scum being unable to cough up a 3 person wagon, which we were utterly unable to do

Also i am significantly more sus of taly after the pt, i would just like to say
Toog did look better in the pt too fwiw

@gammagooey i see ur question but realistically will not be able to get to it until tomorrow , just fyi
returning to this, again

i am very painfully obviously not aligned with the Galron slot. although it was not clear at the time of this post or the voting in the PT, i am very painfully obviously not aligned with the Saber slot.

as scum sometimes you just have to ignore things that are obviously true because they are detrimental to your win condition if you acknowledge them, and have to hope town just glosses over and doesn't pick up on this stuff. that is what is happening here. if she was actually thinking about who i could potentially be teamed with her view of the game would be significantly different
free crypto
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 4004, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 4002, Harley Quinn wrote:So what I’ve got so far is they’re are two teams, pink and blue buy I’m trying to find the posr that explains how they got choses.
the players who voted toog went in blue chat, everyone else went in pink chat.
Oh okay, thanks. Baby steps and I’ll hopefully stop feeling so stupid.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 am

Post by petapan »

In post 4003, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4001, petapan wrote:why would i, i assume you're competent enough to work your way into the game at your own pace
We’re finally getting somewhere, you recognize that I’m so far incompetent. Thanks for the compliment.
In post 4005, Harley Quinn wrote:Sorry, the “jerk” thing was probably unwarrented.
i'm not offended

nor am i trying to come off as being a jerk i just believe that you'll be more readable if i don't spoonfeed you
free crypto
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3984, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3982, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3980, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3978, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3976, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3972, Harley Quinn wrote:Oh yes, your partner wound up being scum in that.
What’s your point in bringing that up?
???

Because it’s true?

Wut
What does it have to do with this game though?
Nothing, your point?
I recall thinking my partner was town this game, so it feels like you’re trying to discredit my judgment.
In post 3985, Gamma Emerald wrote:town THAT game
Well I did too, do you not remember my posts?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

why does this game have 10+ new pages and the vote still hasn't started
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez! Newly updated!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3681, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3605, Gamma Emerald wrote:Infinity Towncase
  • She feels off her game here unfortunately, but in a way that I can probably reconcile as being town based in it happening before, in the True Love game we played a long way back.
  • post feels more like scum knee-jerk reacting to a townie based on the "I TMI'd, where???" type vibe the post gives. is a clear indication Dunn thought infinity meant Dunn was TMI’ing in this game.
  • Attempts to work through ulyana's early theory talk seem untainted by scum info
  • initial interactions with prism were to kinda play devil's advocate, this alongside other progression points on that slot (namely going back and realizing she felt gypyx was sus after she'd looked at her idea that Prism wouldn’t have off meta on me with her townread on me in mind) feel indicative of infinity having real thoughts on the slot
  • progression on me is she starts out thinking I'm in my townrange for wild thought processes, later realizes some of my content is stuff I could be faking as scum, and spends some time distrusting me until flipping her read back around like late-D1. That seems pretty reasonable for town!infinity, she probably doesn’t need to flip her read like she did as early as she did.
  • The exact logic for the read flip I was able to parse out was that she liked that I wasn't just trying to keep the same tactic up and get away with it, which makes sense, as I feel like that's a common behavior for scum!me when under pressure is to just push the same bullshit, and the particular way I went about trying to dig out of my hole sideways (as opposed to digging straight down) is one I think is just generally towny.
  • Has some pretty based takes that feel like she's not being manipulative (seeing ydra's town streak post as a joke, trying to correct me on my misinterpretation of cephrir's actions towards me)
  • The flip to SRing gypyx does actually seem like there was some prelude in that infinity thought gypyx was maybe meta-manipulating, which would justify going back on the prism read a bit more.
  • The "too many TRs" thing is something I can pretty much assure is a town!infinity thing at the very least. My exp with scum!finity is kinda limited though
  • Infinity's point about dunn TMI-ing actually really clicks because I'd also felt Dunn said some eerily accurate stuff about the setup this game, so that makes the Dunn reaction even more of an anti-partner tell imo. Dunnstral just kinda misdirected the topic of conversation, otherwise infinity might have locked into pushing him harder.
  • This only dawned on me when I posted about it before, but Infinity just dropping the idea of Dunn TMI would have been putting Dunn’s game at risk for little to no reason IMO. It’s my belief that Dunn was bleeding some level of scum knowledge about events. While Infinity was talking about something else, that post initially bringing up TMI was incredibly vague as to what the TMI was about. Someone with the right mindset and perspective seeing that would have locked on to that and immediately called for Dunn’s head. That’s basically giving someone else a free ticket to be obvtown, so why would scum!finity do that? The ONLY agenda I can comprehend that isn’t mired in WIFOM is there was an agreement to cut Dunn loose because he was bleeding to much info, in which case,
    why didn’t Infinity go in for the kill?

• definitely makes sense as a town response given what's happened since then, and considering their history.
  • Infinity's bad pathing on reads this game can be partly explained by the phrase "distracted by the scummy", where she's focusing on actions that look bad in the moment while not entirely keying into what the actions entire mean/what scum motivation they serve. This is exemplified in 2349 where she calls out toog/dunn/saber/unwnd as weaker TRs she's skeptical of, and out of those she ends up putting Saber/unwnd in her lowest tier later on when she should have probably put toog/dunn there. This also kinda resembles how she played in the True Love game I've referenced.
  • is a valid point, though I also kinda get what gypyx was presenting in what Infinity was responding to
  • the way of heeding the words of those she trusts in is a towntell I think
  • the whole progression of -> -> seems good
  • response to ulyana's suspicion regarding the switch in secondary wagon didn't feel defensive
  • I like the consistency in believing in Prism's read rate on me, though Prism's meta impression of me was totally off (she thought my scumplay hadn't developed over 5 years of playing, when it very much had, and infinity can attest to that because one of the games I floundered as scum in was one all 3 of us were in, and since then I've broken out of the box that my play was stuck in, as infinity kinda saw in haunted village I believe) so there's absolutely room for her to have been wrong as town!
So I guess I spent like 4 hours on this for nothing, huh?
what were you expecting to happen?
a lot of these things are things you seem unsure about yourself
others have been written off as NAI
nothing here seems unfakable it's a lot of "vibes" you have from Inf
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

and you even admit in your opening that they feel off
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 4008, petapan wrote:
In post 4003, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4005, Harley Quinn wrote:Sorry, the “jerk” thing was probably unwarrented.
i'm not offended

nor am i trying to come off as being a jerk i just believe that you'll be more readable if i don't spoonfeed you
I probably won’t be until I understand better what’s been going on but Infinity was extremely helpful with that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 4010, SirCakez wrote:why does this game have 10+ new pages and the vote still hasn't started
some stuff happened, i tilted Saber and she got replaced by Harley, skitter started posting and is pushing for me to die for crap reasons, i just utterly destroyed her and she should be eliminated for what she's trying to pull
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3703, petapan wrote:the fact is this is a game where some people are as part of the game lying and trying to manipulate others

to that end i have to have hard heart and not care when someone complains about their feelings or how i'm being unfair because they've been busy irl and didn't have the time. i did not care when galron cried about it even though i was probably wrong, i do not care when it comes to you. displays of emotionality and making excuses are only going to make me think people are falling back on that as a way of appearing vulnerable to make people want to be on their side. i care for none of it

i think the way you're reacting to me here is tantamount to a scumclaim
i disagree with this because when you were attacking me I felt very similarly. you can be ruder than necessary honestly.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Taly »

Cakez
, I don't like that you return to this thread knocking the only towncase presented on either nominee slot in the most handwavey manner possible.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4016, Taly wrote:
Cakez
, I don't like that you return to this thread knocking the only towncase presented on either nominee slot in the most handwavey manner possible.
who cares? one of them is dying either way and I've made my stance on Infinity scum very clear
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

do you agree with that case? Bc I agree with whoever said that no argument presented within it is convincing
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4012, SirCakez wrote:and you even admit in your opening that they feel off
When I say “they feel off” it means their level of play feels different than it normally is. I kinda rate her ability to parse through the bullshit pretty high.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am

Post by SirCakez »

ok then what explains that? why is Infinity not playing well this game?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 4015, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3703, petapan wrote:the fact is this is a game where some people are as part of the game lying and trying to manipulate others

to that end i have to have hard heart and not care when someone complains about their feelings or how i'm being unfair because they've been busy irl and didn't have the time. i did not care when galron cried about it even though i was probably wrong, i do not care when it comes to you. displays of emotionality and making excuses are only going to make me think people are falling back on that as a way of appearing vulnerable to make people want to be on their side. i care for none of it

i think the way you're reacting to me here is tantamount to a scumclaim
i disagree with this because when you were attacking me I felt very similarly. you can be ruder than necessary honestly.
yeah i'm coming to terms with that

the way i play is stuck in the past and is out of sync with current norms. i did decently playing with aggression in the past but the playstyle is clearly unsustainable (although i believe the stuff about needing to have something of a hard heart when it's possible the other person is trying to manipulate you)

if i was out of line with you earlier i apologize
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was thinking scum would have stances on this situation that feel way off or would be like, trying to tune out the nuance of what’s going on. That feels like Cakez rn.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Taly »

SirCakez wrote:
In post 4016, Taly wrote:
Cakez
who cares? one of them is dying either way and I've made my stance on Infinity scum very clear
I do care and your mentality here is why I suspect you. Your suspicions this entire game feel easy to make and I don't have a clear understanding on what you find trustworthy, town, or productive.

I'm less convinced on both nominees being scum at this moment but you don't seem so concerned beyond progressing this game only through elimination, and I can't parse your motive easily.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3862, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3642, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so very recently
Can I point out that aside from infinity herself, no one has said they’re voting peta? I’m also the only one who’s voted to abstain. And we’re worried about scum manipulation of the ballot
how exactly
?
i'm voting peta and think that something fuck-y happened in your pt for infinity to be the nom now when it doesn't seem like that many people are scumreading them anyways
nothing fucky happened four of us think they are scum and that's that
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------