Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1577, Good Luck Buddy wrote:i think town!gamma posts his dying thoughts or w/e

only scum!gamma would begin lolcatting gifs
again
, I'd basically already posted all the content I felt I needed to
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1624, Datisi wrote:
In post 1575, Datisi wrote:i sometimes use "we" to refer to someone else when i wanna point out their thoughts or actions are weird / unexpected / silly. i'm not sure if it's a thing in english >_>
@pooky, is this seriously not a thing in english

have i been embarrassing myself in front of english spekaers for years
Yeah that works but is reliant on tone so not great in a text medium
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Datisi »

okay thanks, i started questioning if i made the phrasing up completely

did someone say something about roles altering memories and sanities? it's feeling like that lel

also @gamma, what games are you comparing the frustrations to? or what's different iyo
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 1482, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I checked the activity overview and if ratmans flips scum GLB and CW are basically IC.
This kind’ve bothers me because if we limmed rat and he flipped town, it kinds of sets us and Buddy up and you already know this is my town meta anyway, so this kind’ve bothers me a bit.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1623, Cheeky Wings wrote:You didn’t sound spiteful? You practically high fived toog?
I was more spiteful about the fact that the trend was continuing of people not actually bothering to check my posting for existing reads
and I wouldn't say I was hi-fiving toog, I wasn't getting pissy but I was pretty much just disappointed and resigned to what felt like a fair shot. Now, I'm more willing to argue the points he brought up now because arguing out of a lim is different to arguing out of a daykill. This is why I asked if you read my TM game, because my play here is kinda matching what I did there, I was constantly outside the townblock but managed to keep enough of a pulse on what the townblock wanted that I acted as a tool to accomplish their aims, with the goal being to eventually be able to solve for myself due to not being able to keep up with the game at the beginning. I never really got to do that but I still managed to live to the town win at endgame despite constantly fighting for my life. I also pulled a similar stunt in LN235, and cheeky can definitely back this up.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Anything uPick Votecount 1.66:

Gamma Emerald (7): Taly, Ydrasse, Deimos27, Good Luck Buddy, Ircher, Sakura Hana, T3
Cheeky Wings (2): Gypyx, Ratmans
Deimos27 (2): Jjh927, Datisi
Queen (2): Gamma Emerald
Victorine (1): Titus
Sakura Hana (1): Victorine
Good Luck Buddy (0):
Datisi (0):
Loftwing (0):
Jjh927 (0):
Ydrasse (0):
Ircher (0):
Clemency (0):
Galron (0):
T3 (0):
Gypyx (0):
Titus (0):
Grandpa (0):
Ratmans (0):
Taly (0):

Not Voting: Clemency, Galron, Grandpa, Loftwing, Queen, Cheeky Wings,

With 20 alive it's 11 to lim.

The day will end in (expired on 2021-11-20 21:00:00).
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 am

Post by jjh927 »

Fwiw I asked about Datisi because that was Gamma's last serious vote before voting a lurker who is certainly a gimmick alt and Datisi also being here makes the real time discussion cooler

I am currently displeased with the level of information we are shaking out of Gamma
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1590, Datisi wrote:
In post 1584, Good Luck Buddy wrote:btw how do you read his reaction to getting fake-dayvigged
the "why tho" is like. whatever. i can see it from either alignment. i'm not sure i buy the gif posting as 100% lolcatting because the "lol i am a dayvig i just submit a shot" is such a common reaction test in games that i don't feel anyone with more than two games of experience would fall for it.
no I definitely believe he was killing me up until the flip. Part of the varied motivation behind the lolcatting was that I was feeling a little bitter at how other slots were treating me but rather than fill the thread with distasteful commentary I just opted to do something I found fun, which was posting anime gifs

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1593, jjh927 wrote:Okay Gamma wagon is definitely cool but I've decided I'm gonna

VOTE: Deimos
In post 1595, Datisi wrote:yeah ok let's see

VOTE: deimos
this is nice but I still wanna try to drag queen into the game tyvm

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 1629, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1623, Cheeky Wings wrote:You didn’t sound spiteful? You practically high fived toog?
I was more spiteful about the fact that the trend was continuing of people not actually bothering to check my posting for existing reads
and I wouldn't say I was hi-fiving toog, I wasn't getting pissy but I was pretty much just disappointed and resigned to what felt like a fair shot. Now, I'm more willing to argue the points he brought up now because arguing out of a lim is different to arguing out of a daykill. This is why I asked if you read my TM game, because my play here is kinda matching what I did there, I was constantly outside the townblock but managed to keep enough of a pulse on what the townblock wanted that I acted as a tool to accomplish their aims, with the goal being to eventually be able to solve for myself due to not being able to keep up with the game at the beginning. I never really got to do that but I still managed to live to the town win at endgame despite constantly fighting for my life. I also pulled a similar stunt in LN235, and cheeky can definitely back this up.
When I thought I was DOA in Ydrasse’s game, I made damned sure to post my reads and I was pretty damned frustrated that I was being wrongly sr just because my predecessor played so antitown.

VOTE: Gamma

I don’t believe your responses to this.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, talk to me about Deimos then since neither myself nor datisi have explained anything here about our votes so you cannot copy homework
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean, i also thought the claim and vig shot were legit considering he seroousclaimed early on. but i also think that the vigshot "reaction tests" are so common that if you're scum, even if you 100% believe a claim, there would probably be enough brain in there to know to not go full lolcat
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1599, jjh927 wrote:Rat reads as someone who is not paying much attention to the gamestate which is +town
why
I feel like my comparison to my mbos 10 play is valid so I'd like thoughts on that as well

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1635, jjh927 wrote:Okay, talk to me about Deimos then since neither myself nor datisi have explained anything here about our votes so you cannot copy homework
to expand on what I've said earlier, I feel like he was trying to ride the wave of "gamma/dats is TvS" sentiment by suggesting we were the only two votes anyone should consider (kinda putting words in his mouth a bit but I also feel like timeline of events backs it up a bit)
his reads on me+dats also don't feel very nuanced at all

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Good Luck Buddy »

In post 1629, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is why I asked if you read my TM game, because my play here is kinda matching what I did there, I was constantly outside the townblock but managed to keep enough of a pulse on what the townblock wanted that I acted as a tool to accomplish their aims, with the goal being to eventually be able to solve for myself due to not being able to keep up with the game at the beginning. I never really got to do that but I still managed to live to the town win at endgame despite constantly fighting for my life.
lol you lived to the town win at endgame because you site-flaked for like 3 weeks or w/e and there was a nightkill that had to be submitted so the town abused your inactivity to "clear" you and that tilted the last scum right off a cliff.
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:03 am

In post 1575, Datisi wrote:i sometimes use "we" to refer to someone else when i wanna point out their thoughts or actions are weird / unexpected / silly. i'm not sure if it's a thing in english >_>

it is not a thing in english lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1627, Datisi wrote:okay thanks, i started questioning if i made the phrasing up completely

did someone say something about roles altering memories and sanities? it's feeling like that lel

also @gamma, what games are you comparing the frustrations to? or what's different iyo
I'm comparing to how you got with wiki in mini 2246 a bit, there's you felt a bit more measured in your anger, here it feels more aimless

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:04 am

Spoiler: For Sakura Only (´,,•ω•,,)♡
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 1636, Datisi wrote:i mean, i also thought the claim and vig shot were legit considering he seroousclaimed early on. but i also think that the vigshot "reaction tests" are so common that if you're scum, even if you 100% believe a claim, there would probably be enough brain in there to know to not go full lolcat
But he could have said, remember my reads when I die or anything like it but he said absolutely nothing but post gifs.

And he didn’t sound remotely angry or spiteful either. So that doesn’t ring true based off of anything he posted att.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1639, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 1629, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is why I asked if you read my TM game, because my play here is kinda matching what I did there, I was constantly outside the townblock but managed to keep enough of a pulse on what the townblock wanted that I acted as a tool to accomplish their aims, with the goal being to eventually be able to solve for myself due to not being able to keep up with the game at the beginning. I never really got to do that but I still managed to live to the town win at endgame despite constantly fighting for my life.
lol you lived to the town win at endgame because you site-flaked for like 3 weeks or w/e and there was a nightkill that had to be submitted so the town abused your inactivity to "clear" you and that tilted the last scum right off a cliff.
I mean, yeah but I also did utilize the strategy I described up until I siteflaked

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1640, Good Luck Buddy wrote:

Oh, I guess we're not using we to chastise people in this fashion any more then
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:06 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1637, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1599, jjh927 wrote:Rat reads as someone who is not paying much attention to the gamestate which is +town
why
I feel like my comparison to my mbos 10 play is valid so I'd like thoughts on that as well

It's pretty simple theory, in that scum don't tend to come in with jarring reads because they need to agree other people in order to blend in unless they are particularly confident powerscum
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 1637, Gamma Emerald wrote:
why
In post 1638, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1635, jjh927 wrote:Okay, talk to me about Deimos then since neither myself nor datisi have explained anything here about our votes so you cannot copy homework
to expand on what I've said earlier, I feel like he was trying to ride the wave of "gamma/dats is TvS" sentiment by suggesting we were the only two votes anyone should consider (kinda putting words in his mouth a bit but I also feel like timeline of events backs it up a bit)
his reads on me+dats also don't feel very nuanced at all
Alright then why aren’t you voting either instead of some nia lurker?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1645, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1640, Good Luck Buddy wrote:

Oh, I guess we're not using we to chastise people in this fashion any more then
I think I got it wrong that it's the editorial we vs. the royal we but that sort of speech is still a real thing

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1647, Cheeky Wings wrote:Alright then why aren’t you voting either instead of some nia lurker?
I'm trying to pull content out of the slot by voting it, DUH.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!